Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing (4369 Views)

8 Things Nairalanders Should Start Doing / Annoying Things Nairalanders Do / Silly Things Nairalanders Do That Drive Me Crazy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by MizMyColi(f): 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:
Nairalanders should stop acting like bots, most nairalanders use the cliché "Do the needful" and i think those who love using big words when writing a dairy is just plain stupid. One dairy that jeninma shared some weeks back made mizmycoli's most formal epistle look so informal. Big words don't make you intelligent. Write to convey a sensible message instead of writing to impress the fans of Hon patrick obahiagbon. True intelligence starts with you not being a conformist. be yourself and stop sounding like a worthless piece of literary art.

Errr.....
I don't quite understand what you're on about grin grin
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Janeify(f): 5:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:
Nairalanders should stop acting like bots, most nairalanders use the cliché "Do the needful" and i think those who love using big words when writing a dairy is just plain stupid. One dairy that jeninma shared some weeks back made mizmycoli's most formal epistle look so informal. Big words don't make you intelligent. Write to convey a sensible message instead of writing to impress the fans of Hon patrick obahiagbon. True intelligence starts with you not being a conformist. be yourself and stop sounding like a worthless piece of literary art.

You're on point
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Janeify(f): 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
The op is right... thumbs up
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by tosyne2much(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:
Nairalanders should stop acting like bots, most nairalanders use the cliché "Do the needful" and i think those who love using big words when writing a dairy is just plain stupid. One dairy that jeninma shared some weeks back made mizmycoli's most formal epistle look so informal. Big words don't make you intelligent . Write to convey a sensible message instead of writing to impress the fans of Hon patrick obahiagbon. True intelligence starts with you not being a conformist . be yourself and stop sounding like a worthless piece of literary art .

Gbaaaaaaaam !!!! 1.000, 000 likes

Wetin you dey drink oga mi ?
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
Please tell them to stop unnecessary hype.

Everyone is special in his/her own way!
That's my own.

*stop calling Romancelanders dull. Personally I don't like politics and nothing can change that!! grin

Your brain is valid @Tosyne2much.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:
Nairalanders should stop acting like bots, most nairalanders use the cliché "Do the needful" and i think those who love using big words when writing a dairy is just plain stupid. One dairy that jeninma shared some weeks back made miz mycoli's most formal epistle look so informal. Big words don't make you intelligent. Write to convey a sensible message instead of writing to impress the fans of Hon patrick obahiagbon. True intelligence starts with you not being a conformist. be yourself and stop sounding like a worthless piece of literary art.

hahaha.
Bobo calmdown o. You done vex?
I like that English part @times abeg. E dey reduce the numbers of unnecessary mentions.

I agree with you though, Communication should be simple, easy to read and digest.

#kisses#
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by chibwike(m): 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nairaland ladies stop friendzoing the guys.....date them
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 5:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
MizMyColi:

Errr.....
I don't quite understand what you're on about grin grin
cool You would understand better if only you saw this post i'm referring to." A plethora of big words is bad but a smorgasbord of of proper grammar is better" Just imagine me sounding like that because i'm trying to explain the disadvantage of using too much big words? What i'm just trying to say is too much of everything is bad and when some of these big useless words are used they not only limit your audience and their reponse but they also turn your comment section into a haven for a particular group of people(The big word fanboys). Your religious writtens are simple and self explanatory but this dairy was just had less meaning and more big words. A metaphysical dictionary can't boast of bigger terminologies than the post that i'm reffering to. Lemme stop derailing this thread.
Tried accessing your blog the other day but couldn't. A link to it would be nice.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
tosyne2much:

Gbaaaaaaaam !!!! 1.000, 000 likes

Wetin you dey drink oga mi ?
Haha! Just buy me bullet proof vest because them fit attack me anytime cos of that post. cool
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:
lol. That could be Epaul, I guess.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by 1one: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Please, for those who love using big words... Please continue, that's what keeps some us "chasing" after your posts... The truth is, personally speaking, I hardly notice any overly big word or words used by the moniker that is supposedly known for using "big big" grammar... She just has a way of so brilliantly stringing words together, you know
, making her statements into somewhat of a "Literary collage" gringrin

So as the young man, to whom I'm so subtly(hopefully) quoting says...be true to yourself and if speaking "big big" English is the truest way of your self expression... Very much so, speak the BIG BIG ENGLISH, anybody that does not like it can go catch "Apollo eye" angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 5:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

hahaha.
Bobo calmdown o. You done vex?
I like that English part @times abeg. E dey reduce the numbers of unnecessary mentions.

I agree with you though, Communication should be simple, easy to read and digest.

#kisses#
Chai! cool Even if these big word fanboys attacked & killed me because of my post,the fact that you blew me a kiss is a good enough reason why i'm ready to meet with saint peter.
*shouts* You can kill me now. lol.
I'm glad you subscribed to some of my points.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

lol. That could be Epaul, I guess.
Can't recall the dudes name. I'm not hating o! Just telling it as it is. To each his own tho!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by MizMyColi(f): 6:07pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:

cool You would understand better if only you saw this post i'm referring to." A plethora of big words is bad but a smorgasbord of of proper grammar is better" Just imagine me sounding like that because i'm trying to explain the disadvantage of using too much big words? What i'm just trying to say is too much of everything is bad and when some of these big useless words are used they not only limit your audience and their reponse but they also turn your comment section into a haven for a particular group of people(The big word fanboys). Your religious writtens are simple and self explanatory but this dairy was just had less meaning and more big words. A metaphysical dictionary can't boast of bigger terminologies than the post that i'm reffering to. Lemme stop derailing this thread.
Tried accessing your blog the other day but couldn't. A link to it would be nice.

Yeah, I'm working on it ATM
Trying out different templates.

Beht try again first, let's see.

Meanwhile this your post got me reeling in seeeerious laughter.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 6:09pm On Dec 16, 2014
1one:
Please, for those who love using big words... Please continue, that's what keeps some us "chasing" after your posts... The truth is, personally speaking, I hardly notice any overly big word or words used by the moniker that is supposedly known for using "big big" grammar... She just has a way of so brilliantly stringing words together, you know
, making her statements into somewhat of a "Literary collage" gringrin
I was not reffering to mizmycoli,she is a darling and one of the reason i come here. I have read 90% of her post and can't spot any unneccessary big word. The person is a male. I apologize in advance for piercing any territorial bubble.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Dotwillis1(m): 6:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
kristina1:

Where have you been?
bn busy jare .. Ma leizure time % today has bn So low.. How r u?
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by missterious(f): 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
FrancisTony:

lol. That could be Epa ul, I guess.

That guy's diary is annoying! angry
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
MizMyColi:

Yeah, I'm working on it ATM
Trying out different templates.

Beht try again first, let's see.

Meanwhile this your post got me reeling in seeeerious laughter.

Cool! would try it ASAP. Maybe when you feature a david icke inspired article then these boys can then come over to your blog so we go blow big grammer. Take care miz!
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
Dotwillis1:
bn busy jare .. Ma leizure time % today has bn So low.. How r u?
Am gud.....hw ws ur day?
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 6:19pm On Dec 16, 2014
missterious:

Lmao. maybe it is actually E-paull. He is good sha.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
missterious:

Lol. True that.

While I'm browsing and busy doing something, I don't usually finish his update because those big words, sour its taste. sad
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Dotwillis1(m): 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
kristina1:

Am gud.....hw ws ur day?
fine, spent d whole day in ya state capital
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:

Lmao. maybe it is actually E-paull. He is good sha.

lolz.
Surprisingly his diary is 'bout the only diary I follow. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2014
Dotwillis1:
fine, spent d whole day in ya state capital
Really?
Where exactly??
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by 1one: 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:

I was not reffering to mizmycoli,she is a darling and one of the reason i come here. I have read 90% of her post and can't spot any unneccessary big word. The person is a male. I apologize in advance for piercing any territorial bubble.

Ohh really?

I apologize for assuming then

I thought you were referring to her

No offence taken
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by peteruuu(m): 6:45pm On Dec 16, 2014
YOU HAVE TRIED...infact,you've made a reasonable point

BTW

we don't value such things here in france grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

lolz.
Surprisingly his diary is 'bout the only diary I follow. embarassed
So you are a fan? cool! Maybe theres more to the dairy than big ol words. I'm joining his fanclub right away. I no won fall hands when i meet his kind. cool
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by MizMyColi(f): 7:34pm On Dec 16, 2014

@Airbornelacer
Trust me, nurrin ah wanna think of
wink
cheesy cheesy

@
1one
Cupidhero

((((Biiiggggg Huuugggggssssss)))))

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:36pm On Dec 16, 2014
cheesy cheesy So on POINT... A message should be easily read, understood n digested...
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by jnrbayano(m): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2014
cupidhero:

Haha! Just buy me bullet proof vest because them fit attack me anytime cos of that post. cool

No sane person should attack you.

That was a very matured post you've got there.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Dotwillis1(m): 7:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
kristina1:

Really?
Where exactly??
mobi area, very close to fiwasaye skul
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
Dotwillis1:
mobi area, very close to fiwasaye skul
Omg,datz my sec. scul
Are you still in akr?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ethiopian New Year On Monday, How It Is Celebrated (PHOTOS) / The Story Of Pablo Escobar / Nairaland Owner, Seun Osewa Begs For Twitter Verification; Confused Over Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.