Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Sheriff Reacts To Arrest Of Boko Haram Impostors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff Reacts To Arrest Of Boko Haram Impostors (558 Views)

How Ex-president Arranged Arrest of Diezani - Silverbirdtv.com / President Buhari Orders Arrest Of Wife’s Younger Brother Over Alleged Extortion / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sheriff Reacts To Arrest Of Boko Haram Impostors by cheatmastergerr(m): 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2014
Former Borno State Governor, Senator Ali Modu Sheriff, said he has been vindicated following recent revelations from the Department of State Service (DSS) which confirmed his innocence on allegations that he is a sponsor of Boko Haram.

This is coming days after after the DSS paraded six persons, including a former special assistant to Borno State governor Kashim Shettima, who confessed to being the one that cooked up stories about former chief of army staff General Azubuike Ihejirika and Sheriff being Boko Haram sponsors.

Speaking in an interview with newsmen yesterday, the former governor said God used the DSS to exonerate him from the allegations which according to him were a calculated attempt by his political opponents and powerful top government officials in his state to bring him down, Leadership reports.
He explained that the reason he was constantly under attack was because of his efforts to ensure victory for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Borno State.

An Australian negotiator, Steven Davis, who claimed to have been involved in negotiations on behalf of the Federal Government with commanders of Boko Haram for the release of over 200 Chibok schoolgirls had named Sheriff and Ihejirika(rtd) as the sponsors of Boko Haram.

Sheriff said: “Nigerians, by now, should have been convinced about my innocence on the lies being told against my person as a major sponsor of Boko Haram, but by God’s will, no amount of attacks would deter me from taking Borno State to the right path of politics and development.”

“Do I need to stress to you that the government has vindicated me as the outcome of investigations have more clearly revealed the source of the blackmail against me. Those behind the plots to smear my name are more on the spot now, going by what has happened.

“I have always said that attempts to give me a bad name will always fail. I stand by the truth and I will not relent in pursuing the truth. Let them continue to toe the line of evil against me, but rest assured that those involved would soon burn their fingers.”

He further praised the DSS for its relentless quest to unravel the mysteries behind Boko Haram, while also calling on Nigerians to always accord the government and security agencies the necessary cooperation they need to win the war against terrorism in the country.

The DSS in a statement on Wednesday said its investigations into Davis’ allegation had shown that those he claimed to have interacted with were Boko Haram impostors.

One of those arrested, Junaid Idrisa Khadi, in his statement at the DSS office, said he deliberately conspired to blackmail and implicate Ali Modu Sheriff.

Reacting to his aides arrest, the Borno state governor, Kashim Shettima had commended the security for the successful operation, encouraging them however to treat Khadi in the same way as other suspects, in accordance with the law.

READ MORE: http://www.diamondreport.com.ng/2014/12/sheriff-reacts-to-arrest-of-boko-haram.html#ixzz3MLGw4t9W

Like us On Facebook @ www.facebook.com/diamondreportnigeria and Follow us on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/diamondrpt

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Buys 77 T72 Tanks To Fight Boko Haram? Pic / SECRET DOCUMENTS: Shocking Revelations About Buhari / Parallel Government Will Be Formed If PDP Attempt To Rig Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.