Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? (7317 Views)

Common Problems Nigerians Living Abroad Face From Relatives / How Can I Continue To Love My Wife / Can You Continue With The Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by Bawss1(m): 2:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
Janet101:
I luv giving even wen people don't pay back, because we are owning God a lot and He still gives his mercy n love...am just praying for God's blessing

Great. I want 500K, I'll pay you back after the new yam festival. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by Janet101(f): 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
Bawss1:

Ole
Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by mgb4reel(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Seriously, this article is directed towards me gangan. I hardly reject when someone asked me for loan especially when the person is in dying need of the money; I will be like, I have 100k in my account and somehow is in dying need of just 10k. My problem is not loaning out money but the problem is paying me back. If its a very honest and reliable person, trust me, i could withdraw all the money in my acct for you but such individual are very rare. So, i will rather stick to the policy of giving out what i can dash.

1 Like

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by mgb4reel(m): 3:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
emmalexabl:
Call it loaning or whatever.,

If u are from Anambra state.,just forget about it.

Those people don do me strong thingy...
You got me there. I experienced one with an old time friend recently. i really feel bad about it. 45k just go like dat.
Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
Lol
Onegai:
Learned this the hard way last year.

I loaned someone some money, she swore to repay by end of the month. End of the year, I had N18,000 to my name and begged for my money. She kept swearing she was so broke, she was looking for money to feed. Only for her BBM status to change to "I just upgraded to BB10" grin grin Even when I confronted her, she said I didn't know the "story of how she got that phone". This chick enjoyed her holidays while I had N5,000 in my account and couldn't afford to go out to even search for work (I even had to ask a male friend to call her up and pretend to be an agressive debt collector to get half back). A year later, she send the balance and adds "interest".

Nowadays, before anyone comes to me for a loan, before they are done speaking, I burst into tears and enact my own version Nollywood scene and story grin they get so put off.

1 Like

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by emmalexabl(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
mgb4reel:

You got me there. I experienced one with an old time friend recently. i really feel bad about it. 45k just go like dat.

Same old time friends whom i have willingly decided to assist by lending them cash(on request) to boost their business...

And at the end of the day what do they do....they repay you with evil.

At a time i started praying psalms for them to return my money.

One owed me to tune of 300k and refused picking my calls( for my hard earned money).

And when it seems the psalms arent working, i have to go physical.

I have to enter onitsha and straight to old market road.,my money came out by fire by force after police made some arrests.
Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by zemaye: 3:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
Wow I learnt the hard way but my skin is thick now!!!
As the article stated I just give what I can as gift and move on smiley
But before I will give what I can and then some, to the extent of dissatisfying myself, embarassed thank God I have seen the light .

1 Like

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by mgb4reel(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
emmalexabl:

Same old time friends whom i have willingly decided to assist by lending them cash(on request) to boost their business...

And at the end of the day what do they do....they repay you with evil.

At a time i started praying psalms for them to return my money.

One owed me to tune of 300k and refused picking my calls( for my hard earned money).

And when it seems the psalms arent working, i have to go physical.

I have to enter onitsha and straight to old market road.,my money came out by fire by force after police made some arrests.
lol...good for you bro. That may not be feasible in my case sha. The guy is in awka and here i am in lagos hustling. Baba God de sha. Na lesson the guy teach me.
Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
Adesiji77:
This article really speaks to me; I have lost some hard-earned cash due to what the Yorubas call 'Oju-Anu' (someone should me translate this please grin) in the past and even, recent past.

I have resorted to modest cash gifts WHEN possible. This article only reinforces my resolve. cheesy
OJU-ANU=PITY EYES

1 Like

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by Doclight(m): 8:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
mentorandfriend:
Money issues are delicate issues. I used to give out money a lot to people: colleagues, church members who happen to be in my unit or home cell, fellowship, etc. I soon discovered that paying is usually a task. When you need the money when they promised to pay up, you wont have it. If you persist by calls, they think you're harrasing them. Therefore I crossed my mind never to give money to anybody again except if I want to help the person without expecting the person to return the money. It has given me so much rest.
Mentor u're sighted!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2014
Bawss1:

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by prettymaxy(f): 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2014
NnamdiN:
I'd have to generalize here grin women don't pay back. Even if she dey cry blood, no give am grin cheesy
Really?
Women generally don't pay back nd I've never borrowd mony frm a guy
Even my guy dat I borrwd 40k to d mony stayd more dan 1yr b4 he paid back with quarrel
He even went to report me to our closest friends dat I collected d mony he owed me frm him
Nw he's owing 110k, because I tld him to pay me only 10k out of d whole sum for nw dat I was broke he turnd it to quarel again dat I was insulting him
And u tink its only girls dat re nt credit worthy

1 Like

Re: Should You Continue To Give Loans To Friends, Relatives? by NnamdiN: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
prettymaxy:

Really?
Women generally don't pay back nd I've never borrowd mony frm a guy
Even my guy dat I borrwd 40k to d mony stayd more dan 1yr b4 he paid back with quarrel
He even went to report me to our closest friends dat I collected d mony he owed me frm him
Nw he's owing 110k, because I tld him to pay me only 10k out of d whole sum for nw dat I was broke he turnd it to quarel again dat I was insulting him
And u tink its only girls dat re nt credit worthy
I intentionally generalized grin i have more male debtors than females, with guys, there's hope and you could use force to get it back, with females, there's usually no hope, I'd rather have a dude owe me grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Never Do With A Newborn Baby / Thing You Both Use Together / KIDDIES and ADULT US STOCK School Shoes,Sport Shoes,Casual Shoes, Formal Shoes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.