Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,113 members, 7,838,820 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

HARDEST MATHS Question Ever - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HARDEST MATHS Question Ever (42861 Views)

Do You Still Remember? Who Can Solve This Jss1 Maths Question? Ja / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Maths Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by jamace(m): 1:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
ebubest19:
Every Physicist, Chemist, Engineer,The military, Pharmacist and Doctors must be grounded i mathematics, even in football mathematic is comming into play.
For instance, for the military to lounch a missile, the must have the idea of projectile motion- which has alot of Physics and Mathematics.
By the way the man who invented the computer is a mathematics.
This was the answer my maths 101 lecturer gave me when I asked same question. But I have not seen where differentiation and integration have been used to solve real life problems. The mathematics I have seen even the engineers using is elementary mathematics like the ones we did in primary and secondary schools. Integration and differentiation ends in the 4 walls of the university. Am I wrong?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by jdbrasco(m): 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

You can take it up from there sir.I couldn't think of any other way to get the radius cheesy
u r gud bro. Jst use dat expression nd u will get ur radius.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2014
XXX5:
A Construction Firm wishes to use a group of fifty professionals to execute a project. These fifty are to be selected from 110 engineers. there are Y number of women in the firm and X number of men. The number of male engineers necessary to complete the project are 10100 to base two. If the firm consists of [(50!/49!)+(5²-√{225!/224!})] women, Calculate the value of... [(X²+Y³)25]/e10]+(65/{5×√4}²).

HINT: I refer to this question as a chain of EVALUATIONS in which only those able to manipulate Complexities are able to solve.
GOOD LUCK!

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by musicwriter(m): 1:48pm On Dec 21, 2014
jamace:
Seeing the way some guys rattle mathematics here, a genuine thought just came into my head. Why is it that great mathematicians are not the richest (money) in the world?.
Reason: Most of the things they do in advanced mathematics are for entertainment/fun (call them games) and can not be applied to real life situations. Otherwise, can any mathematics teacher/student here tell me whether they have integrated or differentiated their problems and arrived at a real life solution? For instance, you are broke and you applied integration or differentiation to the problem and produced money. grin
Note: I love mathematics.

Sorry, you have a wrong concept of mathematics, same problem with many of us in Africa. We can't conceptualize science. Maths is not used for all those things you mentioned but common sense.

Maths is used in real life for example; calculating the best code to write softwares to power machines, calculating the best mechanisms in robotics design, calculating the best way to make a mobile phone weigh less, e.t.c. It's mostly used in engineering. If you use computer, mobile phone, e.t.c the calculations that make the machines work were done by mathematicians.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Are you an Engineer, Physicist or does your area of specialilization involves more of mathemathics?
jamace:
This was the answer my maths 101 lecturer gave me when I asked same question. But I have not seen where differentiation and integration have been used to solve real life problems. The mathematics I have seen even the engineers using is elementary mathematics like the ones we did in primary and secondary schools. Integration and differentiation ends in the 4 walls of the university. Am I wrong?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by jamace(m): 1:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
musicwriter:

Sorry, you have a wrong concept of mathematics, same problem with many of us in Africa. We can't conceptualize science. Maths is not used for all those things you mentioned but common sense.

Maths is used in real life for example; calculating the best code to write softwares to power machines, calculating the best mechanisms in robotics design, calculating the best way to make a mobile phone weigh less, e.t.c. It's mostly used in engineering. If you use computer, mobile phone, e.t.c the calculations that make the machines work were done by mathematicians.
The same story my lecturer told me. What I'm saying is, do you use integration and differentiation to calculate the best code for softwares, best mechanism in robotics design etc. I have stayed with practicing engineers and all I see them using are simple every day mathematical equations like, Area = Length x Breadth, V= u +at, where figures are substituted into the formula and their job is done. No integration and differentiation or Abstract Algebra.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by killsmith(f): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
jamace:
have u heard of fluid mechanics?...quantuum mechanics...topology....tensor analysis?......engineers and economists largely make use of differentiation and integration...don't expose ur ignorance next time...cheers!
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by thaoriginator: 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
XXX5:
Solution:
Upper limit of the set = 50
n + r = 50 + 5
n + r = 55
n = 55 - r
from St 2.
n × r = 750
but n = 55 - r
hence,
r(55 - r) = 750
r² - 55r + 750 = 0
r² - 30r - 25r + 750 = 0
r(r - 30) -25(r - 30) = 0
r = 30 Or 25.
but n + r = 55
for r = 25
n = 55 - 25 = 30.
for r = 30
n = 55 - 30 = 25.
but n + r > 50 by 5.
if r = 25 and n = 30
25 + 30 = 55 > 50 by 5.
and from the question, n > r.
so the right evaluation to be used is
r = 25 and n = 30.
Now, nPr
nPr = n!/(n - r)!
nPr = 30!/(30 - 25)!
nPr = 30!/5!
abeg take am easy o cry
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by jamace(m): 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
ebubest19:
Are you an Engineer, Physicist or does your area of specialilization involves more of mathemathics?
I have lived with all of the mentioned. None of them have used integration or differentiation to solve practical problems. All I see them use are every day mathematics. In fact, I met an engineer installing an equipment in our office. I saw him open a manual. Out of curiosity, I peeped into the manual to see whether he was using differentiation and integration. Behold, he was using a simple linear equation and was just substituting figures to set the equipment. To satisfy my curiosity, I asked him why he was not using integration and differentiation. He said, "My brother, leave those things alone. They are difficult and stopped in the 4 walls of the university". I was like, why waste ones time studying what will not be used in real life situation?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
jdbrasco:
u r gud bro. Jst use dat expression nd u will get ur radius.
Okay, thanks. n= (44/7)r^2. p=99/100. What does the E stand for? And what will be the value so we can solve for r? Thanks.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by jamace(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
killsmith:
have u heard of fluid mechanics?...quantuum mechanics...topology....tensor analysis?......engineers and economists largely make use of differentiation and integration...don't expose ur ignorance next time...cheers!
I have heard more of all those including Abstract Algebra, but all the nonsense ended in the 4 walls of the university. Why waste precious time studying what can not better ones life. Life is simple. Why waste time trying to prove what some men saw in the spirit world? grin

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by musicwriter(m): 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
jamace:
The same story my lecturer told me. What I'm saying is, do you use integration and differentiation to calculate the best code for softwares, best mechanism in robotics design etc. I have stayed with practicing engineers and all I see them using are simple every day mathematical equations like, Area = Length x Breadth, V= u +at, where figures are substituted into the formula and their job is done. No integration and differentiation or Abstract Algebra.

Maths is not just about 1+1 so your view is very simplistic to say the least. Maths is life!. Maths make physics posible, maths makes chemistry possible. Yes, everyday whether you're aware of it or not you're solving maths questions in your daily life as you seems to suggest earlier. But, that's not where it ends. You think that's where it ends?.
The problem is you can't conceptualize maths. Very few will understand what I'm talking about.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by jamace(m): 2:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
musicwriter:

Maths is not just about 1+1 so your view is very simplistic to say the least. Maths is life!. Maths make physics posible, maths makes chemistry possible. Everyday whether you're aware of it or not you're solving maths questions in your daily life. But, that's not where it ends. You think that's where it ends?.
The problem is you can't conceptualize maths. Very few will understand what I'm talking about.
Yes. I understand you. I am saying that we should study simple mathematics in our universities so that we can apply them to real life. Why study mathematics that is only useful for academic exercise only? Mathematics that can not solve simple life's problem is useless, just like differentiation, integration, topology, abstract algebra e.t.c! Period.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
The guy that told you that integration and differenciation stops in the four walls of a university, doesn't know what he is saying.
Though am still an aspiring Physicist most equations formulated in solving problems involves integration and differentiation. For in stance, if you want to determine the current through an inductor, you integrate. Also if you want to determine the equation of a constructive or destructive interference, you differentiate e.t.c. Also for an engineer trying to design a generator or transformer, he must apply differenitiation in order to determine the rate of change of magnetic line of flux.
jamace:
I have lived with all of the mentioned. None of them have used integration or differentiation to solve practical problems. All I see them use are every day mathematics. In fact, I met an engineer installing an equipment in our office. I saw him open a manual. Out of curiosity, I peeped into the manual to see whether he was using differentiation and integration. Behold, he was using a simple linear equation and was just substituting figures to set the equipment. To satisfy my curiosity, I asked him why he was not using integration and differentiation. He said, "My brother, leave those things alone. They are difficult and stopped in the 4 walls of the university". I was like, why waste ones time studying what will not be used in real life situation?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by rapins: 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

Check your answer again. Y is number of women ie 60 not the other way round.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by tomistelle(f): 3:04pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hahaha,I won't even try because any calculations dat is beyond 3lines is an enemy,a no go area[color=#990000][/color]
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by tomistelle(f): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
;DMehn,see gurus dem and dey r mostly guys...I dnt envy them one bit
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
rapins:

Check your answer again. Y is number of women ie 60 not the other way round.
Thanks. I have resolved and I got "0.65054625" as the answer. Does this tally with yours?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by rapins: 3:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

Thanks. I have resolved and I got "0.65054625" as the answer. Does this tally with yours?

Yes.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Timcy2(m): 3:13pm On Dec 21, 2014
like if u are seeing such maths 4 d first tym.

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2014
rapins:

Yes.
Good we are on the same page. Did you try the word problem on page 4 about the age of a woman and her husband? That's a bit trickish though I have solved it, you may want to try it too.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by rapins: 3:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

Good we are on the same page. Did you try the word problem on page 4 about the age of a woman and her husband? That's a bit trickish though I have solved it, you may want to try it too.

Yes I did and your answer was correct.

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by sweetgala(m): 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
That nah easy maths.
What I have found is math becomes easy when you practice it yourself and understand the principles and methodology
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by zyzxx(m): 3:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Impressive
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by akinladejo: 3:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Go and ask Chike Obi
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Ezyp(m): 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
PHAYOL81:
Dis is exactly y i hate MADmatics....it looks really crazy i cant underrstand a thng.Tell d answr and i'd still found it difficult 2 get it yet.#effect of MADmatics#
bro mathematics is not hard..its English that is hard...My lecturer once said that if you understand English very well u can solve any mathematics and that's true....Understand the grammar used and u will be able to solve it...
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by magabounce(m): 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
Burn notice!!!!!
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by hassymo5(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
I'm not a Mathematician,,, I'm a Pure MICROBIOLOGIST
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by XXX5(m): 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
There are three playing cards lying face up, side by
side. A five is just to the right of a two. A five is
just to the left of a two. A spade is just to the left of
a club, and a spade is just to the right of a spade.
What are the three cards?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by bassette(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

Okay, thanks. n= (44/7)r^2. p=99/100. What does the E stand for? And what will be the value so we can solve for r? Thanks.
Natural waves ff'ing...ff bck pls
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by laryom1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

You can follow this simple method. Same can be used to solve 3^ X = 9X in which X= 3.

See your log cancelling....datz mathematically wrong....
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
laryom1:
See your log cancelling....datz mathematically wrong....
Yeah, I have asserted that long ago, the funny thing is the way it seems to work for other similar problems liie the example above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

No Be My Nature To Dey Brag - Success Says In New Viral Video / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.