Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Buhari Should Form A Shadow Cabinet Now!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Should Form A Shadow Cabinet Now!! (583 Views)

Nigerian Opposition Announces The Shadow Cabinet / Why PDP Should Form A Shadow Cabinet To APC’s Government / Dele Momodu To Buhari: Nigerians Don't Want Excuses, Appoint Your Cabinet Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Should Form A Shadow Cabinet Now!! by blackfase(m): 2:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
There's been widespread odium & scorn over the American Presidential style of democracy we practice, for no other reason that its too expensive & not most suitable for our clime, and rather embrace the British parliamentary system. It is common knowledge that the British system as practised have the opposition setting up shadow cabinet members that put the ruling ministers on their toes. Now I'm not sure if it'll be politically plausible, and for strategic reasons, bearing the very odoriferous type of politics on display in our society but I believe it'll be worthwhile if APC can come up with a shadow cabinet before hand & give Nigerians insight as to what to expect from the in-coming government...(yes Buhari is heading for the top job). He is going to surround himself with egg-heads no doubt and might as well start raising PDPs trepidation even more with this move. I have a little list I have concocted which I'm sure would make a hit.

Oby Ezekwesili - SFG
Fashola - Power/ Justice/ Works
Falana - Justice
Utomi - Finance
Oshiomole - Labour (when his term runs its course)
Buhari - Petroleum

These are the ones I can muster for now, as they are about the most sensitive of the FC. Lets have your opinion on this. Gbawe, Obiaghelli, Caseless, Donphilous, Cramjones, and the rest Buharists on n'LAND, over to you. Lets have your say....

p.s, oh, and the rodents should pls stay away from this thread lol.
Re: Buhari Should Form A Shadow Cabinet Now!! by HonourablePomk: 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2014
Bros i pity you. You mean we should embrace what we don't know how to use? Nigeria used it in the first republic and they failed woefully please don't think of it. With this you can stir up war in Nigeria. Nigeria is heterogeneous bro
Re: Buhari Should Form A Shadow Cabinet Now!! by MudRaker: 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2014
No he should do what he did on new year's eve on the 31st December 1983 and do a coup.

Useless Janjawiids.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Should Form A Shadow Cabinet Now!! by blackfase(m): 3:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
I gat you bro. The crux here actually aint about presidential or parliamentary style. The thrust of this thread is the quality of minds the in-coming government can present & if we can have an insight. Cheers...

HonourablePomk:
Bros i pity you. You mean we should embrace what we don't know how to use? Nigeria used it in the first republic and they failed woefully please don't think of it. With this you can stir up war in Nigeria. Nigeria is heterogeneous bro

(1) (Reply)

2015: PDP To Pick A Woman As My Deputy – Wike / Mbaka Turned Opposition After Failed Oil Block Bid - Group Alleges. / Caught In A Lie! GEJ Accuses Okah Of Treason.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.