Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing (4477 Views)

8 Things Nairalanders Should Start Doing / Annoying Things Nairalanders Do / Silly Things Nairalanders Do That Drive Me Crazy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Dotwillis1(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
kristina1:

Omg,datz my sec. scul
Are you still in akr?
wow, lik seriously? ...... I left this eveni
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Fabdedon(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2014
tosyne2much:
A lot of people will rain curses and have me hated for this piece but the truth is bitter they say

10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing

4. Stop Mocking Others Grammatical Errors
The reasons why errors are contained in some people's write-up is not because they are grammatically poor but simply because of their typing speed, impatience, anxiety and keypad layout could also be the major factor. Why not sieve the errors and pick the meaningful things on the thread, and if need be to make corrections, do it in a kind manner

Englishmart pls take note grin grin
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by englishmart(m): 8:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Fabdedon:
Englishmart pls take note grin grin
roger that grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by AfricanApple(f): 8:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
MissSlimbody:
...Funny thing is, some guilty ones too go come here and start 2 say 'Correct' 'right' 'Tosin u're right'

I don spot one already.
grin grin na hawk eyes u get? na wa o
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by tosyne2much(m): 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Your brain is valid @Tosyne2much.

I'm humbled ** covers face **
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by MissSlimbody(f): 9:03pm On Dec 16, 2014
AfricanApple:
grin grin na hawk eyes u get? na wa o

Na Eagle eyes ooo cheesy wink
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by AfricanApple(f): 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
MissSlimbody:

Na Eagle eyes ooo cheesy wink
no wonder grin abeg hope say u no expose the person grin
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by MissSlimbody(f): 10:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
AfricanApple:
no wonder grin abeg hope say u no expose the person grin
No, I didn't.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Clinton594(m): 10:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
tosyne2much:
A lot of people will rain curses and have me hated for this piece but the truth is bitter they say

1. Stop Advertising Your Virginity
I observed that people who are virgins chose to outrightly shout and advertise just to show to everybody that they are so disciplined and determined** you don't need all that abegi**

2. Schooling In France
This poo does not sound like a joke, it rather makes you look immature and dumb

3. Rushing To Make The First Comment On Threads
Studies have shown that those who are in a hurry to make the first comment on every thread barely make sensible comments. Many a times, these people make comments before thinking

The reasons why errors are contained in some people's write-up is not because they are grammatically poor but simply because of their typing speed, impatience, anxiety and keypad layout could also be the major factor. Why not sieve the errors and pick the meaningful things on the thread, and if need be to make corrections, do it in a kind manner

5. Quoting A Long Post
Quoting a long post can derail a thread. If you think you want to make an opinion about a long post, why not mention his/moniker and explain yourself out

6. Not Every Thread You should Comment On
Nobody is an island of knowledge so you can't have an idea and solution to all problems that arise. When you have no relevant advice to give, why not view the thread and fuccck off rather than posting poo or displaying the greatest height of illiteracy

7. Stop Condemning Threads
I must say it is not easy to undergo the stress of typing and racking your brain to bring up something, only for someone to storm on the thread and start saying the write-up is bullshit

8. Stop Referring To People As Being Jobless
This is kinda annoying. Not all addicted Nairalanders are jobless as you think. So are self employed and can't do without nairalanding every hour, so why refer to others as being jobless when you have no ides of what they are doing for a living ** it hurts**

9. Stop Condemning The Moderators
Some people will condemn Seun and other moderators that they are not doing enough. It's not easy to maintain a forum where internet tigers will want you to make a favourable policy

10. Respect Other People's Way Of Talking
Some can't write in epistle, some aint really good in English Language while some aint good in punctuations. It does not make them less intelligent nor render them useless, so there's no point outrightly telling them to obtain a Jamb form

I'm making this quote just to say kk

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by tosyne2much(m): 10:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
Clinton594:

ride on jhor grin

No police go arrest you
wink
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by DAvIt0(m): 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
Clinton594:

for breaking Law.. No. 5

Here's your punishment.....
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nmeri17: 4:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
#11 they should stop making lists. 10 types of this and 10 types of that angry
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by tosyne2much(m): 5:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nmeri17:
#11 they should stop making lists. 10 types of this and 10 types of that angry
I just hope dey stop ooooo
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nmeri17: 5:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
tosyne2much:
I just hope dey stop ooooo

who is "they"?? undecided you're even the king of those that make lists

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by tosyne2much(m): 5:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nmeri17:

who is "they"?? undecided you're even the king of those that make lists
wooooooooooow !!!

So you know me on this forum ?
wink
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nmeri17: 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2014
tosyne2much:
wooooooooooow !!!

So you know me on this forum ?
wink

ah person wey nor know u just sign up for nl this evening smiley
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by tosyne2much(m): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nmeri17:

ah person wey nor know u just sign up for nl this evening smiley
hahahahahahahahahaha lwkmd grin

You just dey make me laf here
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
missterious:

That guy's diary is annoying! angry
what do i think of this naff jibe? Not much of a cop. I'm easily insouciant to what you think.
But, let me nippily say that less infernal people discuss ideas, not a person's diary that is no skin of their noses. Ditto for a person's diction. Have your dictionary for a dinner.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 18, 2014
cupidhero: i think those who love using big words when writing a dairy is just plain stupid.
if shedding ones thoughts in ones choice words (accumulated from a patient period of study) is plain stupid, then you are blandly asinine since you are also fleshing your conjecture in your own choice words. Spare me the rabid comprehension argument. Who says avid readers don't figure sense in what we write. Only less than studious fellows find incubus making sense of our write-ups.
Come to think of it, a diary is for an audience of one. My diary is solely for me. Not for you to make a meal of. nosey-parker!

cupidhero: Big words don't make you intelligent.
neither does using "small words" make you intelligent. Intelligence has zilch to do with a man's knack for the letters. Einstein, soyinka et al spoke and wrote in english every bit your idea of "big words", yet they were no less sapient than Achebe who wrote fairly simply.
One thing your ilks always fail to grasp before setting indolent thumbs to worn-out keypads to spew out flimflam is that every writer, every speaker has a distinct style of writing, of speaking the random readers/listeners will come to appreciate. Just time. No true writer deliberately sets out to impress. If you think it's relatively effortless to write in and speak with "big words" in a manner of speaking, try it and you will see how fatuous of a clown you will make of yourself.

cupidhero: Write to convey a sensible message instead of writing to impress the fans of Hon patrick obahiagbon.
permit me to borrow the words of the bible-holding, holy faves - if our gospel is lost, then it is lost to the unbelievers. If our messages are meaningless as it were to you, it only means you have a dearth of perspicacity. And you have a need to read more avidly to pick up more words. We weren't taught synonyms et al in school for the purpose of just to read and pass it. They were taught for some plausible reasons. And one of them is to equip you to comprehend write-ups like this, like mine.
It might interest you to know that while you might cavil at the lofty writing and speaking styles of soyinka and patrick obanhiagbo respectively, a few of us find them perfectly relaying meaningful messages. Nobody is impressing anybody's fan. We write sponteinously in 'big words' just like you write sponteinously in "small words". If writing sponteinously tantamounts to impressing Patrick's fans, then it is safe to conclude you are also impressing your patience Jonathan's fans..

cupidhero: True intelligence starts with you not being a conformist. be yourself and stop sounding like a worthless piece of literary art.
and you are not a conformist? Why do write 'simply'? Are you not conforming to the popular trite notion that it is better to write simply? What does that make you? A non-conformist? If anything, you a conspicuous example of a conformist. True intelligence is certainly not your perquisite.
Yes, we sound like a wortheless piece of literary art for employing vocabs. And you sound like a lame pupil who just left primary school with no vocabs.
You snivelled in vacuity as if these so called "big words" are french words, that they are not in the dictionary. What i expect you to be pedant about is to spot out grammatical errors.
I'd be glad if you can confidently pin-point grammatical errors in what i have written since you seem to find fault as if there is a reward for it.

If you are as intelligent as you want to make your sheepish, suggestible disciples to believe, then you shouldn't be here writing about me. For intellgent folks discuss about anything but people

Cc: FrancisTony
missterious

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by missterious(f): 5:29am On Dec 18, 2014
Epaul, Your diary is yours & not mine. I'm sorry for criticizing it in public. I unfollowed it weeks ago. I should have left it at that. Just a quick question, do you talk like this in real life?
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 5:40am On Dec 18, 2014
missterious:
Epaul, Your diary is yours & not mine. I'm sorry for criticizing it in public. I unfollowed it weeks ago. I should have left it at that. Just a quick question, do you talk like this in real life?
grin grin
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by missterious(f): 5:51am On Dec 18, 2014
mayapop:
grin grin

What? :X
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 18, 2014
missterious:

What? :X
The last sentence got me rolling
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Vivly(f): 5:59am On Dec 18, 2014
Cupidhero and FrancisTony, I'm seriously waiting for your reply to this. An epistle will be welcome. Thanks.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by missterious(f): 6:11am On Dec 18, 2014
mayapop:
The last sentence got me rolling

Lol. Chai.

Vivly:
Cupidhero and FrancisTony, I'm seriously waiting for your reply to this. An epistle will be welcome. Thanks.

Me too. embarassed
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Vivly(f): 6:18am On Dec 18, 2014
missterious:

Lol. Chai.

Me too. embarassed
That's if they'll first google some of his words and see how they are relevant to the context used. It's not our business though, it's up to Cupid and Francis.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 18, 2014
tosyne2much:

1. Stop Advertising Your Virginity
I observed that people who are virgins chose to outrightly shout and advertise just to show to everybody that they are so disciplined and determined** you don't need all that abegi**

2. Schooling In France
This poo does not sound like a joke, it rather makes you look immature and dumb

3. Rushing To Make The First Comment On Threads
Studies have shown that those who are in a hurry to make the first comment on every thread barely make sensible comments. Many a times, these people make comments before thinking

5. Quoting A Long Post
Quoting a long post can derail a thread. If you think you want to make an opinion about a long post, why not mention his/moniker and explain yourself out

6. Not Every Thread You should Comment On
Nobody is an island of knowledge so you can't have an idea and solution to all problems that arise. When you have no relevant advice to give, why not view the thread and fuccck off rather than posting poo or displaying the greatest height of illiteracy

7. Stop Condemning Threads
I must say it is not easy to undergo the stress of typing and racking your brain to bring up something, only for someone to storm on the thread and start saying the write-up is bullshit

8. Stop Referring To People As Being Jobless
This is kinda annoying. Not all addicted Nairalanders are jobless as you think. So are self employed and can't do without nairalanding every hour, so why refer to others as being jobless when you have no ides of what they are doing for a living ** it hurts**

9. Stop Condemning The Moderators
Some people will condemn Seun and other moderators that they are not doing enough. It's not easy to maintain a forum where internet tigers will want you to make a favourable policy

10. Respect Other People's Way Of Talking
Some can't write in epistle, some aint really good in English Language while some aint good in punctuations. It does not make them less intelligent nor render them useless, so there's no point outrightly telling them to obtain a Jamb form

thats what makes nairaland fun!!!
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 18, 2014
Vivly:
That quote/reply isn't directed at me.
Vivly:
That's if they'll first google some of his words and see how they are relevant to the context used. It's not our business though, it's up to Cupid and Francis.
I would never use a big word just to impress anyone not as if Epaul is trying to do so though.
My style of writing is okay to me.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Vivly(f): 7:55am On Dec 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

That quote/reply isn't directed at me.

I would never use a big word just to impress anyone not as if Epaul is trying to do so though.
My style of writing is okay to me.
You were tagged.tongue
No one said you should use a big word.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by tosyne2much(m): 8:05am On Dec 18, 2014
To all those wey dey use big words, na una sabi abeg, make una dey use am go.. Wetin con-sign me ?

As 4me, I don't use big words but I will definitely make more sense than you with my simple sentences grin .. I'm more concerned making sense with my simple sentences than writing what my readers will find difficult to comprehend.. Writing in epistle does not define intelligence so make una stop the ranting abeg.. Heheheheheehehe
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 18, 2014
Vivly:
You were tagged.tongue
No one said you should use a big word.
You didn't see insults on his post?
How am I going to reply it?
By the way, I have unfollowed this thread long ago.
He tagged me to see the post. Atleast, Missterious was tagged too. grin
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Vivly(f): 8:23am On Dec 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

You didn't see insults on his post?
How am I going to reply it?
By the way, I have unfollowed this thread long ago.
He tagged me to see the post. Atleast, Missterious was tagged too. grin
I see.
BTW, one down, one to go.
Waiting for Cupid to act as the messiah. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Viviangist Is Stealing Nairalanders Post Without Permission / If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? / Rapper Iggy Azalea Shows Off Her Curvaceous Body In New Bikini Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.