Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. (27935 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / God Truly Answers All Prayers Prayed In Jesus Name-yes He Does / Did Jesus Ever Prayed In Tongues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by starlingbawa(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
I don't know if I should say 'Funny post' or something else.

Well, what works for A is totally different from that which obtains for B.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by cold(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2014
It doesn't matter how you pray. So long as your prayer is emanating fro Africa,you're wasting your time. Your god has more pressing issues to solve than sit his fat bum & listen to the fuckery y'all keep spewing. Fire..fire..fireee..die..die..dieee...mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by muhammad3708(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2014
D one wey pain me pass na wen pastors go dey command God like say God na dem mate....
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by pinkyberry(f): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2014
kk

1 Like

Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2014
rattlesnake:
In Ur church not mine...... That's y Ur pastor should go to bible school undecided
Oga there is only one Church.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by akoaki(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
In nigeria, religion and ignorance are twin brothers and this is why people arebeing spiritually destroyed. In every sphere of nigerian life , high level of ignorance prevails and this has made the country to journey backward and the people to suffer continually. Even when those who have knowledge want to impact it on the ignorant, the latter still reject it. The same is true of many on this forum who hate new knowledge but prefer to continue swimming in the river of ignorance and nothingness.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by rattlesnake(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
starlingleanets:
Oga there is only one Church.
yes I agree BUT unfortunately that's not the "Church" we are talking about undecided
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Jennydoris(f): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
I don't know about others but what I know is that I can't just stop with saying the 'BLOOD OF JESUS'. It's one of the shortest prayers that have worked wonders for me and it's still working for me. In catholic we have what we call Precious Blood of Jesus that Cleanse, purifies and protects anyone that have recourse to Jesus. I say it When going out, when in danger and before going to bed.

Prayer is all about knowing and believing in what works for u. God asked us to use our mouth to confess what we need and profess live into our being. Come to think of it, if the Blood Of Jesus can cleanse us from all inequities and sins, then don't you think that, that same Blood will Protect and guide us from every danger?.

1 Like

Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by CzarRex: 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
Jst like u are prayin on pulpit nd u say dat no sickness shall near u or u won't have any cause 2 go to d hospital nd errybdy shouts Amen, xcept d doctors, wat do u do in dat kind of case?
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 21, 2014
rattlesnake:
yes I agree BUT unfortunately that's not the "Church" we are talking about undecided
I understand ur words bro.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
Jennydoris:
I don't know about others but what I know is that I can't just stop with saying the 'BLOOD OF JESUS'. It's one of the shortest prayers that have worked wonders for me and it's still working for me. In catholic we have what we call Precious Blood of Jesus that Cleanse, purifies and protects anyone that have recourse to Jesus. I say it When going out, when in danger and before going to bed.

Prayer is all about knowing and believing in what works for u. God asked us to use our mouth to confess what we need and profess live into our being. Come to think of it, if the Blood Of Jesus can cleanse us from all inequities and sins, then don't you think that, that same Blood will Protect and guide us from every danger?.
In Faith u don't think or assume you confirm in the Word of God.So i will ask you, any Scriptural backup that says the Blood of Jesus is for protection and guiding?
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
starlingleanets:
Ignorance at its peak
Yeye dey smell. Mtcheeew.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by demsid(m): 12:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
the one way I see na this song. " it shall be permanent , it shall be permanent. what the lord has done for me, it shall be permanent." those that their still living in poverty, face me I face you tenants, all d adversity b permanent? cos dey didn't specify or mention what d lord has done for them that should remain like that.

and also,
mountain of fire members always shouting fire fire fire fire. Now we having news all around of burning buildings. if d church catch fire nko
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hannah made a sacrificial prayer of an unborn child without assurance of the possibility of another child.

Elijah prayed for rain not to fall in the same country He lived, despite the possibility of dying of thirst.

Some rugged prayers are necessary in some situations. DON'T CALL THEM WRONG PRAYERS
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by CzarRex: 12:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
Wat of a prayer dat contains a lot of fada lord fada lord? grin
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by dodorima147(m): 12:36pm On Dec 21, 2014
I don't tink dias holy ghost,wat we have is holy spirit cos no ghost is holy and ghost is of human
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
For all I care , a sane person does not need to pray before realizing one's needs . God is nature and all that dwells on earth . The only sure way I know of glorying God is by maintaining high moral standard inwardly and outwardly - kindness , love , care and truth to all . Prayer is man made just as its root religion .
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Donvilo(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
Based on the outlines that the O.P has stressed out on the issues of wrong prayers, The key to this problem is by asking God to grant u the spirit of wisdom & understanding so that u can be able to pray in conjunction with God's will & have good success. This is the only thing that will enable someone to discern things very easily. Please read Job 32: 8 & Ephesians 6: 12. I assure u that by the time u must have reached a long procession of time, in meditating on those two scriptures day & night, u would have discovered the truth on WHO or WHAT you are dealing with. Have a nice day
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Adyrin(m): 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2014
Your ignarance is something else Ooº°
Haven't you come across this verse in yur bible......"And they overcame by the blood of the Lamb ..."
Better say W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t yu know okay, mr block head!
starlingleanets:
Samson prayed a wrong prayer and He died with his enemy He prayed thus "Let me die with the philistines" dats a wrong prayer and many today like Samson are praying the wrong prayer and their life end up been like Samson;a stagnant life.

Here are some wrong prayer often praye
d in the church

1. Holy Ghost Fire: haba, Holy Spirit is sent to convict the world of Sin,righteousness and sin how come He go dey Fire people He was sent to lead to Jesus?

2. My enemy Die! Die!: When its obvious u r the enemy of urself u r indirectly praying for ur own death; Ignorance at his highest peak.

3. Cover me with the blood of Jesus; Haba, who taught u that? The blood of Jesus is for the cleansing of Sin; However his name alone is a stronghold where u can hide.

4. The enemy of the gospel should die: Na u alone the Kingdom of God is made for? The Lord does not want any perish but all men to repentance and be saved.

5. God hear;God accept: Na dis one bad most,in yoruba it says "Oluwa gbo,Oluwa gba" Na by force He must to answer? Moses ask the Lord to blot his name out of the book of Life if the Lord has heeded his prayer where will Moses go?Sure, Hell. There is a way that seems perfect to man but its end is destruction. What u r forcing God to do for u may be d thing that will end ur life here on earth nd make u lose heaven, perhaps thats the reason it seems He does not answer you for u know not what u are asking for.

Many prayed in ignorance and thought their prayers are not answer.God will not give u something that will hurt u. Pray in the will of the Father and ur prayers will be answered.

If u have some wrong prayers often prayed in Church please post them that the church may learn the will of God.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by chinoify: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
@ OP samson read Bible b4 posting any tin any how.pls read Judges 14:4, samson was on an assignment from heaven.. His failed emotions for women failed him 2 do d work God sent him, that was a repentance prayer n God granted him. Becos God needed to free isreal from bondage, also read the last part of 16:31.
2. the blood of Jesus is pls read heb 9:19-22, that is also not a wrong prayer.
That of die die, I'm not in support sha.
That of holy ghost fire is also not a proper prayer. Rather we can call down fire from heaven as elijah did in 1kings
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
CzarRex:
Wat of a prayer dat contains a lot of fada lord fada lord? grin
That is dishonouring the Name of The Father which Jesus says Hallowed be the Name. Repitition of the Name of Jesus is dishonour.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Acekidc4(m): 12:50pm On Dec 21, 2014
cold:
It doesn't matter how you pray. So long as your prayer is emanating fro Africa,you're wasting your time. Your god has more pressing issues to solve than sit his fat bum & listen to the fuckery y'all keep spewing. Fire..fire..fireee..die..die..dieee...mtcheew

Lol!
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
chinoify:
@ OP samson read Bible b4 posting any tin any how.pls read Judges 14:4, samson was on an assignment from heaven.. His failed emotions for women failed him 2 do d work God sent him, that was a repentance prayer n God granted him. Becos God needed to free isreal from bondage, also read the last part of 16:31.
2. the blood of Jesus is pls read heb 9:19-22, that is also not a wrong prayer.
That of die die, I'm not in support sha.
That of holy ghost fire is also not a proper prayer. Rather we can call down fire from heaven as elijah did in 1kings
Jesus rebuke calling of Fire down from heaven.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2014
Adyrin:
Your ignarance is something else Ooº°
Haven't you come across this verse in yur bible......"And they overcame by the blood of the Lamb ..."
Better say W̶̲̥̅̊ђA̶̲̥̅t yu know okay, mr block head!
They overcome or they coverest? Go to Front page have explain that scripture.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Acekidc4(m): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2014
cold:
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:
Hannah made a sacrificial prayer of an unborn child without assurance of the possibility of another child.

Elijah prayed for rain not to fall in the same country He lived, despite the possibility of dying of thirst.

Some rugged prayers are necessary in some situations. DON'T CALL THEM WRONG PRAYERS
Keep praying them afterall u will now say "Does God answer prayers" and u will gv satan d chance to accuse u.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
if u don't no d meaning of something ask and be enlightened. when we say die. it not d physical death. in d Bible God told Adam if u eat this fruit you shall die. they ate it but did they died? no.die means separation not d physical death.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by peterphd(m): 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
cold:

oh my word! this meme is so funny.
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
demsid:
the one way I see na this song. " it shall be permanent , it shall be permanent. what the lord has done for me, it shall be permanent." those that their still living in poverty, face me I face you tenants, all d adversity b permanent? cos dey didn't specify or mention what d lord has done for them that should remain like that.

and also,
mountain of fire members always shouting fire fire fire fire. Now we having news all around of burning buildings. if d church catch fire nko
praying It shall be permanent is simply saying Lord its enough i don't need more of ur blessings. I think it should be my blessings shall increase or how do u think it should be?

1 Like

Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2014
silvermania:
if u don't no d meaning of something ask and be enlightened. when we say die. it not d physical death. in d Bible God told Adam if u eat this fruit you shall die. they ate it but did they died? no.die means separation not d physical death.
You can deceive urself u can't deceive God. Those who prayed d prayer have no motives u had in mind at all. Ask them and they will tell u
Re: Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. by Amanwulu1(m): 12:58pm On Dec 21, 2014
starlingleanets:
Ignorance at its peak
altho' I don't agree wit everytin he said still I won't respond ur way. U wnt to correct somebody and u're using a harsh word, how'd he learn. Read James3:13-18. God bless u my broda.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hilarious Church Poster (pics And Video) / Pastor Nike Adeyemi Dancing Zanku And Leg Work / Prophet T.B. Joshua: "Pray Against Interruption Of Democracy In Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.