Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

An Invisible Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Invisible Change (429 Views)

Man Runs Into GT Bank Thinking He Is Invisible And Begins To Steal Cash. / President Jonathan Has Been Exposed, He Lead The Invisible Boko Haram / Camouflage Fabric That Can Make Soldiers Invisible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Invisible Change by ahaika23: 11:14am On Dec 19, 2014
HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF, FIRST AS A TRAGEDY AND SECOND AS A FARCE.(KARL MARX):::::
The Amaechi I know has been silenced.....no more Jonathan this, Jonathan that....
Now, Tinubu & Co wants to make him the senior errand boy to Buhari.
(Campaign Chairman). An avenue to extort more funds from him (Rivers Treasury).
History repeats itself, first as a tragedy and second as a farce.
Amaechi forgot the incidence of 1967-70 (Nigerian civil war) where the yorubas eventually overnight turned against Ojukwu, and joined forces with Gowon to finish Biafra.
Awolowo promised to secede from Nigeria, should Ojukwu secede. What happened, history holds it that when Ojukwu declared Biafra a Republic, believing that Awo from the South West will fulfil his promise, hmmm...
To his greatest surprise, Awolowo, slipped off his promise and joined forces with the north to fight him.
Awolowo was asked by a British naval officer : sir, are you in support of the system of starving the Biafrans to death?
Awolowo: well, its a strategy in warfare if you must win. Come to think of it, why should we feed our enemies fat so that they will grow muscles to fight back at us?
British Naval Officer: sir, since when did Ojukwu become your enemy?
Awolowo: Awo remained in silence not knowing what to say.....*****
The British officer shook his head and called the south west "Slippery Yoruba".
That blood still flows in them! Tinubu and others joined forces with Gov. Amaechi to fight President Jonathan all in the name of change and one Nigeria. But I tell you, Nigeria in their minds are not and cannot be one.....
Hear their words:
"Nigeria is not a nation. It is a mere geographical expression"
(Awolowo: 1947).
"But I've always insisted to myself that my first duty is to the Yoruba nation. We are a nation, you know. And I put that nation first, then the one called Nigeria" (Soyinka: 2006).
"The Hausa-Fulani have also instructively not stopped taking off the heads of the igbos(sic) in the North. They do so periodically, even symbolically, I guess, to remind igbos that the cycle of hate has not been closed. Hausa-Fulani agenda against the igbos has continued in an uninterrupted fashion since the war, but the irony is that in the field of Nigerian politics, the igbo man continues to make the silly choice that the Hausa-Fulani is his best friend. And it is this lack of political wisdom that is partly responsible for the continued marginalisation of the igbos"
(Abati, 2001).
Whether you like it or not, the yorubas see the South South and South East as igbo and so will do anything to marginalize the igbo man.
Amaechi supported them, believing he will be made the Vice President of Nigeria. Now that the plot is almost over, they have now remembered that the yorubas gave Buhari a block vote during the primaries and as such deserves the vice presidential slot.
However, discarding the change they've for long been singing. Thereby, bringing in sentiment..
This change is not visible, as far as I'm concerned...I'll not betray my brother for whatsoever reason...
As the saying goes, if you see your brother fighting outside, support him without knowing the cause. Later, in your closet, tell him his wrong.
However, Rt.Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi is our own, we will and can never throw him out...some lessons are learnt the easy way, while some, are learnt the hard way. Amaechi has learnt his in the hard way and I pray he adheres.
Cut meat, cut meat, na for nama body...Rivers State treasury don suffer.
Re: An Invisible Change by Ovie56(m): 11:41am On Dec 19, 2014
This won't make it to the front page .. But heya I can feel ya pain
Re: An Invisible Change by ahaika23: 11:47am On Dec 19, 2014
Ovie56:
This won't make it to the front page .. But heya I can feel ya pain
grin grin grin grin grin. Whose pain? Na copy and paste ni

(1) (Reply)

Why Voting For Buhari Does Not Represent Change? / Buhari: 72+8=senility / Photos: Fayose Distributes Rice, Chicken, Cash To Ekiti People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.