Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Meet The Youth Corper Who Built A Drone For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Youth Corper Who Built A Drone For Nigeria (794 Views)

Mr President Live In AIT Again With The Youth / Nigerian Airforce Drone Strike Shatters Boko Haram Tank (video) / Notice:buhari Never Built A Single Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Youth Corper Who Built A Drone For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 16, 2014
I applaud this young man for his creativity!
The deputy governor of Osun State, Titi Laoye-Tomori, was among dignitaries who watched in admiration as a drone built by a corps member posted to Osun took off and carried out surveillance of the parade ground at the Permanent Orientation Camp of the National Youth Service Corps on Monday.

The corps member, Olaolu Ayoola, a graduate of Computer Science/Engineering of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, stole the show with his project during the closing ceremony of the orientation course for the 2014 batch ‘C’ of corps members deployed in the state.

The drone, which soldiers and other security agents present at the event described as a good one, flew for about 10 minutes before it landed.

The wonderful drone, fixed with a surveillance camera, can stay in the air for 20 minutes and is capable of climbing up to 500 metres...

The device with remote control and 2.4G radio transmitter carried out live recording of the event, which he monitored on his black berry phone.

Ayoola told Puncn in an interview that his love for aeronautics drove him into building the device.

According to him, apart from military use, the drone is also useful in hoisting flags as well as monitoring ongoing activities in large farms.

He said, “This type of drone, if fully developed, can be used by farmers. You can deploy it to fly round a farm of about 20 hectares and you will monitor what is going on.

“It can also be used to monitor traffic situation and flooded areas. I spent over N20,000 to build it, but I can do something with a bigger capacity and which will stay for hours on air if fund is available.”

Speaking, the deputy governor, who said she was impressed with the initiative, urged other youths to emulate Ayoola. She said, “I am very impressed with what you have done. It is a good thing and other youths should emulate you.

“Anywhere you are posted to, I want you to assemble a group of youths who you can teach how to invent something like this. This is a wonderful skill and I am impressed with this.”

SOURCE::: http://www.hotnaijagossip.com/2014/12/meet-youth-corper-who-built-drone-for.html?fb_ref=Default&fb_source=message&m=1

Re: Meet The Youth Corper Who Built A Drone For Nigeria by bwideity: 11:22am On Dec 16, 2014
nice one, i hope you get more support from Government and good people of Naija to do more greater things.
Re: Meet The Youth Corper Who Built A Drone For Nigeria by Walelavender(m): 11:27am On Dec 16, 2014
That's wonderful! Our youths are limitless if the enabling environment is created and corruption in the hands of principalities and power is alleviated. Ingenuity is another name for LAUTECH graduates. Proud of you and my Alma Mater!
Re: Meet The Youth Corper Who Built A Drone For Nigeria by Funniez: 12:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Interesting
Re: Meet The Youth Corper Who Built A Drone For Nigeria by lwise(m): 12:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
Make use of google you will see a lot of it on the internet.Its not something new,the only thing he did was putting
Nigerian flag on it.You can order it from big online stores in America.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Youth Corper Who Built A Drone For Nigeria by fatiaanu(m): 1:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
Proud of u. Greatest Ladokite

(1) (Reply)

Chief Richard Akinjide(SAN):President GEJ Will Win 2015 Election With Ease / Now That Nairaland Is Officially A Pdp Wing / Govs, Businessmen, Others Donate N21.27bn To Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.