Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,320 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

HARDEST MATHS Question Ever - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HARDEST MATHS Question Ever (42868 Views)

Do You Still Remember? Who Can Solve This Jss1 Maths Question? Ja / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Maths Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by PHAYOL81: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ezyp:
bro mathematics is not hard..its English that is hard...My lecturer once said that if you understand English very well u can solve any mathematics and that's true....Understand the grammar used and u will be able to solve it...
mayb yes,mayb nt coz i oft solv dis little sum ups daily @ shop without d aid of calculator bt wen mathmatics gets 2 d point u gatta apply dis series of terminologies 2 get it solvd,den i gat lost...no matter hw simple d presentatn is.so d grammar issue doesnt apply here aft'all english and literature has bn my fav since donkey yrs.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by agentofchange1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2014
try this. guys

integral of. ln(sinx) dx .

good luck..
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by agentofchange1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
jamace:
This was the answer my maths 101 lecturer gave me when I asked same question. But I have not seen where differentiation and integration have been used to solve real life problems. The mathematics I have seen even the engineers using is elementary mathematics like the ones we did in primary and secondary schools. Integration and differentiation ends in the 4 walls of the university. Am I wrong?

hmmm, oh.. my dear brother, maybe you need proper orientation. on mathematic(especially calculus ) , you see ,we live in dynamic cosmos of complexities & uncertainties for which we implore same basic principles of mathematics & thus far the world has drastically revolutionised which of course calculus & other. branch of math played key roles .

Now

calculus is a mathematical study of how entities changes , the rate at which it occurred & the. variable(s) involved for such changes .

when talk of differentiation or integration is not just about say " find dy/dx of. y=2x^2 thus =4x or taking the integral of the differentiated function to obtain back 2x^2 + k ( for any 'k' being an arbitrary scalar ) . it goes beyond that , you need to understand. the interpretation of that " quote anywhere calculus has vast application (real life) in almost all disciplines .

though I get some point you where trying to project you as an engineer may not do integration or differentiation in your office during work , wait a minute , am not sure. if you've ever heard of. Differential equations ( O.d.e,s p.d.e's or S.d.e's ) for your information young man , mathematical model are being developed to solve so many. diseases , population problem or even economic crisis & lots more all with the knowledge of my dear friend "Mr calculus " .

its a pity our Nigerian education system is greatly flawed cause they teach you the 'how' but not the 'why' . so bro . re-arrange your philosophy..

#team.math.

yours BENBUKS.

--shalom--
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by lantessy(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2014
agentofchange1:
try this. guys

integral of. ln(sinx) dx .

good luck..

Do you mean integral of In (sinx) dx from 0 to π?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by agentofchange1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
lantessy:

Do you mean integral of In (sinx) dx from 0 to π?

No just the indefinite integral. sir .

good luck ...
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by jamace(m): 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
agentofchange1:

hmmm, oh.. my dear brother, maybe you need proper orientation. on mathematic(especially calculus ) , you see ,we live in dynamic cosmos of complexities & uncertainties for which we implore same basic principles of mathematics & thus far the world has drastically revolutionised which of course calculus & other. branch of math played key roles .

Now

calculus is a mathematical study of how entities changes , the rate at which it occurred & the. variable(s) involved for such changes .

when talk of differentiation or integration is not just about say " find dy/dx of. y=2x^2 thus =4x or taking the integral of the differentiated function to obtain back 2x^2 + k ( for any 'k' being an arbitrary scalar ) . it goes beyond that , you need to understand. the interpretation of that " quote anywhere calculus has vast application (real life) in almost all disciplines .

though I get some point you where trying to project you as an engineer may not do integration or differentiation in your office during work , wait a minute , am not sure. if you've ever heard of. Differential equations ( O.d.e,s p.d.e's or S.d.e's ) for your information young man , mathematical model are being developed to solve so many. diseases , population problem or even economic crisis & lots more all with the knowledge of my dear friend "Mr calculus " .

its a pity our Nigerian education system is greatly flawed cause they teach you the 'how' but not the 'why' . so bro . re-arrange your philosophy..

#team.math.

yours BENBUKS.

--shalom--
Yes, our educational system is flawed because you will be concentrating on deriving formulas without using such formula. To the academician, yes, it is good to prove that you are one by confusing outsiders but at the end of the day, you have only entertained yourself. The equations are already in simplified for use, why bother yourself complicating it? I'm yet to see where calculus is applied in real life, only academicians use them to prove their level. grin
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nastydroid(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

Holla at me whenever you come around then and let's hook up.
can we also hook up
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nastydroid:
can we also hook up
Why not? We can. You were on that maths competition thread right?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by orledaj01(m): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
wat!!! This is not like carbanion..... I love chemistry
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
Dapo777:

Wow nice. Didn't know you were a nerd

lol , yes I am .
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nastydroid(m): 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

Why not? We can. You were on that maths competition thread right?
yes bro,so you still remember smiley I want to brush up my skills for next year wink

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
SuperMartins:
Eng. Tracey..Lolz
I get arithmetic for u tho'..

lol , where's it nau?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nastydroid:
yes bro,so you still remember smiley I want to brush up my skills for next year wink
Ofcourse, I do and some other guys like dejt4u, lebesque etc and stennon and co. It was fun! Lebesque solves like a machine in a jiffy.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
Elantracey:

lol , where's it nau?
You go fit solve am so? Lolz
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nastydroid(m): 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

Ofcourse, I do and some other guys like dejt4u, lebesque etc and stennon and co. It was fun! Lebesque solves like a machine in a jiffy.
i left the competition early,the questions were beyond me embarassed I just dy watch for sideline
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
SuperMartins:
You go fit solve am so? Lolz

lol , bring am first na

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
fr3do:

Engineer!

cheesy cheesy
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nastydroid:
i left the competition early,the questions were beyond me embarassed I just dy watch for sideline
cheesy grin cheesy
"He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day". It will be better next time.

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by musachara: 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:
There is nothing hard about this sir. I have solved it. Find the solution attached below......

i actually began feeling disappointed at myself as an engineer, not until i saw how u solved it. lesson learnt #ifIntimidatedByAQuestion read it slowly without fear. Nice 1 bro

1 Like

Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by Nastydroid(m): 6:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

cheesy grin cheesy
"He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day". It will be better next time.
how are we goin to meet?
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 6:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
musachara:

i actually began feeling disappointed at myself as an engineer, not until i saw how u solved it. lesson learnt #ifIntimidatedByAQuestion read it slowly without fear. Nice 1 bro
Exactly sir. Confidence is very important when trying to solve a question and then opening one's mind to digest the data and info inherent in the question followed by analysis of how it is going to be solved and the best approach. Happy sunday!
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nastydroid:
how are we goin to meet?

Send a PM.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by musachara: 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ishilove:

Stop...you're making me dizzy... cry
ur cracking my ribs wit laugh! bhuhahahahahahaha... no kill me abeg
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by musachara: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

Exactly sir. Comfidence is very important when trying to solve a question and then opening one's mind to digest the data and info inherent in the question followed by analysis of how it is going to be solved and the best approach. Happy sunday!
happy sunday bro. email me pls at
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by chrisviral(m): 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

....Never too late if you do not mind.

Teach me instead grin
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by XXX5(m): 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
Alright...so far I've been convinced there are great mathematicians in Nigeria....naturalwaves I salute you sir. As for the guyz saying Calculus cannot be applied in real life sense...Ever considered how the equations of motion came into existence?...Cars moves in accordance with our equations. Actually the questions i sent earlier on 're not thd hardest mathematics... I actually framed up this questions with the solutions known.....the password to myPc u guyz supplied were wrong..Did you consider PERMUTATION with repetition?

more questions loading...
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
musachara:

happy sunday bro. email me pls at.....
I have copied the mail and I have sent you a mail as well. Remove your email addy lest spammers get hold of it.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by naturalwaves: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2014
chrisviral:

Teach me instead grin
No wahala.Mail me and let's fix a time.
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by gneisss: 7:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
u guys are pwedy good...naturalwaves guy u na boss o...i used to love maths back then but when i started doing some pwedy advanced maths i gave up to something less mathematics involved... guess i was lazy but then u know wat they say...do what u can do
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by chrisviral(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

No wahala.Mail me and let's fix a time.

Mailed!
Re: HARDEST MATHS Question Ever by musachara: 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2014
naturalwaves:

I have copied the mail and I have sent you a mail as well. Remove your email addy lest spammers get hold of it.
done! cheers. you have to remove my quote from ur replly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos) / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo / Nddc International Scholarship Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.