Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Visa Denied. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Denied. (1405 Views)

I Was Denied Visa At French Embassy For This Reason.... / Canadian Visa Denied, Sa Visa Next / Sweden Student Visa Denied Once. Can I Apply Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Denied. by bestplanb: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
I went for an interview yesterday at Lagos America Embassy 6:30am appointment. but unfortunately I was denied at window 2. Transcript below

me:Good morning with a smile
VO:Good morning
Me:How are you doing?
Vo:Fine and u.
Me:Am fine too
Vo:You are?
me: I told her my name.
Vo:Which school are you going to?
Me:North eastern Illinois University Chicago
Vo:When did you graduate?
Me:2009.
Vo:what have you been doing since then?
Me :I work with sosooa company, they are into construction
Vo:Are you always on the field?
Me:No in work in the office as an admin officer.
Vo:Did you have a degree?
me:yes I have Ordinary National diploma in business Administration from Lagos State polytechnics
vo:So why did you apply as an undergraduate? by now you be should be applying for masters
me:But master should be(cuts in)
Vo:Am sorry not qualify blablabla she returned my documents to me.

Please advice.OND is equivalent yo which qualification in USA?Also which degree is advisable for me to apply for because I want to reapply. Thanks
Re: Visa Denied. by Tosusa: 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
YOU ARE THE ONE THAT MADE THE MISTAKE. YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM/HER THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE A DEGREE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE A DIPLOMA FROM LAGOS STATE POLYTECHNIC. SO YOU NEED TO REAPPLY AGAIN.

1 Like

Re: Visa Denied. by Tosusa: 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
WHEN HE/SHE SAID DID YOU HAVE A DEGREE? YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID NO. YOU SAID YES. HE/SHE NOW SAID WHY THEN ARE YOU APPLYING FOR UNDERGRADUATE. SHE/HE SAID YOU SHOULD HAVE APPLIED FOR MASTER. JUST RE APPLY AND CLEARRIFY YOUR STATEMENT IN THE NEXT APPLICATION INTERVIEW.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visa Denied. by onatisi(m): 1:46pm On Dec 18, 2014
Don't worry apply again and answers questions as it is presented . And if possible use abuja for ur next interview .believe me getting any country visa is easy once you are straight and frank with ur answers. goodluck
Re: Visa Denied. by justi4jesu(f): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
Why were you the one that started the Interview, Guess the VO wasn't comfortable with that. smiley smiley
Re: Visa Denied. by Wisepac: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2014
na u bleep up. u should have said no when He said do you have degree

reapply and pray
Re: Visa Denied. by ibe003(m): 11:07pm On Dec 19, 2014
Tosusa:
YOU ARE THE ONE THAT MADE THE MISTAKE. YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD HIM/HER THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE A DEGREE THAT YOU ONLY HAVE A DIPLOMA FROM LAGOS STATE POLYTECHNIC. SO YOU NEED TO REAPPLY AGAIN.
forget even if he said no they can still denied him, she have already pick that gap from secondary school as an excuse, US and canada embassy are fund of that,
Re: Visa Denied. by Bruteforce101: 5:55am On Dec 20, 2014
OnD is not a degree. When she asked do you have a degree? The answer should have been No, i only have a diploma in bus admin. Simple.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Citizen That Went To South Africa For A Vacation Apply For US Visa / When They Deport You From Dubai, Europe And America At The Same Time (photo) / The First Nigerian Family To Visit The North Pole (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.