Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China (23908 Views)

Corper Impregnated By JSS2 Student In Osun State (Snapshot) / Corps Member Allegedly Absconds With N2.3M Meant For 144 Corpers In Osun( Pix) / Corps Member Builds Corpers Lodge In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Stanley4E(m): 11:16am On Dec 16, 2014
He just assembled the parts, he didn't developed it, there's a difference
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by datguru: 11:17am On Dec 16, 2014
OCTAVO:
It looks like Chinese product abeg!

Wooow! My beloved octavo, its good to see you have grown up. For the first you said something rather than your usual blank space booking
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by forke(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2014
Haters everywhere
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by qualityovenbake(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2014
Great! Nigeria must get to the promise Land.
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 16, 2014
Even the controller gave him off. The corper is a liar and a disgrace to himself.

2 Likes

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by PerfumeRepublik: 11:18am On Dec 16, 2014
Stanley4E:
He just assembled the parts, he didn't developed it, there's a difference
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by iamord(m): 11:20am On Dec 16, 2014
DonaldGenes:
This is profoundly a streak of a genius...something worth a Nobel Prize not that Malala of Pakistan
smh... You are so in the past Something that asian and german and some africa secondary and technical schools make

2 Likes

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Howmon: 11:20am On Dec 16, 2014
It's chinko!!!
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by iamord(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2014
qualityovenbake:
Great! Nigeria must get to the promise Land.
with a toy lego drone
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by holatin(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2014
I pray government support him before one country come hijack am for their place.

Nigeria government wake up
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by blesszzy(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2014
adexsimply:

How big are "drones" meant to be?
Ah dont know, u tell me.
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by IamDejman(m): 11:21am On Dec 16, 2014
When I heard d word drone, I was elated in anticipation for d picture.

On seeing d so-called drone, I was downcasted!. This is why we would never be like the Whites
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by JeffreyJamez(m): 11:22am On Dec 16, 2014
Nigerians are their own worst enemies
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by gboly3190(m): 11:23am On Dec 16, 2014
Na aliexpress. Made in china
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by born2fuckpussy: 11:23am On Dec 16, 2014
Why the argument, something you can ask him to rebuild with monitoring

1 Like

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by mechanics(m): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2014
SporaD8:
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs.
Titi Laoye-Tomori, among other
dignitaries, watched in admiration
how a drone built by a corps
member posted to Osun State
took off and carried out
surveillance of the parade ground
at the Permanent Orientation
Camp of the National Youth
Service Corps on Monday.
The corps member, Olaolu Ayoola,
a graduate of Computer Science/
Engineering of the Ladoke Akintola
University of Technology,
Ogbomoso, stole the show with
his project during the closing
ceremony of the orientation
course for the 2014 batch ‘C’ of
corps members deployed in the
state.

The drone, which soldiers and
other security agents present at
the event described as a good
one, flew for about 10 minutes
before it landed.

The device, fixed with a
surveillance camera, can stay in
the air for 20 minutes and is
capable of climbing up to 500
metres.

The device with remote control
and 2.4G radio transmitter carried
out live recording of the event,
which he monitored on his black
berry phone.

Ayoola told our correspondent in
an interview that his love for
aeronautics drove him into
building the device.

According to him, apart from
military use, the drone is also
useful in hoisting flags as well as
monitoring ongoing activities in
large farms.

He said, “This type of drone, if
fully developed, can be used by
farmers. You can deploy it to fly
round a farm of about 20 hectares
and you will monitor what is going
on.

“It can also be used to monitor
traffic situation and flooded areas.
I spent over N20,000 to build it,
but I can do something with a
bigger capacity and which will
stay for hours on air if fund is
available.”

http://www.punchng.com/education/corps-member-test-flies-drone-in-osun/

[b]. Nigerian Student, NYSC Corper Built Surveillance Drones, Critics Say It’s Made In China.

The story making round in Nigeria is that of an NYSC Corper, Olaolu Ayoola who claimed he built a drone from scratch.
From the look of things, the guy might have succeeded in fooling Nigerians because the drone in question looks like a finished product and not like the ones made from raw materials.

Here is what critics are saying about Ayoola’s invention:

The drone in question is a finished product with remote control and not a prototype because the specifications of the drone – duration, altitude is the same with what you have in the market, the package came from China, he should show us his workshop. I am tired of people going to China to get a customized product and confuse the masses as their inventions.For the records, there are companies selling drone assembly kits online, they will send you the instruction manual to assemble it yourself. It’s likely one of those.

Another critic said:
“I just dey laugh here Ooo my brother, drone full stores here for my neighborhoodyafum,yafum… My question to the smart corper boy is simple, how and where did he get his raw materials from to manufacture his drones components ?A basic chines made toy drone in Chinese stores costs less than $100 US, so why’s this fool of a coper fooling Nigerians back home ?”

http://naijagists.com/photos-nigerian-graduate-nysc-corper-built-drones-critics-says-its-made-in-china/

[/b]
wether finished product or not, d guy made use of d resources available to him to build d drone, he has simply put his school on d world map, those critics shud use d same information n build d same drone, n let me see if it wil fly.
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by honeyad(m): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2014
blesszzy:
I was expecting something big. Guess I was wrong then.

Do u know what a drone is? undecided
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by illicit(m): 11:31am On Dec 16, 2014
Corper go and grab urself a copy of 3 idiots...
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by j4sure(m): 11:33am On Dec 16, 2014
Haters
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 16, 2014
lol, made in china.
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by aAK1(m): 11:37am On Dec 16, 2014
That's a Phantom
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by ceejayluv(m): 11:38am On Dec 16, 2014
IamDejman:
When I heard d word drone, I was elated in anticipation for d picture.

On seeing d so-called drone, I was downcasted!. This is why we would never be like the Whites
A "drone" is any remotely controlled aerial machine ranging from a toy helicopter to Military Hellfire missile UAVs...

1 Like

Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by theorbiters: 11:39am On Dec 16, 2014
Nigerians can neva appreciate nigerians in Nigeria. Let's assume this dude was in the U.S, everybody would be screaming, 'NICE ONE', 'MAKE US PROUD', but since it is in Nigeria, we are already to kill the dude. Whether it is china made or Nija made, why criticise him wen u haven't made us
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 16, 2014
I bought same drone for my baby cousin for xmas last year... lmao...
This guy fooled erryone
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 16, 2014
adexsimply:

How big are "drones" meant to be?

Have u watched 24 season 9? go find it and see how a real drone looks like
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by ceejayluv(m): 11:44am On Dec 16, 2014
preshuzpearl:

Have u watched 24 season 9? go find it and see how a real drone looks like

A "drone" is any remotely controlled
aerial machine ranging from a toy
helicopter to Military Hellfire missile
UAVs...
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by Decryptor(m): 11:46am On Dec 16, 2014
blink182:
Even the controller gave him off. The corper is a liar and a disgrace to himself.

Don't mind the fool. That is how he was able to scale thru secondary school to university. Via Cheating!
Re: Pics: Corps Member Builds & Tests Drone In Osun, Critics Say It’s Made In China by christopher123(m): 11:46am On Dec 16, 2014
HMMMM ANYBODY THAT BUILDS A TOY PLANE NOW , IT IS CALLED DRONE..IF THIS IS DRONE WHAT WILL YOU CALL THESE, AND A COMPUTER ENGINEERING GRADUATES BUILT THIS HANDIWORK PRIMARY SCHOOLS USE IN CHINA

WELL I WISH THEM LUCK, BUT THIS AINT DRONE PLS, IT IS TOY PLANE...WISH HIM LUCK IN FUTURE ENDEAVORS

SporaD8:
Osun State Deputy Governor, Mrs.
Titi Laoye-Tomori, among other
dignitaries, watched in admiration
how a drone built by a corps
member posted to Osun State
took off and carried out
surveillance of the parade ground
at the Permanent Orientation
Camp of the National Youth
Service Corps on Monday.
The corps member, Olaolu Ayoola,
a graduate of Computer Science/
Engineering of the Ladoke Akintola
University of Technology,
Ogbomoso, stole the show with
his project during the closing
ceremony of the orientation
course for the 2014 batch ‘C’ of
corps members deployed in the
state.

The drone, which soldiers and
other security agents present at
the event described as a good
one, flew for about 10 minutes
before it landed.

The device, fixed with a
surveillance camera, can stay in
the air for 20 minutes and is
capable of climbing up to 500
metres.

The device with remote control
and 2.4G radio transmitter carried
out live recording of the event,
which he monitored on his black
berry phone.

Ayoola told our correspondent in
an interview that his love for
aeronautics drove him into
building the device.

According to him, apart from
military use, the drone is also
useful in hoisting flags as well as
monitoring ongoing activities in
large farms.

He said, “This type of drone, if
fully developed, can be used by
farmers. You can deploy it to fly
round a farm of about 20 hectares
and you will monitor what is going
on.

“It can also be used to monitor
traffic situation and flooded areas.
I spent over N20,000 to build it,
but I can do something with a
bigger capacity and which will
stay for hours on air if fund is
available.”

http://www.punchng.com/education/corps-member-test-flies-drone-in-osun/

[b]. Nigerian Student, NYSC Corper Built Surveillance Drones, Critics Say It’s Made In China.

The story making round in Nigeria is that of an NYSC Corper, Olaolu Ayoola who claimed he built a drone from scratch.
From the look of things, the guy might have succeeded in fooling Nigerians because the drone in question looks like a finished product and not like the ones made from raw materials.

Here is what critics are saying about Ayoola’s invention:

The drone in question is a finished product with remote control and not a prototype because the specifications of the drone – duration, altitude is the same with what you have in the market, the package came from China, he should show us his workshop. I am tired of people going to China to get a customized product and confuse the masses as their inventions.For the records, there are companies selling drone assembly kits online, they will send you the instruction manual to assemble it yourself. It’s likely one of those.

Another critic said:
“I just dey laugh here Ooo my brother, drone full stores here for my neighborhoodyafum,yafum… My question to the smart corper boy is simple, how and where did he get his raw materials from to manufacture his drones components ?A basic chines made toy drone in Chinese stores costs less than $100 US, so why’s this fool of a coper fooling Nigerians back home ?”

http://naijagists.com/photos-nigerian-graduate-nysc-corper-built-drones-critics-says-its-made-in-china/

[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The BEAUTY Of Plateau State Orientation Camp MANGU! Five Star Hotel Or What??? / Corpers To Enjoy Minimum Wage From 2020 Budget - Sunday Dare, Minister Reveals / Nysc Batch C14 Plateau State, Let's'meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.