Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,383 members, 7,812,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) (48056 Views)

Miss Ghana And Miss Nigeria Outfits For Miss Universe Pageant (Photos) / Mosunmola Oladipo Wins Miss Virgin In Lagos 2015 / Frances Udukwu Wins Miss Nigeria-USA Pageant (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) by mmaichel: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2014
adanduka:

Nigeria came 82nd
that one na failure oh

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) by kwametut: 10:32am On Dec 15, 2014
BEAUTY!!!!!BEAUTY!!!!!!BEAUTY!!!!!!!!

Re: Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) by adamskutty(m): 10:37am On Dec 15, 2014
Kwame tut my burnt skin slave. grin

Here is areal southy boongrin

Re: Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) by ukemeramat(m): 11:49am On Dec 15, 2014
lalasticlala:
Our own representative at the Miss World 2014 Pageant, Iheoma Nnadi lost big time.

She couldn't make it to top 10 finalists.

This what u get when you force your way to the top...knowing full well that position is not yours. we all expected this to happen. this is not naija, its miss world baby..no be beans..this chick didn't even represent well at miss naija, i was surprised she was name the winner only to be disgraced when it matters most... embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2014
Aida13:
This is the reality for you. It's sad but true but no one takes light-skin African beauty queens seriously on the world stage (I'm not talking white ones, like from South Africa). But countries like Nigeria, if they want to go far in competitions shouldn't rely too much on light-skinned reps. Sorry, my opinion.
No need to be sorry about your opinion sis. It's not the first time I've heard something like that anyway. That's why you'll find average to ugly-looking dark girls who have been fed with this stereotype busy attending beauty contests. They'll tell you that they are beautiful yet in reality they are just dark (and to them this means they're beautiful....LOL!). They listen to many people with opinions like yours.
Africans do not come in one colour but you feel that one colour should represent us in the international stage so as to be taken "seriously"?
Whites on the other hand will have blondes, brunettes, red-haired, blue-eyed, grey-eyed, hazel-eyed, etc representing them......So they can be represented by their diverse looks but we can't?

Having said that, the Nigerian "beauty queen" was manly-looking, and it wouldn't help EVEN IF SHE WAS A VERY DARK VERSION OF HERSELF. She would still look like a man. When the facial features are striking, it wouldn't matter whether you are Bianca or Agbani (who are both extremely beautiful).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) by kandiikane(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Guys can you stop fighting? Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) by Aida13: 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2014

GoodGirl2:
No need to be sorry about your opinion sis. It's not the first time I've heard something like that anyway. That's why you'll find average to ugly-looking dark girls who have been fed with this stereotype busy attending beauty contests. They'll tell you that they are beautiful yet in reality they are just dark (and to them this means they're beautiful....LOL!). They listen to many people with opinions like yours.
Africans do not come in one colour but you feel that one colour should represent us in the international stage so as to be taken "seriously"?
Whites on the other hand will have blondes, brunettes, red-haired, blue-eyed, grey-eyed, hazel-eyed, etc representing them......So they can be represented by their diverse looks but we can't?

Having said that, the Nigerian "beauty queen" was manly-looking, and it wouldn't help EVEN IF SHE WAS A VERY DARK VERSION OF HERSELF. She would still look like a man. When the facial features are striking, it wouldn't matter whether you are Bianca or Agbani (who are both extremely beautiful).

If dark girls are made to feel better about themselves, after centuries of being told black is ugly, then relax and let them. Agbani and Oluchi are prime examples how "dark-skin" models go farther than others in our history. Naomi Campbell too. For too long it's been propagated that being fairer skinned is better. When African countries showcase darker queens, then they are representing the true percentage of Africans who are mostly black. And I take it back: I am NOT sorry.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lost Out As Miss South Africa Wins Miss World 2014 Pageant (Photos) by Precious91(m): 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2014
dre11:

cheesycheesy
Am sure I will have a fair hearing at the law courtgrin
Let's wait and see na. grin
dre11:

cheesycheesy
Am sure I will have a fair hearing at the law courtgrin
Let's wait and see na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerian Adults See Having A "Nice Haircut" As Being Rascally? / Skin Care Tips For An Oily Face / Man Takes A Swipe At Nigerian Ladies With "Fake" Hairs In A German Market. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.