Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

My Thoughts And Questions About Religion - Religion (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion (230727 Views)

Questions About Religion For The Deep Thinker / Why Are Atheists Always Talking About Religion / Questions About Demon Possession - Nairaland Demonology Experts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by rawgame(m): 5:29pm On Apr 28, 2016
holamiday:
grin Comments like this make you appear weak & helpless. Telling us your precious faith in God is still intact after going through the thread, makes me feel the opposite is actually the case grin

Tell us what we don't know, address the many valid questions & assertions the op has asked or made or remain silent & leave.

Well, i'm not an atheist, but i don't run away from valid questions about God, either.
if a man is weary of running with men on foot, can he race with men on horses?

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by urahara(m): 12:43pm On Apr 29, 2016
Joseph 1013 awesome thread . u ve got awesome wits . keep up the good work .
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2016
ValentineMary:
Nice work here bro really love ur work and logic.
Thanks bro. Appreciate the kind words.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
urahara:
Joseph 1013 awesome thread . u ve got awesome wits . keep up the good work .

This will last the weekend. Thanks wink
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 1:08pm On Apr 29, 2016
THE BIBLE: INSPIRATION OR FABRICATION?

The Bible was probably written between 1,000 BCE and 100 CE. Christians say that it is the inspired word of God.

However, I ask myself: Is there anything in that book that could not possibly have been written by ordinary men of that era?

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 29, 2016
Bro Joseph, I Admire The Work You Are Doing 'ere, You Have The Wits And You Have Inspired Me To Also Be An Insatiable And Avid Reader Like You Are. I Have Started Somewhere, Check My Profile Sir> Go To Topics> Click Religion101 Blah Blah> Comment On Those Questions And You May Post Yours,
I Want To Have You On The Thread Thanks

www.nairaland.com/3065215/religion-101-come-
here-lets

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:58am On May 01, 2016
[b]EIGHT REASONS WHY CHRISTIANITY IS FALSE

There is very little that we can prove in this world. However, we can look for evidence to support claims people make and, when there is sufficient supporting evidence and no contrary evidence, we can conclude a claim is probably true.

However, it is easier to prove something is false--all you need is contradictory evidence. Here are my eight reasons why Christianity is false. There is abundant evidence to support each reason. I don't have space here to give the evidence but if you are not aware of it, I can provide it.

1. There is clear evidence that prayer does not work despite the Bible promising prayers will be answered.

2. There is clear evidence that humans invent gods and there is no reason to believe the Jewish god is an exception.

3. There is clear evidence that religions and gods are propagated through culture by infecting children, and no evidence that they are propagated by gods.

4. There is clear evidence that religions evolve as human understanding of the world changes whilst a real, God-given religion, should never need to change.

5. There is clear evidence that humans on this planet have unequal access to Christianity so, if Christianity is true, billions would be condemned to hell for no fault of there own. This contradicts the Christian notion that God is omni-benevolent.

6. There is clear evidence that the Bible, supposedly inspired by God, is riddled with the type of errors that we would expect from Iron Age men but not from the creator of the universe.

7. Christian theology is incoherent to the point of absurdity. God killing his son so he can forgive our future sin is like a man breaking his son's legs so he can forgive his neighbour in case she ever parks her car in front of his gate. It is quite ridiculous.

8. There is clear evidence that the arguments presented for the existence of God are founded on logical fallacies--all of them. All that is left for Christians is faith and their feelings. We know that faith and feelings can be used to believe in any god at all--including non-existent gods. So faith and feelings are epistemologically worthless. And that is all Christians have.

I rest my case.[/b]

7 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 3:00pm On May 01, 2016
[b]WHEN BASHING PASTOR MBORO IS HYPOCRITICAL

Some weeks ago, one South African pastor, pastor Mboro, claimed he went to heaven and snapped some pictures with his phone. Everybody laughed at him. Religious and irreligious people all laughed and mocked his stupidity.

What I found funny wasn't the story, but the irony of the whole situation. The story of traveling to heaven to snap pictures might sound ridiculous, but no more so the story of a virgin impregnated by a spirit or the story of talking snakes and donkeys.

The biblical Prophet Isaiah claimed he was teleported to heaven where he saw God and other heavenly beings. He didn't even bother to provide any pictorial evidence, yet you believed. Moses made a similar claim. A lot of stories, much more weird and ridiculous than what the S.A pastor claimed, are in the Bible, yet you believed them.

And you think you are wiser than Pastor Mboro's followers? Today is Sunday, many would be inundated with false, incredulous stories by their pastors. Kettle calling pot black.

Honestly, it's easier to believe the crazy man's story than the biblical stories. If not that his phone was incidentally stolen, he could have shown us some "heavenly selfies" as evidence.

Damn those thieves!!!
[/b]

6 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by urahara(m): 3:34pm On May 01, 2016
joseph1013:
[b]WHEN BASHING PASTOR MBORO IS HYPOCRITICAL

Some weeks ago, one South African pastor, pastor Mboro, claimed he went to heaven and snapped some pictures with his phone. Everybody laughed at him. Religious and irreligious people all laughed and mocked his stupidity.

What I found funny wasn't the story, but the irony of the whole situation. The story of traveling to heaven to snap pictures might sound ridiculous, but no more so the story of a virgin impregnated by a spirit or the story of talking snakes and donkeys.

The biblical Prophet Isaiah claimed he was teleported to heaven where he saw God and other heavenly beings. He didn't even bother to provide any pictorial evidence, yet you believed. Moses made a similar claim. A lot of stories, much more weird and ridiculous than what the S.A pastor claimed, are in the Bible, yet you believed them.

And you think you are wiser than Pastor Mboro's followers? Today is Sunday, many would be inundated with false, incredulous stories by their pastors. Kettle calling pot black.

Honestly, it's easier to believe the crazy man's story than the biblical stories. If not that his phone was incidentally stolen, he could have shown us some "heavenly selfies" as evidence.

Damn those thieves!!!
[/b]

Joseph 1013 u are 2 much.

cool coolrespect

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 7:57pm On May 03, 2016
QUORA QUESTION
How would you redesign the human reproductive system if given the opportunity?

ANSWER FROM Kob Svenson

We got a really badly designed repro system compared to most animals, so it would be a pleasure to give it a long-overdue upgrade. Here are my top ten design priorities:

- Delay fertility for both sexes until the brain is fully mature; e.g., 24.

- As Dr. Heguy said, let's make it so that it requires an act of volition on both sides before conception can occur.

- While we're at it, as Andrea Digney suggested, let's make forcing an unaroused and unwilling female physically impossible. Vaginismus, or something like it, should be the default condition unless she is conscious and aroused. It should work physiologically so that can she only respond to the arousing stimuli and unclench the muscles -- or whatever it is that unlocks and opens the door -- if she is conscious and not fearful.

- As Barbie Giri suggested, get rid of the hemochorial placenta and eliminate menstruation. Give humans back the same placental system most mammals have. The one we've got is the result of a vicious conflict of interest between mothers, fetuses, and fathers in which no one wins and women lose badly. [Read this: Suzanne Sadedin's answer to What is the evolutionary benefit or purpose of having periods?]

- The long male organ is not a great design. It uses some really tricky biochmistry and hydraulics to fill a balloon with blood to create a rigid member. As a result, it's notoriously unreliable. It frequently activates when it isn't needed or wanted, and fails precisely when it's needed and wanted the most. So let's start by putting a bone in the penis, using voluntary muscle contractions to cause erections, and rewiring the whole male arousal system to be more conservative on both activation and deactivation.

- External testicles? WHY? Eggs manage just fine at core body temp, sperm could be re-engineered to do the same.

- Get rid of the refractory period. Why should sex have to stop if the guy comes first?

- While we're at it, let's make it easier to separate orgasms from ejaculation. Guys should be able to have multiple orgasms too!

- FFS, relocate the clitoris (or its equivalent) where it will always get stimulated during "normal" sex!

- Finally, and most important, relocate the vaginal canal to an opening above the pubic bone. Putting the vaginal opening just an inch from the anus is DUMB. And forcing a big-headed baby through a small, hard hole in the pelvis is a crazy way to design a system. It requires a woman's hip ligaments to loosen well in advance of childbirth -- SO much fun when you're already maximally awkward! Then it forces the baby to twist and turn just right as it is squeezed through the birth canal. This makes childbirth agonizing for women (unlike nearly all mammals). And it kills many women and babies!

I sometimes think that creationists all secretly believe that God is either a slowpoke or a misanthrope. No one with any intelligence would design a system this screwed up unless He really hated humans!

(Just like He obviously hated hyenas, who are as screwed up as we are.)

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:34am On May 07, 2016
[b]IF GOD WAS REAL, ATHEISTS WOULD NEED APOLOGISTS

If God was real, we wouldn't need apologists to explain why it is so difficult to find God or why a loving God planned so much pain and suffering for us. We wouldn't need apologists to explain why different people see God so differently and scripture would not need hermeneutics to make sense.

If God was real, it would be SO OBVIOUS that biologists would need apologists to explain why all the evidence points to creation; atheists would need apologists to explain why the godly enjoy long lives and abundant benefits whilst non-believers get nothing. Atheists would need apologists to explain how we have learned so much about the universe from a book written thousands of years ago.

But it is not like that. All the evidence falsifies creation. Human apologists are needed to defend almighty God because he cannot defend himself and scripture looks exactly what it is--the musings of superstitious Iron Age folk.

If you believe in God, nothing makes sense without invoking magic. If you don't believe, everything makes sense and no magic is required.

You need magic to believe lies but not to find reality.[/b]

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 11:59am On May 08, 2016
WHICH JESUS?

There are thousands of Christian denominations the world over. A Jehovah witness will not stray into a Catholic Church to worship neither will a Seventh Day Adventist stray into a Redeemed Church to worship.

A Deeper Life member can never stray into a Christ Embassy parish for a service. Yet they all claim to worship the same Jesus. Which Jesus?

I want someone to harmonize everything for me. Harmonize it into one. Just one. Give it a shot. Your time starts now!

6 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 2:14pm On May 09, 2016
[b]LET"S CLEAR UP A FEW THINGS

An atheist is NOT necessarily a good person. An atheist can be a bad person. S/he can be a murderer, serial killer, spouse beater, thieving politician and a liar all rolled into one person.

Atheism is NOT the opposite of religion. I can be non-religious and yet, not be an atheist. I can say all religions are false and untrue but believe that there is/are God(s).

Atheism is NOT a moral philosophy. There is no laid down guidelines for behaviour among atheists. There are no set rules or dogma you have to adhere to be seen as a true atheist.

What atheism IS, is the opposite of THEISM. The belief in God(s). Atheism is the lack of belief in God. The rejection of the theistic claim that there is a supernatural being who created the universe etc. Some also argue that Atheism is not the opposite of theism. That Atheism is a null position with respect to theism. That the opposite of belief ought to be disbelief, not unbelief. That could well be true.

While Many theists are also religious and therefore derive their morality (so they claim) from their specific religions, most atheists derive their morality from a simple Naturalist worldview termed SECULAR HUMANISM[/b]

"Secular humanism"
The philosophy or life stance of secular humanism (alternatively known by some adherents as Humanism , specifically with a capital H to distinguish it from other forms of humanism ) embraces human reason, ethics, and philosophical naturalism while specifically rejecting religious dogma, supernaturalism , pseudoscience , and superstition as the bases of morality and decision making."
(Wikipedia)

It will be pertinent to note that not all atheists are Humanists and not all Humanists are atheists. Many Buddhists identify as Secular Humanists (some people argue that Buddhism is an atheistic religion, but that is topic for another day). While many atheists derive their morality from a naturalist worldview, it will a mistake to assume that atheism therefore, is a moral philosophy on its own.

4 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 09, 2016
shollyps i sight you o,(from intelligence)
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Shollyps(m): 5:11pm On May 09, 2016
stephenmorris:
shollyps i sight you o,(from intelligence)
intelligence boss...I hail o...I never comment on this thread before... just observing things....lol....nice one...pastor Joseph... I always enjoy your post
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by PastorAIO: 5:33pm On May 09, 2016
joseph1013:

While Many theists are also religious and therefore derive their morality (so they claim) from their specific religions, most atheists derive their morality from a simple Naturalist worldview termed SECULAR HUMANISM

I want to challenge and disagree with you on this point. I feel that just as theists claim to derive their morality from their religions, so do some atheists claim to derive their morality from a Naturalist worldview.

In actual fact Morality is sourced from a more visceral impulse. It is an instinct. Ideologies may be used later to explain morality (after the fact), but in fact the process of arriving at a moral standpoint is more subtle and subconscious then deliberating over ideology.

That is why christians can see something evil in the bible and recognise that it is evil and then seek to make up excuses from it. If their sense of morality really was derived from the bible then they would feel no need to explain away why the bible is at odds with their sense of morality.

The same goes from secular humanism. Atheist Morality, even for those who claim to be secular humanists, won't always tally with Secular humanist ideology.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by ramonchang(m): 7:57pm On May 09, 2016
hi Joseph...I am a great fan of this thread,I av been following it for quite some time and i noticed that MOST of your observations are directed to xtianity... not islam
i want to know do you fear muslims(i do) because they might be aggressive or you donot know much or Islam as they claim is "flawless"....

note: i am in no way into religion i am just curious as to why u do not
observe thins in islam as do in xtianity
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:59am On May 10, 2016
PastorAIO:

I want to challenge and disagree with you on this point. I feel that just as theists claim to derive their morality from their religions, so do some atheists claim to derive their morality from a Naturalist worldview.

In actual fact Morality is sourced from a more visceral impulse. It is an instinct. Ideologies may be used later to explain morality (after the fact), but in fact the process of arriving at a moral standpoint is more subtle and subconscious then deliberating over ideology.

That is why christians can see something evil in the bible and recognise that it is evil and then seek to make up excuses from it. If their sense of morality really was derived from the bible then they would feel no need to explain away why the bible is at odds with their sense of morality.

The same goes from secular humanism. Atheist Morality, even for those who claim to be secular humanists, won't always tally with Secular humanist ideology.

Secular Humanism (SH) is not a strict ideology per se that has a set of dos and donts. It is simply a method of arriving and answering moral questions. Many religious people are secular humanists without consciously knowing it.

SH is just a name given to the age old method of using your head to arrive at moral truths.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:06am On May 10, 2016
ramonchang:
hi Joseph...I am a great fan of this thread,I av been following it for quite some time and i noticed that MOST of your observations are directed to xtianity... not islam
i want to know do you fear muslims(i do) because they might be aggressive or you donot know much or Islam as they claim is "flawless"....

note: i am in no way into religion i am just curious as to why u do not
observe thins in islam as do in xtianity

That is true. Most of my specific observations are targeted at Christians. The reason is because I was once a Christian...scratch that...I was once a Pastor. Therefore I have a better-than-most knowledge about Christianity. So I don't think I deliberately don't talk about Islam because of fear of physical aggression. To add to that, I am more in contact with Christians than Muslims, it is therefore no surprises that most of my thoughts and questions are about what I observe around me.

However, when I talk about Yahweh, it covers Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Yahweh is their god.

Personally, I find Islam more ridiculous than Christianity in a lot of ways. Jesus was more humane, Mohammed was a disaster. Dude was a pedophile ffs. Absolutely disgusting.

4 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 10:44am On May 10, 2016
joseph1013:

That is true. Most of my specific observations are targeted at Christians. The reason is because I was once a Christian...scratch that...I was once a Pastor. Therefore I have a better-than-most knowledge about Christianity. So I don't think I deliberately don't talk about Islam because of fear of physical aggression. To add to that, I am more in contact with Christians than Muslims, it is therefore no surprises that most of my thoughts and questions are about what I observe around me.

However, when I talk about Yahweh, it covers Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Yahweh is their god.

Personally, I find Islam more ridiculous than Christianity in a lot of ways. Jesus was more humane, Mohammed was a disaster. Dude was a pedophile ffs. Absolutely disgusting.
you too much joseph1013 in fact send me your fb name sef make i add you
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by vickyonyi(f): 11:46am On May 10, 2016
Hello everyone. Am an Atheist seeking to know fellow Atheist in Lagos. I feel am alone want to know if indeed am not crazy.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 10, 2016
vickyonyi:

Hello everyone. Am an Atheist seeking to know fellow Atheist in Lagos. I feel am alone want to know if indeed am not crazy.
you are not alone ,Joseph1013 will respond to you besides that I stay in sango ota
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:45pm On May 10, 2016
stephenmorris:
you too much joseph1013 in fact send me your fb name sef make i add you

My Schedule does not allow for Facebook. Only so much hours in a day.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 6:55pm On May 10, 2016
vickyonyi:

I stay in Lagos (though not always in Lagos) and there are many atheists in Lagos and all over Nigeria. If every God-denial comes up openly, you will be shocked how not-alone you are.

You may send me a PM. I can hook you up with a couple of people, male and female.

You are definitely not crazy for not believing in God. In fact, according to the news by National Geographic of last month,

The religiously unaffiliated, called "nones," are growing significantly. They’re the second largest religious group in North America and most of Europe. In the United States, nones make up almost a quarter of the population. In the past decade, U.S. nones have overtaken Catholics, mainline protestants, and all followers of non-Christian faiths.

There have long been predictions that religion would fade from relevancy as the world modernizes, but all the recent surveys are finding that it’s happening startlingly fast. France will have a majority secular population soon. So will the Netherlands and New Zealand. The United Kingdom and Australia will soon lose Christian majorities. Religion is rapidly becoming less important than it’s ever been, even to people who live in countries where faith has affected everything from rulers to borders to architecture.

Source: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion/

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 9:06pm On May 10, 2016
Shollyps:
intelligence boss...I hail o...I never comment on this thread before... just observing things....lol....nice one...pastor Joseph... I always enjoy your post
Pastor...LOL

That awkward moment when one of those you led to Christ on Campus shout your name on the streets of Lagos and introduce you to his wife as one of the best Preachers he's ever come across and you are instantly tongue-tied.

The struggle for the souls of men used to be so real mehn. LMAO

PS: Appreciate the shout-out, bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 10, 2016
joseph1013:
Pastor...LOL

That awkward moment when one of those you led to Christ on Campus shout your name on the streets of Lagos and introduce you to his wife as one of the best Preachers he's ever come across and you are instantly tongue-tied.

The struggle for the souls of men used to be so real mehn. LMAO

PS: Appreciate the shout-out, bro.
guy na true talk be this the diff between me and you is you went to the university lol

2 Likes

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by Ruq: 7:26am On May 11, 2016
Now this is how you go about enlightening. Very good thread bruv.

1 Like

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 7:51am On May 11, 2016
[b]YOU DON'T SEE AIR YET YOU DON'T DOUBT IT...

So I got a PM yesterday and this fellow sought to know how I can be so foolish to not believe in the existence of God. He said to me, "That I can't see air doesn't in any way void its existence.... Trying to understand God before believing his existences will fry your brain....so these guys only retire to their belief as they find it impossible to comprehend God."

I promised to answer him in a comment on this thread and here it is:

You can't "SEE" air, but you can observe it. There are many many tests to observe air. Scientists have observed air so well, they even know its make-up.

Evidence doesn't mean "SEE". It means "SENSE" by any means replicable: human senses or even with the help of technology.

Now no one alive and healthy today has ever SENSED God in a universally replicable manner.

For there to be a goat in a well, it's not enough for Olamide alone to see/hear it. He should also be able to demonstrate to Chidinma by telling him what steps he took to sense the goat, so that Chindinma can sense it himself and also show Audu.

If you are the only one who can sense the presence of this goat, then it's most likely all in your head (hallucination).

If you believe something so so so much and you managed to convince yourself it's there, guess what, your brain starts to see it in everything. But, my friend, it's still all in your head (delusion).

What religion has managed to do is get a whole lot of people deluded. They start seeing god in everything - they woke up today (must be god). Almost got hit by a car (God saved). Passed exam (God blessed). Didn't pass exam (God testing)... This is mass delusion my brother.

I know this has fallen on deaf ears, but I had to try.[/b]

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 7:52am On May 11, 2016
Ruq:
Now this is how you go about enlightening. Very good thread bruv.

Thanks bro.
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by urahara(m): 7:58am On May 11, 2016
joseph1013:

So I got a PM yesterday and this fellow sought to know how I can be so foolish to not believe in the existence of God. He said to me, "That I can't see air doesn't in any way void its existence.... Trying to understand God before believing his existences will fry your brain....so these guys only retire to their belief as they find it impossible to comprehend God."

grin smiley

You can't "SEE" air, but you can observe it. There are many many tests to observe air. Scientists have observed air so well, they even know it's make-up.

Evidence doesn't mean "SEE". It means "SENSE" by any means replicable: human senses or even with the help of technology.

Now no one alive and healthy today has ever SENSED God in a universally replicable manner.

For there to be a goat in a well, it's not enough for Olamide alone to see/hear it. He should also be able to demonstrate to Chidinma by telling him what steps he took to sense the goat, so that Chindinma can sense it himself and also show Audu.

If you are the only one who can sense the presence of this goat, then it's most likely all in your head (hallucination).

If you believe something so so so much and you managed to convince yourself it's there, guess what, your brain starts to see it in everything. But, my friend, it's still all in your head (delusion).

What religion has managed to do is get a whole lot of people deluded. They start seeing god in everything - they woke up today (must be god). Almost got hit by a car (God saved). Passed exam (God blessed). Didn't pass exam (God testing)... This is mass delusion my brother.

grin grin cool

I feel u brov . more grease to thy elbow
Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by joseph1013: 8:02pm On May 11, 2016
[b]THE INTOLERANT ATHEISTS

"Why are atheists so intolerant and constantly trying to undermine other people's religious beliefs?"

This is a question I encounter all the time. Well, here's why:

If religious people kept their beliefs to themselves then there would be no need for atheists to discuss religion. Atheists are fed up of the intrusions that religions make into their lives and also wish to know why religions continue to enjoy privileges at their expense giving that religion should be a private matter.

1). Why are churches exempted from paying taxes?

2). Nigerian lawmakers threw out a bill in March 2016 that was meant to empower women. They quoted copiously from the bible and the Koran to justify their objections.

3). The law that criminalises LGBTQ people was founded on religious convictions.

4). We cannot ban marriage to child brides in northern Nigeria because prophet Muhammad married a prepubescent child. Our Muslim brothers want to follow his example and have blocked attempts to ban this practice.

5). Children as young as toddlers are labelled as witches and subjected to untold emotional and physical trauma, thanks to sermons by televangelists like Helen Ukpabio.

6). People cannot enjoy decent sleep at night thanks to loud music and prayers during night vigils which happen practically every day of the week.

7). Religious proselytisers make unsolicited door-to-door visits and call us sinners, and threaten our families with hell fire if we reject their message.

8 ). Religious convictions drive people to blow themselves up in public places such as markets, parks, schools and on buses, in order to inflict maximum casualty.

I can go on and on but you can read more here:
http://saharareporters.com/2016/04/19/national-assembly-place-where-religious-ideas-kill-human-rights-bills-dr-ijabla-raymond

These are some of the reasons that compel atheists to constantly discuss religion and to try to undermine the beliefs that drive these crazy religious activities.

BY IJABLA RAYMOND[/b]

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Thoughts And Questions About Religion by CAPSLOCKED: 7:30am On May 12, 2016
joseph1013:

You can't "SEE" air, but you can observe it. There are many many tests to observe air. Scientists have observed air so well, they even know its make-up.

smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (130) (Reply)

Jesus is coming soon. This thread is for faithful watchmen / Scandal: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In South African Trouble! / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.