Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? (17890 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / What Shall It Profit A Man To Gain The Whole World And Lose His Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2014
honourhim:

Your explanation is as useless as a dead rat. I don't see anything that calls for explanation on what those biblical verses said except that you need those explanations in order to sell your falsehood to. Cheap minds.

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2014
honourhim:

Useless as a dead rat.

You are slowly gettin to know the truth ...... Thanks A dead rat is useless , it cant talk , move or do anything , it knows nothing again, its brain connectivity is nw off! !!!!

A dead human is also useless , it cant talk, move , or do anything ! The brain , the powerhouse is now off , no more knowledge ...

" the livin know that they will die, BUT THE DEAD KNOW NOTHING AT ALL, nor do they av any more reward, beacause all memory of them is forgotten" - ecc 9:5

"the dead do not praise Jah; " - Psalm 11:17

" For in death, there is no mention of ( God); In the Grave who will praise you ?" psalm 6:5

" they are dead, They will not live. POWERLESS in death, they will not rise up" - Isa 26:14

" Lazarus our friend has fallen asleep .... Died" John 11:11-14

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

You are slowly gettin to know the truth ...... Thanks A dead rat is useless , it cant talk , move or do anything , it knows nothing again, its brain connectivity is nw off! !!!!

A dead human is also useless , it cant talk, move , or do anything ! The brain , the powerhouse is now off , no more knowledge ...

At least you have equated yourself with rats. Little wonder you reason the bible like a rat who sees the bible only a mere paper to be destroyed in its bid to satisfy its selfish interest..Your mission to destroy the truth in the bible is a failed one For your info, I am a human with a never dying soul. I dont deceive myself like you.

I still repeat this for you-

honourhim:

Your explanation is as useless as a dead rat. I don't see anything that calls for explanation on what those biblical verses said except that you need those explanations in order to sell your falsehood to. Cheap minds.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 4:15pm On Dec 19, 2014
frosbel:

The effort you put into talking about and defending the hell fire that you said does not exist clearly shows you are deceiving yourself, and the deceit is powered by fear.

Can fear and denial save you? The answer is a resounding NOOOOOOOOO........ Only Jesus can save you.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2014
honourhim:

At least you have equated yourself with rats. Little wonder you reason the bible like a rat who sees the bible only a mere paper to be destroyed in its bid to satisfy its selfish interest..Your mission to destroy the truth in the bible is a failed one For your info, I am a human with a never dying soul I dont deceive myself like you.

" Adam BECAME a livin soul" Gen 2:7 ! NOT GIVEN
A Soul!

" Adam BECAME a livin soul" 1 cor 15:45 ! NOT GIVEN A Soul!

" ALL HAVE SINNED " ROM 3:23

" The soul that sins - it itself SHALL DIE" EZE 18:4, 20
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

" Adam BECAME a livin soul" 1 cor 15:45 ! NOT GIVEN !

" ALL HAVE SINNED" ROM 3:23

You are arguing with somebody who is 'brain dead'.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

A Soul!

" Adam BECAME a livin soul" 1 cor 15:45 ! NOT GIVEN A Soul!

" ALL HAVE SINNED " ROM 3:23

Never dying soul.
Body Killed or dead on earth,
soul alive with God. Soul not in the grave with the body like a dead rat.

Revelations 6:9-11

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 8:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
frosbel:

You are arguing with somebody who is 'brain dead'.

Obviously it pains you that my brain cannot take the "madness" that you teach.

True to type reaction of you religionists when you fail in your bid to brainwash people with your false doctrine. Repent and reject the fear of hell. Embrace the truth in Christ and stop deceiving yourself.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by dolphinheart(m): 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2014
vooks:
The scientific angle is interesting but still it does not answer my question.
Am not concerned about God's ability to reconstruct anything. He made us first so nothing is too hard
The question is whether God's idea of judgment is creating bodies afresh and downloading into them thousands of years old memories and then condemning them! The body that receives punishment is certainly different from the one that sinned. Similarly, the bodies that make it to eternity are completely different from the ones that put their faith in CHrist. None deserves their reward

Sir , Gods idea that you mentioned above is far from my own understanding of the bible and I never mentioned such .

In relation to my first post, I will relate to u my understanding of what happens to man in the future.

When God first created man, he created him out of dust and blew into his nostrils the breathe of life and that man became a living soul.

God gave that man commands which includes how to continue living and what not to do so as not to continue living.
Man did not follow the command, man sinned, and thus could not continue living .
In condeming man to death, God said, "dust you are and to dust you return" .
Adam lost a perfect life.
For Adam offsprings who 1. God knew ir was not there fault that they lost perfection 2. God loved and 3. God wanted them to have an opportunity of gaining evalasting life , he sent his son to redeem us back to him and help us gain back what Adam lost.

So what happens in the future.
In the future there are going to be two resurrections. The first are those who will rule with jesus over mankind for a thousand years .the second ressurection are those who will live, attain perfection, and get to know about jesus and God for that thousand. Years.
After the 1000 years, Satan will be let loose to tempt them for a while, then they will be judged on these.
They will not be judged on there former life, if they are part of the unrighteaous, why? Because the bible said that the wages of sin is death, the price that you pay for sinning is to go to the grave when you die .

One thing we should note is that evalasting life is a gift, if we reject the gift and the conditions it comes with, we will have no life(talk less of purnishment) , if u have no life, you have no memory, senses, thoughts, imagination or aspirations, u simply dnt exist.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 19, 2014
[quote author=honourhim post=29032825]

Obviously it pains you that my brain cannot take the "madness" that you teach.

Of course your brain cannot take it, it has been brain washed, grin.

True to type reaction of you religionists when you fail in your bid to brainwash people with your false doctrine. Repent and reject the fear of hell. Embrace the truth in Christ and stop deceiving yourself.

Two terms which stick to you like glue - religionists and brainwash. Let's also add extremist to make it complete.

wink
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
honourhim:

Never dying soul.
Body Killed or dead on earth,
soul alive with God. Soul not in the grave with the body like a dead rat.

Revelations 6:9-11

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
funny person .... I Gave u a scripture , u reply with another ! Tellin me dat the scripture contradicts itself , IT DOESNT!!!

The soul's under the altar is nor refferin to d immortal soul of greek pagans (Genesis 2:7 says man became soul; eze 18:4 says SOUL DIE !!!
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 11:36pm On Dec 19, 2014
Apostle John himself knows that soul stands for blood !!!

" for the soul of the flesh is in the BLOOD" leviticus 17: 11,12 !!!

" sprinkle the blood round about upon the altar" Lev 3:2 !
The sacrificial lamb or sheep is related with the altar !
we see the soul or blood of this faithful servant of God in the symbolic Alter in heaven beacause God views their death as sacrifice .

It also says "" they cried out for vengeance" !

How can the blood cry out when its clear that the " dead knows nothing at all" ( Ecc 9:5)!

Remember that when Abel dies, his God says " his BLOOD is crying out from the ground" - Gen 4:10,11 ! Blood cant talk , but what happen is that Abel dies innocent , and the person dat kills him needs d vengeance .... Cain receive dat! In d same manner,d blood of many servants of God killed seek vengeance ! Jer 15:15,16 .

" The one who conquers will thus be dressed in white garment," Rev 3:5 ! This applies to those who have been PURCHASED from among the people on earth (READ Rev 14:1,3,4) who will be ressurected to heaven LIKE Jesus Christ (Romans 6:5), to Rule AS KING AND PRIEST OVER THE EARTH REV 5:9,10
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 6:33am On Dec 20, 2014
frosbel:

Of course your brain cannot take it, it has been brain washed,

Oh...its no more brain dead? Now brain washed?

At least its good you ve accepted that my brain cannot take the madness you teach. Try mad people bro they will accept you totally. Not me.

frosbel:

Two terms which stick to you like glue - religionists and brainwash. Let's also add extremist to make it complete.

Yes they stick to me having seen how you people manipulate cheap souls and the devastating efects it is having on such people.

Repent and accept Jesus today. The fear of the lake of fire cannot save you. Only Jesus can save you.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 6:50am On Dec 20, 2014
What will resurrect? Where will they be before they resurrect?
dolphinheart:

Sir , Gods idea that you mentioned above is far from my own understanding of the bible and I never mentioned such .

In relation to my first post, I will relate to u my understanding of what happens to man in the future.

When God first created man, he created him out of dust and blew into his nostrils the breathe of life and that man became a living soul.

God gave that man commands which includes how to continue living and what not to do so as not to continue living.
Man did not follow the command, man sinned, and thus could not continue living .
In condeming man to death, God said, "dust you are and to dust you return" .
Adam lost a perfect life.
For Adam offsprings who 1. God knew ir was not there fault that they lost perfection 2. God loved and 3. God wanted them to have an opportunity of gaining evalasting life , he sent his son to redeem us back to him and help us gain back what Adam lost.

So what happens in the future.
In the future there are going to be two resurrections. The first are those who will rule with jesus over mankind for a thousand years .the second ressurection are those who will live, attain perfection, and get to know about jesus and God for that thousand. Years.
After the 1000 years, Satan will be let loose to tempt them for a while, then they will be judged on these.
They will not be judged on there former life, if they are part of the unrighteaous, why? Because the bible said that the wages of sin is death, the price that you pay for sinning is to go to the grave when you die .

One thing we should note is that evalasting life is a gift, if we reject the gift and the conditions it comes with, we will have no life(talk less of purnishment) , if u have no life, you have no memory, senses, thoughts, imagination or aspirations, u simply dnt exist.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 6:55am On Dec 20, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
funny person .... I Gave u a scripture , u reply with another ! Tellin me dat the scripture contradicts itself , IT DOESNT!!!

The soul's under the altar is nor refferin to d immortal soul of greek pagans (Genesis 2:7 says man became soul; eze 18:4 says SOUL DIE !!!

See this pathetic liar. It is your brain that is contradicting the scripture and not the scripture contradicting itself. Soul and body are two seperate things. Let me give you another biblical quote by Jesus.

Mathew 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Again Jesus drew the distinction here. Man can only kill the body but not the soul. Only God can destroy both. Stop lying to yourself because of the fear of hell fire bro. Only Jesus can save you not fear.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 7:03am On Dec 20, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
Apostle John himself knows that soul stands for blood !!!

" for the soul of the flesh is in the BLOOD" leviticus 17: 11,12 !!!

" sprinkle the blood round about upon the altar" Lev 3:2 !
The sacrificial lamb or sheep is related with the altar !
we see the soul or blood of this faithful servant of God in the symbolic Alter in heaven beacause God views their death as sacrifice .

It also says "" they cried out for vengeance" !

How can the blood cry out when its clear that the " dead knows nothing at all" ( Ecc 9:5)!

Remember that when Abel dies, his God says " his BLOOD is crying out from the ground" - Gen 4:10,11 ! Blood cant talk , but what happen is that Abel dies innocent , and the person dat kills him needs d vengeance .... Cain receive dat! In d same manner,d blood of many servants of God killed seek vengeance ! Jer 15:15,16 .

" The one who conquers will thus be dressed in white garment," Rev 3:5 ! This applies to those who have been PURCHASED from among the people on earth (READ Rev 14:1,3,4) who will be ressurected to heaven LIKE Jesus Christ (Romans 6:5), to Rule AS KING AND PRIEST OVER THE EARTH REV 5:9,10

Your explanation here is a crap. Total misinterpretation of the scripture to suit your false teaching.

Matthew 26:38.

38 Then saith he unto them, My SOUL is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.

You mean that what Jesus said here is- "my BLOOD is exceedingly sorrowful" ...huh?

And in mark 8:36

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own SOUL?

You mean that what Jesus said here is -

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own BLOOD"?
You have a serious problem bro. May God deliver you.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2014
CAPTIVATOR and frosbel,
How comes you shy away from my question?
Both of you are dying.
Assume you are to resurrect.
What will inherit eternal life is not frosbel nor CAPTIVATOR since you ceased to exist the moment you died
God creates your lookalikes, fills them with your memory,character and personality he had stashed somewhere and enjoys eternity with them on account of what you did on earth
Those lookalikes/fakes are not you. They were never on earth, they never persevered nothing, they never resisted temptation

That is your Saduccee theology in a nutshell the only difference being that you believe in 'resurrection' while Sadducees never believed in that

Can you see how dumb and unintelligent this thinking is?

cc
mbaemeka
Nlmediator

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2014
vooks:
CAPTIVATOR and frosbel,
Both of you are dying.
What will inherit eternal life is not frosbel nor CAPTIVATOR since you ceased to exist the moment you died
God creates your lookalikes, fills them with your memory,character and personality he had stashed somewhere and enjoys eternity with them on account of what you did on earth
Those lookalikes/fakes are not you. They were never on earth, they never persevered nothing, they never resisted temptation

That is your Saduccee theology in a nutshell the only difference being that you believe in 'resurrection' while Sadducees never believed in that

Can you see how dumb and unintelligent this thinking is?

cc
mbaemeka
Nlmediator

Honestly both of them are so dumb and in a very pitiable state.

They won't answer you until they cook up the lies that they ll tell.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 7:57am On Dec 20, 2014
Reductio ad absurdum
Their soul-sleep heresy leads them to very absurd conclusion; that the dead will NEVER reap everlasting life. God will recreate dummies in their stead. He will recreate Abraham,Isaac,Moses and so forth

honourhim:

Honestly both of them are so dumb and in a very pitiable state.

They won't answer you until they cook up the lies that they ll tell.

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:06am On Dec 20, 2014
honourhim:

Your explanation here is a crap. Total misinterpretation of the scripture to suit your false teaching.

Matthew 26:38.

38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with
And in mark 8:36
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
You mean that what Jesus said here is -
"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own blood"?

U got me laughing .... Once again ! , matt 26:38 and mark 8:36 never mentions "ALTAR" on wich blood is sprinkled! Soul dat Jesus pour to death ,in that context refer to the life of Jesus himself, which he gave in a ransom for many people !!

Contrary to your nollywood movies ............. NOTHING LEAVE JESUS BODY WHEN HE DIES , He was in d grave for 3 days and three nights till he was Ressurected !Matt 12:40
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:14am On Dec 20, 2014
vooks:
Reductio ad absurdum
Their soul-sleep heresy leads them to very absurd conclusion; that the dead will NEVER reap everlasting life. God will recreate dummies in their stead. He will recreate Abraham,Isaac,Moses and so forth

" There is going to be a ressurection" Act 24:15
" Ressurection of the dead" heb 6:2 NOT ressurection of d livin
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 8:22am On Dec 20, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

U got me laughing .... Once again ! , matt 26:38 and mark 8:36 never mentions "ALTAR" on wich blood is sprinkled! Soul dat Jesus pour to death ,in that context refer to the life of Jesus himself, which he gave in a ransom for many people !!

Contrary to your nollywood movies ............. NOTHING LEAVE JESUS BODY WHEN HE DIES , He was in d grave for 3 days and three nights till he was Ressurected !Matt 12:40

Same crap. Soul has suddenly become life now and not blood anymore?
May God deliver you from this fear-induced deceit.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2014
vooks:
CAPTIVATOR and frosbel,
Both of you are dying.

the only difference being that you believe in 'resurrection' while Sadducees never believed in tha

cc
mbaemeka
Nlmediator

Jesus Ressurect A Decomposed Lazarus of bethany .. Already smellin dead man.... WITH A FRESH BODY,( JOH11: 11 - 30) yet he still RECOGNIZE Martha and Mary as his sisters !!

The resurected dead daughter of Jairus also recognize his parents

GO and read more about what Jesus will accomplish at resurection of the dead

2 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:

You didn't answer the question he asked you oh false teacher.

How long shall you continue to wallow in this falsehood of yours?
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:29am On Dec 20, 2014
honourhim:

Contrary to ur nollywood movies ..... NOTHIN LEAVES JESUS BODY WHEN HE DIES , He was in d grave for three days and three nights until his Ressurection ! Matt 12:40
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2014
honourhim:

Contrary to ur nollywood movies and greek thinking ..... NOTHIN LEAVES JESUS BODY WHEN HE DIES , He was in d grave for three days and three nights until his Ressurection ! Matt 12:40
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2014
honourhim:

Contrary to ur nollywood movies and pagan greek thinking ..... NOTHIN LEAVES JESUS BODY WHEN HE DIES , He was in d grave for three days and three nights until his Ressurection ! Matt 12:40
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2014
That is because the spirit of lazarus returned to him.
If you can't see the absurdity of your position you need prayers
CAPTIVATOR:

Jesus Ressurect A Decomposed Lazarus of bethany .. Already smellin dead man.... WITH A FRESH BODY,( JOH11: 11 - 30) yet he still RECOGNIZE Martha and Mary as his sisters !!

The resurected dead daughter of Jairus also recognize his parents

GO and read more about what Jesus will accomplish at resurection of the dead
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 8:49am On Dec 20, 2014
Your thoughts will cease to exist
So God recreates them at resurrection?
Your body too
He recreates it at resurrection
The recreated you was never on earth
CAPTIVATOR:

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 8:50am On Dec 20, 2014
vooks:
That is because the spirit of lazarus returned to him.
If you can't see the absurdity of your position you need prayers

We are gradually gettin there : thanks to JEHOVAH God and my master Jesus Christ!

What is this spirit in man? Because animals also have this "same spirit " in them - ecc 3 : 19-21 !!

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 8:59am On Dec 20, 2014
You will never enjoy eternity. Does that surprise you?
The difference between you and the sinner is God will recreate your clone and load it with your mind and pretend that it is you
He won't waste time with the sinner's clone

Meditate over that

CAPTIVATOR:

We are gradually gettin there : thanks to JEHOVAH God and my master Jesus Christ!

What is this spirit in man? Because animals also have this "same spirit " in them - ecc 3 : 19-21 !!

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2014
vooks:
You will never enjoy eternity. Does that surprise you?
The difference between you and the sinner is God will recreate your clone and load it with your mind and pretend that it is you
He won't waste time with the sinner's clone

Meditate over that

1) What does the bible refer to as spirit in man and animals ?

2) Is it the same as the breath of life ??

3) do animals av the breath of life ??

4) when Jesus commend his spirit to God in luke 23:46 before his death , was he in heaven ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! / "Every Gang Up Against Christianity In Nigeria Will Not Stand" - Oyedepo Prays / Do Miracles Still Exist?, Do Angels Still Assist Humans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.