Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor (7854 Views)

Monster Car I Saw In Newcastle, United Kingdom Today / Ford F150 Gearbox Problem: Advice Needed Pls / Know A Ford Mechanic And Genuine Parts Dealer In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by xerotop(m): 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2014
I drive an '05 Ford F150 5.4L triton SOHC which roars cos of my tuned exhaust system.

Two days ago on my way from bauchi to abuja, i saw this wownderful beast/machine black on black in the hazy weather of jos plateau state very early morning.
I was so carried away i could not take pix. Am so sorry for that.

Reason it got my attention so much was that, i have made so much research on the SVT raptor and saved so much pix of it on my fone.but i have never seen one around me.

My intention was to use my 05 f150 for 2 years and buy the 2012/2013 SVT raptor. My f150 is just 6 months old and i feel like throwing away the keys. grin
Has any1 seen this beast lately?
Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by sultaan(m): 2:04am On Dec 17, 2014
You are getting into an exclusive territory when it comes to full size pick ups Raptor is just made for brute power you can haul if you have to but people just use it to oppress the road and what ever is on it. If you drive a Raptor the fuel economy is not something you have in consideration.

Don't try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdlXvbWSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwR0aC9BSG0

The thing about pulls is the truck with the highest low end torque wins.

An old I6 cherokee might beat some of this trucks because if it gets enough torque to pull at 2000rpm once the tires slip your opponent can't do anything but wait for you to stop so he gets his traction back

1 Like

Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 17, 2014
I see it regularly on Lagos Island but meanwhile, the Bauchi-Abuja journey, was it done with that 5.4L Ford?
Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 17, 2014
The latest f150 raptor is what my boss at works drive. A lot of colleague at work drive the f150 and dodge ram due to the nature of our job, they handle well in mud, snow and other rough terrain.
Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by xerotop(m): 8:03am On Dec 17, 2014
sultaan:
You are getting into an exclusive territory when it comes to full size pick ups Raptor is just made for brute power you can haul if you have to but people just use it to oppress the road and what ever is on it. If you drive a Raptor the fuel economy is not something you have in consideration.
Don't try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdlXvbWSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwR0aC9BSG0
The thing about pulls is the truck with the highest low end torque wins.
An old I6 cherokee might beat some of this trucks because if it gets enough torque to pull at 2000rpm once the tires slip your opponent can't do anything but wait for you to stop so he gets his traction back

You are very right bro. The truck is goin to be for show off and oppresion. Even my regular f150 has only serve weekend purposes like hanging out /church and pleasures.a few long distance trips also like 4 times in d past six months.
As for fueling, it shares same mpg with most vehicles with such engine size.11/15/13 which is 6.2L
Mpg on my f150 is estimated at 13/17. But i get 12+ /16

Bossforeva:
I see it regularly on Lagos Island but meanwhile, the Bauchi-Abuja journey, was it done with that 5.4L Ford?

Yes boss. It was the 5.4L on duty den
Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 17, 2014
xerotop:

You are very right bro. The truck is goin to be for show off and oppresion. Even my regular f150 has only serve weekend purposes like hanging out /church and pleasures.a few long distance trips also like 4 times in d past six months.
As for fueling, it shares same mpg with most vehicles with such engine size.11/15/13 which is 6.2L
Mpg on my f150 is estimated at 13/17. But i get 12+ /16

Yes boss. It was the 5.4L on duty den
So bro, bout how much was spent on Fuel?
Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by xerotop(m): 10:38am On Dec 17, 2014
Bossforeva:
So bro, bout how much was spent on Fuel?

Bauchi - abuja takes me abt 4hrs45mins. Reason? I dnt do more than 110 km/hr.
I had a full tank of 102ltrs when i left bauchi and came back with around quarter tank. From my calculation if am correct, i think i used around 70/75 litres for my 9hr journey.
Well if u ask me, not bad i will say.

Note:
I drive against traffic all thru my journey. So no hold up except check points.
Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 17, 2014
xerotop:

Bauchi - abuja takes me abt 4hrs45mins. Reason? I dnt do more than 110 km/hr.
I had a full tank of 102ltrs when i left bauchi and came back with around quarter tank. From my calculation if am correct, i think i used around 70/75 litres for my 9hr journey.
Well if u ask me, not bad i will say.

Note:
I drive against traffic all thru my journey. So no hold up except check points.

Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by Marpol: 1:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
The truck is a beast!

1 Share

Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by Gee2728(m): 8:36pm On Dec 17, 2014
Have seen one @ idu industrial layout abuja. Its a mean machine!!!!!
Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by xerotop(m): 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
Marpol:
The truck is a beast!

Honestly these pix didnt do justice to dis beast.
The 1 i saw that hazy morning looked like an apache helicopter.
Wider tyres and beautiful fog and day running lights.
The only things i did not see were the machine guns grin

1 Like

Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 18, 2014
Was able to snap the pix of my managers Raptor SVT. I was told he paid $80,000 for the truck.

Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by RipVanWink: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2014
i kinda still prefer the 2013 toyota tundra

1 Like

Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by lungwun(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2014
RipVanWink:

Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
RipVanWink:

Abatically, come see another Toyota fan grin

1 Like

Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by komekn(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2014
Lekki phase 1, I have seen a metallic blue one.
Re: Saw A Ford F150 SVT Raptor by clemz85(m): 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2014
Raptor is one mob I have never seen without a spectacular design, I dread that mob

(1) (Reply)

Ops! My Car Now Overheats After Gasket Change! / Toyota Corolla Vibrating While Idle. Help!!! / How To Check Whether Your Car Tires Are Expired Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.