Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,617 members, 7,823,702 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System (21752 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by lalasticlala(m): 9:35am On Dec 26, 2014
Yomieluv:
Window 8 has been one of my usage challenge..

Can't just fathom how people use it..

My HP window 8 is now for charging my phone,and watching film.

Too complicated.

really?
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 26, 2014
dats strange @op. am really enjoying my window 8. got it last January though .
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by kablooee: 9:37am On Dec 26, 2014
When you have a moderator that has no knowledge of the section. How can this be on the front page? Obviously Ops problem is hardware and usage not exactly Windows 8 issues. I've used Windows forn2years now and never got one BSOD.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 26, 2014
Windows 7 all the way.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by dwebdesign(m): 9:41am On Dec 26, 2014
only an uneducated mind will hate windows 8, if you system is getting hot, which processor are you using, intel or amd, amd processors get your system boiling. if your system hangs, check programs you have installed. windows 8 is far better that windows 7. its just if you are not educated enough, you can't use it due to it been very technical.

1 Like

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 26, 2014
iykpeterz:
I Wonder why Win 7 is far more better than Win 8, with one thinking Win 8 would be better off Win 7....
1ST....Blue Screen Of Death...This occurs when am busy with 2 or more programs or insert a usb and working with it over 5mins...it hangs with a blue screen and restarts...
2nd....Mouse cursor hanging...I dont know wat causes it buh d cursor just stays *pako*.
3rd....Irregular hotness of Tha System which will cook life chicken
4th.....Oversabi of programs ...and at the end na network hanging
5th....Itz just lyk may i naq am for wall...
#FuckWindow8.....#IMissYouWindow7...

sell am go buy Windows XP na

1 Like

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by elmisti(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2014
op, just downgrade the system to window7, i personally dont like windows8 cus of its lack of controle online, the thing can fit update anything wiyhout asking you. and the shit can fit consume data.. bro abeg windows7 na hin dey suitable for 9ja jare, buh if na outside i dey, i no fit use anytn excpt 8 oo
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 26, 2014
the OP most likely upgraded his OS to a crack version of windows 8. Your system is not compatible with the program. I use windows 8.1 and it works flawlessly. Far superior to windows 7.

1 Like

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by abhosts(m): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2014
Windows 8 is awful with low spec hardware. Avoid low end laptops and netbooks that run on windows 8.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by benkings(m): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2014
Op be using refurbished laptop and complaining bout windows 8....smh

2 Likes

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by watchindelta(m): 9:45am On Dec 26, 2014
am using win7 n I luv it but I never try win8 thought.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Vicotex(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2014
wallflower:

How so?
I'm currently running LINUX MINT 17 qaina.
And UBUNTU 14.4 LTS trusty thar and i have no problem with both linux OS. And for your info UBUNTU 14.10>> Win8.x
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2014
iykpeterz:
I Wonder why Win 7 is far more better than Win 8, with one thinking Win 8 would be better off Win 7....
1ST....Blue Screen Of Death...This occurs when am busy with 2 or more programs or insert a usb and working with it over 5mins...it hangs with a blue screen and restarts...
2nd....Mouse cursor hanging...I dont know wat causes it buh d cursor just stays *pako*.

Young man, answer the following questions.

1. Did you buy a New pc or 2nd hand? If its the latter, you have yourself to blame and not windows.

2. The Window 8 on your pc, is it an upgrade from window 7? If yes, you have yourself to blame.

I don't have any problem with mine cos I bought new, which came with my pc.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by TheRealCoolHunK: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2014
You're welcome to join us in the mac club.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2014
benkings:
Op be using refurbished laptop and complaining bout windows 8....smh
i tire o
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by mirabilisjalapa: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2014
Ignorance!
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by amarawa: 9:50am On Dec 26, 2014
I have had to downgrade many systems from win 8 to 7. Win 8 sucks.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by festwiz(m): 9:52am On Dec 26, 2014
iykpeterz:
Guy, maybe ur system can't handle it. Don't come here posting rubbish. I use a HP Envy m6 with Windows 8. It's spec sheet

-15.6 in screen with a res of 1336×768
-full backlit keyboard with numpad
-2.6GHZ quad core processor i.e Core i5
-6Gb of ram
-2GB dedicated radeon graphics card all games handle perfectly
-3 USb 3.0 port and 1 Usb 2.0 port

And many more

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by heemah(f): 9:53am On Dec 26, 2014
I also experience the same problem...The most annoying is d mouse hanging issh...And wen i took it to a PC clinic, was told I 'll have to change the battery and upgrade the anti virus...After doing that nko? Same issh!!!
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by miqos02(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2014
upgrade to windows 8.1

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Saintly01(m): 9:54am On Dec 26, 2014
You are quite funny, charging phones and watching movies, well you are not different from many other laptop users.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Lovexme(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2014
You'd have to embrace Windows 8 sooner or later. New OSes are released and older ones would be phased out.

Maybe the specs of the laptop is lower compared to the work you carry out on it.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by miqos02(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2014
heemah:
I also experience the same problem...The most annoying is d mouse hanging issh...And wen i took it to a PC clinic, was told I 'll have to change the battery and upgrade the anti virus...After doing that nko? Same issh!!!
try to get original charger
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2014
Am using Acer aspire E 11
Intel celeron (2.41GHz)
2GB DDR3 memory
320GB HDD
Window 8.1 build 9600
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2014
Some things OP Mentioned are very true.

I bought my HP Laptop New, Last year and at the early stage the BSOD and some WATCH_dog_violation error kept tormenting me..

I also had compatibility issues with many programs.

My advice OP if you are a heavy software using the likes of REVIT2014,Phoenix,ORION,Modem Softwares etc usually cause this issues.

Trust me If your windows 8 is just for MS word,browsing and watching films,you won't have complains yet.

or better still GET Win 8.1
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by buoye1(m): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2014
Windows7 far better for me....Windows 8 only sweet of touch screen systems
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by cao(f): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2014
festwiz:
Guy, maybe ur system can't handle it. Don't come here posting rubbish. I use a HP Envy m6 with Windows 8. It's spec sheet

-15.6 in screen with a res of 1336×768
-full backlit keyboard with numpad
-2.6GHZ quad core processor i.e Core i5
-6Gb of ram
-2GB dedicated radeon graphics card all games handle perfectly
-3 USb 3.0 port and 1 Usb 2.0 port

And many more

**Quietly sings several sea shanties**

Anywho, I personally don't have Windows 8, but I've used it and 8.1 at work, my main issue with it is Microsoft insistence of creating a touch interface friendly OS, forgetting about the key fact that not everybody uses touch interface. In fact even their ads say it "...an OS designed for touch*" which usually ends with me screaming about how I don't have touch interface.

*I'm paraphrasing here, I'm not going to look for the advert.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2014
Windows 8 and 8.1 are drastically inferior to windows 7

wifi problems with windows 8.1/8 (windows 7 connects quicker and doesnt get the errors)
windows 8/8.1 still lack the original start button- 2 clicks to shut down for windows 7 but windows 8 is wahala with the swiping to the right
tile news update in windows 8/8.1 chops unnecessary data

in short, windows 8.1/8 is windows 7 with tiles and unnecessary swiping and graphics
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by BLACKKYBOY(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2014
Hello,both window are perfectly oky,if u can't understand system msg,there is no way u can enjoy ,u talk abt blue screen,it occur when u remove d ubs without proper eject,sumtime pple shutdown systen 4rm d button ,on win8 doin dt d OS corupt,even suntime HHD spoil,n wen u say is hot,check d system it shuld b AMD ,AMD here in Nig isn't gud,instead get Intel pentium,if 2 hot paste ur processoor.......Immatech 08033654833
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Cation(m): 10:00am On Dec 26, 2014
edy4u:
It's also depends more on the hardware. I'm using Windows 8 with Samsung series 3 notebook, 4g/750g hdd and core i5 and I'm enjoying it to the full.
My advice is, check your hardware, they are definitely fault in your hardware as you are experiencing blue screen
. True talk maybe he should try this our 6g/750 hdd + core i5 plus my own get touch screen but the mouse never hang,as for the hotness try to make sure ur hp coolsense is on always
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by clemz85(m): 10:01am On Dec 26, 2014
Op I rock win8, is just d same for me
though I agree on complicated settings,
but it cool if understand it
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by ClintonNzedimma(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Bill Gates is seeing you in 4D

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Bypass Password On Laptop / How Temporarily Disable Computer From Working? / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.