Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? (18306 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / What Shall It Profit A Man To Gain The Whole World And Lose His Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by dhope: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
Zico0:
This is my opinion: after armageddon, God will renovate the earth into a paradise again. True christians will resurrect, and others will be gone forever, i.e their souls lost; inexistent; not alive in spirit. There is no such thing as hell fire, and there is no ascension.
Resurrected individuals will come back to life at their age at death, and since there's no death anymore there will be no aging; i guess. Although, children could mature.
There's no where in bible were hell fire is stated literally.
God gave us a soul; spirit; mind; conscience; whatever, when he breathe life into man. Without that life power, man is just like earth(rock), which has no memories, past, conscience, spirit; no nothing. Earth(a rock), for example, cannot suffer; it can't feel pain. Christians got it twisted by taking it literally, hell fire is just a sort of reinforcement mechanism; as christianity is not a joke.
When the soul is gone forever(inexistent), we can assume it's burning in hell or whatever to engender seriousness in new converts but the fact is it's nothing anymore; it's gone. So the bible teaches spear the rod and spoil the child.
i
see a jw member downloading d msg and belief of rutherford and his watch bibu track society. i pity u and ur false doctrine. u beta seek 4 d truth b4 it is late rather dan surrendering ur soul to be brainwashed by set of pple.dont say i dont tellu dt HELL FIRE IS REAL O eventhough dey might hav edited it's confirmatn in ur philosophical bible version u called new world translation.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by davien(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

Bro can you change what is on ground? No. You have only two options- heaven or lake of fire, choose one. Even if we argue it till ages to come it can't change anything. Choose heaven for your own good. God help you.
Again,how is this not a threat?....pay me or die,choose freely and worship me or burn,choose freely.. undecided
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by davien(m): 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

Kindly show me where the book of revelation mentioned tree of the knowledge of good and evil as it was mentioned in Genesis among the many trees planted in the garden.

Also kindly show me where God promised us that there will be no evil,no pain, no tears, no death, no sorrow in this present world forever as he promised for the new heaven and new earth.
There is no such verse...you are requesting a red herring, I've already asked the basic question, how do you know that the tree its not among the different kinds there was the question...
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 9:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
davien:
Again,how is this not a threat?....pay me or die,choose freely and worship me or burn,choose freely.. undecided

Bro If its a threat to you its not a threat to me and some others. And whether you feel its a threat or not doesn't change anything about it.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
davien:
There is no such verse...you are requesting a red herring, I've already asked the basic question, how do you know that the tree its not among the different kinds there was the question...

I ve answered you but because you have a biased mind towards this issue you will not want to accept any answer that doesn't favour you even when its obvious scripturally.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CANTICLES: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

False teachers misinterpreting the scripture.

Everything He wrote is scripturally correct !
Gen 3:19 says Adam is dust and to dust Adam shall return.

Psalm 146:4 says a man's thought perish when he dies !

Luke 23:46 says Jesus comend his spirit ( breath) to God ! And Died

John 20:17 reveal that Jesus never ascend to heaven when he dies , he was simply in d grave...............................................
But you find it had to digest since uv absorb pagan greek thinkings .

Wait ! DID JESUS DIE (OR) its Only his flesh that dies ??
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by davien(m): 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

Bro If its a threat to you its not a threat to me and some others. And whether you feel its a threat or not doesn't change anything about it.
It does change something....you have already accepted it as a fact....so to you, you'd not notice the emotional blackmail involved....threats are not a valid way of getting to know people.....my father didn't relate with me via threats...so how is it that this "ultimate father" of yours relates using threats?..that is purely egotistic and manipulative... undecided

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
CANTICLES:

Everything He wrote is scripturally correct !
Gen 3:19 says Adam is dust and to dust Adam shall return.

Psalm 146:4 says a man's thought perish when he dies !

Luke 23:46 says Jesus comend his spirit ( breath) to God ! And Died

John 20:17 reveal that Jesus never ascend to heaven when he dies , he was simply in d grave...............................................
But you find it had to digest since uv absorb pagan greek thinkings .

Wait ! DID JESUS DIE (OR) its Only his flesh that dies ??

Between you people and Jesus who is the liar here?-

Jesus described it as everlasting fire in Mathew 18:8
Mathew 25:41.

Matthew 3:12 desribes it as unquenchable fire.

Mark 3:29 jesus called it eternal damnation.

Mark 9:47 says hell fire.
Mark 9:48 says its a fire that cannot be qenched.
Luke 16:19-31- the story of Lazarus and the rich man.

Fear cannot save you from eternal damnation. Only Jesus can save you. Repent and embrace the truth. Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
^^^^

Programmed Robot still in action. Smh

shocked

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
davien:
It does change something....you have already accepted it as a fact....so to you, you'd not notice the emotional blackmail involved....threats are not a valid way of getting to know people.....my father didn't relate with me via threats...so how is it that this "ultimate father" of yours relates using threats?..that is purely egotistic and manipulative... undecided

All these ones you are complaining is not the solution. Fear cannot save you. Only Jesus can save you if you want. If you don't want then that's for you. I'm not forcing you to believe bro. Only time will tell you if you ve taken the right step now.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
frosbel:
^^^^

shocked

See what fear is doing to you. Your case is pathetic indeed. Smh.

Go and read what I dropped for you in Ola's thread and stop deceiving yourself.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by davien(m): 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

All these ones you are complaining is not the solution. Fear cannot save you. Only Jesus can save you if you want. If you don't want then that's for you. I'm not forcing you to believe bro. Only time will tell you if you ve taken the right step now.
Proselytizing to me won't change my view of your position...
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
frosbel:
^^^^

shocked

Here is what you wrote condemning Ola for being skeptical about the book of Enoch and my reply to you.

Unfortunately for you the book you support still hits you with the very truth that the bible is hitting you with. Stop deceiving yourself. Here is it-

frosbel:
Trying to engage OLAADEGBU in a constructive debate is pointless. I should know, I was once like him, a preprogrammed robot spouting out one rigid line of argument with no recourse to personal opinion, logic or reason.

It is only when OLAADEGBU leaves his cult with the one man at the Helm who doubles as their pastor and brain , that his senses may return , enabling him to see the wood from the trees.

honourhim:

Let me quickly bring to your notice before you go far that the book of Enoch in chapter 22 destroys your false teaching of" no eternal punishment","there's nothing like soul that goes anywheret when one dies". Oya go and cook up the lies you will tell in this one as you did in the case of the bible. Mr fear fear.

Here is chapter 22 of the book below-

Chapter 22 [SECT. V.]
1. From thence I proceeded to another spot, where I saw on the west a great and lofty mountain, a strong rock, and four delightful places.

2. Internally it was deep, capacious, and very smooth; as smooth as if it had been rolled over: it was both deep and dark to behold.

3. Then Raphael, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered and said, These are the delightful places where the spirits, the souls of the dead, will be collected; for them were they formed; and here will be collected all the souls of the sons of men.

4. These places, in which they dwell, shall they occupy until the day of judgment, and until their appointed period.

5. Their appointed period will be long, even until the great judgment. And I saw the spirits of the sons of men who were dead; and their voices reached to heaven, while they were accusing.

6. Then I inquired of Raphael, an angel who was with me, and said, Whose spirit is that, the voice of which reaches to heaven, and accuses?

7. He answered, saying, This is the spirit of Abel, who was slain by Cain his brother; and who will accuse that brother, until his seed be destroyed from the face of the earth;

8. Until his seed perish from the seed of the human race.

9. At that time therefore I inquired respecting him, and respecting the general judgment, saying, Why is one separated from another? He answered, Three separations have been made between the spirits of the dead, and thus have the spirits of the righteous been separated.

10. Namely, by a chasm, by water, and by light above it.

11. And in the same way likewise are sinners separated when they die, and are buried in the earth; judgment not overtaking them in their lifetime.

12. Here their souls are separated. Moreover, abundant is their suffering until the time of the great judgment, the castigation, and the torment of those who eternally execrate, whose souls are punished and bound there for ever.

13. And thus has it been front the beginning of the world. Thus has there existed a separation between the souls of those who utter complaints, and of those who watch for their destruction, to slaughter them in the day of sinners.

14. A receptacle of this sort has been formed for the souls of unrighteous men, and of sinners; of those who have completed crime, and associated with the impious, whom they resemble. Their souls shall not be annihilated in the day of judgment, neither shall they arise from this place. Then I blessed God,

15. And said, Blessed be my Lord, the Lord of glory and of righteousness, who reigns over all for ever and for ever.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

Here is what you wrote condemning Ola for being skeptical about the book of Enoch and my reply to you.

Unfortunately for you the book you support still hits you with the very truth that the bible is hitting you with. Stop deceiving yourself. Here is it-

Lol, you don't lack imagination.

Of course the book of Enoch is a valid book of the bible, do I believe all of it's content, NOPE.

You need to read my article which I raised a few months on bible inerrancy. The Bible is not inerrant.

I feel sorry for you , FEAR is all you know, remove FEAR and you will be back to your vomit.

Learn LOVE ............

Speak later Alexeo wink

2 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 11:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
frosbel:

Lol, you don't lack imagination.

Of course the book of Enoch is a valid book of the bible, do you I believe all it's content, NOPE.

You need to read my article which I raised a few months on bible inerrancy. The Bible is not inerrant.

I feel sorry for you , FEAR is all you know, remove FEAR and you will be back to your vomit.

Learn LOVE ............
)

That's how you keep running from pillar to post in your confusion. It is fear that led you into this deceit.

Call me whateve thatr comes into your head, my advice to you remains- Embrace the truth and be free from this fear that has led you into deceiving yourself.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
honourhim:

That's how you keep running from pillar to post in your confusion. It is fear that led you into this deceit.

Call me whateve thatr comes into your head, my advice to you remains- Embrace the truth and be free from this fear that has led you into deceiving yourself.

You fear HELL that's why you remain a church man. Remove the fear factor and ALEXEO will be back to his vomit in a flash.

To Hell with Hell.......................

grin

3 Likes

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Shawl001(m): 11:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
†☺ those committed †☺ God...jes wanna remind you dat, #you can never convince a monkey †☺ stop eating banana..# so are those critics out here. D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥'ve been blinded by the god øƒ this world. They can't see nor ear...so aw will D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ reason...what a pity!

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by davien(m): 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
Shawl001:
†☺ those committed †☺ God...jes wanna remind you dat, #you can never convince a monkey †☺ stop eating banana..# so are those critics out here. D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥'ve been blinded by the god øƒ this world. They can't see nor ear...so aw will D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ reason...what a pity!
So you can reason with stories of a global flood,talking snakes and donkeys,magical fruits and a woman being spontaneously generated from a rib?! shocked

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 11:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
frosbel:

You fear HELL that's why you remain a church man.
grin

Keep calling any name that comes to your head until you are tired. You can't distract me with that.

Anyone who disagrees with your false teaching is a church man(whatever that means). .

Any biblical portion that disagrees with your falsehood is an error.

You are really in a pitiable state. I ve told you- fear cannot save you. Only jesus can save you.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Shawl001(m): 12:00am On Dec 19, 2014
davien:
So you can reason with stories of a global flood,talking snakes and donkeys,magical fruits and a woman being spontaneously generated from a rib?! shocked
. Oooppss! Does it hurt you. Sorry, didn't mean †☺. Just saying the truth..lol# the truth hUrts... #you can never convince a monkey †☺ stop eating banana#....
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 12:06am On Dec 19, 2014
Shawl001:

You are right bro.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 19, 2014
honourhim:

Keep calling any name that comes to your head until you are tired. You can't distract me with that.

Anyone who disagrees with your false teaching is a church man(whatever that means). .

Any biblical portion that disagrees with your falsehood is an error.

You are really in a pitiable state. I ve told you- fear cannot save you. Only jesus can save you.

I know it's you ALEXEO, your pattern of argument, very illogical and one track minded.

tongue
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 12:48am On Dec 19, 2014
frosbel:

I know it's you ALEXEO, your pattern of argument, very illogical and one track minded.

tongue

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by vooks: 3:33am On Dec 19, 2014
dorox,
So we are saying that all who reject Jesus just die and never rise to judgement their judgement being they remain non-existent/ dead?

Then we get into Judgement and suddenly men are immortal/incapable of death for a period of 1000 years. They can procreate but they will never die. During this judgement, some survive and earn eternity while the rest are cast into the lake of fire?
dorox:

Not everyone who has ever lived will be resurrected. Only those who have exercised faith in Christ and those who despite not knowing Christ had some redeeming qualities. People act like they are the offspring of satan e.g the pharisees of Jesus day will definitely not be resurrected.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Weah96: 4:55am On Dec 19, 2014
Advertico:
may be u need to study about Him for urself instead of the tons of wrong info u are being feed. Pick up a Bible and learn about God. Peace.

Have you read the Bible yourself?
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 19, 2014
Weah96:

Have you read the Bible yourself?
yes
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CANTICLES: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2014
honourhim:

Between you people and Jesus who is the liar here?-

Jesus described it as everlasting fire in Mathew 18:8
Mathew 25:41.

Matthew 3:12 desribes it as unquenchable fire.

Mark 3:29 jesus called it eternal damnation.

Mark 9:47 says hell fire.
Mark 9:48 says its a fire that cannot be qenched.
Luke 16:19-31- the story of Lazarus and the rich man.

Fear cannot save you from eternal damnation. Only Jesus can save you. Repent and embrace the truth. Stop deceiving yourself.

LIAR ! Remove the wool from ur eyes

Jesus never pronounce the word "hell" or .... He spoke Hebrew/ Aramaic !! He mention " Gehenna" /valley of hinnom/! A mass graveyard ( jer 7:32) , A geographical location dat exist till today in isreal, As a symbol of complete destruction !!!

Jude 7 says Sodom and Gomorah suffer " purnishment of everlastin fire" ! Which is complete destruction of those cities ! Luke 17:29 .
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by wiegraf: 10:46am On Dec 19, 2014
a lovely exhibition of sociopathy

1 Like

Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 10:49am On Dec 19, 2014
CANTICLES:

LIAR ! Remove the wool from ur eyes

Jesus never pronounce the word "hell" or .... He spoke Hebrew/ Aramaic !! He mention " Gehenna" /valley of hinnom/! A mass graveyard ( jer 7:32) , A geographical location dat exist till today in isreal, As a symbol of complete destruction !!!

Chei, see how falsehood thrives in your brain.

Was it only the word hell that you saw in my quote?

How about everlasting fire, unquenchable fire, eternal damnation etc?

Repent from your falsehood.
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 11:28am On Dec 19, 2014
honourhim:

Chei, see how falsehood thrives in your brain.
u dont need to abuse him !

Was it only the word hell that you saw in my quote?
u now know its very clear , the word "hell" was fabricated , stupid enuf dey say sheol is hell, hades is hell , gehenna is hell, tartarus is hell ! 4 diferent words as hell ! See that desperate attempt and GREAT FORGERY Sheo'l and hade's refer to " GRAVE" ECC 9:10, ACT 2:31

Gehenna .. Hebrew /valley of hinnom/ is a place where dead bodies are thrown ( jer 7:32)a geographical location in isreal !Christ used it to symbolize destruction .
... Everlastin death without any hope of a resurection !NOT a large scale practice of burning sons and daughters done by isrealites ( Jer 7:31) !God calls dat burnin act " destestable thing" jer 32:35 hop u know d meanin of "Detestable?

Tartarus ... A place of darkness where some angels are said to be till they will be destroyed and cutt off from life ! 2pet 2:4
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by CAPTIVATOR: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2014
honourhim:

How about everlasting fire, unquenchable fire, eternal damnation etc?

In matthew 25:41 ... Jesus said this everlastin fire is prepared for the Devil and its angels , ! In dis same discourse he mentions " goats " and " sheeps" matt 25: 32,33 ! The goat are symbolic , so also the sheep are symbolizing certain group of people !

The everlastin fire symbolize the destruction of Devil and its angel ! Literal fire cant harm a spirit creature dat has no body , and no material substance , no wonder the scripture says Devil walk in d " fire stones " Eze 14:33

An Angel also walk in d midst of fire set up by wicked king Nebuchadnezzar ! ..... An Angel spoke to moses in d midst of a burning bush.

Devil and his cohorts will be destroyed and cutt of from enjoyin the gift of life ! Jesus will bring Satan "to nothing" heb 2:14 !

In jude 7 ..... Complete destruction of sodom and gomorrah is also pictured as "everlastin fire" ! They are " reduced to ashes"
Re: What Shall It Profit God to Burn People In Hell? by honourhim: 12:57pm On Dec 19, 2014
CAPTIVATOR:
u dont need to abuse him !

u now know its very clear , the word "hell" was fabricated , stupid enuf dey say sheol is hell, hades is hell , gehenna is hell, tartarus is hell ! 4 diferent words as hell ! See that desperate attempt and GREAT FORGERY Sheo'l and hade's refer to " GRAVE" ECC 9:10, ACT 2:31

Gehenna .. Hebrew /valley of hinnom/ is a place where dead bodies are thrown ( jer 7:32)a geographical location in isreal !Christ used it to symbolize destruction .
... Everlastin death without any hope of a resurection !NOT a large scale practice of burning sons and daughters done by isrealites ( Jer 7:31) !God calls dat burnin act " destestable thing" jer 32:35 hop u know d meanin of "Detestable?

Tartarus ... A place of darkness where some angels are said to be till they will be destroyed and cutt off from life ! 2pet 2:4
CAPTIVATOR:

In matthew 25:41 ... Jesus said this everlastin fire is prepared for the Devil and its angels , ! In dis same discourse he mentions " goats " and " sheeps" matt 25: 32,33 ! The goat are symbolic , so also the sheep are symbolizing certain group of people !
The everlastin fire symbolize the destruction of Devil and its angel ! Literal fire cant harm a spirit creature dat has no body , and no material substance , no wonder the scripture says Devil walk in d " fire stones " Eze 14:33
An Angel also walk in d midst of fire set up by wicked king Nebuchadnezzar ! ..... An Angel spoke to moses in d midst of a burning bush.
Devil and his cohorts will be destroyed and cutt of from enjoyin the gift of life ! Jesus will bring Satan "to nothing" heb 2:14 !
In jude 7 ..... Complete destruction of sodom and gomorrah is also pictured as "everlastin fire" ! They are " reduced to ashes"

Your explanation is as useless as a dead rat. I don't see anything that calls for explanation on what those biblical verses said except that you need those explanations in order to sell your falsehood to. Cheap minds.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

11 PHOTOS: PRAYING And BOWING Down Before The Graven Image Of MARY Is A SIN! / RCCG Member: I Deliver N2.5m Ransom To My In-law’s Kidnappers / 10 Famous Christian Martyrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.