Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) (1406 Views)

The Crimes Of Buhari - Wole Soyinka / The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka. / The Crimes Of Buhari - Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 17, 2014
The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.

Buhari – need one remind anyone - was one of the generals who treated a Commission of Enquiry, the Oputa Panel, with unconcealed disdain. Like Babangida and Abdusalami, he refused to put in appearance even though complaints that were tabled against him involved a career of gross abuses of power and blatant assault on the fundamental human rights of the Nigerian citizenry.

Prominent against these charges was an act that amounted to nothing less than judicial murder, the execution of a citizen under a retroactive decree. Does Decree 20 ring a bell? If not, then, perhaps the names of three youths - Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26) do. To put it quite plainly, one of those three – Ogedengbe - was executed for a crime that did not carry a capital forfeit at the time it was committed. This was an unconscionable crime, carried out in defiance of the pleas and protests of nearly every sector of the Nigerian and international community – religious, civil rights, political, trade unions etc. Buhari and his sidekick and his partner-in-crime, Tunde Idiagbon persisted in this inhuman act for one reason and one reason only: to place Nigerians on notice that they were now under an iron, inflexible rule, under governance by fear.

The execution of that youthful innocent – for so he was, since the punishment did not exist at the time of commission - was nothing short of premeditated murder, for which the perpetrators should normally stand trial upon their loss of immunity. Are we truly expected to forget this violation of our entitlement to security as provided under existing laws? And even if our sensibilities have become blunted by succeeding seasons of cruelty and brutality, if power itself had so coarsened the sensibilities also of rulers and corrupted their judgment, what should one rightly expect after they have been rescued from the snare of power” At the very least, a revaluation, leading hopefully to remorse, and its expression to a wronged society. At the very least, such a revaluation should engender reticence, silence. In the case of Buhari, it was the opposite. Since leaving office he has declared in the most categorical terms that he had no regrets over this murder and would do so again.

Read More: http://saharareporters.com/2007/01/14/crimes-buhari-wole-soyinka
Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2014
Cool
Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by chupcake(m): 7:22am On Dec 17, 2014
I don't think we need to go that far in history to read out the crimes of GEJ...

1 Like

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by bisten14: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2014
Oga Wole sorry no amount of blackmail n malicious attacks can make us stop loving GMB. All his crimes cannot never be compared to what this dumbo did to Nija.
#onlychangeweaskfor

2 Likes

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by Lumyboi(m): 7:37am On Dec 17, 2014
Some clowns want to make GMB look bad. We know the truth abeg. Oputa panel Ko! What was the outcome of the panel if I may ask.
Apart Frm Wole Soyinka criticizing everyone what has he done to improve Nigeria. Or u tnk na jst talking and talkin go help us. Dey ur lane abeg
As for Jonathan and pdp , it's a total waste of time arguing that his and their govt is a failure as even a mentally challenged person should knw
Imagine calling idiagbon a criminal(partner in crime) I doubt this is Frm Soyinka anyway

1 Like

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by jasper7(m): 7:43am On Dec 17, 2014
No denying that Buhari holds no value to human lives. All his statements show it. It's understandable given that he is ex-military. What wole soyinka said is true. It's a fact. It's good we know what we are going into before we cast our votes.
Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by oddy4real(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2014
And this is the man these APC people want me to vote for as President?

GEJ till 2019 abeg. Like this post if you agree

4 Likes

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by jasper7(m): 7:45am On Dec 17, 2014
Lumyboi:
Some clowns want to make GMB look bad. We know the truth abeg. Oputa panel Ko! What was the outcome of the panel if I may ask.
Apart Frm Wole Soyinka criticizing everyone what has he done to improve Nigeria. Or u tnk na jst talking and talkin go help us. Dey ur lane abeg
As for Jonathan and pdp , it's a total waste of time arguing that his and their govt is a failure as even a mentally challenged person should knw
Imagine calling idiagbon a criminal(partner in crime) I doubt this is Frm Soyinka anyway
bisten14:
Oga Wole sorry no amount of blackmail n malicious attacks can make us stop loving GMB. All his crimes cannot never be compared to what this dumbo did to Nija.
#onlychangeweaskfor
Why don't you google the names soyinka mentioned to see if there are facts in what he's saying before you use words like "blackmail" and "malicious attacks"
Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by madan(f): 8:02am On Dec 17, 2014
This is getting more interesting..... :- pulls out seat for more gist""""""""""""
Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by Lumyboi(m): 8:32am On Dec 17, 2014
jasper7:

Why don't you google the names soyinka mentioned to see if there are facts in what he's saying before you use words like "blackmail" and "malicious attacks"

If u were nt alive when Buhari ruled Nigeria, it's not too much for you to read online or from books that are basically history n unbiased as to form your conclusion. U can't listen to a biased opposition and start forming impression or knowing from that. Nigerian politics is so dirty any1 can say anything. Do urself some good by educating urself. U wnt lose a tin.
Buhari might not be an ideal president for me for reasons such as age and the fact that I dislike politicians like Tinubu and Atiku a lot, however when it comes to bn ready to fight corruption either bn too crude or diplomatic, u can't compare him to dis clown of a president we have. Ur vote is ur right, it's not rili my bizz who u vote for. It's our country so we r in it together. U can even vote for Bmw bulletproof car woman....tnks

1 Like

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by jasper7(m): 9:27am On Dec 17, 2014
Lumyboi:

If u were nt alive when Buhari ruled Nigeria, it's not too much for you to read online or from books that are basically history n unbiased as to form your conclusion. U can't listen to a biased opposition and start forming impression or knowing from that. Nigerian politics is so dirty any1 can say anything. Do urself some good by educating urself. U wnt lose a tin.
Buhari might not be an ideal president for me for reasons such as age and the fact that I dislike politicians like Tinubu and Atiku a lot, however when it comes to bn ready to fight corruption either bn too crude or diplomatic, u can't compare him to dis clown of a president we have. Ur vote is ur right, it's not rili my bizz who u vote for. It's our country so we r in it together. U can even vote for Bmw bulletproof car woman....tnks
Intelligent comment. You were just bordering the line of insult. But ThankGod you didn't cross it. Anywaez, Buhari might not be corrupt but he sure holds no value to human lives. You can take it or leave it. Too many incidents during his prior regime. But in fairness to him, it was the same with most military regime.

1 Like

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by Lumyboi(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2014
jasper7:

Intelligent comment. You were just bordering the line of insult. But ThankGod you didn't cross it. Anywaez, Buhari might not be corrupt but he sure holds no value to human lives. You can take it or leave it. Too many incidents during his prior regime. But in fairness to him, it was the same with most military regime.

Lol. Insulting pple online is nt so intelligent. I agree with u. Same with obasanjo n co. They were trained that way. However, shld we allow corruption to swallow us as a country? Just take a look at countries with less resources than Nigeria. A few pple here have so much money they don't knw ow much they v(m sure u knw that) while the majority of people wallow in poverty. Imagine ow much havoc the families of Tinubu , Atiku, iweala, obasanjo, saraki, bode George , otedola egret, Bmw woman and Jonathans tolerance for corruption have cosd our country in al aspects. Health, education, security and all. U know ow many pple die Frm all des?
Abeg if anybody go come jail all of dem I dnt mind as long as dis corruption tin reduces. Even former militants are nw billionaires in Nigeria. Graduates full street with salaries of less than 100k afta 30days

1 Like

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by jasper7(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2014
Lumyboi:

Lol. Insulting pple online is nt so intelligent. I agree with u. Same with obasanjo n co. They were trained that way. However, shld we allow corruption to swallow us as a country? Just take a look at countries with less resources than Nigeria. A few pple here have so much money they don't knw ow much they v(m sure u knw that) while the majority of people wallow in poverty. Imagine ow much havoc the families of Tinubu , Atiku, iweala, obasanjo, saraki, bode George , otedola egret, Bmw woman and Jonathans tolerance for corruption have cosd our country in al aspects. Health, education, security and all. U know ow many pple die Frm all des?
Abeg if anybody go come jail all of dem I dnt mind as long as dis corruption tin reduces. Even former militants are nw billionaires in Nigeria. Graduates full street with salaries of less than 100k afta 30days
Like I always say, I won't vote Jonathan. Firstly, because I don't like him and his fisherman hat. And secondly, because he doesn't have a credible running mate. If Jonathan puts Fashola (for instance) or Akpabio as running mate. I'll vote him. Buhari for now, seems a lesser evil than Jonathan. But he's not a saint and he's not the answer to Nigeria's problem. We will vote him because we feel he will do less harm than Jonathan. And not because he will do good. Whoever is expecting Buhari to do good is just lying to himself. We have to at least be able to tell ourselves the truth.

2 Likes

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by Lumyboi(m): 10:36am On Dec 17, 2014
jasper7:

Like I always say, I won't vote Jonathan. Firstly, because I don't like him and his fisherman hat. And secondly, because he doesn't have a credible running mate. If Jonathan puts Fashola (for instance) or Akpabio as running mate. I'll vote him. Buhari for now, seems a lesser evil than Jonathan. But he's not a saint and he's not the answer to Nigeria's problem. We will vote him because we feel he will do less harm than Jonathan. And not because he will do good. Whoever is expecting Buhari to do good is just lying to himself. We have to at least be able to tell ourselves the truth.

One other reason is he is the only person that can b a competition for pdp. I wonder what candidates of other parties will b tnkin.... grin. Mayb sm pple go still dey whine dem sha

1 Like

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:44am On Dec 17, 2014
vote buhari?

HELL NO!!!
Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by jasper7(m): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2014
Lumyboi:

One other reason is he is the only person that can b a competition for pdp. I wonder what candidates of other parties will b tnkin.... grin. Mayb sm pple go still dey whine dem sha
Lol
Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by theM16: 10:49am On Dec 17, 2014
Lumyboi:

Lol. Other parties might not be having presidential candidates...we only hear about GEJ and GMB

1 Like

Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2014
Re: The Crimes Of Buhari-wole Soyinka (MUST READ) by deltalife(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2014
All I ask and I keep pleading to God is a Good leader!

I don't care which party.

However, Buhari doesn't and will never make sens to me however, if he emerges the president 2moro, I can only pray that God of heaven empower him and give him the wisedom to perform briliantly and deliver a good governance.

(1) (Reply)

I Will Sue APC For My Permanent Voter's Card If... / PDP Can’t Find Drivers To Take President Jonathan’s Campaign Vehicles From Kadun / EXCLUSIVE: Why I’ll Win This Time – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.