Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,263 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

Politics Of Hate And Name Calling. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics Of Hate And Name Calling. (419 Views)

The Emptiness Of Their Justification For The Name-calling Against PMB / Why Are There So Many Insultive Comments And Name Calling On This Section? / Aregbesola - Jihad Not War Of Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics Of Hate And Name Calling. by danyegbule: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2014
I have been watching the political brouhaha from afar off and what we have is just politics of hate and name calling. We hardly hear anybody speak constructively or convincingly about their candidate or against the incumbent. What baffle me is that the young among us, as the future of this great nation can't address issues without name calling like Buhari "Boko Haram" Jonathan "Jonathan" and many more not worthy of print.
As much as democracy is all about freedom of speech, it does not in any way give anybody the right to say anything just because you have access to the internet. Lets take a cue from Americans and other civilised counties.
If I am campaigning for Buhari, that does not give me the right to call Jonathan unprintable names same also goes to Jonathan campaigners.
If the necessary CHANGE we crave for must come, then it is of necessity that we CHANGE our mentality. Neither the FRESH AIR nor the CHANGE we desire as citizens of this nation can be achieved if all hands are not on desk.
The beauty of democracy is healthy criticism and also logical reasoning. Sometimes elections are not won on merit or money, but on logical and constructive argument. How do I sell my candidate both to the North, South, East and West, how do I make my candidate popular so as to get a reasonable vote from that region.
Young folks, Buhari and Jonathan can not and will not change your life if you don't bring the desired change yourself, you must first bring the fresh air before any government bring it to you.
In conclusion, I wish to see a nation where young men and women discussing politics without using abusive words, where we sell our candidate bearing at the back of our mind that we must have to respect the other candidate and trying as much as we can to respect people's opinion and choice.

(1) (Reply)

Photos : Former Delta And Bayelsa Militants Protest Non-payment Of Allowances / Lagos State Govt Deported 70 Beggars To Northern Nigeria / There shall be no peace until you do justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.