Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,107 members, 7,825,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

But Really, What Does Buhari Have To Offer? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / But Really, What Does Buhari Have To Offer? (360 Views)

What Does Buhari Think He's Doing? / Photos: The Cyclists Riding For Buhari Have Finally Arrived Abuja / Nigerians Think They Are Smart But Really: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

But Really, What Does Buhari Have To Offer? by bigboss80s(m): 9:27am On Dec 19, 2014
Before you all start throwing stones, let me make it clear that I support Buhari's bid to take over in 2015, which by the way is just 2 weeks away.
But beyond all the promises of rooting out and routing corruption, what else does Buhari have to offer? Stopping corruption is simply not enough. Yes, Jonathan has been hopelessly helpless against corruption but during his rule we have seen Nigeria placed on a path of development. I am talking about things like the sanitisation of the banking sector, reforms in the power sector, and development of the transport sector. These are things that place Nigeria on the world map in terms of development.
But it seems Buhari does not really have a plan for Nigeria's future. He is preoccupied with stamping out corruption, whereas we actually have bigger problems.
My fear is that, with Buhari, a lot of the progress that has been made (and yes, progress has been made) will be diminished because he will likely revoke many contracts and abandon a lot of the projects his predecessor has started.
Buhari is a great upright man and we all know this. Even the PDP knows this. But what is more important than stopping corruption and eliminating Boko Haram is true, world class development. And I wonder if the General has what it takes.
Re: But Really, What Does Buhari Have To Offer? by olatunji390(m): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2014
Question for the gods. Watin GEJ don offer us?

#GMB2015

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram: ‘over 30 Gave Birth In Idp’s Camp In Borno’ / Re:nigeria Less Prosperous Than Several African Countries? / Capital Market Indices Increases By 3.39 Per Cent On NSE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.