Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,445 members, 7,826,713 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC (12155 Views)

Breaking: Pdp Spent 10 Million Dollars To Make It Rain In Lagos Today – Apc / What Olamide (badoo) Said Today @ APC RALLY / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Chooses Pastor Yemi Osinbajo As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by bugs1: 6:45am On Dec 17, 2014
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari, will today announce his running-mate at a press conference that is likely be at the party’s national secretariat, Abuja.

The national chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun made this known yesterday in Abuja in the course of the meeting of the party’s National Working Committee where the issue of the APC presidential running mate was being discussed.

The meeting which began around 6pm had a short break during which Oyegun spoke with the journalists at the secretariat.

Responding to a question why the party is delaying announcing the name of the Buhari’s running mate, Oyegun said, “It is not delay. The candidate will speak with you people. The party has consulted with the candidate and we have reached some agreement and he will address you on it.

” The NWC meeting was the continuation of the meeting which began at the Rivers State Governor’s Lodge in Asokoro, Abuja, where a committee was set up to search for the best candidate to complement Buhari.

The seven-member committee headed by Chief Tony Momoh was set up were representatives from each zone of the country.

They are Chief Bisi Akande (South-West), Senator Chris Ngige (South-East), Senator Danjuma Goje (North-East), Chief Audu Ogbe (North-Central), Chief Sam Jaja (South-South) and Governor Yari Abubakar (North-West).

On the list are Governors Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Adams Oshiomhole (Edo) and a former Lagos State Attorney- General and Commissioner for Justice, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.

Others whose names came up were former governors Dr. Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti State), former Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola (Osun State), Senator Olorunnmbe Mamora and former governor Adeniyi Adebayo (Ekiti State).

The committee has submitted its report to the NWC who would recommend three names to Buhari in order of preference and it is the name that would be made known today.

“One thing I can categorically tell you now is the party would not feature a Muslim/Muslim ticket and we are open to three zones in the South, who gets the nod would be announced tomorrow,” a member of the party NWC told our correspondent.
http://leadership.ng/news/395735/buharill-announce-running-mate-today-apc

http://monitor9ja.com/2014/12/buhari-chooses-running-mate-today-apc/
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by brightlomo(m): 6:49am On Dec 17, 2014
we are waiting for them. GMB for 2015. whaoooo first to comment. I see GMB emerge winner come 2015. Gbam

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 17, 2014
Hope it will be the right candidate. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by lokito: 6:56am On Dec 17, 2014
If he likes let him choose Obama

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Brightology2(m): 7:02am On Dec 17, 2014
He is known as a failure. N so shall He be. In the name of allah. Quote me n die young

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 17, 2014
Itz non other than RAJI FASHOLA,for those of you that knows more of politics would agree with me that his vice is the current Lagos state governor.

But they would still lose out....Gen M.Buhari cannot win a L.G election anymore, nt to think/talk of presidential election.

Over N20B that they just want to waste via campaign & bribery,should have been channelled to education,health,sme loans to 10,000+ entrepreneurs,or donate it to unicef.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by freshness2020: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2014
Story!
Just keep deceiving urselves!
Whether ♈όϋ choose Osibanjo or obosanjo, Buhari can or will never be a threat to our noble party the PDP!

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Blackchampion(m): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2014
And kasala go burst today too
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by iyeminifie: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2014
We dey Wait o, Hoping dey've not removed my name sha

1 Like

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by html14java(f): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2014
Iffahear
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by thefakestan: 7:03am On Dec 17, 2014
We don't die we Multiply! Thanks to MOD for blocking the other of my account, I like this one better

According to this then I guess Fashola is out,
Quite unfortunate!
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by babyfun(f): 7:03am On Dec 17, 2014
Make he come carry my papa, we need that national cake for our family

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by dj187: 7:04am On Dec 17, 2014
His running mate? Hope it will be Usain bolt or Carl lewis

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Ptoocool(m): 7:04am On Dec 17, 2014
Who's clamourinq for α runninq mate??
No election cum 2015, na results we dey wait..

Election wey GEJ don win or anoda??
No waste ur vote oo or bera still no comot ur house qo spread yoself insyd sun ontop say u wan cast ur vote..

Who no knw qo knw, who no wan hear qo hear am..
Ma broda, na #9ja we dey oo..

God bless ma kontri..

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by moderattor: 7:04am On Dec 17, 2014
Please ignore any rumours that I am being considered for the position of vice president for the All Progressive Congress.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by born2fuckpussy: 7:04am On Dec 17, 2014
Sai Buhari
Sai Born2fuck.

I do not know reason why Goodluck Jonathan even have to contest in the first place? I would have prefer if PDP could produce another Candidate, this man turn Goodluck to Badluck, everyday bombing from different countries against Nigeria, we have lost countless of Civilians, This war even worst than Biafra because we do not who to fight. They keep shouting,boko haram! Bokoharam!!
Can we identify one by ourselves if we see him/her, do they write boko haram on forehead? This war is like the nation against the spirit living among their brothers, since jonathan fail to close to winning the war; better he should have even resign before the election date. Just because we want embezzlement continuation for another 4 years, we want to kill another millions of Nigeria, I figured probably 10 millions of us have gone out of 150 millions already with about our countless girls being kidnap and raped by boko haram, this one even torch my heart most because I love sex and boko haram stop by intimate adventure to Kano 2 years ago after my friend told me hotel is 1k and we will be intimate with them countless of Aboki girls per day. Chai, he no go better boko haram

If though I collapse that day,
I go press my finger for APC.
Sai Buhari
Sai Born2fuck

And Goodluck jonathan should resign,because him dey make me vex.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Firefire(m): 7:05am On Dec 17, 2014
Goodluck to him and them.
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by EdwardRandy(m): 7:05am On Dec 17, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by laplace12(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2014
It is going to be Tinubu. And I wonder who's gonna vote that combo.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Firefire(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2014
EdwardRandy:
Even if he chooses me as his running mate he will still fail as usual grin grin

I beg naa, why are you associating yourself with failure undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Isiterere(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2014
suspense at it's peak.
Surely it will be revealed one day.

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by mistabiola: 7:06am On Dec 17, 2014
YOU DONT NEED TO BE A GRADUATE TO KNOW THAT;
*I'm not going to vote for someone who once had no shoes and school bags as a student but now has lots of shoes and bags but made students go on strike for about Eight (cool months. *NEVER, am not going to vote for someone who could not rescue about 230 school girls but still has plan to rule a country of about 200million people.

*NEVER, am not going to vote for a grown up man who took advice from a 17year old girl (pakistan little girl) before he could make his own decision.

*NEVER, Am not going to vote for a black commander of Army who brought white marine soldiers to do his job for him and still yet nothing was done.

*NEVER, Am not going to vote for a government who could not provide job for my elder sister who has a Master Degree.

*NEVER, am not going to vote for a man that Boko Haram are killing his own people everyday and has no plan on how to stop the killing but can’t wait a minute when military took over power in Burkina Faso, he went there to stop the killing over there in Burkina Faso but could not stop the killing in his country.

*Finally am not going to vote for anybody who needs One Billion American Dollar to solve an Insurgency (Boko Haram) while the ordinary man on the street no even get (#100) hundred naira to eat.

You can scold me for speaking the truth, dont forget the truth is bitter. All we need is CHANGE and nothing else…. Please we all need to get our (PVC) Permanent Voters Card to vote this Clueless, Visionless and Wicked Government of Goodluck Ebola Jonathan (GEJ) out power. Another four years of Jonathan will be doom for us. Please dont sell your vote cause the money they will offer you can not sustain you for another four years. We should all stand up and say Capital NO to Jonathan.

Why Is GEJ Re-contesting?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-ll-not-contest-2015-
election-jonathan/#sthash.uVqCgop4.gbpl

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 17, 2014
Fashola will be the best option for me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Hammefeez: 7:07am On Dec 17, 2014
wait......just to book my space..lolz

now to the topic...

Who is GMB running mate should not be the issue now, i think the real buisness is to remove GEJ and put GMB in the office...with our vote... What influence has Sambo presence quonote in GEJ administration? Though i 'm not supporting dull/dumb VP for GMB ooo but, we should not let this affect our matching towards secured future for our children yet unborn. #Change is inevitable.

lol.....But dont change your wife ooo...lolzz

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by courage54(m): 7:07am On Dec 17, 2014
Good

Pair Buhari with an herbalist I will still vote for HIM.

IN BUHARI I TRUST FOR A CORRUPT FREE NIGERIA.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by chamboy(m): 7:07am On Dec 17, 2014
Happy Birthday Pa Muhammadu Buhari (d People's General)

1 Like

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Descartes: 7:07am On Dec 17, 2014
Till then smiley

The committee has submitted its report to the NWC who would recommend three names to Buhari in order of preference and it is the name that would be made known today.

Hmmm... in order of preference? undecided
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by CircleOfWilis: 7:07am On Dec 17, 2014
If he picks amaechi history will repeat itself, just like Yaradua/Gej ticket ...Presidency may soon go back to south-south
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by Barselonia(m): 7:08am On Dec 17, 2014
there they comes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by jackjohnson(m): 7:08am On Dec 17, 2014
Congratulations to Rivers State Governor. I don't Support APC anyway
Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by deebee13(f): 7:09am On Dec 17, 2014
Running mate or losing mate! Buhari should be enjoying time out with his children and grandchildren at 72. We don't need one more president dying in Aso Rock!!! Agbaya!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Chooses Running Mate Today – APC by dj187: 7:09am On Dec 17, 2014
EdwardRandy:
Even if he chooses me as his running mate he will still fail as usual grin grin
see as u take ur hand curse urself, no blame anybody if failure pack all him load come meet u o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Assembly Begins Yari’s Impeachment As DSS Arrests Speaker, Others / Nigeria Now Pumping 2.1m Barrels Of Oil Per Day, Says NNPC – The Cable / Gbajabiamila: Sanwo-Olu Is Doing Well, I’ve No Plan To Unseat Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.