Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid (1096 Views)

Nigerian Woman In Trouble For Battering Indian Lover (photo) / True Story Of How Women Get Their Husbands Into Trouble / Wife Sets Husband On Fire For Molesting Her 7 Year Old Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by DailyTimes: 2:28am On Dec 18, 2014
A 32-year-old man, Chinyere Agoura, has been brought before an Apapa Magistrate’s Court for torturing his housemaid.

It was learnt that the seven-year-old housemaid, Munachi Ibeaka, is the daughter of one Mrs. Patricia Ibeaka.

Patricia was said to have given out the girl to Agoura, her cousin, who lives in the Ajegunle area of Lagos State, sometime in 2013 to relieve the burden of fending for her family of four after her (Patricia) husband died.

Both the defendant and the widow were arraigned by the police before the court’s magistrate, Mrs. O.I. Adelaja.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Agoura had made life difficult for Munachi who he reportedly tortured at will.

Our correspondent gathered that his neighbours were forced to report the alleged child abuse to the Ajeromi Police Station when the punishment began to tell on Munachi.

It was gathered that the girl’s face had become swollen as of the time the man and Patricia were arrested by the police.

PUNCH Metro also learnt that Agoura used to choke the girl with domestic chores and rarely allowed her to go to school.

It was said that teachers had, on several occasions, complained to the maid’s boss about her absence in the school only to be told that she usually got ill.

A prosecutor, Soji Ojaokomo, preferred two counts bordering on child abuse against the defendants.

The charges read, “That you, Chinyere Agoura, a resident of Ajegunle and Patricia Ibeaka, in the Apapa Magisterial District, did unlawfully abandon and expose seven-year-old Munachi to danger and caused her grievous harm and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 247 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.

“That you, Chinyere Agoura, of the above named area, in the aforementioned magisterial district, did possess one Munachi as a slave or in servitude and entered into contract or agreement with one Patricia Ibeaka with or without consideration for doing so and thereby committed an offence punishable under Section 274 (9) and (10) of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.

The defendants pleaded not guilty to the offence.

The magistrate subsequently admitted them to bail in the sum of N100,000 with two sureties each in like sum.

“The sureties must be gainfully employed and be of blood relations with the defendants.

“They must also be residents within the state and their addresses must be verified by the court,” Adelaja added.

The case was adjourned till January 19, 2015.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/police-arraign-man-for-torturing-seven-year-old-housemaid/

http://www./apps/forums/topics/show/13094841-man-lands-into-trouble-for-torturing-7-year-old-housemaid
Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by Unionised(m): 2:32am On Dec 18, 2014
In order to make a case, the law and lawyers will always paint a gory picture.

Not making a case for the defendant though...

1 Like

Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by cococandy(f): 5:04am On Dec 18, 2014
7yr old housemaid?
shocked
Can a 7yr old bath herself let alone be someone's house help?
Jesu!

2 Likes

Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by cococandy(f): 5:04am On Dec 18, 2014
Unionised:
In order to make a case, the law and lawyers will always paint a gory picture.

Not making a case for the defendant though...
if the neighbors reported him, then they must have seen something.
Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by Unionised(m): 6:57am On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:
if the neighbors reported him, then they must have seen something.

That's my point.

In other to build a case , they would manufacture some "neighbour" as eye-witness.

Always the same....

1 Like

Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by cococandy(f): 7:01am On Dec 18, 2014
Unionised:

That's my point.

In other to build a case , they would manufacture some "neighbour" as eye-witness.

Always the same....
erm who are "they" exactly?
The people manufacturing neighbors to make a case against this 'innocent' man?
Did the police arrest him and then manufacture eye witnesses or is it more plausible that he was arrested based on eye witness reports of how he treats the girl?

undecided undecided
Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:
Did the police arrest him and then manufacture eye witnesses or is it more plausible that he was arrested based on eye witness reports of how he treats the girl?
undecided undecided

Are you for real? Do you know a Lawyer can go to jail for manufacturing evidence?
That aside, Nigerian women prefer house helps from 5 years to 12 years so she wont " seduce" their husbands. Once the girl reaches puberty she is discarded and another younger help brought in.

This is a reality naptip is fighting against seriously. It is no joke I have seen a 9 year old burnt in her vagin-a with a heater for wetting the bed, I have seen an 8 year old burnt with iron for burning clothes while ironing
They will tell you that they are " helping ".

I recently hired someone to do some work for me on contract basis, she came with this 10 year old to help her, I took the 10 year old to the children's room to have fun with the other kids and warned the woman to send her back to wherever she took her from else I would ensure she is prosecuted for child labour and trafficking

1 Like

Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by Unionised(m): 7:11am On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:

undecided undecided

Dear Cococandy,
These reports are always the same.
Doesn't exonerate the defendant but still fishy.
Where there is no case, then we hear of concerned neighbours.
The law has become more about proving guilt at all cost than about saving the innocent.

It is well...
Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by cococandy(f): 7:59am On Dec 18, 2014
aisha2:

Are you for real? Do you know a Lawyer can go to jail for manufacturing evidence?
That aside, Nigerian women prefer house helps from 5 years to 12 years so she wont " seduce" their husbands. Once the girl reaches puberty she is discarded and another younger help brought in.

This is a reality naptip is fighting against seriously. It is no joke I have seen a 9 year old burnt in her vagin-a with a heater for wetting the bed, I have seen an 8 year old burnt with iron for burning clothes while ironing
They will tell you that they are " helping ".

I recently hired someone to do some work for me on contract basis, she came with this 10 year old to help her, I took the 10 year old to the children's room to have fun with the other kids and warned the woman to send her back to wherever she took her from else I would ensure she is prosecuted for child labour and trafficking
I actually don't doubt it but I can't help being surprised each time I come across such. The atrocities that are somewhat normal in our dear Nigeria. Imagine a seven year old maid.

This other guy quoting me I don't even know what to tell him. So somehow he's trying to make us believe this man might be innocent but is only being arrested because of a grand conspiracy by his neighbors against him.
And you wonder why we are like this.
Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by cococandy(f): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2014
Unionised:

Dear Cococandy,
These reports are always the same.
Doesn't exonerate the defendant but still fishy.
Where there is no case, then we hear of concerned neighbours.
The law has become more about proving guilt at all cost than about saving the innocent.

It is well...
is it more possible that he's innocent than Guilty ? What exactly is your point? That some people could have planned it to hurt his image?
Re: Man Lands Into Trouble For Torturing 7-year-old Housemaid by SAMBARRY: 11:24am On Dec 18, 2014
cococandy:
7yr old housemaid?
shocked
Can a 7yr old bath herself let alone be someone's house help?
Jesu!
some nigerians are beasts with two legs if not how can you turn a child who hasn't even discovered herself into a domestic slave

and some hindiots and shediots will be celebrating children's day while abusing children.

Without an iota of doubt this generation is sitting on a keg of gun powder and a time will come where people will not be able to sleep with their two eyes closed

if they are not using another child for child slavery they are forcing them to sit on hot plate or turning them to prostitutes

Just walk through berger and see kids who are supposed to be in school carrying wheel Barrow and doing agbero

it's kids like that that will not let kids who are given opportunity rest 20years from now undecided

(1) (Reply)

Married Chinese Woman Made To Parade The Street In Her Underwear by Her Husband / The Only Time You Know That You Have Made It In Life (photo) / Please Save My Life/home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.