Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,428 members, 7,954,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? (1254 Views)

Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? / Your Thoughts About What Happens On Emmanuel Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by babino22: 9:18pm On Dec 19, 2014
Please i would like to know, and if there is any biblical reference(s) of not paying the full tithe. Is it that there is no reward for it at all or God will just bless you in proportion of the percentage you are bringing.
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by pafra(m): 9:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
Tithes simply means one tenth. So if it's not one tenth is not tithes. The angels will record it as offering for you.your reward will be proportional to that of offering. Don't expect the reward of malachi rebucking devourer, opening windows of heaven etc
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by Ramon92: 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2014
popsy in the sky wont be happy with you because you are starving robbing him, after giving you freely at first.... And if popsy in the sky aint happy, well.....
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by nora544: 10:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
babino22:
Please i would like to know, and if there is any biblical reference(s) of not paying the full tithe. Is it that there is no reward for it at all or God will just bless you in proportion of the percentage you are bringing.

sorry tithing is not for christians it comes from the money loving pentecost/charismatic man made god, who all are fake.

a real christian should give what he can and when he has no money he can give his time.

3 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by babino22: 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2014
[quote author=nora544 post=29035526]

sorry tithing is not for christians it comes from the money loving pentecost/charismatic man made god, who all are fake.

a real christian should give what he can and when he has no money he can give his time. Oga, i think they are just following what the bible says.
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by dein77(m): 11:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
pafra:
Tithes simply means one tenth. So if it's not one tenth is not tithes. The angels will record it as offering for you.your reward will be proportional to that of offering. Don't expect the reward of malachi rebucking devourer, opening windows of heaven etc

Una don start again oooo

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 20, 2014
babino22:

Nothing happens except your wealth increases in triple manifolds, especially when you give a fraction of it to any orphanage.

If there were ever an opportunity for God to conclusively show He was interested in 10 per cent of gross income, Joseph had a perfect opportunity to make it absolutely clear.

"And Joseph made it a law over the land of Egypt to this day, that Pharaoh should have one-fifth except for the land of the priests only, which did not become Pharaoh’s." (Gen. 47:26)

Keep in mind, the Spirit of God was in him.

So my friend, you may chose to pay your tithe to the "Vampires" parading themselves as men of god or to their private business organizations known as churches.
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 20, 2014
babino22:

Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In
your tithes and contributions. (Malachi 3:cool

Ask Ananias and Sapphira what happens to those who do not pay up in full. (Acts 5:4).
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 20, 2014
babino22:

"Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In your tithes and contributions." (Malachi 3:8 )

Ask Ananias and Sapphira what happens to those who do not pay up in full. (Acts 5:4 ). You wouldn't want that to happen to you now, WOULD YOU?
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by babino22: 8:40am On Dec 20, 2014
Ananias and Sapphira were not asked to bring tithe, it was a consensus to sell all their belongings and bring the money to peter. Though i would not like what happened to them happen to me. But i don't think it's the best illustration to use.
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2014
babino22:
Ananias and Sapphira were not asked to bring tithe, it was a consensus to sell all their belongings and bring the money to peter. Though i would not like what happened to them happen to me. But i don't think it's the best illustration to use.

Well, if they were 'smitten down' for not bringing in a voluntary donation in full. Imagine what could happen if it were to be a compulsory donation like the tithe is made out to be.
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by babino22: 9:19am On Dec 20, 2014
Hmmm, i guess you Should be seeing alot of people falling down and dying in the street of lagos because alot of people don't even pay at all let alone paying half. I get your point sha, God help us.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by brocab: 10:41am On Dec 20, 2014
Nothing happens to you, matter of fact stop paying tithes.
Tithing comes under the law, and you were redeemed from that law through Jesus.
babino22:

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by brocab: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2014
Which people? Your dreaming no-one going to die in the streets for paying half all even full.
Read your bibles, Jesus redeemed us from that tithing law.
babino22:
Hmmm, i guess you Should be seeing alot of people falling down and dying in the street of lagos because alot of people don't even pay at all let alone paying half. I get your point sha, God help us.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by adexsimply(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2014
Abuamam:

"Will man rob God? Yet you are robbing me. But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In
your tithes and contributions." (Malachi 3:8 )

Ask Ananias and Sapphira what happens to those who do not pay up in full. (Acts 5:4 ). You wouldn't want that to happen to you now, WOULD YOU?
of course, the MERCIFUL and COMPASSIONATE God struck them dead instantly, despite the fact that they've been serving him faithfully prior to that incident.
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by Caracta(f): 2:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
adexsimply:
of course, the MERCIFUL and COMPASSIONATE God struck them dead instantly, despite the fact that they've been serving him faithfully prior to that incident.

What's your problem? What are you dealing with?
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by adexsimply(m): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2014
Caracta:

What's your problem? What are you dealing with?
Hello.
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by brocab: 12:31am On Dec 21, 2014
If Jesus didn't find any weakness in tithing back in those days of old, then all God's people would still be tithing today.

Jesus had seen how the tithing law how it corrupted the Pharisees.

Matthew 6:24 Jesus say's: No-one can serve to masters; you will be loyal to the one and despise the other, you cannot serve God and Mammon.

Matthew 23 gives us a positive description about the Scribes and the Pharisees, how they lived on the highways while receiving tithes from God's people.
Malachi 3 shows us the priesthood were ripping off God, after receiving tithes and offerings.

If Jesus couldn't find any fault with the tithing system, then I ask "why was Jesus so disappointed with the Pharisees.

Is it because the Pharisees knew nothing about God-They used the tithe to Gain access into houses with gelable women loaded down with sins, and "Pray" thank you "God" I'm not one of these, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, evil suspicions, proud, corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that Godliness is the means of Gain {Money}

Jesus clearly seen the tithing system 'God' had made-wasn't used as planned.
Satan seen a great opportunity-calling in his own priest to twist and turn and destroy these plans; it would have worked if the flesh didn't have its weaknesses.

The truth is "Money" can changed a man over night, look at the way the Pharisees lived, living the highways.

Jesus had good reasons why he wrote Matthew 23, as a guide, given us directions, not only the priest in those day's, were corrupting the tithing system, we see this same ordeal happening in the 20th century. Wake up people, Don't be fooled. From such withdraw yourself.

1 Like

Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by PastorKun(m): 7:52am On Dec 21, 2014
brocab:
If Jesus didn't find any weakness in tithing back in those days of old, then all God's people would still be tithing today.

Jesus had seen how the tithing law how it corrupted the Pharisees.

Matthew 6:24 Jesus say's: No-one can serve to masters; you will be loyal to the one and despise the other, you cannot serve God and Mammon.

Matthew 23 gives us a positive description about the Scribes and the Pharisees, how they lived on the highways while receiving tithes from God's people.
Malachi 3 shows us the priesthood were ripping off God, after receiving tithes and offerings.

If Jesus couldn't find any fault with the tithing system, then I ask "why was Jesus so disappointed with the Pharisees.

Is it because the Pharisees knew nothing about God-They used the tithe to Gain access into houses with gelable women loaded down with sins, and "Pray" thank you "God" I'm not one of these, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, evil suspicions, proud, corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that Godliness is the means of Gain {Money}

Jesus clearly seen the tithing system 'God' had made-wasn't used as planned.
Satan seen a great opportunity-calling in his own priest to twist and turn and destroy these plans; it would have worked if the flesh didn't have its weaknesses.

The truth is "Money" can changed a man over night, look at the way the Pharisees lived, living the highways.

Jesus had good reasons why he wrote Matthew 23, as a guide, given us directions, not only the priest in those day's, were corrupting the tithing system, we see this same ordeal happening in the 20th century. Wake up people, Don't be fooled. From such withdraw yourself.

The tithing system God established and which Jesus spoke about in Matthew never involved money, so your analysis here can't be exactly correct.
Re: What Happens When You Didn't Pay Full 10%? by brocab: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
Sorry brother I should have explained myself more clearly.

But think about this?
The Pharisees would used the tithes and offerings, to Gain another way to retrieve access from foods for cash, using God as a weapon against his people.
Listen:
The Pharisees used the temple to be used as a market place so the people could sell mechanise to the buyers.

The Pharisees were receiving tithes and offerings plus a cash back guarantee.

Most people call it rent, some call it trade.

So then it is correct.

So not only did the Pharisees received tithes and offerings, in foods but they received cash, from the people on temple grounds.

This is why Jesus wrote Matthew 23 as a warning.

The Pharisees had opened a door way using the temple as a market place for these merchants to sell and buy Foods, stocks, crops and first fruits from Gods people.

The sad part about this story is the tithes and offering belonged not only to the priesthood but to the poor the needy the hungry, the fatherless and the widows.

It wasn't God's plan, but Satan's plan to twist and turn the tithing system around using the priesthood to Gain more than they deserved.

Don't be fooled brother, what happen then, happens now.
PastorKun:

The tithing system God established and which Jesus spoke about in Matthew never involved money, so your analysis here can't be exactly correct.

(1) (Reply)

Fathers Sticking Their Fingers Into Their Daughters In The Bible / Does God Lie In The Bible And Permit Lying?? / My People. Free Yourselves From Mental Slavery!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.