Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,432 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? (15106 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Without Jesus, No Heaven/paradise! Muslims Hear! / Why Do You Want To Make Heaven/paradise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by OLEBRUKU(m): 10:33am On Dec 14, 2014
Ask Shekau n his boko boys cool
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by CANTICLES: 10:34am On Dec 14, 2014
vfactor:

Really? Good to meet you bro( or sis?)

Same here ..... NICE WRITE - UP
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by CANTICLES: 10:35am On Dec 14, 2014
vfactor:

Really? Good to meet you bro( or sis?)

Same here, Nice meeting you too ..... NICE WRITE - UP ,
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Teaser4(m): 10:57am On Dec 14, 2014
Petitio Principe (fallacy - begging the question). Who's God. What is heaven. You will never find any answer. embarassedPetitio Principe (fallacy - begging the question). Who's God. What is heaven. You will never find any answer.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Roum(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2014
[quote author=johnydon22 post=28866399]

thanks bro, am a humanist and i believe in the goodness and beauty in humanity[/quoteuwc, like ur charisma and u av my kinda reasoning
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 14, 2014
What is God’s purpose for the earth?
“This is what Jehovah says, . . . the One who formed the earth, . . . who did not create it simply for nothing, but formed it to be inhabited.”—Isaiah 45:18.

WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Many assert that the earth came about through a mindless process. Some religions teach that the earth is a temporary testing ground where God examines people to see if they should be rewarded with heavenly life or condemned to a fiery hell.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
The Bible says that “God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1) He told the first human pair: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection . . . every living creature that is moving on the earth.” (Genesis 1:28) The only mention of death was in connection with disobedience. (Genesis 2:17) Thus, God meant for the earth to be the eternal home for mankind. It was to be filled with obedient humans who would care for it and live forever on it.

Will the earth be destroyed?
“He has established the earth on its foundations; it will not be moved from its place forever and ever.”—Psalm 104:5.

WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Scientists have proposed various scenarios by which the earth could be destroyed or rendered uninhabitable. Sometimes called existential risks, these include natural disasters—such as asteroid or comet impact, supervolcanoes, the death of the sun, or global warming—and they also include man-made catastrophes—such as nuclear war or bioterrorism.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
God’s purpose for the earth has not changed. God’s Word clearly states: “The earth remains forever.” (Ecclesiastes 1:4) Furthermore, it will be inhabited for all time: “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.”—Psalm 37:29.

WHY DOES IT MATTER?
Belief that the earth will eventually be destroyed has caused some to plunder its precious resources. It has caused others to lose hope for the future and to live only for today. This can lead to a life with little meaning or purpose. On the other hand, if we believe that we can live forever on earth, we are more likely to make decisions that will benefit us and our families—even in the distant future.

Is heaven mankind’s final destination?
“As for the heavens, they belong to Jehovah, but the earth he has given to the sons of men.”—Psalm 115:16.

WHAT PEOPLE SAY
Many believe that all good people go to heaven.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS
Heaven belongs to God, but the earth is for man. The Bible speaks of “the inhabited earth to come.” (Hebrews 2:5) Jesus was the first man to ascend to heaven, and the Bible shows that a select few others will go to heaven for a specific purpose. Alongside Jesus, they will “rule as kings over the earth.”—Revelation 5:9, 10; Luke 12:32; John 3:13.

WHY DOES IT MATTER?
The belief that all good people go to heaven is not compatible with what the Bible really teaches. If God were to take all good people to heaven, it would imply that he failed to accomplish his original purpose for the earth and that his promises regarding everlasting life on earth are not true. In contrast, God’s Word promises: “Hope in Jehovah and follow his way, and he will exalt you to take possession of the earth.”—Psalm 37:34.

1 Like

Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 14, 2014
Omotolu:
...whatever!don't strain your mind on what is uncontrollable,unknown.just live a godly life here on earth.the rest leave it to the unknown God...
And some people liked this comment even though it makes absolutely no sense at all.

"Don't strain your mind"
"Live a godly life" and "...leave it to the unknown God"?
This logic is poor.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 14, 2014
Pyrrho:
And some people liked this comment even though it makes absolutely no sense at all.

"Don't strain your mind"
This logic is poor.
...thanks,buddy.unfortunately that is how I live this world.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by leofab(f): 11:31am On Dec 14, 2014
Mhizdimplez:
Our bodies would become terrestial.....we wldn't know anything about the flesh(like some people are saying)No hunger,thirst,etc.All the things of the flesh wld be gone.We may not even remember all these "fleshy" things......we won't get tired of praising God.
if there is no flesh then there is no pain? Or how do you expect a spirit to burn perpetually in hell?
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2014
Pyrrho:

"Don't strain your mind"
This logic is poor.
...it's purely my style,you definitely have yours..
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by StOla: 11:33am On Dec 14, 2014
Mathicks:
The gravity of this question is overwhelming. This single question could give any average christian doubts about the reality of stories that we've been hearing. About the reality of Hope. About the reality of God.
_
The best answer here would be to ask God all the questions we have about life, and to live a normal sin-less life. But could we be happy without sin in the world? Would the world be interesting without sin in it? Imagine a life without sin. No politician to yab and argue with friends about. Nobody to criticize. We all know what to do, so no confusion. No headache, maleria, nothing to even make us afraid. No drive, no motivation, nothing to push us or make us strive for success. Success in what? After all, we will all be equal then.. Right? Becaues if there is anyform of competition, or anything that we have to fight to achieve in heaven, then evil thoughts would spring up. But Heaven is said to be free from evil, so that's another problem. Another question is... Will our families and friends be with us? Will you be happy knowing that your mother or father or brother or sister didnt make it? Worst of all is if there actually is a 'hell', and you know that your family members are there. Wont u start getting angry at God and the angels? Will disobedience and hate not start again?.. Can man offer praises to God 24/7 without thinking ''is it only him sef? Wetin happen?'' ''why must we bow to him everyday?''..lol

_
then again, what is heaven?
Is it paradise on earth? I read that only a select few will actually make heaven, and only the remaining good people witll be on a paradise earth. Some people are of the opinion that heaven is the general place that everybody will go. Some say there is no hell. So many confusions.
_
For me, I'll say you shouldn't bother yourself with all this thinking. God has it all sorted out. (is there even a God? Lol...some people are already asking in their minds. Well, for me, I believe there is. I dont know if he's the way current confused-christians or disillusioned-muslims picture him to be. But I know there is a God. A good one. Maybe there are even many others? ..lol)

I like the fact that you dare to think.
For some people, thinking itself is a sin.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by leofab(f): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2014
vfactor:
Well, I do not believe the notion that ALL good people will go to heaven. Some good people will, but not all. Those who go have a job to keep them busy for many lifetimes: that of ruling as kings and serving as preists (Rev. 5:9,10).

For the rest of obedient mankind whom God count worthy of living on the earth forever (Psalms 37:11 & 29), they have lots of things to do. I can not evisage all but work no dey finish for this world: from remodelling the earth from what it is now to what's suppose to, with gadens and flowers and good road networks to studying plants and animals of various species. They'll also the opportunity to improve on and even discover more advance and earthfriendly technologies. Imagine a car running on carbon dioxide and emitting oxygen! Not to talk of opportunities to learn different skills, crafts and arts as your heart desires, travel to different parts of the earth (on foot, if you wish. After all u aint dying, what's d rush), have your own collections of flowers frm different part of the world, learn architecture so u could design ur mansion by the lake and the list is endless. And more importantly, endless opportunity to learn about God and his wisdom forever. What to do is never lacking
will there by food?and will the human metabolic system be subjected to changes? Will there be competition or leadership?
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by leofab(f): 11:37am On Dec 14, 2014
CoCoLav:
Its your flesh that makes you desire fun and sex. Once your flesh is shed off and you have just your spirit, you no longer desire earthly pleasure so you could praise God for eternity without feeling like something is missing.
and those that will end up on hell fire will go with their flesh?
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by leofab(f): 11:42am On Dec 14, 2014
klarke:
Heaven is not some mythical place where we do nothing but float in the cloud lazily.
Heaven is more real than reality itself.
It has a landscape and vegetation and divers species of birds & other animals, & flowers.
There are buildings in heaven (houses, mansions); Jesus said, "in My Father's house, there are many mansions..."
In all these, remember there is perfection. No dust, no dirt, no rust, no rot & offcourse no sun or moon, for the Glory of God illuminates the endless landscape of heaven.
so what are you insinuating; that our souls will live in those mansions?
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by StOla: 11:43am On Dec 14, 2014
dyadeleye:
You mean watching love ones suffer?...
Iro nla(big lie)...so you are telling me I'm gonna sit my ass down and keep watching one of ma hommies been smoked..you think I won't be mad??..ikan ma sele(something gonna happen oooo)

I just had to lol. grin

So watcha gonna do? Wrestle with angel Michael?
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by simdam500(m): 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2014
dyadeleye:
You mean watching love ones suffer?...
Iro nla(big lie)...so you are telling me I'm gonna sit my ass down and keep watching one of ma hommies been smoked..you think I won't be mad??..ikan ma sele(something gonna happen oooo)

waow..... eleyi le gan o
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
Omotolu:
...it's purely my style,you definitely have yours..
I appreciate your resolve, and now you've earned my respect. I wish others would accept that religion is completely a matter of faith and not facts. Then we can all get along.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Mesut11: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2014
klarke:

But as it is written, "No eye has seen, no ear has
heard, and no mind has imagined the things that
God has prepared for those who love him."

Thats it people. Imagine d most beautiful and the most awesome place on earth as of today. Heaven will be better than it in thousand folds. GOD PLS I WANNA MAKE HEAVEN... HELP ME!!!
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by simdam500(m): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2014
neoapocalypse :

Only 144000 worthy people will ascend to heaven , the rest remain on a refurbished earth with all the ills of our current world gone.

Don't you guys read the bible ?

in which book in the Bible says only 144000
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by 9inches(m): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
IYANGBALI:
the 1 wey we sing for here never do?
For wia, u neva start sef
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by simdam500(m): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
vanndubi: From comments so far, it is clear that humans were not designed to in the heavens with God. Psalm 115:16 says:"The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD’S: but the earth hath he given to the children of men".

As for the life in the new earth (2 Peter 3:13- Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness), human would lead the peaceful life that has eluded humans since the fall of Adam.

Psalm 37:9-11 confirms that, it says: "For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace"

That's my Bible based take smiley

so u mean the heaven is for God and his angels only. while the races we humans are into is for another earth somewhere??
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2014
simdam500:

Its there in the bible, he is right about the number. But the people who constitutes these number, is vague, like many other writings in the bible.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
simdam500:

O my , I guess you use your bible as a prop most times , it's clearly written in revelations
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by simdam500(m): 12:28pm On Dec 14, 2014
neoapocalypse :

O my , I guess you use your bible as a prop most times , it's clearly written in revelations

Pyrrho :
Its there in the bible, he is right about the number. But the people who constitutes these number, is vague, like many other writings in the bible.

wow that nice am sure when that verse was written, we must have had only 200, 000 people on earth then, cos let just think about it

we have over 144, 001 pastors on earth right now not to talk of congregation........... hilarious...

* arms fold *
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 14, 2014
simdam500:

wow that nice am sure when that verse was written, we must have had only 200, 000 people on earth then, cos let just think about it

we have over 144, 001 pastors on earth right now not to talk of congregation........... hilarious...

* arms fold *
Well, some bible scholars say only the number of Israelites who would make it to heaven on the first sound of the trumpet.... is 144,000.undecided
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by simdam500(m): 12:37pm On Dec 14, 2014
Wininiel :
Heaven is not the final resting place. Remember there would be a new heaven and a new earth. Another earth......so just imagine Adam and Eve didn't fall,how would they be living? I think that's how we would be living.*just a thought.

hoping Adam would be able to overcome the temptation, most especially when Satan now knows we love ladies with Brazilian hair and ladies love guys with pink lips
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by simdam500(m): 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2014
ojeffo :

Seun is muslim..muslims dnt hv heaven....ASK SHEKAU

where do u think they will screw their virgins
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by simdam500(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2014
well well before I leave the thread, I say good luck to Adam, hope he doesn't fail again in the new earth.

will wizkid, afro candy, Tonto dikeh, jay z and Beyonce also be there with us in heaven?
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Zector(m): 12:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
otijah:
My major problem above all is "sex" how can you spend all your life without sex anymore, the most sweetest thing God himself created, that devil is liar. I better go hell if sex can be allowed there. instead I do with pains. @op no dey tell me dis kain things oo

You better think well and give your life to Jesus.
Hell is not a place u can even pray for or enemy to go.

Sex is not everything in life.
If you ve married stay with your wife,if not wait till the time.
Sex kills if wrongly apply.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Weah96: 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2014
simdam500:
well well before I leave the thread, I say good luck to Adam, hope he doesn't fail again in the new earth.

will wizkid, afro candy, Tonto dikeh, jay z and Beyonce also be there with us in heaven?

All of these people will be there. Even Chaka Zulu, the real one.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Weah96: 1:06pm On Dec 14, 2014
Zector:

You better think well and give your life to Jesus.
Hell is not a place u can even pray for or enemy to go.

Sex is not everything in life.
If you ve married stay with your wife,if not wait till the time.
Sex kills if wrongly apply.

Sex is perhaps the only evidence which shows that someone or something designed this universe, including our bodies.
Re: What Will Man Be Doing In Heaven/Paradise? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 14, 2014
otijah:
My major problem above all is "sex" how can you spend all your life without sex anymore, the most sweetest thing God himself created, that devil is liar. I better go hell if sex can be allowed there.
. . . . Becareful what you wish for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Can I Do 3-days Dry Fasting Towards Deliverance. / The Book Of Bible Gaffes / Catholic Bishops Invite Pope To Visit Nigeria Over Herdsmen Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.