Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria (33267 Views)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates / Jobs That Will Make You Appreciate Your Job (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by EBUBS(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2014
,TAILORING: because so many people prefers buying already made cloths imported from abroad.
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by rennylaw(m): 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
HighIQ:
Have you heard of the word 'going...going...gone!' .The following Jobs may soon come to a complete halt in Nigeria. Just the same way many wildlifes are disappearing from our forests. Here are some of those job that are seriously endangered of extinction. Only time will tell.

1)POST MAILING- Nowadays, people now prefer to send their letters via social media rather than going to the post office. The post office was once known for her overcrowding but that's not the case again nowadays.

2) CASHIER- Machines can easily replace most services rendered by cashiers in banks and other places. Only Human preference and level of illiteracy is holding this back. This will surely be overcame with time.

3) CIVIL ENGINEERING- You know why? The government of our country now prefers to award road/railway/construction contract to foreigners mostly from China and Korea, rather than giving this to engineers in Nigeria. Very soon many Nigerians who studied this course may find it difficult to express their knowledge and ability in this field.

4) JOURNALISM (Newspapers)- Who are those that buy newspapers.? They are mostly old people who as little or no knowledge of the internet. The youths of nowadays simply prefers to view news and happenings on bloggers sites and other websites.

5)FINE ART (Drawing)- there are some newly developed app for phones/computer that can sketch, design,paint and bring out great artwork. They can change human pics to pencil or cartoon type. This can easily be enlarge and printed out which really save time and money.

6)PHOTOGRAPHY- Since the emergence of camera phones,many photographers now complains that people now prefers to snap pictures with their phones rather coming to them.

7)WRIST- WATCH REPAIRING- Many people nowadays, don't consider going to repair their wrist watches when they got spoilt due to the presence of time on their phones. So if you don't want to die of hunger, better don't risk learning this trade.

VIII) CALL CENTERS: Almost all Nigerians now owns a GSM. Besides. Many telecommunication network service now offers calling rates at cheaper price. With this, i don't see any reason going to call at a call centre.

9)CYBER CAFE/BUSINESS CENTRES: Just like GSM. Very soon many Nigerians would soon be a proud owner of their own computers laptops, and printers. When this happens so many of them would prefer to carry out their transaction online in their homes than to go to a Cafe.

10)OKADA BUSINESS- In state like Lagos, riding motorcycles had been barred in many of their highways. There is still high tendency that other states may still regulate this rule.

11)SECURITY GUARDS- There are various machines and robots that can equally perform this Job. But human preference and the high capital involve is still holding this back.

12) FARMING- Many youths in Nigeria are now running away from farming. They now prefers white collar job. I hope one day,we won't be employing labourers from countries like Togo,mozambique and Niger republic to come and work in our farms for us.

These assumptions of your are quite erroneous Bros.
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by InvertedHammer: 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
Tumbling oil could take thousands of jobs with it

NEW YORK (CNNMoney)

The oil price crash could take thousands of good-paying jobs with it in America and around the world.

Bad news already started to flow this week: Halliburton (HAL) affirmed that it plans to cut 1,000 positions due to the depressed oil market, and BP (BP) announced an unspecified number of layoffs as part of a $1 billion restructuring plan.

More cuts are almost certainly on their way.

//

If you work for oil companies in Nigeria, brace up. The only thing constant is change. Companies have to protect their bottomlines.
Your jobs may disappear soon if the slide in crude price persists.

\\
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by jammyunn(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
hyfr:
and now do u feel what the person said was wrong or right? I love computer science and chem eng
I feel he's both right and wrong depending on how one sees it.
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Maj196(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2014
oga abeg comot civil engineering 4rm dat list b4 I give u one hot slap! seems u don't know abt it @all so don't just blab rubbish 4 us here.
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Cutest9gerian(m): 4:40pm On Dec 15, 2014
Artist don suffer ni
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by noblejayrex(m): 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nice 2 be here, to d post above, I belief d author is so naïve about d extinction tendency of diz jobs. Lemme just tel u dat post ofis is nt only dealing wif letter mailing alone, if nt bcoz u don't knw anyfin abt importation, personally, I do collect most of my goods via post office, and many more, come to post offices in Ibadan, most esp. D 1 in Dugbe, then u will be sorry 4 ur naivety...
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Themandator: 5:01pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mrwhalex:
Oga, pastor Adeyemi said so so many years back especially to mechanics. But we still have mechanics everywhere in fact with a strong and enormous union. Abi she na where person dey buy 1.5m wrist watch na him watch repairer no go come chop? If you decide not to use a wrist watch cos you a blackberry passport/iphone whatever, is your wahala which translates to nobodies.
Have you ever followed the voice prompt whenever you call any customer care agent? I know you'll rather press 0 to speak with an agent.
Don't just come here to bambooze us with copy and paste articles without thinking.
God bless.

He probably thinks of wrist watch in terms what those Hausa guys carry around...He cant imagine people investing hundreds of thousands a a timepiece that makes a statement about your person
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by ajebuter(f): 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Sometimes I just wish to give nairaland writers hot slaps.

You will just sit in beer parlour and think of something or idea amd then try to feed us your own personal bullshit

Who says these profession are gonna be extict? You?

Rubbish!
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Tomytomy3: 5:27pm On Dec 15, 2014
rozayx5:
13.APC- egoats : once their serial looser General looses again, they will all go into extinction as the General will be tool old to contest in 2019 cool cool
1 million likes
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by isaco(m): 6:11pm On Dec 15, 2014
I disagree with all u listed.
1. Post mailing: can u post parcel or goods tru social media.
2. Civil Engineering: do u kno how many construction company we hv in Nigeria wher our civil engineers can work . Even in ur so called oyinbo company, our engineers wrk with them
too
3. Watch repairer: u may be right but this depend on how d repairer package himself, d repairer can sell watch of diff categories n still repair for ppl. Don't forget some watches are expensive, if spoiled u can't throw them away
4. Journalism: this profession is more than what we read on social media everyday. Get info, process d info before publishing unlike copy n paste bloggers
5.Cashier: even if we practise cashless method, human are still important.

Am tire ppl can help me with d rest
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Abee79(m): 7:12pm On Dec 15, 2014
OP, I disagree with you on Fine Arts. Technology can never beat or substitute the sponteneity of original artistic creativity. Besides, without innate skills, your use of artistic apps and softwares will be limited. Artistic genius must find expression one way or the other, regardless of technological advancement!
-By the way, I think I read a similar article somewhere (and their list made more sense)
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by hyfr(m): 8:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
jammyunn:
I feel he's both right and wrong depending on how one sees it.
give me your number let's talk on whatsapp pls or you can contact me through 08094114889 or 2a0b3112
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by majorfarms(m): 9:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
Farming can never go extinct. Not in this life nor in the life to come. angry
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by jammyunn(m): 10:20pm On Dec 15, 2014
hyfr:
give me your number let's talk on whatsapp pls or you can contact me through 08094114889 or 2a0b3112
ive added you om bbm
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by Mrwhalex(m): 11:24am On Dec 16, 2014
DesChyko:

You know, you really should make up your mind.
First, you attack the OP like you have a family feud with his', back in the village. Then you end such vile accusations wiht 'God bless'??
Very ironic.
I think the OP should be greatly commended for such creativity in printing this topic online, not this tongue-lash of yours. It is uncalled for and undeserved in absolutely everyramifications.
We shouldn't get derailed with creativity that tends to dash hopes
Re: TOP 12 Jobs That Would Soon Go On Extinction In Nigeria by EmmyDe25(m): 11:26am On Dec 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

I presume this^^ was written out of ignorance.
Journalism encompasses more than writing for a newspaper.
So, I don't know what you're saying.

What would go extinct is "Journalism" as a course of study not profession. smiley

Exactly my thought.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? / 6 Secrets Your Boss Doesn’t Want You To Know / Chikezie Emmanuel Uzuegbunam Makes 100 Brightest Young Minds In Africa 2017 List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.