Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage (1217 Views)

Frontpage -- Rivers State Results Comming In--inec Office At Aba Road Phc / Osibanjo's Daughter Kiki Tweets About Nairaland Topic / My Worries About Nairaland And Nigeria’s Future. (NL Is Dividing Us) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Gflat: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
I am sorry to say boss but your people (moderators) are seriously making the Frontpage a joke... sad

Though they are trying their best but you should have noticed people aren't really impressed with it. The reason why i had to create this thread was:
I introduced Nairaland to my uncle few weeks ago though he has been visiting as a guest and seem to enjoy the topics discussed especially some that made it to FP.

But recently he started asking me what kind of "irrelevant" stuffs were being updated recently. I couldn't give a good response to that all i could do was smile...

Mr seun, i aren't "jealous" or anything but i noticed some mods have also taken over the celebrity section...their post(s) are always making fp..is this an example of how things are suppose to run around here??

I am sorry if i have stepped on toes i just feel i should let out my mind. We all love Nairaland..no where else can remind us of Home

God bless Nigeria, God bless Nairaland smiley

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nigerians are worrying over oil crises ,u and ur uncle are worrying over front page.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Gflat: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
Unibenstudent:
Nigerians are worrying over oil crises ,u and ur uncle are worrying over front page.

Because we didn't posting it online doesn't meant we don't care...btw, are you trying to hit at me, or you are trying to make a point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by itstpia8: 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
I introduced Nairaland to my uncle few weeks ago though he has been visiting as a guest and seem to enjoy the topics discussed especially some that made it to FP.

But recently he started asking me what kind of "irrelevant" stuffs were being updated recently. I couldn't give a good response to that all i could do was smile...

recently?

shay recently na since 2005 when nl don dey post "stuff"?
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by SeverusSnape(m): 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
I have the same concern too... you're not the first person complaining about this, If they don't change, what can we do?, The Front page is now pathetic; filled with irrelevant topics.
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Gflat: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
SeverusSnape:
I have the same concern too... you're not the first person complaining about this, If they don't change, what can we do?, The Front page is now pathetic; filled with irrelevant topics.

Smh....But Seun, aren't you gonna do anything about it...i thought a man is not suppose to wait and see him business wearing off
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Wisepac: 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
na so me too dey think. maybe d mods dey do Xmas bonus
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by darlingtonNYIG(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
@ OP, you just said my mind. Its kinda becoming boring to me that I care less to comment. Most stories on front page are too childish and uncalled for esp with the celebrity updates and blogger lies. Most annoying thing is that our political moderators just push unconfirmed reports and news to front page without verification.
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by mistabiola: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
darlingtonNYIG:
@ OP, you just said my mind. Its kinda becoming boring to me that I care less to comment. Most stories on front page are too childish and uncalled for esp with the celebrity updates and blogger lies. Most annoying thing is that our political moderators just push unconfirmed reports and news to front page without verification.

Gbam!!! That's damn right cheesy grin
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
What you consider irrelevant and uninteresting are of interest to other people. I enjoy the way the moderators flood the frontpage with different varieties of interesting topics, from politics to celebrity gossips, education, literature, crime, sports, humor et cetera leaving the readers spoilt with options to choose from.

It's great to see our Nairaland diversifying away from politics, opening more avenue that will attract more readers. It will also interest you to know that there has been a significant decrease in e-wars on this forum due to the many interesting topics that grace the frontpage which keep the readers busy. Our e-warriors are now engaged in space booking, begging for likes and some have even traveled to France, which is of course a good development.

Another feat you should have noticed is the recent increase in ad placement especially on celebrity section. You might argue that Nairaland is a forum and not a blog but hey, who cares? Oga Seun needs money to buy his 2015 Range Rover Sports (Autobiography) and shut his haters up.

The truth is that Nigerians hardly care about politics, it's too complex, critical and full of hate. Nigerians want something to cheer them up like music, games, celebrity gossip and football not news that depresses them and make them feel hopelessly hopeless. So cheer up and read the topics that interest you and let others feel free to do the same.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by winningbt: 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
Same here am tired of this Frontpage
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by donstevico(m): 12:38am On Dec 19, 2014
I like front page now.....or do you guys like those days that we will be looking for topics to comment on??.

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by obailala(m): 1:54am On Dec 19, 2014
Gflat:
I am sorry to say boss but your people (moderators) are seriously making the Frontpage a joke... sad

Though they are trying their best but you should have noticed people aren't really impressed with it. The reason why i had to create this thread was:

Mr seun, i aren't "jealous" or anything but i noticed some mods have also taken over the celebrity section...their post(s) are always making fp..is this an example of how things are suppose to run around here??

I am sorry if i have stepped on toes i just feel i should let out my mind. We all love Nairaland..no where else can remind us of Home

Sorry about your concerns but you need to understand Nairaland is a public forum.

What you find very informative and relevant may be useless and irrelevant trash to the next person. That is why at every instance, there are over 60 topics on the FP for you to choose from.

Live and let live!
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by rebranded(m): 3:02am On Dec 19, 2014
Frontpage = Linda Ikeji

Soon linda Ikeji will go after Nairaland. grin
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by emiye(m): 4:47am On Dec 19, 2014
rudedough:
What you consider irrelevant and uninteresting are of interest to other people. I enjoy the way the moderators flood the frontpage with different varieties of interesting topics, from politics to celebrity gossips, education, literature, crime, sports, humor et cetera leaving the readers spoilt with options to choose from.

It's great to see our Nairaland diversifying away from politics, opening more avenue that will attract more readers. It will also interest you to know that there has been a significant decrease in e-wars on this forum due to the many interesting topics that grace the frontpage which keep the readers busy. Our e-warriors are now engaged in space booking, begging for likes and some have even traveled to France, which is of course a good development.

Another feat you should have noticed is the recent increase in ad placement especially on celebrity section. You might argue that Nairaland is a forum and not a blog but hey, who cares? Oga Seun needs money to buy his 2015 Range Rover Sports (Autobiography) and shut his haters up.

The truth is that Nigerians hardly care about politics, it's too complex, critical and full of hate. Nigerians want something to cheer them up like music, games, celebrity gossip and football not news that depresses them and make them feel hopelessly hopeless. So cheer up and read the topics that interest you and let others feel free to do the same.

To a very large extent i agree with you, One man's meat is another man's poison. For some on Nairaland, all they are ever interested in discussing about is " D'banj new girlfriend", Don jazzy's new buggati", e.t.c these could be trash frontpage topics in the perception of Op, but a delight to many others.

Live and let live. Although, Super Mods should ensure every frontpage topics stay on frontpage at the minimum, 24 hours.
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by arvinsloane(m): 8:31am On Dec 19, 2014
I'm sorry guys, I will be back To comment . I want to eat first.
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2014
rudedough:

Seun should make this the official copypasta response to anybody opening threads complaining about the quality of frontpage content.

Well contructed and answered in full detail.
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by akoaki(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2014
Gflat:

My friend, you forgot to mention the prevailence of dirty language being freely used on the forum and how africans in diaspora are reacting to it. If the government is accused of being corrupt, i think the people should come clean by by exhibiting decency and decorum on social forum like nairaland so as not to be seen as socially corrupt.
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by KanwuliaJara: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2014
Like Nigeria, like NL.
Harlots making FP news since 1420! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Elxandre(m): 12:14am On Dec 22, 2014
whatever rocks your boat.
What makes nairaland a stand-out compared to the other forums and blogs?
It's the sanity here!

Visit other blogs and forums, and you see difference.
The moment NL becomes too watered down, it could loose it's star appeal in the long run.
The Linda ikeji you guys are talking about has experienced a loss in traffic over time..... and guess what, it lost many of it's followers to the NL people think is boring.

What NL needs to gain more followership is outreach!
Ever seen a NL ad on TV? on magazines?
Re: Seun, Please Do Something About Nairaland's Frontpage by Elxandre(m): 12:15am On Dec 22, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
Like Nigeria, like NL.
Harlots making FP news since 1420! cheesy
Super troll tongue

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Is AMAECHI? / Five Things Nigeria Can Export And Earn Revenue Aside Oil / Why Jonathan Must Listen To Father Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.