Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,046 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Muslims: Are We Bad? - Islam for Muslims (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: Are We Bad? (25353 Views)

Poll: Are muslims bad?

Yes: 42% (20 votes)
No, maybe not: 57% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Just Came In ' What The Muslims Are Planning' / Muslims Are Leaving Niger Delta Over Militants Threat / How Many Types Of Muslims Are Mentioned In The Quran. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 03, 2006
Seun:

Muslims are not bad, but they need to learn how to interprete their scriptures in a more liberal manner.

This is the only intelligent posting not by a Christian in recent times.
The Muslims may need to ponder on this a while.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: Am trying to be moderate. Its hard work. Unlike you have it down packed. Someday, you will have to teach me your method. Have you heard about the Homosexual congressman after little boys? That's something, heh?

and so what?is homosexuality new?
wasn't Mohammed after little girls,what is the difference?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 03, 2006
mukina2:

babyosis is a christian on the net
no doubt a hater of Islam
and a hater of muslims
i don't hate her no do i hate her religion
i know it was her hateful comments that recruited a lot of people who claim to be holy christians.

Google Darfur Sudan and see what the arab muslims are doing daily to muslim black women like you in the name of allah.
Islam is evil,I still repeat.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by zebra(m): 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2006
Islam is more than evil; i support you.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by olabowale(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2006
@Babyosisi: You are a smart woman. Can you tell us, for sure that it is Islam that makes one Muslim kills another. Islam has nothing to do with this. God has commanded goodness between Muslims and even the extension of it to all creations, humans and others. The one who kills any muslim wil have his/her place in Hellfire. Indeed, the one who takes life, violating the soul of the deceased, that one, will have a place in hell! Such a person has violated the commandment of the Most Powerful.

The issue of Darfur, is not as easy and straight forward as you may think of it. Most people professes faith with their lips, but the actions show different. A good population of Muslims is unhappy and saddened, by the general conditions of mankind, the killing that are taking place in the muslim communities.

African killing Africans, B;acks on Blacks killing, individually or communually is bad. The iraqi or others killing each other/one another is terrible. I am a muslim, i detest death. This quality, i take from Muhammad (AS). he said that wishing death is forbidden.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: You are a smart woman. Can you tell us, for sure that it is Islam that makes one Muslim kills another. Islam has nothing to do with this. God has commanded goodness between Muslims and even the extension of it to all creations, humans and others. The one who kills any muslim wil have his/her place in Hellfire. Indeed, the one who takes life, violating the soul of the deceased, that one, will have a place in hell! Such a person has violated the commandment of the Most Powerful.

I am a muslim, i detest death. This quality, i take from Muhammad (AS). he said that wishing death is forbidden.

wishing death is forbideen but killing is not! When you read obviously contradictory and downright decietful posts such as these, you wonder if these people ever take the pains to read the quran they profess to follow! Where in the quran is the soul of man considered sacred? Is it not the same Allah who commanded the killing of Apes and Infidels?

Islam has nothing to do with a violence that is the bedrock of its philosophy?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mukina2: 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2006
babyosis you dont have to repeat urself,
i know what you are
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 9:43pm On Oct 03, 2006
JosBoy4Lif i take no effect to ur useless wish! wat more can superman say! but neither way i still wan vist kano and kaduna hope i dnt come across people like u!

sure there are good malams out there

god bless emm equal nigeria!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2006
mukina2:

babyosis you don't have to repeat yourself,
i know what you are

Bia, muki muki,what is your own?
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mukina2: 12:13am On Oct 04, 2006
well i just answered you thats all cool
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by dayokanu(m): 8:13am On Oct 04, 2006
Muslims are not bad except for the ones that thrive on terrorism recently hijacked a plane to protest Popes comment grin Indeed Islam is Pissfull a religion of piss only God knows what a religion of war would be like
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by nilla(f): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2006
Nilla don't let Madam holier than thou and masters hear this o

lol grin
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by eslynera(f): 10:17pm On Jan 09, 2007
i just heard/not only but i've also seen and experienced most of the people disturbed and involved in deamons and witchcraft are muslims. i'm not sayin this to offend the muslims in some way, but i't's what i've seen most of the times of my life. undecided
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by diyobdw(f): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2007
what undecided ! where have u being hanging?!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2007
diyobdw

baby is that u on ur profile
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by diyobdw(f): 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2007
imagine d rest, wink
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 11:10pm On Jan 11, 2007
haha thinkin! what inside hahaa just hate imaginin now
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mamaput(f): 10:12pm On Jan 13, 2007
superman:

haha thinkin! what inside hahaa just hate imaginin now

come do you smoke ibo
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 11:22pm On Jan 13, 2007
AND HOW DO U SMOKE IBO pls tell me
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mamaput(f): 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2007
in a paper or in a bottle am not with you
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by mukina2: 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2007
muslims are we bad?
hell no
we are just being misunderstood
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Eurphoria(f): 11:26pm On Jan 13, 2007
superman:

JosBoy4Lif i take no effect to your useless wish! what more can superman say! but neither way i still wan vist kano and kaduna hope i dnt come across people like u!

sure there are good malams out there

god bless emm equal nigeria!

see SUPPERDUMMY THERE IS NO WAY YOU ARE IN THE UK you can't even construct a sentence , you never make sense, you talk your own topic on all threads, you really are SUPERDUMMY according to my girl Radiant. I like the name it suits you
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 11:33pm On Jan 13, 2007
never knew we are in grammar school hmmm

na waoooo! i tire oo

im sure the nigerians are still laughin @ this eurowhore hahha

that dnt mean $hit u bloody slowpoke fark that haaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Eurphoria(f): 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2007
i know u coming to post more crap so nite nite lmao, i am sure these guys know you are an iliterate lmao grin talk to urself
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by superman(m): 11:38pm On Jan 13, 2007
i
know u coming to post more crap so night night lmao, i am sure these guys know you are an iliterate lmao talk to yourself

but the iliterate ehhh mm
THE NIGERIANS CNT BE FOOLED !

TRY AGAIN slowpoke

now u stuck im afraid u know. no let off
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nella(f): 12:47pm On Feb 24, 2007
@ the topic: Muslims r BAD!! infact they r EVIL!! more than EVIL!! all they know is Violence!!!
Muslims r Bad!!!!!
Mohammed fuked little Children!!!!! n yet u ask if Muslims r Bad?!?!?!? HELL YES!!!!
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by syrup(f): 12:58pm On Feb 24, 2007
Nella:

Muhammad fuked little Children!!!!! n yet u ask if Muslims r Bad?!?!?!? HELL YES!!!!

Muhammad did not do that to little Children. He had just one child bride, and not children.

There are a few well-educated Muslims who live very exemplary lives - morally and socially. Islam may be argued against by the very tenet preached in the Qur'an; but I don't think that people are bad just because they are Muslims.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nella(f): 8:12pm On Mar 01, 2007
u bet muslims r not bad!! just lyk d foto says!

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nella(f): 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2007
muslims r not bad, they just like killing people n being violent = THEY R BAD!!

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by abdkabir(m): 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2007
Totally overwhelmed by the huge response to this Thread.I don't even know how to start.

Here we have a thread filled with the Intellectuals reeling out their English and the non intellectuals expressing themselves. Interestingly, @ times the correct person necesarily doesn't have to be the Sophisticated one.

Perhaps tonnes of years Back, when ISlam was controlling the then civilised World, Islam wouldn't be viewed as it is Today. Attempting to interprete the Quran out of the context of the revelation of a verse is indeed very very unfair. I advise those who relish attacking Religion to do a proper & fair study of the religion rather than jump @ conclusions.

Interestingly 4 me, i do not blame 2 much the majority of those here accusing Islam, The media has greatly helped in causing this Misinformation. So has a group of non tolerant , violent people who call 'em selves Muslims.

4 me, i will remain a Muslim and my allegiance remains to One, The One of all Days, Lord of Incomparable Majesty, The Lord of Host, the Father of us all, God of abdkabir,Muhammed,Jesus et al, THe Supreme One without whom there's no Power. I take Joy in Sharing this truth with my Fellow Xtains and nowadays i rather share testimonies or miracles in our lives than argue .Because we get no where when we argue.THis has been my personal Experience.

I strongly advise anyone who wants to take a critical look at the Quran to be Fair and use Commentaries like "The Holy Quran by Yusuf Ali". U will indeed be doing some justice by consulting such a Interpretaion/Commentary , which attempts to paint the prevailing circumstances causing that Revelation.

The harunyahya website is also a nice site to visit, to know what Islam says about various contemporary issues(www.harunyahya.com).

Cheers.
Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by Nella(f): 8:56am On Mar 02, 2007
abdkabir:

Totally overwhelmed by the huge response to this Thread.I don't even know how to start.

Here we have a thread filled with the Intellectuals reeling out their English and the non intellectuals expressing themselves. Interestingly, @ times the correct person necesarily doesn't have to be the Sophisticated one.

Perhaps tonnes of years Back, when ISlam was controlling the then civilised World, Islam wouldn't be viewed as it is Today. Attempting to interprete the Quran out of the context of the revelation of a verse is indeed very very unfair. I advise those who relish attacking Religion to do a proper & fair study of the religion rather than jump @ conclusions.

Interestingly 4 me, i do not blame 2 much the majority of those here accusing Islam, The media has greatly helped in causing this Misinformation. So has a group of non tolerant , violent people who call 'em selves Muslims.

4 me, i will remain a Muslim and my allegiance remains to One, The One of all Days, Lord of Incomparable Majesty, The Lord of Host, the Father of us all, God of abdkabir,Muhammed,Jesus et al, THe Supreme One without whom there's no Power. I take Joy in Sharing this truth with my Fellow Xtains and nowadays i rather share testimonies or miracles in our lives than argue .Because we get no where when we argue.THis has been my personal Experience.

I strongly advise anyone who wants to take a critical look at the Quran to be Fair and use Commentaries like "The Holy Quran by Yusuf Ali". U will indeed be doing some justice by consulting such a Interpretaion/Commentary , which attempts to paint the prevailing circumstances causing that Revelation.

The harunyahya website is also a nice site to visit, to know what Islam says about various contemporary issues(www.harunyahya.com).

Cheers.

ok i agree wid d part about "a group of non tolerant , violent people who call 'em selves Muslims. but did u say , "use Commentaries like "The Holy Quran by Yusuf Ali". wats holy about d quran?? it's some piece of junk, that i will burn up if i find it in ma backyard! !!!!angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

look ya all don't try 2 decive any one!! " islam is not a religion of peace!" ( i didn't say that, some muslim guy on CNN said it, on one of those debations about islam)

Re: Muslims: Are We Bad? by syrup(f): 9:33am On Mar 02, 2007
Nella:

" islam is not a religion of peace!" ( i didn't say that, some muslim guy on CNN said it, on one of those debations about islam)

More and more intellectual Muslims are beginning to confess that Islam is not a religion of peace; and they speak thereto as a matter of its tenet rather than as one of recent events.

Islam is not the only religion that has been criticized. So many other religions have been slandered and blasphemed, and there have been bebates and dialogue to resolve issues rather than promote rancour. Admittedly, the slanders have not been abated by these efforts; yet people can move about their normal lives inspite of the unhappy situation.

However, a different response greets the situation when it comes to Islam. Just imagine for a few moments the reaction expressed by the following "peaceful" words: SLAY, BEHEAD, DEMOLITION, BUTCHER, ANNIHILATE, MASSACRE, EXTERMINATE. . . etc. Not to mention that Muslims who find such vocabulary expressive of "peace" are infact following the established doctrines of Muhammad in the Qur'an and the Hadith.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Sulaiman Abdulkarim Wins N19m At Dubai International Qur'anic Competition / It Is Haram To Celebrate New Years! / Is The Mark On Some People's Forehead A Sign Of Iman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.