Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? (30990 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / President Good Jonathan Attend Apostolic Faith Church The Best Church In D World / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Samotobor1(m): 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Gej is a knight of the Church of Nigeria(Anglican communion)

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by thexzy(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2014
*Church of All Nation*
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by delishpot: 3:33pm On Dec 20, 2014
tuncy:

Gud for u bro! But I put it to u dat u aint submitting to God! How do u submit to God in d first place? If you submit to God, you will submit to his word. Imagine every one is like you. Imagine d pastor of the church u attend last week sunday was visitor and tomorrow he is somewhere else... Imagine no ushers to set the chairs... Imagine everybody was a visitor! God isn't disorganized bro! Get a local church and be committed

You are getting me wrong. I did not say I hop from church to church every sunday. I meant to say, this,
Imagine all churches in naija are one, and we have the church of christ as one body lets name that church church of Christ. Ok, on every street we have the church of christ surulere, church of christ Ikeja, curch of christ CMS bustop etc all one body. No redeemed, no cele, no anglican, no catholic, no christ embassy, no dominion church etc. Wouldnt that have been perfect? Wouldnt a brother be able to just walk into any branch closest to him as per his location and still feel as one?
When I say I attend any church, its about being able to attend any church where ever you find yourself and felowship with brethren there. Back in the day christians were one, you can say you are a brother from Rome or from Ephasus or from judea and you would be welcome in the new church and be given the address of the brethren from the next city incase you need to visit that town. Now adays, a chatholic will go to another town and be afraid or nervouse to fellowship in redeemed. A redeemed person going to a strange land( outside his town of residence) will look for redeemed church to worship. why the divide?
As for chair and other arrangements, the pastor can announce for volunteers and believe me, those who are willing will be there first thing to help out.
It just seems hard and complicated cos christians or greedy men made it look so.
People are forced to be members because if they were not, the church will not recognise them in their time of need to help them.( how christ like right?) I know this as a fact.
Jesus is sure weeping seeing what men have transformed his church to.
Men are greedy, for example, do you think if all christians( members) agree that they will follow the same doctrine and call to merge. Do you think their owners(Daddy GOs) will agree? No, because they will lose control of their cash, their power and their influence. They will not think of God in their decission making rather they will think of how that move will benefit them personally. Those are the churches we have these days.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by ekhai(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
It's high time we dissociate religion from governance.

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by prophetfire: 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
O.O.OBU-in the night hours,when nobody is looking.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by rolletj(m): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
Akwa Ibom State Government Christmas Carol Night Is
Tonight: List Of Artists

https://www.nairaland.com/2054096/akwa-ibom-state-government-christmas#29052562
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by prophetfire: 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ferdinandu:
GEJ attends Anglican communion
and he spices it up with o.o.obu in the night when nobody is looking.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by prophetfire: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
Alphaoscar:
[OBJ] worships at Owu Baptist Church, so automatically he is of the Baptist family.

As for GEJ, he is a member of Olumba olumba but currently on political loan to the Anglican.
you are right about OBJ n GEJ.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by prophetfire: 3:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
9jatriot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Baptist_Convention

Haha, una non go kill person with lafter, which one be political loan again?
for political reasons he identifies with anglican bcs over here folks detest o.o.obu n knowin him as one of them will make him look like a satanist b4 other christians who re in the majority.o.o.obu is nt a decent church.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by prophetfire: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
ultraGM:
He should be a member of Deeper Life because he so gentle
yes.outwardly very gentle but inwardly very "lootey". Shey u undstnd?
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by prophetfire: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
9jatriot:

Any link or source to back this up, I mean the church or cult whatever?
find one n attend yourself.by the time they use blood of cow to bathe you n the night,your eye go see clear.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Don1Dee(m): 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2014
Papparassi:
GEJ stopped being an Olumba olumba since 1999. He dumped Olumba for Anglican in 1999 and now worships at RCCG. In fact he is regular to the RCCG Holy Ghost congress. He was at last years RCCG Holy Ghost congress in Lagos.

GEJ is a very close pal of Pastor Adeboye.

Lies.

I'm a bonafide memeber of Brotherhood of the Cross and Star (BCS [Olumba Olumba]) and a Niger Deltan. GEJ is NOT a member of BCS. He has only step his foots in the church headquarters in Calabar once looking for solution for his former boss, Diepreye. He'd came expecting quick fixes with the belief that we're a cult as most Nlers are posting in this thread. When he's expectation was dashed; it turned out he'll never visit again.

The discourse here is irrelevant as it relates to the governance of this Nation. Let's not be blinded by religion or ethnic bias, president Jonathan has failed us. The Nigeria constitution stated clearly, yes clearly that 'the state house should (here referred as the seat of power) should be separated from any religious centre and its promotion in there'. From practice, especially in this republic the reverse is the case. One of our major problem as individuals, our institutions and nationally is religious blindness.

However, GEJ is an example of our lack of openness in ths side of the Atlantic. Focus your mind back; a thread was opened sometime ago to at least identified one person GEJ taught as a lecturer, according to his profile. Not one person was found. As an individual, I've instigated this too, as you can guess I found none - which is odd. On the flip sisde, I once sat in Osinbajo class in UNILAG. Most recently, 1st Oct. I interviewed him at the platform. Let's stop being sentimental for the good of this country and fate of our unborn children. #peace

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by tuncy(m): 4:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
delishpot:

You are getting me wrong. I did not say I hop from church to church every sunday. I meant to say, this,
Imagine all churches in naija are one, and we have the church of christ as one body lets name that church church of Christ. Ok, on every street we have the church of christ surulere, church of christ Ikeja, curch of christ CMS bustop etc all one body. No redeemed, no cele, no anglican, no catholic, no christ embassy, no dominion church etc. Wouldnt that have been perfect? Wouldnt a brother be able to just walk into any branch closest to him as per his location and still feel as one?
When I say I attend any church, its about being able to attend any church where ever you find yourself and felowship with brethren there. Back in the day christians were one, you can say you are a brother from Rome or from Ephasus or from judea and you would be welcome in the new church and be given the address of the brethren from the next city incase you need to visit that town. Now adays, a chatholic will go to another town and be afraid or nervouse to fellowship in redeemed. A redeemed person going to a strange land( outside his town of residence) will look for redeemed church to worship. why the divide?
As for chair and other arrangements, the pastor can announce for volunteers and believe me, those who are willing will be there first thing to help out.
It just seems hard and complicated cos christians or greedy men made it look so.
People are forced to be members because if they were not, the church will not recognise them in their time of need to help them.( how christ like right?) I know this as a fact.
Jesus is sure weeping seeing what men have transformed his church to.
Men are greedy, for example, do you think if all christians( members) agree that they will follow the same doctrine and call to merge. Do you think their owners(Daddy GOs) will agree? No, because they will lose control of their cash, their power and their influence. They will not think of God in their decission making rather they will think of how that move will benefit them personally. Those are the churches we have these days.

Ok! I understand ur pain! But if you study a lot, you will know this didn't start from nigeria... U should know dat it happened even in the bible! If you study church history, you will be grateful for what you have today! All ur ideas re not scripture found! Imagine u never complain of too many hotels, beer palor, grocery stores,... Yet you complain churches are too much... Take your eyes off what is wrong and focus on what Jesus is doing in His church... Your comment 'Jesus is crying' shows a lack of study and diligence to God's word!!! I believe the word is growing, the word is prevailing, Jesus purchased these with his blood, why not let Him be bothered abt that while you re focus on his word!
The bible clearly says 'some preach christ out of contempt, however Christ is preached any way'... That's d key thing!
The church is matching on, getting stronger! Jesus is glorified!

Lastly, Jesus will rather have every house bcome a church and everyone bcome a pastor than it being a beer parlour, Hotel, hospital.
This is not a religious platform and a recognise dat... *Apology*

But my advice, get a church that you think is teaching the truth, Be committed there, take instructions and most importantly GROW SPIRITUALLY! I could recommend a church for you if you don't mind!
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by errandboy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
@OP you should better mind ur bznes cos GEJ is bible believing christian!!
He does not read the blackbook quran.
He reads the word of God.

If Buhari is a muslim then tell us whether he is sunni/ISIS or Shiite/hezbollah.
Is he Darika, izalla, ahmadiyya, tijjaniya, shia. Surfi, wahabiyya, salafiyya, hamas, alqaeda, bokoharam, alshabab or nasfat.

Irrespective of different muslim sects, their prayer and quran are uniform throughout the world and they pray in any mosque. This is one of the uniqueness of islam as a religion. NOTE: Don't judge islam with muslims,muslims are human being subject to imperfection just like me and you, it is only God that is perfect. If you, if want to know about islam study Quran (translation is available) then you will understand it authenticity.
God bless you
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by landon(m): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Brotherhood of the cross and star a.k.a olumba olumba
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by FolabiCash: 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
Rather I've a Tiwa Savage clapping on Front page than this bullshit. Whoever started this should be banned.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by tucee31: 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2014
9jatriot:

Ordinarily, it should not have been but at this critical time in our existence as a nation, every single information has not become important to our subjective and objective minds.

Pls it doesn't matter right now. Na church dem dem go use enter heaven? Abeg, Let's ponder on the pressing issues at hand right now.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by DWJOBScom(m): 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
Alphaoscar:
[OBJ] worships at Owu Baptist Church, so automatically he is of the Baptist family.

As for GEJ, he is a member of Olumba olumba but currently on political loan to the Anglican.

You guys don't know what you are doing.......
The more noise the more resolute we are.........
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by amelieoneill: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
Like Shannon said I'm amazed that you able to make $4303 in 4 weeks on the internet .
You could try here ------>>> W­­W­­W.J­­O­­B­­S­­F­­I­­S­­H.C­­O­­M
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by yemjazz: 5:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
nessaluv:
0f what importance is that to you and to 'Nigerians'.....?

@op do you know the church 0basanjo attended when he was the president
Obasanjo is a Baptist
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by misshoree(f): 6:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
He is my church member,shikena undecided
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Rexnegro(m): 6:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
9jatriot:
What Church Exactly Does Christian GEJ Attend?

Not that religion is suppose to matter in our choice of leaders, but since the politics of today is centred around religion even when the so called religious people obviously do not follow or obey the tenets of their religion, we still choose to follow that line blindly.

In the light of that, we know Buhari is a muslim, we know Sambo is a muslim, we know Osibanjo is a christian and attends RCCG, but we are simply told GEJ is a Christian but no mention of the congregation he is a part of. Nigerians want to know.
He attends otuoke bible church . E be like say u no get work abi ?
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by bobjack(m): 6:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
SuperMartins:
Is this your problem at the moment?

my dear...am surprised ooh..
pple nor geh work shaaa

1 Like

Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by uniquelady247: 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
Aglican church.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by ERODEDEAST(f): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
@OP you should better mind ur bznes cos GEJ is bible believing christian!!
He does not read the blackbook quran.
He reads the word of God.

If Buhari is a muslim then tell us whether he is sunni/ISIS or Shiite/hezbollah.
Is he Darika, izalla, ahmadiyya, tijjaniya, shia. Surfi, wahabiyya, salafiyya, hamas, alqaeda, bokoharam, alshabab or nasfat.
ur head dey there bros millions of thanks.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Revolva(m): 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
Church of fools
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
9jatriot:

Ordinarily, it should not have been but at this critical time in our existence as a nation, every single information has not become important to our subjective and objective minds.
haba... propaganda again. let the man be for once!
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by meryl4merit(f): 9:32pm On Dec 20, 2014
Buh seriously I wonder y people will jux wake up 1 Mawnin and decide to lie... Haba, all dose saying he attends olumba did u see him dere Well GEJ is an Anglican, he has always been an Anglican since I knew him as d deputy governor of Bayelsa state.... Am also an Anglican so I knw nd hv seen him in church severally... In yenagoa he attends st peters deanery ( 4dose who knows wat it means). And @his home town otuoke he attends d Anglican church dere(don't rilly knw d name).
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by femliany(m): 10:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
he worships@ Eriwoya Baptist Lailah
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Caseless: 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2014
gebest:
Right from the onset i always look at him as a vampire and those his supporters blood are next for him to sacrifice.
i was shocked to hear on 'sunshine'(a chennel's tv programe) where a man called and was saying gej is a cultist. He went further to say it was his wife who took him to olumba olumba church/temple in calabar and that was wher the prophecy of him(gej) becoming a president was made. They also told him there will b 'blood-shedding' /loss of lives under his watch. The caller was stopped by the presenter, since he was without evidence. Having heard this, i dnt knw why d heartless gej decided to contest then despite d warning.
Most of our leaders are connected to d dark.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Truckpusher(m): 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
Caseless:
i was shocked to hear on 'sunshine'(a chennel's tv programe) where a man called and was saying gej is a cultist. He went further to say it was his wife who took him to olumba olumba church/temple in calabar and that was wher the prophecy of him(gej) becoming a president was made. They also told him there will b 'blood-shedding' /loss of lives under his watch. The caller was stopped by the presenter, since he was without evidence. Having heard this, i dnt knw why d heartless gej decided to contest then despite d warning.
Most of our leaders are connected to d dark.
Your dumbness seem to have gathered momentum.......smh

You need to see a doctor now my friend.
Re: Which Church Does Goodluck Jonathan Attend? by Caseless: 11:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
Truckpusher:
Your dumbness seem to have gathered momentum.......smh

You need to see a doctor now my friend.
u are a useless jackal. What an idi0t are u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Patrick Obahiagbon's Easter Message To Nigerians! / Lords Chosen Members Carrying Out Evangelism In Woolwich, UK (Photo, Video) / Counsellor Lutterodt: "Man Who Fails To Give His Woman Orgasm Will Go To Hell"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.