Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System (21746 Views)

7 Important Things You Should Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Major Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop / Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by just2endowed: 10:10am On Dec 26, 2014
Am currently running three Operating system in a single computer: window8,window7 and Ubuntu. Triboot rocks.... I make sure I don't miss anything
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by drey08(m): 10:12am On Dec 26, 2014
Same here I use HP 2000
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by EmmyDe25(m): 10:14am On Dec 26, 2014
Windows 7 better than 8? What planet are you living in?

1 Like

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Edusouls(m): 10:18am On Dec 26, 2014
downgrade to windows 7 it is the best windows made by microsoft,windows 8 is an operating system mainly suited for soft touch pads, windows phones,tablets, it is has a poor user experience in pc's.., wimdows 8 is windows best suited for touch screen technology,and that's why it didn't last in the market, now microsoft is developing windows 9..
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2014
Mtchew. I still don't get why people find Windows 8 difficult to operate.

#TeamWindows8
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by cahrym(m): 10:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Jregz:
I hate windows 8
Not only you my brother.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by LadyH(f): 10:33am On Dec 26, 2014
lmao... i can imagine dis guy's frustration...
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by greggng: 10:34am On Dec 26, 2014
iykpeterz:
How could i search for the malware or the crap

you dont ve to be afraid. i will sell a karpasky internet security key for atoken of 6k for a one year key. This will save you the trouble. watsapp me if you need it 08062593234. Alternatively you can use google and try free ones first but i doubt if they can help you
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by osamaBUSH(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2014
iykpeterz:
I Wonder why Win 7 is far more better than Win 8, with one thinking Win 8 would be better off Win 7....
1ST....Blue Screen Of Death...This occurs when am busy with 2 or more programs or insert a usb and working with it over 5mins...it hangs with a blue screen and restarts...
2nd....Mouse cursor hanging...I dont know wat causes it buh d cursor just stays *pako*.
3rd....Irregular hotness of Tha System which will cook life chicken
4th.....Oversabi of programs ...and at the end na network hanging
5th....Itz just lyk may i naq am for wall...
#FuckWindow8.....#IMissYouWindow7...
Stop dis ur story nd go buy better system.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by ajigbotosho(m): 10:47am On Dec 26, 2014
Please don't regret, get to know how to use it
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Cooluche: 10:49am On Dec 26, 2014
Just like the other person said, it depends on your hardware. I have been using Windows 8.1 and I'm enjoying it
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Sunnybabe(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2014
many people usually complain on this window 8 that they dont like it

for me i prefer it to win 7

1 Like

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2014
ireneony:
op try and update your phone to window 8.1
go to setting, you will see phone update.
then check for update.
ever since i updated my window 8.0 to window 8.1 it has become easier to use

It's PC not phone
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Chukky86: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2014
@ Op I guess you bought a system with AMD processor, you get that hotness when there is no way for the pc to cool down, that is why your pc keeps hanging. Get an extra external cooling fan for laptop. Thank me later. Laptops with amd comes cheap, always go for intel.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by abatically(m): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2014
This is just like someone using a low spec tecno phone and when the phone lags he blames android kit Kat for it.

1 Like

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Pajames4all: 11:30am On Dec 26, 2014
what happen
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by kunlexiest: 11:41am On Dec 26, 2014
try windows 8.1 it rocks
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Fawklicant: 11:42am On Dec 26, 2014
iykpeterz:
I Wonder why Win 7 is far more better than Win 8, with one thinking Win 8 would be better off Win 7....
1ST....Blue Screen Of Death...This occurs when am busy with 2 or more programs or insert a usb and working with it over 5mins...it hangs with a blue screen and restarts...
2nd....Mouse cursor hanging...I dont know wat causes it buh d cursor just stays *pako*.

Your system was probably upgraded. I have been using win 8 for like 2 yes now and it is the best. Never had a blue screen, mouse cursor never hung for once and I am a multitasker. Your system hardware specs may be too low for win8. Mine came with win7 and I upgraded it myself. I am sure you will have a better experience with another system. Try to downgrade yours to win7, who knows, u may still continue experiencing same issues.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by lion042(m): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2014
You can still format your laptop and install window7, that's what i did to my own laptop and its working normal
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by heemah(f): 11:54am On Dec 26, 2014
miqos02:
try to get original charger
my charger is original cuz the system is new...
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2014
Lexusgs430:
Simply Downgrade to windows 7. #teamwindows7

Is it possible to do a downgrade?

I upgraded my win7 to 8, now I'm in so much regrets.
It makes my laptop battery heat up, initially I thought it was a battery pro and then I changed the battery but it continued..
Now, the laptop will just come up and after displaying some error messages, it shuts down on its own.. sad
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Misogynist2014(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
I use Windows 8.1 on my Sony Vaio and I love it. Gets easily hot though.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by whyx06(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
I, also prefer w7. But glory b to my luvly bro in OAUife dat inspire me to w8

Window 8 rock......
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by deuce7(m): 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
Please don't mislead people. Windows 8 is very good. I think you have mastered windows 7 that's why you are keen on it. Am so enjoying my windows 8 like kilode. I believe with time you will get used to it and it's improved abilities.

About the problems you are having, I think your system has a problem not the OS.

1 Like

Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Please, someone should answer me cry
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Lexusgs430: 12:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
Tashamania:

Is it possible to do a downgrade?

I upgraded my win7 to 8, now I'm in so much regrets.
It makes my laptop battery heat up, initially I thought it was a battery pro and then I changed the battery but it continued..
Now, the laptop will just come up and after displaying some error messages, it shuts down on its own.. sad

Not all laptops can upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 without issues. System requirements and upgrade rights are imperative, to avoid conflicts between the hardware and software.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Lexusgs430: 12:07pm On Dec 26, 2014
Tashamania:
Please, someone should answer me cry

Best to get a Windows 7 installation disc and re-install. Make sure all important drivers and files are backed up.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Best to get a Windows 7 installation disc and re-install. Make sure all important drivers and files are backed up.
But the laptop displays error messages and then shuts down..
Is it still possible to do a downgrade?
I know nothing about these stuffs embarassed
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Lexusgs430: 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
Tashamania:

But the laptop displays error messages and then shuts down..
Is it still possible to do a downgrade?
I know nothing about these stuffs embarassed

Switch your pc from BIOS to boot from CD. Get a windows 7 restore/re-installation disc and repair.
NB: After all drivers and data backup, get a diskwipe software, wipe ssd or hdd to clean state and re-install windows 7(this is the process I would undertake, to get rid of all traces of windows 8.
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by inereunwa1(m): 12:31pm On Dec 26, 2014
My window 8 has the same fault like that of op sometine it will just bring out the 'help' features on any programe i opened now the keyboard and mouse are no longer working i now use external mouse and on screen keyboard. I have formatted it and installed anti virus no way. My system is toshiba satellite 2gig ram 500 hdd comes with window 8
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Switch your pc from BIOS to boot from CD. Get a windows 7 restore/re-installation disc and repair.
NB: After all drivers and data backup, get a diskwipe software, wipe ssd or hdd to clean state and re-install windows 7(this is the process I would undertake, to get rid of all traces of windows 8.
Ok thanks!
I'll have to get someone to do it for me..
Re: My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System by kingpheenix(m): 12:36pm On Dec 26, 2014
iykpeterz:
dude I think its ur hardware dats the problem not the windows8 cos am really enjoying mine it runs smoothly #teamwindows8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Bypass Password On Laptop / How Temporarily Disable Computer From Working? / 6 Things To Consider Before Buying A Laptop In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.