Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? (1489 Views)

Are All Wordly Songs WrongTo Listen To? / 5 Funny Things Pastors Do On The Pulpit. / The Lie "We" Preached From The Pulpit.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 14, 2014
it a question I need response to.to me I don't buy the idea but most of my friends sees it as technological advancement. And I ask what if a mermaid appear on the altar will the pastor point at the mermaid with the laptop? because we Christians knows how powerful the Bible is. it an argument though let's hear your take. happy Sunday beloveth.
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by Gabreal1(m): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2014
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by saxwizard(m): 8:11am On Dec 14, 2014
depends on ur church doctrine. .....but preaching with a laptop wont gv u much freedom to move abt especially wen u are projecting wat u are preaching. ....
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by davo90tico(m): 8:16am On Dec 14, 2014
the use of laptop for messages isn't unspiritual its a good step, for churches that have several services in one day numbering almost 7, laptops r needed as messages and notes for the preaching can be stored and easily retrieved during messages without the pause to search a whole lotta papers containing the pastors scribling. the bible is very effective and the word of God is eternal u don't need to point at the mermaid with the bible cos the bible is a tool for effective prayer not a means to display to demons, so use the bible verses to pray. The devil isn't scared of the bible but how the verses can enlighten us to be fearless just as the bible has and is teaching us.
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by acenazt: 8:43am On Dec 14, 2014
Time waits for no man. In the far past it might be considered worldly preaching with a book in hand as not all were instructed in the way of reading so it might be seen as showoffishness. Move with the times.
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by jahbiz: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2014
What do you call the bulbs you use in the church?
The comfortable chairs?
The drum set?
The microphones?
The loud system?
Fan/AC?
The series of phones?
Etc.

Have you ever used ur bible like a pillow in the night, had a nightmare and you were beaten like something else?

I used to do that when I was very young.

It IS ABOUT THE FIRE IN YOU.

Don't forget some janja brains use bible to smoke janjaweeddddddd. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by hushmail: 8:49am On Dec 14, 2014
Christ our Lord n saviour never used d bible to chase out demons neither did d apostles

my take is sign of changing times, we got to accept it
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2014
davo90tico:
the use of laptop for messages isn't unspiritual its a good step, for churches that have several services in one day numbering almost 7, laptops r needed as messages and notes for the preaching can be stored and easily retrieved during messages without the pause to search a whole lotta papers containing the pastors scribling. the bible is very effective and the word of God is eternal u don't need to point at the mermaid with the bible cos the bible is a tool for effective prayer not a means to display to demons, so use the bible verses to pray. The devil isn't scared of the bible but how the verses can enlighten us to be fearless just as the bible has and is teaching us.
am disagreeing the devil doesn't fear the bible. those days I have nightmares whenever the bible is beside me I slept fine and sound. my mum kept d Bible beside me when I was entering the teathre for my Ist and second surgical operations and I came out strong. so it effective brother
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by Tolexander: 9:13am On Dec 14, 2014
silvermania:
it a question I need response to.to me I don't buy the idea but most of my friends sees it as technological advancement. And I ask what if a mermaid appear on the altar will the pastor point at the mermaid with the laptop? because we Christians knows how powerful the Bible is. it an argument though let's hear your take. happy Sunday beloveth.
for your information, the bible is just a book. The life inside the carrier of the bible gives life to the book.

If a man has no living word from the Spirit of God, the bible he carries is as intellectually useful and spiritually useless as 'SAGAY Law of Contract'
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by LordReed(m): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2014
silvermania:

Funny people and funny superstitions. When Jesus was casting out demons what did He point at them? When Paul casted out a demon what did he point?
Re: Preaching With A Laptop On The Pulpit Wordly Or An Advancement? by cabotage: 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
In a sense, there is no issue preaching with only your laptop. But, in a poll, I will prefer you have the Bible (hardcopy) and probably have your notes/points in the laptop. It gives a more sense of being in a church service and not some public fora.

(1) (Reply)

Know Who And What Satguru Maharajji Is.... / Wow So Shocking,101 Signs Of The ENDTIME Alsomost Fulfilled.must Read!!! / Why I Hate Atheism With Passion Part 2 (I Murdered Atheism)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.