Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) (169266 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Mangu-Bokkos-Plateau: The Largest Mechanized Farm In Nigeria / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
smiley
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by jossytech(m): 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2015
Sir, how can i get the 2nd type of sucker and how much does it cost please, i have sent u an email sms and whatsapp messages too

Thank U

Lesgupnigeria:
More to come on plantain. I promise on this thread,you will.know A-Z of plantain farming business from sourcing for the best suckers to good harvesting to the marketing of plantain.

....Stay connected
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
you dont have a farm...just another ebook seller

Lesgupnigeria:

If you make use of the tissue cultured hybrid suckers,you can be assured of having 100% survival rate and then 100% harvest.
At least 1000 suckers can plant 1 acre of land.
By the end of 10months,you can have all the 1000 bunches.

Below is the tissue cultured sucker i am talking about.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Job5050: 3:56am On Aug 22, 2015
Anyway, anybody can do it but depending on the specie you are farming http://www.abcnaija.com.ng/how-to-make-plantain-cheese/
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:09pm On Aug 23, 2015
Job5050:
Anyway, anybody can do it but depending on the specie you are farming http://www.abcnaija.com.ng/how-to-make-plantain-cheese/
Nice one.
Another way plantain can be utilised
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Bodlade(m): 10:01am On Sep 17, 2015
Hello Nairalanders. Pls a friend of mine want to sell some bunch of plantain harvested in his farm, can anyone help him with information on where to market them?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:43am On Sep 19, 2015
Bodlade:
Hello Nairalanders. Pls a friend of mine want to sell some bunch of plantain harvested in his farm, can anyone help him with information on where to market them?
where is the farm located? and at what quantities?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
I wonder why people keep blaming govt.,relative,family background,capital e.t.c.

You have nobody to blame except yourself.
This is the story of a man that started with just 3 plots and now have over 20 acres of plantain farm within 3 years.With persistency,focus he was able to achieve so much.

Now a making lots of money from plantain.

Some people have no land though
....and not a single kobo to buy land or suckers with
thanks

however I love your thread
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Plantain is Your fastlane to wealth.
Do it.

Hi @Lesgupnigeria
...how far can one plot in SE Nigeria go in plantain farming?
Thank you
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
milychocs:

Some people have no land though
....and not a single kobo to buy land or suckers with
thanks

however I love your thread
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2015
milychocs:

Hi @Lesgupnigeria
...how far can one plot in SE Nigeria go in plantain farming?
Thank you
it can serve as a learning experience in plantain business.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by phadtos: 10:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
Prof, when is the best month to start planting and how can you be of assistant if I really want to start today?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2015
phadtos:
Prof, when is the best month to start planting and how can you be of assistant if I really want to start today?
you can check my signature for my contact details.
Planting season is still on.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by blacq2009(m): 1:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Harvest time.

Profit made from.this harvest was 60% ROI from the plantain farm.

You can make more than that if mechanised.

I will be explaining later on this thread challenges you can face from sucker selection to planting to marketing and how you can overcome it.
how long does the plantain take to mature. as in from planting to harvesting.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
blacq2009:

how long does the plantain take to mature. as in from planting to harvesting.
just 11 months
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by blacq2009(m): 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

just 11 months
wow! And will the crop be destroyed as a result of harvesting or it can reproduce after harvesting? Thanks in advance
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

it can serve as a learning experience in plantain business.

This killed me cry
I was all geared to "finish" a plot of land we have....with innovation and agriculture ideas
Now I will leave it to the family who has been "sub-cropping" it with cassava, cassava, corn I am guessing

So one plot is effectively norrin, ehn?
I am angry
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:02am On Sep 26, 2015
blacq2009:

wow! And will the crop be destroyed as a result of harvesting or it can reproduce after harvesting? Thanks in advance
plantain will keep reproducing after the first harvest and can last for more than 2 decades with good management.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by blacq2009(m): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

plantain will keep reproducing after the first harvest and can last for more than 2 decades with good management.
A true money spinner
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2015
blacq2009:
A true money spinner
yeah. real money spinner
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2015
milychocs:

This killed me cry
I was all geared to "finish" a plot of land we have....with innovation and agriculture ideas
Now I will leave it to the family who has been "sub-cropping" it with cassava, cassava, corn I am guessing

So one plot is effectively norrin, ehn?
I am angry
grin pele
the one plot is where your innovative and agriculture ideas is needed.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 06, 2015
i am interested in your plantain flour business,can you send me detail cost / quotation for machinery to produce it ,including packaging to francisookoye@gmail.com.also ca diabetic patients and those with hbp eat the flour.you can also send it to my box francis okoye,p o box 3981 onitsha 430001
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by adedem(m): 9:25am On Oct 09, 2015
Please how much will it cost me to set up an acre of plantain farm...I have an acre of land around Ihunbo village after Owode town in Ogun state, pls is that area ok to set it up ?... Pls reply
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
adedem:
Please how much will it cost me to set up an acre of plantain farm...I have an acre of land around Ihunbo village after Owode town in Ogun state, pls is that area ok to set it up ?... Pls reply
you can set it up there.
You can call me on 08164628081, 08092034147
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
@oracle 2012 it has been sent.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:41am On Oct 15, 2015
Do plantain....it pays
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:03am On Oct 20, 2015
Do plantain

Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by kolacluxe: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2015
Is this not too close?I mean the distance between the plants!
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:43am On Oct 31, 2015
kolacluxe:
Is this not too close?I mean the distance between the plants!
The suckers are not yet planted on the field.
They are placed close to each other prior to planting.
spacing for plantain is 2m by 2m
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 03, 2015
Hi. I am interested in starting. if I can get like one acre in Benin city, can you assist me in setting up the farm? if so, how much will it cost to do the setup?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by awoniyisunmonu(m): 8:50am On Nov 11, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
You are welcome sir. Awaiting my 30%.gringringrin
gringrin
Re: How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
NnaaGuy:
Hi. I am interested in starting. if I can get like one acre in Benin city, can you assist me in setting up the farm? if so, how much will it cost to do the setup?
you can check my signature to contact me for discussion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (68) (Reply)

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.