Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

How Do You Manage Double Standard In Your Family? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Manage Double Standard In Your Family? (2470 Views)

My 14-Year-Old Sister Made Shocking Revelations, How Can I Manage The Situation? / 15 Items That Can Save Your Family’s Life / How Do You Manage Your Finances As A Couple? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Manage Double Standard In Your Family? by Juzzybabe(f): 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
showafrica:

They worry why I don't come home often but I never told them. I am just thinking on how to start the explaination because, it's also possible my bros dont care. Let me not put another reasoning in his head. We are very much in good terms still crack our normal jokes.
Its good u guys are relating well but speak with your mum privately over the issue.Mind u,mum is not doing it intentionally o,and not that she's bad either but She's just being carried away. that's mothers for u.Sleeping out isn't a pinch of the solution unless u are using the opportunity to spend the night somewhere else. *smiles*
Re: How Do You Manage Double Standard In Your Family? by CONTROLi(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2014
If You're Not In Support Of Your Parent's Behaviour, Then Console Your Bro, He Should Focus On The Benefits of Endurance. Every Battle Is For A Reason. Every Battle Is For A Season. He Shouldn't Forget That...He Should ENDURE.
Re: How Do You Manage Double Standard In Your Family? by Nobody: 12:55am On Dec 18, 2014
showafrica:

You are also correct, I expect my parents to know him better and wisely, set him up. I think my mum do but may be the shame and embarracement he has been bringing to the family might have frustrated her. I dont want to start going into details. My concern is just how to manage the double standard. I have told him to try and leave the village, even its one room apartment he should manage but he is insisting on 3 bed room flat that he may share.

You say embarrassment , did he do anything illegal or go against societal norms ? , if his only crime is not being financially stable or not being educationally sound then your parents are still to be blamed if he feels any resentment towards them and the family as a whole. Where I start to blame him is the pride and ego he carries on his head like bucket of water , if you have offered him a way out and he is asking for that much then he needs to man up.
Re: How Do You Manage Double Standard In Your Family? by royalnikita(f): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2014
kiss undecided this is one of the reasons y families hv rift btwn brothers. Tomorrow e go be witches and wizards are scattering der family, not knowing dat its wat dey started.
Parents sef and der favouritism! Senior bros for that matter.
Smh for dem cos wen dey wl reap wat dey are sowing now, no be me go take d blame...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Vs Johnathan's Family. / Aww! 'umbrella Dad' Gets Totally Soaked Shielding His Son From The Rain / Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.