Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,639 members, 7,813,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

Crude Oil Now At $59. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crude Oil Now At $59. (1101 Views)

NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day / Oil Price Recovers - Jumps From $59 To $63 / Niger State Has Crude Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Oil Now At $59. by egin(m): 10:18am On Dec 16, 2014
This morning the price of crude oil was $59 a barrel. Do you think the politicians will be wiser and be more prudent with how they waste money?
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 16, 2014
good

its time for Nigeria to nationalize all oil wells

T.Y. Danjuma and co have eaten enough
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by AJINATU: 10:24am On Dec 16, 2014
mikeansy:

T.Y. Danjuma and co have eaten enough
T.Y Danjuma is a member of the PDP and a close friend of president jonathan. He wouldnt let go of his oil wells anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 16, 2014
AJINATU:
T.Y Danjuma is a member of the PDP and a close friend of president jonathan. He wouldnt let go of his oil wells anytime soon.

if it drops to 40 dollar per barrel and Nigeria struggle to sustain itself people will think otherwise

The cost of Government and salaries of Legislators need to be also looked at

The oil boom is over!

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by agriboom: 10:42am On Dec 16, 2014
May God bring it down to N10 cheesy cheesy cheesy less than 10cents grin

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 16, 2014
I hope it stabilizes,it's affecting the economy. sad
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by Sirniyeh(m): 10:47am On Dec 16, 2014
First obligation before GMB after taken oath of office may 29, 2015 is cutting national expenses. This he agreed to during interactive section he had with Arewa youth over the weekend. Since he is not a man after materialism, a senator will earn not more than N500K per/m
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by ypzilanti: 10:53am On Dec 16, 2014
Time to sell a couple of gejs presidential jets. What is one man doing with 21 jets biko nu? More jets than aerocontractors. Yet we the people should tighten belt. How about tightening a belt around your necks all you government parasites.
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 16, 2014
Jonathan should launch an Austerity programme in order to sustain his investment in infrastructure

He can start the programme by seeking way to reduce cost of Government, from executive to legislator at all levels.

Get rid of some jets, NASS should agree to reduce their own wages

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by Funniez: 12:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
Interesting
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by zik4ever: 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2014
Sirniyeh:
First obligation before GMB after taken oath of office may 29, 2015 is cutting national expenses. This he agreed to during interactive section he had with Arewa youth over the weekend. Since he is not a man after materialism, a senator will earn not more than N500K per/m
This sounds like a populist proposition but it will never work. Salaries of the lawmakers are not fixed by executive fiat and the lawmakers I know, do not know the difference between APC and PDP when it comes to "their" money. I worked there previously and I can tell you that the democratic set up will not allow certain things that we wish or dream. Don’t be deceived, for most politicians irrespective of political party, politics is an investment and once they can’t get ticket on one party's platform, the decamp to another and claim to have become something else. Vote for the individual merit of each candidate please.
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
zik4ever:

This sounds like a populist proposition but it will never work. Salaries of the lawmakers are not fixed by executive fiat and the lawmakers I know, do not know the difference between APC and PDP when it comes to "their" money. I worked there previously and I can tell you that the democratic set up will not allow certain things that we wish or dream. Don’t be deceived, for most politicians irrespective of political party, politics is an investment and once they can’t get ticket on one party's platform, the decamp to another and claim to have become something else. Vote for the individual merit of each candidate please.

Can the executive force a referendum on this?
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
Yes i love this.. how i wish it can further deplete to $30/B..
Re: Crude Oil Now At $59. by nduchucks: 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
mikeansy:

Can the executive force a referendum on this?

Unfortunately the current head of the executive branch does not have the chutzpah to do it.

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Your Name On INEC Voter’s Register, Pick-up Center Using Phone / USA New Strategy To Get AFRICOM Military Base Up And Running (video) / Will Danfo Drivers Reduce Transport Fares?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.