Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde (32995 Views)

Is This True About Nollywood Actor Tony Umez? (Pic) / Caption This Photo of Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Dancing / Queen Nwokoye Vs Funke Akindele : Who Is Nollywood's Queen Of Comedy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Wisegeek01(m): 6:24am On Dec 21, 2014
Orikinla:

Relevant where?
Just being on 2013 TIME 100 List of icons, made the entire Nollywood to host her in a big red carpet event.
Imagine what will happen if Omotola gets a major role in a Spielberg's film?
The news will make front page headlines on all news media channels in Nigeria.
The news of Lupita Nyong’o's film adaptation of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's award winning novel “Americanah” is making headlines all over the world and a Nigerian actor David Oyelowo is already being considered to play a leading role in the movie.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/david-oyelowo-to-star-with-lupita-nyongo-in-americanah-exclusive-1201377306/
Lupita is not even looking in the direction of Nollywood for her casting!

Omotola and her peers in Nollywood need to see the BIG PICTURE and stop competing against themselves in Nigeria.
They should go out there and compete on the big stage.
David Oyelowo of Yoruba Saxon Productions has already got Golden Globe nomination for playing Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. in Ava DuVernay’s “Selma.”
http://variety.com/exec/david-oyelowo/

100 likes
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Wisegeek01(m): 6:33am On Dec 21, 2014
cupidhero:

Actors like hugo weaving and a few not too popular actors have nigerian roots,Hugo weaving(Matrix trilogy and Lord of the rings trilogy) was born in nigeria but will never even speak of it just because it might make his hollywood pals to start digging and stumble upon the disgrace known as nollywood. The list is endless,there are so many popular hollywood big weights who would have loved to star in a nollywood flick if nollywood was not a disgrace. Just try and watch the credits of any popular hollywood box office movie and you will see so many nigerian names but you will never see them do any proffesional work in a nollywood just because of their amateur standard of their actors and the industry. Abeg help me beg these people to stop disgracing me. The worst is that dark lady mercy johnson,she has no class at all,i have never heard where she rejected any movie. imagine she even made a dumb movie when she travelled to london to give birth and called it mercy johnson in london or whatever.

Nollywood needs to step up so the likes of "Hugo weaving", Angelina Jolie, Brad pitt, Jason Statham would like to act in our movies"

Even the scripts should start reflecting and infusing crossovers if this would be possible,

And the politics they run with the industry has got to stop too.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Wisegeek01(m): 6:45am On Dec 21, 2014
"Clueless some pple are"

*In Yoda's Voice*
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 21, 2014
GoodGirl2:
Or South African........ lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Oh, I forgot. A South African too. They even enjoy picking on South Africa, especially since that botched gun deal.

1 Like

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 21, 2014
Wisegeek01:

Well it's clear she doesn't want to be just a Queen here, she wants to be a Queen there too,
And it ain't gon b easy*
I bet she'd grab d opportunity if she gets it"

Yeah I know. Just helping a sister stay calm, in case she needed it.
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 21, 2014
georjay:
How will you when you only watch Aba-made trash they call home videos?

#you are taking this too personal...4ur info i only watch korean and indian movies...so u nd spilbedbug can go and ***

You should have mentioned me properly. I didn't even know you mentioned me.

Bro, watch Hollywood stuffs. Watch Jurassic Park. That is one of Spielberg's over 20 solid films. It is a shame you don't know him. Well, I can imagine what someone who watches Korean and India films looks out for. Definitely not something serious.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by LajaLaba: 8:40am On Dec 21, 2014
Oversabi morons full this thread like kiĺode!Face your own lives biko
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by PrettySpicey(f): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2014
AgapeCharis:
hahahahahaha
Nw ur got me "loling"
Lucky Kwa? Can u imagine I got like 5 messages 4RM dem a certain day abt pregnancy tips angry Dox guys r nuts sha

Lol. Gosh, they are incorrigible those guys.

Hope you saved the tips for when some female paddy needs them, lol grin

It's Airtel tormenting me with unsolicited calls. I get like four to six calls from them daily... na wa!
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 21, 2014
PrettySpicey:

Lol. Gosh, they are incorrigible those guys.

Hope you saved the tips for when some female paddy needs them, lol grin

It's Airtel tormenting me with unsolicited calls. I get like four to six calls from them daily... na wa!
Oooh my Airtel cry embarassed I got two of dia CC numbers calling me everyday. Especially wen I'm browsing grin grin
Dx network guys tho¿ they need some factory reset cheesy

Hope u had an awesome night? Happy Sunday smiley
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by PrettySpicey(f): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Oooh my Airtel cry embarassed I got two of dia CC numbers calling me everyday. Especially wen I'm browsing grin grin
Dx network guys tho¿ they need some factory reset cheesy

Hope u had an awesome night? Happy Sunday smiley

A Happy Sunday to you too. And a blessed week ahead smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
PrettySpicey:

A Happy Sunday to you too. And a blessed week ahead smiley
Gracia
Re: Why Steven Spielberg Is Clueless About Nollywood Queen Omotola Jalade-ekeinde by Orikinla(m): 6:58pm On Dec 22, 2014
Interesting revelations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Adebayo Dancing With Sotayo Gaga On Dance Floor Seductively, Fans React / Genevieve Nnaji And Oluchi Stun In New Photos / Moses Olaiya 'Baba Sala' Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.