Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) (50018 Views)

How President Buhari Can Stop Boko Haram - Prophet Cardinal Onaiyekan / How President Buhari Chose The Ministerial Nominees – Garba Shehu / How Jonathan Met Atiku In Yola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by rozayx5(m): 1:59pm On Dec 20, 2014
tayor399:
GENERAL MUHAMMADU BUHARI
ECONOMY
Inherited a dwindling economy,
1. Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption
and cleared the country's debt
2. Reduced Inflation from 23% to 3.21% within
20months.
3. Nigeria's GDP by Purchasing Power Parity was
$941.2, it Grew by 8.56 %
3. Refused to devalue the Naira
4. curbing imports of needless goods, curtailing oil
theft and using counter trade policy to barter
seized illegally bunkered crude oil for needful
goods like machineries, enabling it to export above
its OPEC quota.
5. Under Buhari, Hoarded Goods were Sold at prices
below market.
CORRUPTION:
1. Senator Sabo Bakin Zuwo, The Civilian Governor
of Kano State was jailed for 300Years because $4.5
million was said to be found "stacked up" in Zuwo's
home when it was searched by the new military
government. He died in 1989
2. Vice President Alex Ekwueme was jailed of
corruption. Stockpiles of money ranged from
$56,000 found at his home
3. Fmr Bendel Governor Ambrose Alli was jailed for
100years for misappropriating funds belonging to
Bendel State to the tune of N983,000. The Money
was meant for road project but he donated it to his
Party. He was later freed when Sir Gabriel
Igbenedion paid fine to the Government.
4. A total of 4000 exGovernment officials submitted
themselves to be tried for Corruption.Over 600 were
Jailed Convicted and Jailed.
5. Many High profile Government officials,
Businessmen, foreigners were jailed for one corrupt
practice or the other.
6. Political office Holders, Businessmen,
Contractors, civil servants and many others shunned
corruption like a Plague
INSURGENCY
1. Maitatsine Group founded by Maitatsine Marwa, a
Koranic scholar, rejected the hadith and the sunnah
and regarded the reading of any other book but
the Koran as paganism raised its head in 1979
during the Administration of President Shehu
Shagari after he was contained by the Murtala
and Obasanjo Administrations. Maitatsine spoke
against the use of radios, watches, bicycles, cars
and the possession of more money than
necessary. Churches, Market, Police Formations,
Government buildings etc was attacked leaving over
FIVE thousand dead btw 1979 and 1981 (including
Maitatsine).The Group moved to Kano, Borno,
Kaduna, Gombe and environs. Over 4,000 people
died(65% were insurgents). Buhari Crushed the
Insurgency COMPLETELY within 16months. The 2i/c
fled to Cameroon and was arrested in 2004.
OTHER SECURITY
1. There was high rate of armed robbery during
Shagari's regime. Buhari stopped it, brought an end
to armed robbery.
2. Introduced NURTW to checkmate "One Chance"
and subsequently brought law and order.
3. Drug traffikers were executed.
PETROLEUM INFRASTRUCTURE
1. As NNPC Chairman, He was the man that Initiated
and signed the construction contract of the existing
Warri and Kaduna refineries. Two of the ONLY 3
Refineries In Nigeria. As at that time, Nigeria had
just 1 Refinery-Portharcourt Refinery, established in
THE PRESS
He Instituted decree 2 and Decree 4 that was aimed
at gaging the Press and Banned street protests. This
is his only low but he was honest in his actions.
N/B: I deliberately refused to including Road
Projects and others so as not to make it too bulky
and boring.

are u guys still peddling this falsehood that we have xposed on this forum

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by mikron(m): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
Open knowledge he sanctioned it; No, insensitive statement Yes!..
they said they were attacking and looting /killing the Christians because Buhari lost, Did he call them to order? Capital NO. Did he condemn d attacks? Another NO. So what do u call that? He loved what they did, in order words he sanctioned it. Simple

3 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by akereconfi: 2:12pm On Dec 20, 2014
donodion:

ogbeni show us the pictures...haba too much to ask?.No be you take am brag?grin abi na bobo? Functional trains in Nigeria ( not on paper grin) that are FAR BETTER than the ones in Uk....oya bring them.

Take it easy champ, I will post a picture next time and boarding one.

Anyone on Nairaland in the UK that has boarded any of the East Midlands trains will know what am talking about. Even from Manchester Piccadilly

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Drone007: 2:14pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
If I may ask what were our past leaders doing in office all this years starting from Shagari
, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abubakar, Obasanjo and Yar'Adua that the railway were decaying ?
.....also NEPA and the entire electricity infrastructure, too!

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by kenock: 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
And what the hell are the affected northern state governors doing? Is GEJ living with them or share the security vote worth billions paid to them from the federal. Why can't ppl appreciate someones effort and encourage him to do more. I wonder o.

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2014
anonimi:

How is 2010-2014 equal to 7 years
You go school at all?

where were u wen yaradua died after 2yrs in power ebele took over as president then ran again in 2011 so from 2009 till 2015 is dat 7yrs?
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
anonimi:

How is 2010-2014 equal to 7 years
You go school at all?

where were u wen yaradua died after 2yrs in power ebele took over as president then ran again in 2011 so from 2009 till 2015 is dat 6yrs? Over half a decade
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by anonimi: 2:26pm On Dec 20, 2014
keyman0007:

where were u wen yaradua died after 2yrs in power ebele took over as president then ran again in 2011 so from 2009 till 2015 is dat 7yrs?

2009-2015 is only 6 years.
Meanwhile we are still in 2014.
Moreover, Yar'Adua died in 2010.

Clueless plus Daft equals
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
major466:

You watched the movie? One of the best documentaries ever!
The documentary showed in great details how private individuals build America.

The men who built American

Remains among the top 5 educational film out of US
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by angelsing(m): 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2014
mikron:
they said they were attacking and looting /killing the Christians because Buhari lost, Did he call them to order? Capital NO. Did he condemn d attacks? Another NO. So what do u call that? He loved what they did, in order words he sanctioned it. Simple
So for the fact someone did not come out to condemn it means he is in support or he sanctioned it.....Remembered those who condemn their act are either killed or threatened... Anyway since u want to him condemn it here it is ...www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/borno-massacre-boko-haram-ideology-devilish-buhari/
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by nigerianvenom(m): 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

So what was happening to the so much oil money when the railway was completely broken down and dysfunctional?

By the way, what is your definition of PROGRESS? Progress is when you move From a state of dysfuctionality to the point of functionality. That is progress and that is what GEJ is doing in the railway sector.

The enemies of progress can go and die

Thanks bro for this golden piece

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by TDstarr: 2:52pm On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:
GEJ is a joke if you don't know. This is what a country with so much oil money can come up with. Why do some set of nigerians love [size=18pt]MEDIOCRITY[/size]. compare that scrab to this in South Africa, nonsense

dat train is crap i remember my guy that came from south africa laughing when they commisioned the nigerian preused train, thr money used is commisioning it is more than the train
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by M4gunners: 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2014
slimfit1:
He try no be small but I think we have people that can do better.
No doubt about that, but it has to be a new face like this GMB running mate not old school like Buhari.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by M4gunners: 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
TDstarr:
dat train is crap i remember my guy that came from south africa laughing when they commisioned the nigerian preused train, thr money used is commisioning it is more than the train
Hw many did we have b4 GEJ took over power?

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by olyivy(f): 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
Here it is but u will have to read down a little bit to get where the PDP accused the governor before Davis cam out wit his own.. sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=82117

Thats the point. PDP is not GEJ or FG. GEJ cannot be responsible for everything FG says, like APC and its government officials. If the president came out and openly accused a governor of sponsoring Boko Haram, it will be a scandal of the highest order.

The other link said SSS cleared Ihejirika and Former Governor Sherif who is PDP and not Current Governor Shettima who is APC.
Are you now Sheriff fan?

Please give me the proof of where GEJ/FG accused Borno Governor of being Boko Haram sponsor or where SSS cleared him of being one!
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Hogsmead: 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Bring the link of the project.
Google Gautrain
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by mikron(m): 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
So for the fact someone did not come out to condemn it means he is in support or he sanctioned it.....Remembered those who condemn their act are either killed or threatened... Anyway since u want to him condemn it here it is ...www.vanguardngr.com/2014/02/borno-massacre-boko-haram-ideology-devilish-buhari/
I'm not talking of Buhari condemning Boko haram rather I'm talking about his silence over the bloody aftermath of the 2011 presidential elections where he lost under the umbrella of the CPC. Recently he even made threatening and inflammatory statement about how baboons and dogs will be soaked in blood in Nigeria in 2015 if elections are rigged (in order words if he loses).
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by M4gunners: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
If I may ask what were our past leaders doing in office all this years starting from Shagari
, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abubakar, Obasanjo and Yar'Adua that the railway were decaying ?
And people don't see this. Even if nigerians don't want GEJ a again let the APC present a capable candidate which they have failed to do. GEJ till nigerians start seeing the truth.

2 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by TDstarr: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2014
M4gunners:
Hw many did we have b4 GEJ took over power?
at least we have d money to do d best in the world and he must have spent billions of dollars on the wack train
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Reptyle(m): 3:10pm On Dec 20, 2014
olyivy:

Thats the point. PDP is not GEJ or FG. GEJ cannot be responsible for everything FG says, like APC and its government officials. If the president came out and openly accused a governor of sponsoring Boko Haram, it will be a scandal of the highest order.

The other link said SSS cleared Ihejirika and Former Governor Sherif who is PDP and not Current Governor Shettima who is APC.
Are you now Sheriff fan?

Please give me the proof of where GEJ/FG accused Borno Governor of being Boko Haram sponsor or where SSS cleared him of being one!

Noooooo why will they clear him? The DSS only clears new found friends of the president who happened to be in power at the advent of the Boko Haram scourge.....like Modu Sheriff. The same one who is now a member of the PDP and walking around with about 200 Nigerian soldiers guarding him.

If Shettima wants to be cleared by the DSS, he only needs to hop on the GEJ 2015 train.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by M4gunners: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2014
TDstarr:
at least we have d money to do d best in the world and he must have spent billions of dollars on the wack train
I know you are a real naija born trying to avoid my question. I repeat b4 GEJ hw many do we have?

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by rhames(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
ochejoseph:
Moving from a comatose rail system to what we presently have despite the huge expenditure expended in tackling insurgency coupled with the beheading, kidnap and killing of many rail construction workers is commendable!

in a few weeks time the president will also be commissioning sub saharan Africa's First speed rail

How old are these refurbished scraps and how many days will it take you from Lagos to Kano and back?
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by MudRaker: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:
GEJ is a joke if you don't know. This is what a country with so much oil money can come up with. Why do some set of nigerians love [size=18pt]MEDIOCRITY[/size]. compare that scrab to this in South Africa, nonsense

Since you are in a comparing mode...

Let us compare state of Lagos state schools to that of the Uk.

[img]http://www.britishschool.nl/uploaded/Campus_Map/photos/JSV/British_School_in_The_Netherlands_JSV_Key_Stage_2_Class_(1).jpg[/img]

Do you seriously expect Jonathan to fix all what your past leaders destroyed or where not able to achieve?

You people are seriously and hopelessly filled with hatred.

Vultures.

4 Likes

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by olyivy(f): 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
Reptyle:

Noooooo why will they clear him? The DSS only clears new found friends of the president who happened to be in power at the advent of the Boko Haram scourge.....like Modu Sheriff. The same one who is now a member of the PDP and walking around with about 200 Nigerian soldiers guarding him.

If Shettima wants to be cleared by the DSS, he only needs to hop on the GEJ 2015 train.
Ok, whatever!

However, your friend angelsing is now ignorantly saying it was Shettima that was cleared.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by dabossman(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
rozayx5:

i wonder. buhari followers are yet to show us tangible achievements of buhari.

Sorry Bro, you may be too young to know, but the trains were working during Buhari's regime. Even up to the late 80's when IBB was in charge the rails still worked. I remember as a kid we used to be excited watching the trains pass at Yaba near Fela's house. When I was in Pry 6 in 1989 we took a train ride from Iddo as part of our excursion week. You can't pin the death of the NRC on Buhari.
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by benson81(m): 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
angelsing:
I never said its a child's play, what I ask for is the picture of the north presently...If it has the support of the north like u said, don't u think the presidency wud have fished those involve out.. When the chibok Girls were kidnap, they all accused the state Governor in all conspiracy talk and now he has been cleared....Let's leave the north agenda or born to rule talk, let's just face the question I asked
so there is a picture(one picture) that can portray the whole north?.it will be interesting to see undecided
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 20, 2014
at least he was just here for 4yrs and did what your past criminal dads couldnt do. fooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Sincere9gerian:
It took the vultures 5 decades to damage Nigeria. For GEJ, it has been 5 years of hardwork , fixing a very badly damaged Nigeria. So far, so good.

GEJ, fixing a badly damaged Nigeria since 1804
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by sameesyd(m): 5:22pm On Dec 20, 2014
diluminati:

Y comparing 9ja nd SA, 95% of d infrastructural development are achieve by d white settlers nt d blacks. PROUDLY 9ja
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by MduZA: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2014
sameesyd:

Y comparing 9ja nd SA, 95% of d infrastructural development are achieve by d white settlers nt d blacks. PROUDLY 9ja

you are still using that barbaric excuse,Nigeria s economy is the biggest in Africa therefore we expect to see great things from that country....for your information the Chinese are the ones developing your infrastructure,so dont play the race card to console yourself
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by amelieoneill: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Like Shannon said I'm amazed that you able to make $4303 in 4 weeks on the internet .
You could try here ------>>> W­­W­­W.J­­O­­B­­S­­F­­I­­S­­H.C­­O­­M
Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by thunder74(m): 5:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
My brother those people killed rail system for their trailer business to strive. Haven't you noticed that a particular tribe owns all the trailers businesses. That is why they are not supporting GEJ bc he is spoiling their monopolised businesses in many sectors.
Haven't you noticed also that he is being criticised more by these same people who will oppose anything good for the country.

1 Like

Re: This Was How President Jonathan Met Our Railway System (Pictures) by Jimmyo3(m): 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Jonathan is quietly and diligently fixing a Nigeria that the Yoruba thief left,and this clueless buhari fans keep ranting on social media when their voices cant even cross the fore walls of Abuja talkless of aso rock, it a pity u cannot use media propaganda to oust incumbent president,those who have eyes can see what the president is doing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Iliasu Abdul-Rauf: 14 Girls Found Locked Up In Apartment In Abuja / Protest Erupts In Katsina Over Kidnap Of School Children / Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019 Results By The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.