Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,189 members, 7,953,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? (6199 Views)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Why Did Buhari Suddenly Remember The SE And SS? / Have Nigerian Taxi Drivers Suddenly Become Rich Or Telling Fantastic Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Mcbussy(m): 6:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
chukwudi44:
On three previous occasions 2003,2007 and 2011 Buhari contested for the presidency of these country and was rejected by the southern electorates including our SW brothers. Most noteworthy was the number of votes he got in 2003 in the sw when he contested against obasanjo. My question now is why did the sw people reject Buhari in 2003 when the had the very opportunity of 'ending' corruption in 2003?If they know Buhari had all the qualities they now ascribe to him why then did they reject him for a corruption personified obasanjo?

This is a one time direct response.I won't reply even if u mention me.

GMB to me doesn't have all d right qualities. But he became a more preferable option d moment I realised I wasted my vote on a puppet in d last election.

2 Likes

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Orunto: 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
Noone says Buhari is electable. Obasanjo is not corrupt. Goodluck is not corrupt. Go to court or shut your mouth if you have no evidence.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Kingspin(m): 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2014
onatisi:
bros,please don't say ppl hate gej. Don't use comments and posts on nairaland to judge the nation political pulse. Believe me majority of nigerians will still vote for pdp anytime anyday for the presidential. But for state guber elections they may have big running battle to contend with.
I knw wat am saying some persons dnt knw why they are upset wit GEJ government.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by JuanDeDios: 9:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
chukwudi44:
On three previous occasions 2003,2007 and 2011 Buhari contested for the presidency of these country and was rejected by the southern electorates including our SW brothers. Most noteworthy was the number of votes he got in 2003 in the sw when he contested against obasanjo. My question now is why did the sw people reject Buhari in 2003 when the had the very opportunity of 'ending' corruption in 2003?If they know Buhari had all the qualities they now ascribe to him why then did they reject him for a corruption personified obasanjo?
Buhari is not particularly "electable" - given a choice. I blame the APC for fielding him. But since the outcome of the continuation of Jonathan can be foreseen and it is not good, many have decided to vote Buhari in the hope he can at least halt the wastefulness and unbridled looting going on.

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by onatisi(m): 9:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
Kingspin:

I knw wat am saying some persons dnt knw why they are upset wit GEJ government.
that is how nigerians are, they always complain about the govt. There is no govt that has ruled nigerians which they don't complain bitterly about. I can remember vividly, when buhari \idiagbon was in power ,everyone was complaining bitterly,ever prayers were offered that God should liberate us because of the harsh laws imposed and how ppl were been executed and imprisoned,on the day the govt was toppled everyone was happy that at last no more harsh laws ,fast forward now the same nigerians are shouting that the same buhari then should come back. Top politicians in nigeria have learnt to discern voices of those that matters from noise makers. Many of those shouting buhari now are just noise makers their voices doesn't mean a thing. When we hear the right voices then we know when to listen .

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by onatisi(m): 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
JuanDeDios:

Buhari is not particularly "electable" - given a choice. I blame the APC for fielding him. But since the outcome of the continuation of Jonathan can be foreseen and it is not good, many have decided to vote Buhari in the hope he can at least halt the wastefulness and unbridled looting going on.
and this is where people seem to have gotten it all wrong. Majority of those shouting buhari didn't witness his time. Ask anyone then ,buhari was more or less a dummy president,I can remember vividly people use to mock him as dumb president and u only see him attending to dignitaries,idiagbon was the main man then ,he was the no smiling general that tolerates no shit. The fear of idiagbon in lagos will then make a man living in sokoto not to urinate by the road side,because people will tell u that if idiagbon sees u ,u are in trouble. That was the main reason why he was eased and tricked out of the country before buhari could be toppled. It was idiagbon that initiated and implemented the war against in discipline campaign,idiagbon was the one that made the statement “discipline nigerians and everything will fall into place”. So I always laugh when ppl come out now to say buhari is this and that. If idiagbon was alive he will never associate with the likes of tinubu and ameachi, I don't know how ppl think tinubu and co will open their eyes and allow some plug the corrupt looting channels ,as the adage goes birds of the same feather flock together. If I see someone in the midst of thieves there is no controversy about it he also is a person of questionable character.

1 Like

Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by bossminded: 12:24am On Dec 26, 2014
seankay:
Well am voting Buhari because ive now realised he is not a fanatic and he is honest and also because GEJ had failed woefully

Sir can u plz expanciate on dt? Hw did u nw realize he is honest and nt a fanatic?
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by tomakint: 12:41am On Dec 26, 2014
theV0ice:

focus on your 2003, while i focus on 2011. we know how PDP has been 'winning'immemorial. Infact it was so bad that Yar'adua had to admit that the 2007 edition was very flawed and moved towards reform of the electoral process.
GMB is contesting against GEJ not OBJ in 2015
Obj gave PDP that bad image which Jonathan had since corrected, imagine Jonathan conducting elections in Edo (APC), Ondo (LP), Ekiti (PDP), Osun (APC), Niger (PDP) & Anambra (APGA) .
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by theV0ice: 1:24am On Dec 26, 2014
tomakint:

Obj gave PDP that bad image which Jonathan had since corrected, imagine Jonathan conducting elections in Edo (APC), Ondo (LP), Ekiti (PDP), Osun (APC), Niger (PDP) & Anambra (APGA) .

I hope he'll maintain that good image for 2015.

Now that'll be the real test
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by onatisi(m): 10:51am On Dec 26, 2014
tomakint:

how u dey ,bro?
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by tomakint: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2014
onatisi:
how u dey ,bro?
I dey cool jare my brother! I dey feel your education to these young minds who don't wanna listen and learn. I am only waiting for Feb. 15, 2015 to come and go then I will respond to their diatribes in kind. Well done!
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by nellyjohn: 5:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
Don't mind dem. Dey did not see all dese qualities they are attributing to him now then. He failed in 2003 during Obasanjo time, he failed in 2007 to Yar adua and lost in 2011 to GEJ and will loose again dis 2015 to GEJ. He is a failure and wil remain a failure.
Re: When Did Buhari Suddenly Become Electable? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
nellyjohn:
Don't mind dem. Dey did not see all dese qualities they are attributing to him now then. He failed in 2003 during Obasanjo time, he failed in 2007 to Yar adua and lost in 2011 to GEJ and will loose again dis 2015 to GEJ. He is a failure and wil remain a failure.

he is a perenial loser and a stark iliterate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Finally Sony Apologise To Nigeria (but Rejected) / Boko Haram Members Are Trained In Algeria And Afghanistan? / Stop The Celebration: The New NNPC MD Is From Delta Igbo And Not An Igboman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.