Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,752 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing (4476 Views)

8 Things Nairalanders Should Start Doing / Annoying Things Nairalanders Do / Silly Things Nairalanders Do That Drive Me Crazy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 18, 2014
missterious:
Epaul, Your diary is yours & not mine. I'm sorry for criticizing it in public. I unfollowed it weeks ago. I should have left it at that. Just a quick question, do you talk like this in real life?
it's good enough i had frittered a few precious minutes replying your post. And that, my dear, is all i can afford you.
I've got more valauble things to do in real life.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 18, 2014
cupidhero:
Nairalanders should stop acting like bots, most nairalanders use the cliché "Do the needful" and i think those who love using big words when writing a dairy is just plain stupid. One dairy that jeninma shared some weeks back made mizmycoli's most formal epistle look so informal. Big words don't make you intelligent. Write to convey a sensible message instead of writing to impress the fans of Hon patrick obahiagbon. True intelligence starts with you not being a conformist. be yourself and stop sounding like a worthless piece of literary art.

I would have wanted to agree with you but stopped on a second thought , everyone has their own way of expressing themselves , some it could be in long epistles that they find satisfactory or some just like me speak in few words , its not right to criticize them or talk them down , everyone cannot be the same . But I agree on the fact that big words don't make you intelligent but neither do small words.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by naijaboiy: 9:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Epaul:

if shedding ones thoughts in ones choice words (accumulated from a patient period of study) is plain stupid, then you are blandly asinine since you are also fleshing your conjecture in your own choice words. Spare me the rabid comprehension argument. Who says avid readers don't figure sense in what we write. Only less than studious fellows find incubus making sense of our write-ups.
Come to think of it, a diary is for an audience of one. My diary is solely for me. Not for you to make a meal of. nosey-parker!

neither does using "small words" make you intelligent. Intelligence has zilch to do with a man's knack for the letters. Einstein, soyinka et al spoke and wrote in english every bit your idea of "big words", yet they were no less sapient than Achebe who wrote fairly simply.
One thing your ilks always fail to grasp before setting indolent thumbs to worn-out keypads to spew out flimflam is that every writer, every speaker has a distinct style of writing, of speaking the random readers/listeners will come to appreciate. Just time. No true writer deliberately sets out to impress. If you think it's relatively effortless to write in and speak with "big words" in a manner of speaking, try it and you will see how fatuous of a clown you will make of yourself.

permit me to borrow the words of the bible-holding, holy faves - if our gospel is lost, then it is lost to the unbelievers. If our messages are meaningless as it were to you, it only means you have a dearth of perspicacity. And you have a need to read more avidly to pick up more words. We weren't taught synonyms et al in school for the purpose of just to read and pass it. They were taught for some plausible reasons. And one of them is to equip you to comprehend write-ups like this, like mine.
It might interest you to know that while you might cavil at the lofty writing and speaking styles of soyinka and patrick obanhiagbo respectively, a few of us find them perfectly relaying meaningful messages. Nobody is impressing anybody's fan. We write sponteinously in 'big words' just like you write sponteinously in "small words". If writing sponteinously tantamounts to impressing Patrick's fans, then it is safe to conclude you are also impressing your patience Jonathan's fans..

and you are not a conformist? Why do write 'simply'? Are you not conforming to the popular trite notion that it is better to write simply? What does that make you? A non-conformist? If anything, you a conspicuous example of a conformist. True intelligence is certainly not your perquisite.
Yes, we sound like a wortheless piece of literary art for employing vocabs. And you sound like a lame pupil who just left primary school with no vocabs.
You snivelled in vacuity as if these so called "big words" are french words, that they are not in the dictionary. What i expect you to be pedant about is to spot out grammatical errors.
I'd be glad if you can confidently pin-point grammatical errors in what i have written since you seem to find fault as if there is a reward for it.

If you are as intelligent as you want to make your sheepish, suggestible disciples to believe, then you shouldn't be here writing about me. For intellgent folks discuss about anything but people

Cc: FrancisTony
missterious
See my Learned Colleague giving it out grin

I feel it's no fault of yours that you doll out 'big words' (as they put it). I guess you're used to it.

They wouldn't really understand that constant reading of those books unconsciously broadens your knowledge of use of english words.

Personally I chose not to be used to it,,except during mock cases in court. But I guess yours is different so ride on.

cool
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by JoeCutie(m): 9:58am On Dec 18, 2014
Epaul:

if shedding ones thoughts in ones choice words (accumulated from a patient period of study) is plain stupid, then you are blandly asinine since you are also fleshing your conjecture in your own choice words. Spare me the rabid comprehension argument. Who says avid readers don't figure sense in what we write. Only less than studious fellows find incubus making sense of our write-ups.
Come to think of it, a diary is for an audience of one. My diary is solely for me. Not for you to make a meal of. nosey-parker!

neither does using "small words" make you intelligent. Intelligence has zilch to do with a man's knack for the letters. Einstein, soyinka et al spoke and wrote in english every bit your idea of "big words", yet they were no less sapient than Achebe who wrote fairly simply.
One thing your ilks always fail to grasp before setting indolent thumbs to worn-out keypads to spew out flimflam is that every writer, every speaker has a distinct style of writing, of speaking the random readers/listeners will come to appreciate. Just time. No true writer deliberately sets out to impress. If you think it's relatively effortless to write in and speak with "big words" in a manner of speaking, try it and you will see how fatuous of a clown you will make of yourself.

permit me to borrow the words of the bible-holding, holy faves - if our gospel is lost, then it is lost to the unbelievers. If our messages are meaningless as it were to you, it only means you have a dearth of perspicacity. And you have a need to read more avidly to pick up more words. We weren't taught synonyms et al in school for the purpose of just to read and pass it. They were taught for some plausible reasons. And one of them is to equip you to comprehend write-ups like this, like mine.
It might interest you to know that while you might cavil at the lofty writing and speaking styles of soyinka and patrick obanhiagbo respectively, a few of us find them perfectly relaying meaningful messages. Nobody is impressing anybody's fan. We write sponteinously in 'big words' just like you write sponteinously in "small words". If writing sponteinously tantamounts to impressing Patrick's fans, then it is safe to conclude you are also impressing your patience Jonathan's fans..

and you are not a conformist? Why do write 'simply'? Are you not conforming to the popular trite notion that it is better to write simply? What does that make you? A non-conformist? If anything, you a conspicuous example of a conformist. True intelligence is certainly not your perquisite.
Yes, we sound like a wortheless piece of literary art for employing vocabs. And you sound like a lame pupil who just left primary school with no vocabs.
You snivelled in vacuity as if these so called "big words" are french words, that they are not in the dictionary. What i expect you to be pedant about is to spot out grammatical errors.
I'd be glad if you can confidently pin-point grammatical errors in what i have written since you seem to find fault as if there is a reward for it.

If you are as intelligent as you want to make your sheepish, suggestible disciples to believe, then you shouldn't be here writing about me. For intellgent folks discuss about anything but people

Cc: FrancisTony
missterious
OMG!!! shocked shocked shocked
Who's this guy? shocked cheesy

Hey Nairaland, a standing ovation for this guy, please. cheesy
Guy, you nailed it. In fact, you killed it & buried it in a coffin. I'm your No. 1 fan henceforth.
See... I'm coming for tutorials. You rock!

Buy you wicked oh... You wan mek the guy deactivate? Don't try it again oh. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 10:41am On Dec 18, 2014
Elantracey:

I would have wanted to agree with you but stopped on a second thought , everyone has their own way of expressing themselves , some it could be in long epistles that they find satisfactory or some just like me speak in few words , its not right to criticize them or talk them down , everyone cannot be the same . But I agree on the fact that big words don't make you intelligent but neither do small words.
I was blind! What should matter most in any piece of art should be the undiluted artistic expression of the artist. I'm actually into a genre of music that has the lowest number of audience in nigeria and that has never made me to switch to another genre with bigger followers. Every voice is worth a listener no matter how it sounds. I never realy saw it from his own angle sha and i only gave my negative view about it with including some of the advantages of using big words. I was not reffering to him though,but it is cool he spoke out for every big word user in nairaland. Some is his points made sense even though all he did was to paint his critics as a bunch of dumb teenagers. The truth is he does not even have the creative capacity of penning down a piece that is beyond my understanding. To each his own!
More love and less judgement! peace#
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by cupidhero(m): 11:05am On Dec 18, 2014
cool What happened to love?@vivly, you want eeppaul to bury me with english abi? Call missterious cos i'm not fit currently, got injured reading eeppauls reply. Over to you@missterious.
lol# I'm not in the mood for a debate now.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by missterious(f): 1:14am On Dec 19, 2014
Epaul:
it's good enough i had frittered a few precious minutes replying your post. And that, my dear, is all i can afford you.
I've got more valauble things to do in real life.

I can't come online & start an e-fight with a random nigga, I'd rather spend my time watching paint dry. I already apologized, Epaul. I know I would feel bad if someone called my diary annoying so I'm sure you felt bad too. I AM SORRY. It takes an enormous amount of guts to write epistles everyday with very big words & I admire you for doing your thing your own way. Now be a f#*kin grownup & move on too. Thanks. smiley

FrancisTony, you see wetin you cause. -__-

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 19, 2014
Fabdedon:
Englishmart pls take note grin grin

I saw your mention on your diary, regarding your question I don't think it would affect. My ticket from Lagos to Toronto had my first name spelt wrong, Olukunle instead of Olakunle. I was good, but if you still kinda troubled you can go to the airline's office and lodge your complaint, they might get it corrected.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Fabdedon(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2014
Amefrica:

I saw your mention on your diary, regarding your question I don't think it would affect. My ticket from Lagos to Toronto had my first name spelt wrong, Olukunle instead of Olakunle. I was good, but if you still kinda troubled you can go to the airline's office and lodge your complaint, they might get it corrected.
Thanks for the reply i have corrected it..!!
I dont wanna take chances.. thanks again smiley
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
Fabdedon:
Thanks for the reply i have corrected it..!!
I dont wanna take chances.. thanks again smiley

Welcome.
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Electronzeez(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
FrancisTony:

That quote/reply isn't directed at me.

I would never use a big word just to impress anyone not as if Epaul is trying to do so though.
My style of writing is okay to me.

you are very quick in pointing fingers when definition was given but apply the escape formular when epaul came around to kick you ning nongs.if there is any cause for altercation on this thread, it is simply because you instigated the hullabaloo.

You mentioned e-paul in conformity with the claptrap your anti-big grammar partner spew but shamefully burried your head by denying the fact that his reply was not directed to you.

If you have a one job, i would advise you get another to fill in the time used in throwing petulant speeches all around.
I'm not suprise to have caught you in this busy-body act,it was the same way you castigate kulboy when i wrote plausible lines to vote him, all in the name rooting naijaboi.

I'm not coming back here to reply you but i can promise you an ambush next time.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
Electronzeez:

you are very quick in pointing fingers when definition was given but apply the escape formular when epaul came around to kick you ning nongs.if there is any cause for altercation on this thread, it is simply because you instigated the hullabaloo.

You mentioned e-paul in conformity with the claptrap your anti-big grammar partner spew but shamefully burried your head by denying the fact that his reply was not directed to you.

If you have a one job, i would advise you get another to fill in the time used in throwing petulant speeches all around.
I'm not suprise to have caught you in this busy-body act,it was the same way you castigate kulboy when i wrote plausible lines to vote him, all in the name rooting naijaboi.

I'm not coming back here to reply you but i can promise you an ambush next time.
[size=50]K[/size]
Re: 10 Things Nairalanders Should Stop Doing by tosyne2much(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Electronzeez:

bros pls take it easy oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evolution Of A Medical Student Handwriting / Viviangist Is Stealing Nairalanders Post Without Permission / Beautiful Nigerian Girls Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.