Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife (35504 Views)

Pastor Abuses, Impregnates And Abandons Woman Seeking Spiritual Help / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years / Groom Dumps Bride At Ikoyi Registry, Escaped With Her Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by lalasticlala(m): 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2014
Like a scene from a Nollywood home video, a 57 year-old man simply identified as Valentine, abandoned his bride to be at the registry and took to his heels during a marriage registration ceremony over the weekend at the Oredo Local Government Council marriage registry in Benin, Edo state.

It was gathered that the embattled groom allegedly abandoned the marriage formalities when he sighted his wife of 17 years who stormed the venue to disrupt the marriage.

Sources close to the family of Mr. Valentine disclosed to journalists in Benin that the runaway groom had in the past approached marriage registry in several courts in a different locations in Delta state where he was said to secretly contracted another marriage.

He was said to have perfected plans to formalise his relationship secretly with his latest lover when on the said day, he invited few of his trusted friends to witness the occasion.

Information about the arrangement of the new marriage was said to have leaked to his first wife who had four children for him, and she subsequently mobilised other women who stormed the venue to disrupt the administration of marital vow.

The embattled wife was said to have narrated to the bewildered crowd that her husband abandoned his responsibilities to the family since he got involved with his new spouse, adding that, several attempts to save the marriage did not yield the desire results.

“I had to do this because I’m convinced my husband must have been bewitched by the lady because since the rumour began making rounds he has stopped taking care of his four children. Each time he is confronted to provide money for our upkeep he often complained of not having money,” she allegedly narrated.

It was gathered that she threatened to take legal action against the council should they go ahead on a later date to wed them insisting that she remains his legal wife.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/15/groom-abandons-bride-marital-oath%E2%80%8E-at-registry-on-sighting-wife/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by ALKARULEZ615(m): 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lwkmdo grin dah man na kolo

E don be for the bride

Next? cheesy #FTC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by cococandy(f): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2014
grin grin grin

Na by force? The dude wants out. It is better to let him go in peace than fight to stay married to him since he obviously doesn't want to have anything to do with the woman again.

Some men sha. So after 17yrs and 4 kids this is how he chose to play it. Issorait

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by dre11(m): 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2014
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy

This is serious,
The wife shows the man that he aren't wise at all,
but, why the man wants to abandon the marriage of 19years and 4 children

••••••Only the hunter can catch the bush meat•••••
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by Beesluv: 10:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
na wa o
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by holatin(m): 11:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
Double wahalla or na double trouble.

No peace for the wicked
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by kemiola89(f): 11:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
Chei see tough love! The man must be really scared of his wife to boot off like that at the sight of her.

11 Likes

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by corisande: 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
Hahahaha cheesy
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2014
Karma is a b*tch...

I'd roast his balls if i was the wife. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
grin

I just can't stop laughing...

1 Like

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by okotv(m): 11:28pm On Dec 15, 2014
this one is strong
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by anthoniaz(f): 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Na wa oo! Is the man alright at all sad
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by KanwuliaJara: 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2014
Yeye woman!
Man nor want you, you dey give yasef HBP!
After 4 children you still dey wahala yasef? undecided
Mtcheeeeeeeeeew!

3 Likes

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by missdebs(f): 12:10am On Dec 16, 2014
fp...fp...fp...fp
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by PerfumeRepublik: 12:12am On Dec 16, 2014
Gamophobia Alert!
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by infobiz9ja(m): 12:28am On Dec 16, 2014
Pictures of the Groom running like a headless chicken or u know d rest.

1 Like

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by Nobody: 12:59am On Dec 16, 2014
Trouble sleep,yanga go wake am.

I don't know some people always marry two wives,or divorce their wife,or husband.

Was there no love initially in the marriage,or what?

Why marry someone,next thing,thing would fall apart to irreconcilable part. Where's the love?

God,I don't pray for this,knowing fully well I grew up in a broken home..I will do everything,and anything to make my marriage work.

All I pray for is a good wife to complement me.

17 Likes

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by StealthyMe(m): 4:02am On Dec 16, 2014
The way u described his take-off grin one would think been living in fear of his wife...probably due to undecided

1 Like

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by freecocoa(f): 6:23am On Dec 16, 2014
From the story, it can be deduced that the man dey fear her, if not why him go run? grin

2 Likes

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by Valfrankie(m): 6:44am On Dec 16, 2014
grincheesy grincheesy grincheesy
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by Valfrankie(m): 6:50am On Dec 16, 2014
Sounds like that Solomon Akiyesi's tale :-/undecidedundecided I hope this is not a doctored report of same event Lala angryangryangry
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by Pavore9: 6:50am On Dec 16, 2014
That groom and "his trusted friends" be correct yeye men! When his children ignores providing for him in his old age he will start blaming their mother!

12 Likes

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by radiant3(f): 7:19am On Dec 16, 2014
Wonders shall neva cease!
Wht else does he wnt after 17years of marriage?
Some men sha...
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by sccofield(m): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2014
gobe
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by mistabiola: 7:23am On Dec 16, 2014
Ah!! Ise Aye ni I swear cheesy grin , the witches and wizard at work tongue
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by SIRKOL(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2014
Lol, the fear of marriage is the beginning of the End times! *we in france we simply Divorce*
Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 16, 2014
[size=20pt]MAY GOODLUCK JONATHAN RUN AWAY LIKE THIS MAN WHEN HE SIGHTS BUHARI! MAY HE RUN BACK TO OTUEKE[/size]

-CRAMJONES

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife by ritababe(f): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2014
wahala dey oh, see gobe.

the fear of his wife is the beginnig of running

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Different Types Of Nigerian Mothers (MEME COLLECTION) / Man In Search Of Ghost Finds Girlfriend Sleeping With Son / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.