Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate (1108 Views)

N5,000 Stipend: ​PDP Slams ​buhari, ​APC Senators / Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki / Sammie Okposo Slams Buhari, Says He Should Be Flogged For Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Franchise21(m): 8:08pm On Dec 17, 2014
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has described the
delayed choice of Yemi Osinbajo as running mate to the All
Progressives Congress, APC’s presidential candidate,
Muhammadu Buhari, as the height of incompetence.
The PDP also declared that the eventual choice of Mr.
Osinbajo is a confirmation of its stand that the APC is the
personal project of a cabal commanded by former Lagos
state governor, Bola Tinubu, to expand its political and
economic frontiers.
The ruling party, in a statement signed by its National
Publicity Secretary, Olisa Metuh, on Wednesday said,
“should power get to this cabal, who is desperate to control
the political and economic power centre of the nation, then
Nigeria is finished.”
“By the choice of Osinbajo, a well-known acolyte of Tinubu,
who served under him as Attorney-General and
Commissioner for Justice, the APC, General Buhari and
Tinubu have boldly recreated their well-known notoriety
for sectional and personal interests, the PDP said.
“It is particularly worrisome that General Buhari has
surrendered his first official responsibility of choosing a
running mate, invariably his powers, to Tinubu even before
he goes to the field to ask for votes.
“This is not surprising of Buhari, who has consistently
exhibited a track record of incompetence. This is the same
man who as military head of state surrendered all his
powers to his second in command. The story of his
headship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF) is not
different, as he also got lost before the flurry of portfolios
of paid consultants.
“In 2011, as the leader of the CPC, Buhari failed woefully.
His whimsical interference in the choice of candidates for
his party not only muddled up the process but ended up
creating an electoral malfeasance and confusion that eased
out federal lawmakers elected on the platform of the CPC
from his native Katsina state.
“Our citizens should indeed be concerned about this: that
it took the APC six days to produce its vice presidential
candidate and that the founder and funder of the party,
Tinubu, as always, had his way. No doubt, this is how
Tinubu is going to impose his mercantilist interest on
major decisions affecting the entire country.
“This is the problem with the APC, a political party built
on the narrow interests of very few individuals. Any
political party that subjects its collective will to the whims
of an individual, as it is with the APC, is indeed not ready
for leadership.
“Fortunately, the PDP offers to all Nigerians a truly
national party and a Jonathan/Sambo ticket ready to build
a better tomorrow.
“In PDP, the focus remains to ensure that we continue to
deliver on our promises and put the interests of Nigerians
first in all our party decisions and policies of our
government.”
Signed:
Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173462-pdp-slams-buhari-delayed-choice-running-mate.html

1 Like

Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by mileyjay(m): 8:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Nigeria politics. #jackshit
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Franchise21(m): 8:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Flets: 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
Expected......

As old and supposed independent as Buhari is, he had no direct choice over his running mate.
This is clearly a case of political godfatherism trying to find its way back into our polity.

He had to depend on the most corrupt Nigerians alive to assign him a running mate after utilizing Rivers state embezzled funds to lobby his way to the APC ticket.

Buhari is as corrupt if not more than Tinubu. Anybody that links Buhari to integrity must be stoned to death and thrown into the evil forest

Civil servants in Rivers state are starving because Buhari and Amaechi used their 10months salary to match Atiku's dollar for dollar at the APC convention.

1 Like

Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by prewtyjulie(f): 8:17pm On Dec 17, 2014
PDP and APC behaving like 2 house wife living in a face-me-i-face-u appartment, no maturity @ all. Cant dey stop dis dia back bitting n allow us 2 decide?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by slimfit1(m): 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
They are clearly scared of the him now for sure.
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by yuncka: 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
PDP are now taking panadol on APC matter, their headache juz dey start. Soon dey will start taking anti malaria and goko cleanser.
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
I love Olisah Metuh

He is an A-Class spin doctor

grin

Just what I would say if I was on his shoes?
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
prewtyjulie:
PDP and APC behaving like 2 house wife living in a face-me-i-face-u appartment, no maturity @ all. Cant dey stop dis dia back bitting n allow us 2 decide?

But this is how it should be

Both sides keeping each other on their toes

Now we need a televised live debate!

grin
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by BigB11(m): 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Sign of no material and desperation.
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Iroh88(m): 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2014
Bwahahaahaahahahaha. PDP is fast losing it. I'm sure if one of Buhari's cattle happens to die tommorow, they would attribute it to his "poor management skills". That lif he can't keep livestock safe, how much more human"!! gringrin

I'm very sure the choice of the prof sent reaal shivers down their spine!! grin

Sai Buhari 2015 - 2023!!
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by donmalcolm21(m): 8:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Its a confirmation of a cabal that's trying to get the jugular of our meagre resources. Selfish APC bunch. SAY NO TO BUHARI
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 17, 2014
Buhari abdicated his first executive responsibility to Tinubu

And just as it was predicted days before the announcement and so it was.

This is a very worrying sign

If APC wanted a Tinubu presidency then they should have presented him as the candidate. This leadership by proxy is troubling!
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by prewtyjulie(f): 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
mikeansy:

But this is how it should be

Both sides keeping each other on their toes

Now we need a televised live debate!

grin
dey dont av 2 bad mouth each oda to show hw good dey r, if dey want 2 tell us dey r good let dem shw us tru dia karacter.
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by courage54(m): 8:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
Instead of telling us your manifestos u are complaining of how APC produce there VP. SMH
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 17, 2014
prewtyjulie:

dey dont av 2 bad mouth each oda to show hw good dey r, if dey want 2 tell us dey r good let dem shw us tru dia karacter.

Lol what will u call this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJpHCWaY0Ns
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by latestsunny(m): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
Metuh who kept mute months ago had released about 3 press statement since Buhari emerged............sign of desperation and frustration. PDP must really be disappointed with APC VP choice, maybe they had prepared Ameichi/Oshobaba blackmail papers
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
The important message here is Buhari abdicated his responsibility to choose his VP to a corrupt fellow like Tinubu

How is Buhari going to fight corruption in power?
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by san316(m): 8:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
I understand. What they are complaining about is that apc has put them under high tension. the suspense was too much that they(PDP) could not sleep. I guess Metuh almost had a heart attack, that is why he is complaining. Metuh be like "Ahhhh! Finally they announced it, these people almost killed me with tension. ehenn! Boobooo!!! give me cold water abeg, make I cool my temper"
Re: PDP Slams Buhari Over Delayed Choice Of Running Mate by alaoeri: 8:50pm On Dec 17, 2014
Its obvious PDP are afraid of the tsunami that will hit them next year, am very sure they have checked the records of prof Osinbajo & couldn't find a loop hole, now they are attacking Buhari who is more capable, upright & competent than the otueke drunken master & Tinubu who isn't contesting for any post. The fear of the GENERAL is the begining of GEJ writing his handing over letter. SAI BUHARI

(1) (Reply)

A Pictorial Tale Of 2 Christmas Celebrations / How Obanikoro, Fayose, Chris Uba And Brig. General Momoh Rigged Ekiti Election - / "My Grouse With President Goodluck Jonathan By Pastor Bernard Jemilohun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.