Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,755 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? (17882 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / What Shall It Profit A Man To Gain The Whole World And Lose His Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Advertico:
on the contrary sir. God weeps for every lost soul.

by burning them and acting like a monster. The greatest and lovable thing a true "God" can do is to forgive,not torment.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Weah96: 4:42pm On Dec 17, 2014
malvisguy212:
God design the law to guide us so that man will live in harmony with one another,but man chose to break this law. Those who go to hell make the choice by there own self, God say don't kill, don't steal ,don't commit adultery , is this to much to ask for?if you obey this law is for your own good,the world will be a better place to live, but people don't want to abandon there favourite sin. You chose hell or heaven,it a choice.

Which one is God 's own will? Because humans seem to override it effortlessly.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
edogho:

here to watch... u're going nowhere bro. wake up... all goes to hell/grave... even the Christ spent three days in hell at least that's what ur bible says @Acts 2...

well,I'm just here to watch u guys argue...

Bro there's nothing you can do about it. Denying it or saying that you are going nowhere does not help you at all.

At the end of your life here on earth its eternity in heaven or in the lake of fire. I'm not begging you to believe as your unbelief cannot wipe it away.

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
There is no god and if there is then i think it will profit him some rest, he would hav to rest from trying to correct & blend them to his way he will use like 1million light years to rest after a lot of effort to correct the man that made him 'sorrowful after he created him' but be sure there is no god.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2014
ifeness:

by burning them and acting like a monster. The greatest and lovable thing a true "God" can do is to forgive,not torment.
God doesnt want to burn any man.God wants to reconcile man to himself always. He rejoices when any man repents (ask for forgives), Jesus said there is joy in Heaven over one soul that repents. God is ever ready to forgive us if we can only ask.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
wordcat:

We don't have choice since god has already knw what we will choose. As an omniscient god we can't choose against his wish.
funny tin is we constantly choose against His wish. God gave us choice because He believes in our ability to make the right ones. Unfortunately we dnt always make the right choices
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
ooman:

He gave us freewill to choose. He made all sort of sin a choice. He created hell to burn sinners. Still, somehow, he doesn't want us to go to hell? Seems like that's his plan after all, to watch horror movie of hell for all eternity.
He surely likes the spine chilling effect of hell.
trust me that horror movie wont be fun mhen. But sorry to disapppoint sir, God isnt a saddist. He is Love. maybe we r talking about a different God
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
Advertico:
God doesnt want to burn any man.God wants to reconcile man to himself always. He rejoices when any man repents (ask for forgives), Jesus said there is joy in Heaven over one soul that repents. God is ever ready to forgive us if we can only ask.

And when did this "God" tell you that? In your dreams? Don't talk as if we haven't been Christians before.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
ifeness:

And when did this "God" tell you that? In your dreams? Don't talk as if we haven't been Christians before.
it is all in the Bible sir
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
Demainman1:

I would have been happier a robot. Why give me freewill and at the same time create all these temptations everywhere? angry
sorry bro seems u are really upset with urself for constantly not being able to overcome temptions. call on Jesus and He wll help you

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
IF an engineer creates a car & the car doesnt give him result he wants what doest he do with it? He disembles the car into piecer, break it and load all the iron/steel ruba into fire. likewise a mam sculptures an object & the object doesnt give right rusult then he would hav to disolve the clay...anyway there is no god.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Weah96: 9:51pm On Dec 17, 2014
mynairatime:
IF an engineer creates a car & the car doesnt give him result he wants what doest he do with it? He disembles the car into piecer, break it and load all the iron/steel ruba into fire. likewise a mam sculptures an object & the object doesnt give right rusult then he would hav to disolve the clay...anyway there is no god.

Did you watch the new Billy Burr special on Netflix? He does the car analogy.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by wordcat(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
Advertico:
funny tin is we constantly choose against His wish. God gave us choice because He believes in our ability to make the right ones. Unfortunately we dnt always make the right choices

Hehehehe..........

If we can choose against his wish, where then is his power of omniscient and omnipotency?

Having the power to knw that we will choose against his wish(going to hell fire);
Having the power to change it
(Prevent us from going to hell)

But...

Choose to be weeping(allow us to go to hell because we have freewill).

Isn't that pathetic?
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by wordcat(m): 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
Advertico:
trust me that horror movie wont be fun mhen. But sorry to disapppoint sir, God isnt a saddist. He is Love. maybe we r talking about a different God

Oh yeah, we are talking about the god whom his beloved son is sitting at his right hand side. They both watch how the TALIBAN planned and executed the killing of 132 school children and 10 others in Pakistan.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Weah96: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
wordcat:

Oh yeah, we are talking about the god whom his beloved son is sitting at his right hand side. They both watch how the TALIBAN planned and executed the killing of 132 school children and 10 others in Pakistan.

Those children were not Yahweh's problem but Allah's. Allah needs to watch his property more closely.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Shawl001(m): 3:02am On Dec 18, 2014
grin confused souls....#smh#
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by talibilm: 4:01am On Dec 18, 2014
UncleSnr:
It is written that the evil people will burn in hell i.e. suffer for eternity, my question is that, will it make them become good, or undo the evil they have done?
What is the gain of burning them forever?

Why should your father beat you when you do drugs ?

because in Love. To be fair with the other siblings who are good & strive .

So God is LOVING & JUST TOO grin
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Weah96: 4:56am On Dec 18, 2014
talibilm:

Why should your father beat you when you do drugs ?

because in Love. To be fair with the other siblings who are good & strive .

So God is LOVING & JUST TOO grin

See this one. What if your father decided to tie your hands and legs and throw you into the river? What message does that send to the other siblings? Will they not begin to FEEL ADOPTED?

Now consider the fact that a father who does that to his son is still one million times more loving than the one who puts his son in a fire and roasts him FOREVER.

2 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 5:49am On Dec 18, 2014
isn't it rather funny that critics of hell present it as being full of innocent people (like themselves!)?
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Weah96: 6:04am On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:
isn't it rather funny that critics of hell present it as being full of innocent people (like themselves!)?

Does Hitler deserve to roast for eternity or are 10 billion years of roasting enough for his less than 60 yr life?

Do you know that governments around the world have the technological ability to keep a death row inmate alive while torturing the person for the rest of his life?

Even in Africa, these people are put out of their misery. What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by anpaf: 6:16am On Dec 18, 2014
UncleSnr:
It is written that the evil people will burn in hell i.e. suffer for eternity, my question is that, will it make them become good, or undo the evil they have done?
What is the gain of burning them forever?

Because God loves us
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 6:20am On Dec 18, 2014
Is eternity 10 billion years?
Weah96:

Does Hitler deserve to roast for eternity or are 10 billion years
of roasting enough for his less than 60 yr life?

Do you know that governments around the world have the technological ability to keep a death row inmate alive while torturing the person for the rest of his life?

Even in Africa, these people are put out of their misery. What are you saying?
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Weah96: 6:25am On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:
Is eternity 10 billion years?

Can't answer a question with another one.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 6:31am On Dec 18, 2014
Can't feed your presumptions
Weah96:

Can't answer a question with another one.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by wordcat(m): 7:57am On Dec 18, 2014
Weah96:

Those children were not Yahweh's problem but Allah's. Allah needs to watch his property more closely.

Lol. forgive me, I thought that we all belongs to yahweh!

My mistake.

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by frank317: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2014
Shawl001:
. So, U̶̲̥̅̊ re implying, God's wish is Bad... Den y would God create U̶̲̥̅̊s a free-will agents? If we can make decisions ourselves, den y can't we decide †☺ go †☺ Heaven, since its our decision abi God can override our decision too...#mtcheeew#.. U̶̲̥̅̊ guys are pointless, instead øƒ U̶̲̥̅̊ †☺ be thinking øƒ ending ur life in heaven, a place above sorrow aπϑ pain, U̶̲̥̅̊ re thinking øƒ something else. U̶̲̥̅̊ should be more concern about tuning ur WiLL in line †☺ Heaven.... #TeamHeavenByGod'sGrace#

How did I read imply anything? I asked a simple question and you chose to write an essay without answering d question.

I will repeat: CAN ANYTHING GO AGAINST GOD'S WISH?

If its his wish that none of his creation go to hell, why are more than half of them going there? That means mans freewill is going against Gods wish.

What did God create something that seems beyond him?
He creates man and man is giving him so much headache to the extent he had to sacrifice his son to himself. Yet man still ends up in hell even against his wish.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

Bro there's nothing you can do about it. Denying it or saying that you are going nowhere does not help you at all.

At the end of your life here on earth its eternity in heaven or in the lake of fire. I'm not begging you to believe as your unbelief cannot wipe it away.

Go and vomit this fabricated religious fiction !

" YOU are dust , and to dust YOU shall return" Gen 3:19 !!!
Adam was in d dust before God created him, and when he dies HE WILL RETURN TO THE GROUND , Out of which he was taken !!!

" his spirit (breath) goes out, HE returns to the GROUND; on that day his thoughts perish" Psalm 146:4 !! When a person dies , his thoughts perish!

"and Jesus called out with a loud voice and said: "Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit. After saying this , he expired" Luke 23:46 !! His spirit is the force of life in him,.... And as a matter of scriptures, Jesus never ascend to heaven until 40 days after his RESSURECTION .(joh 20:17

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2014
^^^^

These Pentecostals like Fiction Novels sha, grin.

And the strange thing is, even though it says fiction on the front cover they read it as if it were fact

Even more shocking is, the more you quote verses debunking their 'madness', the less clearly they are able to see the truth. Very sad.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 10:24am On Dec 18, 2014
So, if a man's thoughts and everything in him PERISHES upon death, what is judged?
Does God RECREATE a new body that has never sinned and then loads it with memory of the guys who died and then judges them for things they never did?

CAPTIVATOR:

Go and vomit this fabricated religious fiction !

" YOU are dust , and to dust YOU shall return" Gen 3:19 !!!
Adam was in d dust before God created him, and when he dies HE WILL RETURN TO THE GROUND , Out of which he was taken !!!

" his spirit (breath) goes out, HE returns to the GROUND; on that day his thoughts perish" Psalm 146:4 !! When a person dies , his thoughts perish!

"and Jesus called out with a loud voice and said: "Father, into your hands I entrust my spirit. After saying this , he expired" Luke 23:46 !! His spirit is the force of life in him,.... And as a matter of scriptures, Jesus never ascend to heaven until 40 days after his RESSURECTION .(joh 20:17
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2014
vooks:
So, if a man's thoughts and everything in him PERISHES upon death, what is judged?
Does God RECREATE a new body that has never sinned and then loads it with memory of the guys who died and then judges them for things they never did?

are you arguing with the bible ??

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 11:11am On Dec 18, 2014
What will God judge,recreated dummies that have never been on earth, and then proceed to annihilate them in the lake of fire?
frosbel:

are you arguing with the bible ??

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Weah96: 11:15am On Dec 18, 2014
wordcat:

Lol. forgive me, I thought that we all belongs to yahweh!

My mistake.

You're forgiven. You couldn't have known how Allah and Yahweh divide their earthly resources.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Church Drags Factional Group To EFCC Over Embezzlement / Are Hebrews Really Black People ? / Do Miracles Still Exist?, Do Angels Still Assist Humans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.