Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,054 members, 7,956,941 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:15 PM

Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House (3887 Views)

My Visit To The EFCC Carpark (photos) - Ajayiwrites / Fake Picture Of GMB House At A Chapel / How Come Buhari(people's General) Could Afford Those Bullet Proof Jeeps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by tbaba1234: 10:23pm On Dec 14, 2014
Source: Tweet: @DrMaheyM

WHY I BELIEVE IN THE “PEOPLE’S GENERAL” - MY VISIT TO GMB's HOUSE

Recently, many friends have asked me why I love General Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) the way I do. First, as one of my uncles would say, even a sworn enemy of the General cannot dismiss his selfless and enviable virtues. Apart from that, I've had a personal experience that has consolidated my confidence in him.

Back in 2008, when I was working in General Hospital Daura, the home town of GMB, I expressed my interest to meet the General. I had read lots of stuff and listened to lots of people saying all sorts about him (negative and positive), so I wanted to meet him just so I could be able to separate truth from garbage.

A few years earlier, when I was a youth corps member serving in Minna, Niger State, we (corps members) made several attempts to pay a courtesy visit to IBB, but never once did we get passed the first gate of his “Hill-top” mansion. That was why I thought seeing General Buhari would not be easy for an average citizen like me with no connections.

It turned out that I was wrong! Very, very wrong! Seeing the General was a lot easier than I thought. In fact, it was easier than seeing some of my own friends. One evening, I received a phone call from one of the people close to him saying the General would see me that night if I was available, but I should make sure I wasn't on call.

I ran into my bedroom to find my finest “Kaftan” and before you could say “Jack Robinson”, I was all dressed up and I drove with fury to his house. It was a decent house, but I wouldn't count it among the best in looks or value even in his immediate neighbourhood, which was inhabited mostly by state and local government employees.

The two security men at the gate quickly let me in, saying they had been informed of my visit.

When I got into the house, the living room had at least six sofas and they were all occupied by guests, but the General was not in the room. There was a dining table in the far end of the room and a 21-inch TV set in the corner (I could swear the TV I had in my living room then was better than his – no joke. And I'm sure many of you reading this most likely have a TV better than his!)

One of the guests moved over to make room for me. I sat down and exchanged pleasantries with the people in the room.

A few moments later, the General came in and asked, “Where is the doctor?” with his usual charming smile.

I jumped up and almost threw my hand up for a military salute in awe of his charismatic stance. “I'm here, sir”, I answered.

His next words were, “I hope you’re not on call” as he continued to smile.

“No, I'm not on call today, sir.”

“Okay, good! Let’s find a seat.”

He looked around for a seat as none of the people in the room made any effort to offer him one. He finally spotted a small sofa in the corner of the room whose occupant stepped out of the room just before the General came in. He walked over to the sofa and sat. I followed him and sat on the carpet next to him.

We sat there and talked about lots of things. Details of the discussion deserve a separate article (that’s for another day), but what became clear to me in the conversation was that GMB is a humble and down-to-earth kind of person, who prioritises Nigeria and Nigerians over his personal life. If I were on-call that day, I was pretty sure he wouldn't have seen me that day; he would have asked me to go back to work and reschedule to see him later.

After about thirty minutes of interesting discussion, I decided to leave when I realised many other people had come in to see him. I was really humbled when he stood up to shake my hand and say good bye, and he then followed me to the door.

As I walked out of the house towards my car, a man rushed towards me and said, “Doctor, here is the General’s personal phone number in case you’d like to talk to him in the future.”

I was confused, so I replied, “Oh, no! I can’t possibly own the General’s number.” The man responded, “He asked me to give it to you and he wouldn't be pleased if I tell him you didn't take it.”

“Okay.” I took the numbers and saved them in my phone.

The man continued, “He also said I should inform you that his phones are usually answered by his personal assistants during the day, but your message will always get to him. If you’d prefer to talk to him directly, call him after 11 pm, at which time he usually collects all his phones back.”

To be honest, that moment was the most humbled I ever felt in my entire life. Needless to say my love and admiration for him sky-rocketed and I never looked back.

A few days later, I asked one of people I met in the General’s living room why none of them offered him a seat when he walked in, and he said, “Doc, you really need to learn more about General. He won’t take it. He always says ‘You’re my guest, please be comfortable first’.”

Now, this is the General I know; a humble, honest and genuine man who cares about others more than he cares about himself. Unfortunately, some people who are benefiting from the rot in Nigerian government are bent on making us believe otherwise.

Luckily, the majority of the society is beginning to realise the truth. For me, everything I read or hear about him that does not agree with the truth about him will be thrown right where it belongs, into the garbage bin!

I've since come to the realisation that we need GMB more than he needs us. Therefore, fellow well-meaning Nigerians, let’s stamp out corruption, let's shun ethnic and religious bigotry, let’s usher in a new dawn in our history, let’s vote for GMB.

Tweet: @DrMaheyM

57 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by Priceless24(f): 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2014
Wait, amadioha go like hear this one grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by femu(m): 10:49pm On Dec 14, 2014
wow
Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2014
Priceless24:
Wait, amadioha go like hear this one grin
and okun
Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by tit(f): 11:00pm On Dec 14, 2014
so we should vote him president because he gave you a seat?

10 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by A7(m): 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Buttocks:
I clicked on the OP's profile, and the text in bold was all I needed to confirm that this guy is just another Islamic terrorist like his almajiri Buhari.

If the bolded text in his profile is what qualifies one to be terrorist, I am proud to be one.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by blinkmoneyo(m): 11:46pm On Dec 14, 2014
this is a president material

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by gregg2: 11:50pm On Dec 14, 2014
[size=13pt]All APC people have turned liars in a failing attempt to rebrand Buhari[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by seunlayi(m): 12:36am On Dec 15, 2014
Lol. c mumu. Does the fact that I have personal exchanged handshake with Baba Obasanjo makes him a saint. Dr, stop thinking the way parasite think

13 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by Leebeedo(m): 12:37am On Dec 15, 2014
OP, he gave you a seat, fine. You think it's perfect if he soaks us in blood as well abi?

5 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by missdebs(f): 1:31am On Dec 15, 2014
i love dis humble man

3 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by donphilopus: 1:47am On Dec 15, 2014
Lord, if I hate this humble General, what reason would I give for hating him?! You surely have my vote sir!

4 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by damola1: 1:48am On Dec 15, 2014
tit:
so we should vote him president because he gave you a seat?

Absolutely not.

What the story rather portrays is a man willing to give, rather than take, even when he's nothing to gain.

Well, I don't know GMB, but I know APC, I know fashola, the fuckard seized one of my delivery dispatch bikes in his no << 200cc bike implementation in Lagos, but I forgive him, cos now. I am about to get a personal commute bicycle. I know if APC wins, Nigeria will change, cos, I see the roads man, I see the efficiency of a great part of the govt. in Lagos. I see improvement in the hospitals... In fact, I am a fan of lagos state on facebook, and everyday, I see new projects commission, EVERY freaking day!...

So, I won't vote. I will campaign man. I will do my own shirts and campaign, cos I am freaking tired of no electricity in 2015!... and I am tired of hearing stealing is not corruption and everyday, a new thief who is not corrupt on the pages of news paper.

And I think it's a shame our first lady cannot discipline herself to go to skool for just 6 months to brush up her english, even OBJ freaking went back to skool. Does she want to continue to rule over her village?.. . she's the no. 1 lady of the most populous black nation!... so, I don't want that sort of village thinking who is indirectly controlling this country!...

I prefer the 'thiefing' tactics of APC.. where they create a business that works and employ thousands of people... BRT works!.. so somebody must make the money, I don't care whether it's tinubu or fashola or dangote, of course, someone must make the money anyway, it's how a capitalist system works.. not some stupid shithead stealing the road money... and we hearing deaths... when last did you hear of a pot hole accident in lagos?

VOTE APC.. I have to say, it'll be tough to kick out the incumbent, but what's humanity without hope

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by tit(f): 1:55am On Dec 15, 2014
damola1:

Absolutely not.

What the story rather portrays is a man willing to give, rather than take, even when he's nothing to gain.

Well, I don't know GMB, but I know APC, I know fashola, the fuckard seized one of my delivery dispatch bikes in his no << 200cc bike implementation in Lagos, but I forgive him, cos now. I am about to get a personal commute bicycle. I know if APC wins, Nigeria will change, cos, I see the roads man, I see the efficiency of a great part of the govt. in Lagos. I see improvement in the hospitals... In fact, I am a fan of lagos state on facebook, and everyday, I see new projects commission, EVERY freaking day!...

So, I won't vote. I will campaign man. I will do my own shirts and campaign, cos I am freaking tired of no electricity in 2015!... and I am tired of hearing stealing is not corruption and everyday, a new thief who is not corrupt on the pages of news paper.

I prefer the 'thiefing' tactics of APC.. where they create a business that works and employ thousands of people... BRT works!.. so somebody must make the money, I don't care whether it's tinubu or fashola or dangote, of course, someone must make the money anyway, it's how a capitalist system works.. not some stupid shithead stealing the road money... and we hearing deaths... when last did you hear of a pot hole accident in lagos?

VOTE APC.. I have to say, it'll be tough to kick out the incumbent, but what's humanity without hope

is fashola on the ballot?
if fashola were so wonderful as you would have us believe,
why did your apc not put him on the ballot?
are they blind?
or did they consider something other than roads, electricity and okada in choosing their candidate?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by damola1: 2:02am On Dec 15, 2014
tit:

is fashola on the ballot?
if fashola were so wonderful as you would have us believe,
why did your apc not put him on the ballot?
are they blind?
or did they consider something other than roads, electricity and okada in choosing their candidate?

I understand and appreciate your comments.

In my view and opinion, politics is different from service delivery. And I will make a few examples: Fashola, could never in his life time have become a lagos Gov. if not because there's a politician like tinubu....cos, politics is a different ball game entirely...how do you think fayemi lost?.. cos yes, he sabi book, but NO, he no sabi people... Winning is Politics, and Politics is about understanding people, greedy people, good people, bad people, dangerous people, which is a pretty tough act to master.

So, I think this is what happened. This is why there's always a god father, cos, they know how to play the game, they've the political infrastructure to execute, and deliver the job.

Same way a politician cannot do the real job. Have you ever listened to Jonathan talk?... he's a politician from bone to bone.. compare to when you listen to fashola talk... go to youtube and listen, you'll probably better understand what I mean...

In my opinion, to get the JOB done, right now.. we need good , very outstanding politicians.. this is why I think 3years ago, Burahi of CPC sat down and realised this task cannot be done by myself a lone, and Tinubu of ACN did the same, and they came together.. and thought, this country can and should be better, what can we do together?.. and today, people like tinubu are about to deliver another master piece!.... They've brought the North, with the SW together, to see what we can do together... CPC tried that in 2011 with Pastor bakare, but bakare didn't have the political instrument to deliver the necessary votes.. but ACN does...

I don't expect ACN to field any SW VP.. cos, we are pretty sophisticated in the SW, and most of us will vote massively for APC.. as this is our party, even though it's not our party right now. I expect them to use an easterner who is pretty strong in the SE... very strong.. someone like ojukwu or something like that.. but then again, Tinubu is a Master player, whom I have absolute respect for, so I am sure they'll do fine.

And this is why I love politics.. the strategies and the games involved are so cool...

So, my sister, The rule of the thumb is always, first you've to win, then you do the job. a loser cannot get the job done. and thats why I think fashola can't make it to the polling boot yet.. maybe he can be a minister of works or something like that, or chief of staff, and in another 4years, GMB will resign, we you'll see him use ACN to attain greatness...

16 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by knightsTempler: 2:09am On Dec 15, 2014
Buhari enslaved the nation. He gloated and gloried in a master-slave relation to the millions of its inhabitants. It is astonishing to find that the same former slaves, now free of their chains, should clamour to be ruled by one who not only turned their nation into a slave plantation, but forbade them any discussion of their condition. - Wole Soyinka

3 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by knightsTempler: 2:12am On Dec 15, 2014
The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.

Buhari – need one remind anyone - was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry. - Wole Soyinka

7 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by tit(f): 2:12am On Dec 15, 2014
damola1:

I understand and appreciate your comments.

In my view and opinion, politics is different from service delivery. And I will make a few examples: Fashola, could never in his life time have become a lagos Gov. if not because there's a politician like tinubu....cos, politics is a different ball game entirely...how do you think fayemi lost?.. cos yes, he sabi book, but NO, he no sabi people... Politics, and understand people, greedy people, good people, bad people, dangerous people is a tough act to master.

So, I think this is what happened. This is why there's always a god father, cos, they know how to play the game, they've the political infrastructure to execute, and deliver the job.

Same way a politician cannot do the real job. Have you ever listened to Jonathan talk?... he's a politician from bone to bone.. compare to when you listen to fashola talk... go to youtube and listen, you'll probably better understand what I mean...

In my opinion, to get the JOB done, right now.. we need good , very outstanding politicians.. this is why I think 3years ago, Burahi of CPC sat down and realised this task cannot be done by myself a lone, and Tinubu of ACN did the same, and they came together.. and thought, this country can and should be better, what can we do together?.. and today, people like tinubu and delivering another master piece!.... They've brought the North, with the SW together, to see what we can do together... CPC tried that in 2011 with Pastor bakare, but bakare didn't have the political instrument to deliver the necessary votes.. but ACN does...

I don't expect ACN to field any SW VP.. cos, we are pretty sophisticated in the SW, and most of us will vote massively for APC.. as this is our party, even though it's not our party right now. I expect them to use an easterner who is pretty strong in the SE... very strong.. someone like ojukwu or something like that.. but then again, Tinubu is a Master player, whom I have absolute respect for, so I am sure they'll do fine.

And this is why I love politics.. the strategies and the games involved are so cool...

So, my sister, The rule of the thumb is always, first you've to win, then you do the job. a loser cannot get the job done. and thats why I think fashola can't make it to the polling boot yet.. maybe he can be a minister of works or something like that, or chief of staff, and in another 4years, GMB will reside, we you'll see him use ACN to attain greatness...

shocked

is this in response to why APC chose the clueless Buhari over the miracle working Fashola?

4 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by damola1: 2:17am On Dec 15, 2014
tit:

shocked
is this in response to why APC chose the clueless Buhari over the miracle working Fashola?

Yes my sister, I might be wrong, but in my opinion, I think yes.. Buhari is freaking popular in the North.. in fact, any abokki okada rider 8 out of 10 times always have a buhari sticker, and like it or not...the north still maintain the largest population in this country...

Fashola take it or leave it, is a nobody...outside of lagos, he's a nobody...even in Lagos... without ACN, he's a nobody... he's a great technocrat...but politically, he's a nobody...even his god father , tinubu will lose 101%... cos, he's not a northerner..

so, rule of thumb, politics first, service next. Hope you understand my perspective. thank you.

But one thing is sure, a vote for GMB is a Vote for APC, and it's a vote for the framework of technocrats that exist in APC, a hope of a better tomorrow.

PDP has too many hooligans and criminals.. and unfortunately, they are not even smart criminals... I mean, when you steal, you should hire the best yahoo boys so there won't be a trace, but they steal, and all the newpaper still make a mess of them.. I am ashamed of their poor stealing tactics!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by tit(f): 2:24am On Dec 15, 2014
damola1:

Yes my sister, I might be wrong, but in my opinion, I think yes.. Buhari is freaking popular in the North.. in fact, any abokki okada rider 8 out of 10 times always have a buhari sticker, and like it or not...the north still maintain the largest population in this country...

Fashola take it or leave it, is a nobody...outside of lagos, he's a nobody...even in Lagos... without ACN, he's a nobody... he's a great technocrat...but politically, he's a nobody...

so, rule of thumb, politics first, service next. Hope you understand my perspective. thank you.

so what good will you be doing by electing buhari, who will stabilize the price of crude oil with army, navy and air force?
suppose he does not appoint fashola to any office?
do you think the katsina mafia, whom buhari will bring to abuja with him, will stand aside and let fashola be the wunder-boy?
if buhari wins, (alhamdullahi, god forbid), tinubu and fashola will be the first casualties of the power play that will go down in aso rock.
infact, tinubu may not even get an invite from eagle square to aso rock.
use your coco-nut.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by damola1: 2:30am On Dec 15, 2014
tit:

so what good will you be doing by electing buhari, who will stabilize the price of crude oil with army, navy and air force?
suppose he does not appoint fashola to any office?
do you think the katsina mafia, whom buhari will bring to abuja with him, will stand aside and let fashola be the wunder-boy?
if buhari wins, (alhamdullahi, god forbid), tinubu and fashola will be the first casualties of the power play that will go down in aso rock.
infact, tinubu may not even get an invite from eagle square to aso rock.
use your coco-nut.

My sister, you need a pick up a PDP or APC membership card o!.. join them, and understand them better!

See... The greatest thing people don't realize about people like tinubu is that, he owns the framework...thats why people like fashola are still is boy boy... and he can choose an ambode over them.

See. Let APC get in first. You'll see what will happen, and frankly, I have listened to Buhari, and I am impressed!... I have listened to Jonathan, several times, and I am ashamed!...

I will trust a Buhari, Sanusi lamido, and all those other northerners with our economy better than what we currently have...

Price of cruide oil is going to continue to go down... We need a visionary leader now... a game changer, someone who never gives up, someone who has failed in 3 elections and still believes he can do it... my sister, listen to these guys, and see what they say, have faith, have hope, and believe....

Do you want to hear the truth?.. In my opinion, I don't think Our current president has the capacity to manage this country to the next phase.

Have you been in a class with a olodo before? (please note, our president a master politician and NOT an olodo, in fact, an exceptional one too, one that can delete godfathers like OBJ, which over 95% of politicians can't achieve) .. what they don't know, they scatter and play politics over.. You really need to listen to fashola, GMB and the likes... then, you'll at least have hope , that maybe one day our kids won't be pulling generator..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by GBTYO: 2:51am On Dec 15, 2014
[size=18pt]Too many details without any real content makes this a fabricated tale.[/size]

Anytime you hear some person on the TV being interviewed by the news about a news worthy incidence he or she witnessed, if they dabble into too many unnecessary details then chances are they are lying.

This is one of them.

I can pick holes in this write up that will make the OP delete the original post and run away from NL for life.

For example:

1. The author wanted to meet IBB but could not secure a meeting because security will not give him access.
(Comparing Buhari to a past Military head of state)

2. The author then decides to give Buhari a try and is met by 2 security guards who quickly usher him into Buhari's house.
Buhari as a former head of state and retired general is guarded 24/7 by Military units. I happen to have been around Otta farm during Abacha regime before OBJ was incarcerated, there were soldiers manning the gates.

3. Details surronding his/her meeting with the General are not disclosed whether personal or business related. This is to give the air of openness to meet any straggler that knocks at his gate. Only Fela had this disposition not Buhari.

Keep churning all this gibberish nonsense. Why wasn't this new twist of an open arms general not used in the last election.

rubbish

4 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 15, 2014
tbaba1234:
Source: Tweet: @DrMaheyM

WHY I BELIEVE IN THE “PEOPLE’S GENERAL” - MY VISIT TO GMB's HOUSE

Recently, many friends have asked me why I love General Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) the way I do. First, as one of my uncles would say, even a sworn enemy of the General cannot dismiss his selfless and enviable virtues. Apart from that, I've had a personal experience that has consolidated my confidence in him.

Back in 2008, when I was working in General Hospital Daura, the home town of GMB, I expressed my interest to meet the General. I had read lots of stuff and listened to lots of people saying all sorts about him (negative and positive), so I wanted to meet him just so I could be able to separate truth from garbage.

A few years earlier, when I was a youth corps member serving in Minna, Niger State, we (corps members) made several attempts to pay a courtesy visit to IBB, but never once did we get passed the first gate of his “Hill-top” mansion. That was why I thought seeing General Buhari would not be easy for an average citizen like me with no connections.

It turned out that I was wrong! Very, very wrong! Seeing the General was a lot easier than I thought. In fact, it was easier than seeing some of my own friends. One evening, I received a phone call from one of the people close to him saying the General would see me that night if I was available, but I should make sure I wasn't on call.

I ran into my bedroom to find my finest “Kaftan” and before you could say “Jack Robinson”, I was all dressed up and I drove with fury to his house. It was a decent house, but I wouldn't count it among the best in looks or value even in his immediate neighbourhood, which was inhabited mostly by state and local government employees.

The two security men at the gate quickly let me in, saying they had been informed of my visit.

When I got into the house, the living room had at least six sofas and they were all occupied by guests, but the General was not in the room. There was a dining table in the far end of the room and a 21-inch TV set in the corner (I could swear the TV I had in my living room then was better than his – no joke. And I'm sure many of you reading this most likely have a TV better than his!)

One of the guests moved over to make room for me. I sat down and exchanged pleasantries with the people in the room.

A few moments later, the General came in and asked, “Where is the doctor?” with his usual charming smile.

I jumped up and almost threw my hand up for a military salute in awe of his charismatic stance. “I'm here, sir”, I answered.

His next words were, “I hope you’re not on call” as he continued to smile.

“No, I'm not on call today, sir.”

“Okay, good! Let’s find a seat.”

He looked around for a seat as none of the people in the room made any effort to offer him one. He finally spotted a small sofa in the corner of the room whose occupant stepped out of the room just before the General came in. He walked over to the sofa and sat. I followed him and sat on the carpet next to him.

We sat there and talked about lots of things. Details of the discussion deserve a separate article (that’s for another day), but what became clear to me in the conversation was that GMB is a humble and down-to-earth kind of person, who prioritises Nigeria and Nigerians over his personal life. If I were on-call that day, I was pretty sure he wouldn't have seen me that day; he would have asked me to go back to work and reschedule to see him later.

After about thirty minutes of interesting discussion, I decided to leave when I realised many other people had come in to see him. I was really humbled when he stood up to shake my hand and say good bye, and he then followed me to the door.

As I walked out of the house towards my car, a man rushed towards me and said, “Doctor, here is the General’s personal phone number in case you’d like to talk to him in the future.”

I was confused, so I replied, “Oh, no! I can’t possibly own the General’s number.” The man responded, “He asked me to give it to you and he wouldn't be pleased if I tell him you didn't take it.”

“Okay.” I took the numbers and saved them in my phone.

The man continued, “He also said I should inform you that his phones are usually answered by his personal assistants during the day, but your message will always get to him. If you’d prefer to talk to him directly, call him after 11 pm, at which time he usually collects all his phones back.”

To be honest, that moment was the most humbled I ever felt in my entire life. Needless to say my love and admiration for him sky-rocketed and I never looked back.

A few days later, I asked one of people I met in the General’s living room why none of them offered him a seat when he walked in, and he said, “Doc, you really need to learn more about General. He won’t take it. He always says ‘You’re my guest, please be comfortable first’.”

Now, this is the General I know; a humble, honest and genuine man who cares about others more than he cares about himself. Unfortunately, some people who are benefiting from the rot in Nigerian government are bent on making us believe otherwise.

Luckily, the majority of the society is beginning to realise the truth. For me, everything I read or hear about him that does not agree with the truth about him will be thrown right where it belongs, into the garbage bin!

I've since come to the realisation that we need GMB more than he needs us. Therefore, fellow well-meaning Nigerians, let’s stamp out corruption, let's shun ethnic and religious bigotry, let’s usher in a new dawn in our history, let’s vote for GMB.

Tweet: @DrMaheyM

You spent 30 minutes with the man and u feel you know him so well.... Wow... And you're a doctor? U should know better... If I were to tell u that I met obj once at Otta.... He cooked his own meal and sat down to drink garri, offered me food from his plate... Pleased to say it was one very tasty beans like that... But that doesn't mean he is the best of characters... Please Mr. U shouldn't be so sentimental because u met him ... U won't b the only one he has done it to... And that doesn't make him a saint.....
The plan to make Nigeria an Islamic state is on going and the people at the fore front looking to expel Christians would be d people you all are jostling to put in power.... There are better candidates than buhari.... At 74, what value can he add? Has he not gone senile? Jonathan got there with his hair all dark... A few years in, he's almost white all over, buhari wants to go there all white, he'll drop dead before he knows it.... Why can't we just put an active agile man or woman in as d president... Why do we have to recycle the leaders??

They are all crops from the same field.... Abacha, obj, buhari, et al....
GEJ is still a better option compared to the 74 year old man... He may not be the best, but he's the better of the candidates at d moment....

He alone cannot make d country .... It takes the whole 180 million.... BH was borne out of Islamist extremism .... And you are there saying it is better putting a man with extremist views in power:? Hell no! If we do, Nigeria will never recover...

8 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by GBTYO: 3:21am On Dec 15, 2014
A7:

If the bolded text in his profile is what qualifies one to be terrorist, I am proud to be one.

You guys, your prophet and your religion are all terrorists
Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by azimibraun: 3:37am On Dec 15, 2014
Stick to the script people... somebody just did what a lot of us Nigerians have failed to do and here we are displaying our ignorance further. How many of us have made the leas4 effort in trying g to know our leaders personally and draw our conclusions on them from our personal experience of them? The answer am sure is " no time & who cares" now someone has created time and had cared, a civilised individual and all I see is ignorant & uncivilized morons cursing the op. If you are truly educated and religious and it shows, you will cry for this country every second of your existence. A country with so much deranged and derailed youths. No brain youths are more in our population and a large % are found on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by GBTYO: 3:42am On Dec 15, 2014
azimibraun:
A country with so much deranged and derailed youths. no brain youths are more in our population and a large % are found on nairaland.

That is why this pathetic attempt at rebranding will work on the litter of osogbo dunces that loiter this site with their stupid1ty

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by azimibraun: 4:03am On Dec 15, 2014
A Nigerian lady was asking youths in Atlanta Georgia what they liked about the city (Atlanta) she was actually asking party loving youths this question... she got answers like Atlanta is the bomb, Atlanta is the ish... Atlanta is fly....Atlanta rocks etc and she joined them in screeming excitedly but something was to happen to her.. the most party looking lady who clearly was ddancing in front of the cameras was asked what she liked set the ATL and she started by saying Atlanta hs got a n enlightened hip hop community of youngmen & women, Atlanta hs got good educational system, Atlanta hs got a politically enlightened population etc and the Nigerian lady just stood there watching cluelessly. Her surprise ws that why would a party babe talk education and politics as her reason for liking a city... that is thesame way a lot of clueless Nigerian youths are amazed at you when you make sense. Because the belief now is that an average naija youth is just young and foolish. Try making sense on nairaland & see the insults that will follow instead of a superior argument. The op made sense, see what the doctor got in return.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by tit(f): 4:10am On Dec 15, 2014
azimibraun:
A Nigerian lady was asking youths in Atlanta Georgia what they liked about the city (Atlanta) she was actually asking party loving youths this question... she got answers like Atlanta is the bomb, Atlanta is the ish... Atlanta is fly....Atlanta rocks etc and she joined them in screeming excitedly but something was to happen to her.. the most party looking lady who clearly was ddancing in front of the cameras was asked what she liked set the ATL and she started by saying Atlanta hs got a n enlightened hip hop community of youngmen & women, Atlanta hs got good educational system, Atlanta hs got a politically enlightened population etc and the Nigerian lady just stood there watching cluelessly. Her surprise ws that why would a party babe talk education and politics as her reason for liking a city... that is thesame way a lot of clueless Nigerian youths are amazed at you when you make sense. Because the belief now is that an average naija youth is just young and foolish. Try making sense on nairaland & see the insults that will follow instead of a superior argument. The op made sense, see what the doctor got in return.

who can understand this?
cheesy tongue embarassed
Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by azimibraun: 4:29am On Dec 15, 2014
^^^ Just exactly my thought.. if I had insulted the op, buhari, Muslims, Christian or gej you will be quick to understand my post. Typical naija youth like you. Always quick to condemn what they are clueless about.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by tit(f): 4:35am On Dec 15, 2014
azimibraun:
^^^ Just exactly my thought.. if I had insulted the op, buhari, Muslims, Christian or gej you will be quick to understand my post. Typical naija youth like you. Always quick to condemn what they are clueless about.

make una come oooo!
abeg, where i insult this lady?
i simply talk say i no understand am.
all the atlanta this, atlanta that, you talk no sabi me.

ee be like say you too vex.
take am easy and please, explain wetin you mean to market people like we.
thank you, ma.

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe In The “people’s General” - My Visit To Gmb's House by azimibraun: 4:38am On Dec 15, 2014
^^^ A simple anology to drive home a point has thrown you offbalance.... chai! It's most unfortunate sha. Asking "who can understand this " in your usual sarcastic manner to attract your likes on nairaland to condenm... sorry fella. Try harder next time. Am too smart to be rubbished by people who don't read deep. And my post is not even a deep one for that matter o! Anyway have a great Monday morning sir.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abians Dump Otti, Calls Him A Stranger / GEJ Gave Away Rivers Oil Wells Because I Supported Buhari A Muslim - Ameachi / EL-RUFAI NEW LAWS : In Kaduna You Cannot Preach Without License.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.