Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan (739 Views)

Why PDP Must Not Die / Buhari May Soon Wish He Did Not Win 2015 Presidential Polls – Ben Bruce. / “Jonathan Will Win 2015 Election But Be Cut Short” – Prophet Emmanuel Nwazuo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan by FuckOFF: 12:19am On Dec 16, 2014
Dr. Emmanuel Oduaghan, gov­ernor of Delta State hosted a team of journalists recently in his office in Asaba, capital city of the state. During the interac­tive session with his media guests, he declared that, President Goodluck Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), will win 2015 general elections with a wide margin.

Excerpts:

You were once quoted as saying that you don’t know who will succeed you but that you know who will not succeed you. Can you explain what you mean?

I know those who will not succeed me; those who have not picked forms will not succeed me, so my prediction was right. Some were moving around even before the whistle was blown but eventually they did not pick forms, so those ones will not succeed me. Those who have picked the form and have declared, one of them will succeed me.

If you want to talk about anointed candi­dates, I have 16 anointed candidates, so we have agreed that they are going to do six months each over eight years because I don’t have one anointed candidate.

On a more serious note, the wish of everyone, whether you are governor or an editor, is that whoever succeeds you should continue from where you are stopping. I think it is the wish of everybody. Now, what we have experienced over the years is that some governments come and put aside the works of the previous governments.

For instance, we are talking about Delta State Beyond Oil today; I am not praying that whoever will come to take over from me will say Delta beyond oil is nonsense because the reality is on ground now. We are even talking about Nigeria beyond oil. Everybody is now talking about the alternative to oil and we have been singing this song for the past seven and half years and then somebody will come tomorrow and say it is not a good economic plan strategy, let us jettison it and say let us go back to depend on oil budget which is no longer there.

That is what I meant when I was talking about successor. I was just praying that some­body who will take over from me will contin­ue from where I stop because when I took over from the previous administration, I continued and completed projects that he started. If I had said let me not do that, the Okere road in Warri that people are talking about today, the Japa road and all that; I was the one that started them but I have to complete them and people are using them. So as I leave, I pray that the person coming after me will do the same. That was what I meant.

Why do you think some governors are trying to arm-twist the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Adamu Mua’zu with court cases and don’t you think the PDP governors are playing God in terms of the emergence of party candidates?

As for arm-twisting the PDP National Chairman and court cases, what I can say is that I don’t know of any governor who is behind the court cases. And we feel sad; because my colleagues and I are talking. We feel sad because the party’s national chairman, who is a onetime governor for two terms – so he is our colleague – senior colleague in terms of governorship, that people are subjecting him to the kind of thing that is happening, we feel sad that he is going through this kind of embarrassment.

In fact, two weeks ago, there was an alarm that he has been taken to court in Delta State but of course there was no record that he was taken to court here. It is a kind of propaganda to pitch the governors against the PDP national chairman.

The national chairman has been a governor before and we are proud that he understands some of the things we are going through. We are totally – I can assure you that the PDP governors are totally working with the PDP national chairman.

Then the issue of playing God; I don’t think the governors are playing God. The party structure puts a lot of responsibility on gov­ernors in terms of organising the party at the state level, in terms of funding the party and of course in terms of ensuring that the party wins at the state level. And if you expect me to win for the party at the state, as a governor I must be interested in who is running for which seat – it must be someone that the party can market to win elections.

And it is not an individual thing, really. It is party thing. Who becomes the party’s gov­ernorship candidate; it is the party at the state level that will decide.

The governors cannot really impose candi­dates. what really happens is that when people are not able to get their ways, the easiest per­son they can blackmail is the governor – that the governor has done this or that but when they also have challenges in running the party, the person they run to is also the governor. So I guess that is what is happening; governors cannot play God.

I’m sure you know that in some other par­ties, they play more God than the PDP.

What structure have you put on ground to forestall another round of war session between Ijaw and Itshekiri after your tenure?

Concerning the Ijaw and Itshekiri crisis; now let me assure you – the problem of Itshek­iri and Uroboh has been on before some of us were born and we are still having flashes. But one thing is that we have been able to provide a forum for discussion, to reduce the tendency for violence. And that is one of the strategies we are trying to use. Even in the EPZ matter the two ethnic groups and the community leaders are discussing, both in Delta and in Abuja.

So there is no room for fight. Of course, because of the economic benefits of the EPZ, a lot of community interests are involved. So what you are seeing is community interests for the project, it is just that there is little under­standing of the overall benefits of the project and that is what we are trying to tell the com­munities that what you are quarrelling over is just crumb compared to the bigger benefits of the project. And I think we are getting somewhere.

And I must use this opportunity to thank Mr. President, who has been very understanding. And also, the Minister of Petroleum; they have been quite understanding, and fortunately, they are from this zone so they understand some of the complex nature of the relationship in this area.

I tell you, there will be no fight.T here are two things that usually cause fight. One is economic issues, which EPZ falls into and the other is political but the two we are managing them.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=95400
Re: Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan by solexy4real1111: 12:27am On Dec 16, 2014
FuckOFF:
Dr. Emmanuel Oduaghan, gov­ernor of Delta State hosted a team of journalists recently in his office in Asaba, capital city of the state. During the interac­tive session with his media guests, he declared that, President Goodluck Jonathan and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), will win 2015 general elections with a wide margin.

Excerpts:

You were once quoted as saying that you don’t know who will succeed you but that you know who will not succeed you. Can you explain what you mean?

I know those who will not succeed me; those who have not picked forms will not succeed me, so my prediction was right. Some were moving around even before the whistle was blown but eventually they did not pick forms, so those ones will not succeed me. Those who have picked the form and have declared, one of them will succeed me.

If you want to talk about anointed candi­dates, I have 16 anointed candidates, so we have agreed that they are going to do six months each over eight years because I don’t have one anointed candidate.

On a more serious note, the wish of everyone, whether you are governor or an editor, is that whoever succeeds you should continue from where you are stopping. I think it is the wish of everybody. Now, what we have experienced over the years is that some governments come and put aside the works of the previous governments.

For instance, we are talking about Delta State Beyond Oil today; I am not praying that whoever will come to take over from me will say Delta beyond oil is nonsense because the reality is on ground now. We are even talking about Nigeria beyond oil. Everybody is now talking about the alternative to oil and we have been singing this song for the past seven and half years and then somebody will come tomorrow and say it is not a good economic plan strategy, let us jettison it and say let us go back to depend on oil budget which is no longer there.

That is what I meant when I was talking about successor. I was just praying that some­body who will take over from me will contin­ue from where I stop because when I took over from the previous administration, I continued and completed projects that he started. If I had said let me not do that, the Okere road in Warri that people are talking about today, the Japa road and all that; I was the one that started them but I have to complete them and people are using them. So as I leave, I pray that the person coming after me will do the same. That was what I meant.

Why do you think some governors are trying to arm-twist the National Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Adamu Mua’zu with court cases and don’t you think the PDP governors are playing God in terms of the emergence of party candidates?

As for arm-twisting the PDP National Chairman and court cases, what I can say is that I don’t know of any governor who is behind the court cases. And we feel sad; because my colleagues and I are talking. We feel sad because the party’s national chairman, who is a onetime governor for two terms – so he is our colleague – senior colleague in terms of governorship, that people are subjecting him to the kind of thing that is happening, we feel sad that he is going through this kind of embarrassment.

In fact, two weeks ago, there was an alarm that he has been taken to court in Delta State but of course there was no record that he was taken to court here. It is a kind of propaganda to pitch the governors against the PDP national chairman.

The national chairman has been a governor before and we are proud that he understands some of the things we are going through. We are totally – I can assure you that the PDP governors are totally working with the PDP national chairman.

Then the issue of playing God; I don’t think the governors are playing God. The party structure puts a lot of responsibility on gov­ernors in terms of organising the party at the state level, in terms of funding the party and of course in terms of ensuring that the party wins at the state level. And if you expect me to win for the party at the state, as a governor I must be interested in who is running for which seat – it must be someone that the party can market to win elections.

And it is not an individual thing, really. It is party thing. Who becomes the party’s gov­ernorship candidate; it is the party at the state level that will decide.

The governors cannot really impose candi­dates. what really happens is that when people are not able to get their ways, the easiest per­son they can blackmail is the governor – that the governor has done this or that but when they also have challenges in running the party, the person they run to is also the governor. So I guess that is what is happening; governors cannot play God.

I’m sure you know that in some other par­ties, they play more God than the PDP.

What structure have you put on ground to forestall another round of war session between Ijaw and Itshekiri after your tenure?

Concerning the Ijaw and Itshekiri crisis; now let me assure you – the problem of Itshek­iri and Uroboh has been on before some of us were born and we are still having flashes. But one thing is that we have been able to provide a forum for discussion, to reduce the tendency for violence. And that is one of the strategies we are trying to use. Even in the EPZ matter the two ethnic groups and the community leaders are discussing, both in Delta and in Abuja.

So there is no room for fight. Of course, because of the economic benefits of the EPZ, a lot of community interests are involved. So what you are seeing is community interests for the project, it is just that there is little under­standing of the overall benefits of the project and that is what we are trying to tell the com­munities that what you are quarrelling over is just crumb compared to the bigger benefits of the project. And I think we are getting somewhere.

And I must use this opportunity to thank Mr. President, who has been very understanding. And also, the Minister of Petroleum; they have been quite understanding, and fortunately, they are from this zone so they understand some of the complex nature of the relationship in this area.

I tell you, there will be no fight.T here are two things that usually cause fight. One is economic issues, which EPZ falls into and the other is political but the two we are managing them.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=95400
mumu post
this idi*ot won dey use us promote him poor blog. smh..lindaikeji to be
Re: Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan by catalanscrew(m): 12:57am On Dec 16, 2014
Rubish

Re: Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan by mrlaw93(m): 1:03am On Dec 16, 2014
i go read am day break jare.. wanna sleep
Re: Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan by FuckOFF: 6:20am On Dec 16, 2014
solexy4real1111:

mumu post
this idi*ot won dey use us promote him poor blog. smh..lindaikeji to be

Escaped janjaweedians....Keep on barking - CASTRATED MAGGOTS.

"You are scared of this news right, is it today or yesterday you started knowing linda ikeji"?

Confused BAASTARD
Re: Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan by FuckOFF: 6:23am On Dec 16, 2014
catalanscrew:
Rubish

CAPITAL *NTTOORR!!!!!* Hahahahahahahahahahah.

If you don't like it go and die.
Re: Why PDP Must Win 2015 Election - Uduaghan by solexy4real1111: 10:47am On Dec 19, 2014
FuckOFF:

CAPITAL *NTTOORR!!!!!* Hahahahahahahahahahah.

If you don't like it go and die.
lols

i can see yur pain....thats what u get for criticizing
other peoples post punk as*s

(1) (Reply)

2015 Election: What An Angry Nigeria Has To Say / Nigerian And 2015 Election / Who Is G M B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.