Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) (5386 Views)

Red Devils FOREVER / Have U Seen Or Read? / Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 11:31pm On Dec 20, 2014
TITLE: THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE – THE 666

STARRING: RICHARD CALEB

All Rights Reserved:
This work exclusively belongs to the author and is protected under the Nigerian copyright laws. 
The Title, thoughts, plot, characters, settings, quotes and all its contents are properties of the author. No parts of this work; either in parts or in whole should be reproduced in any format; without the prior permission from the author.

for any enquiries call +2347066611666.

I started scribbling this piece because I love writing, do not expect a professional piece because am not Wole Sonyinka neither am I Chinua Achebe but i'll try and put in efforts to make it better for us all. There is a wide open door for constructive criticism, remember your comments too counts as it goes a long way in telling me what you guys think about the piece. Thanks

First of all, i want to acknowledge the presence of the following persons.

Wikidraw, pureIvory(f), vonn(f), Obinnau(m), EzePromoe, Nimen(m), prof800(m), spywareczar(m), Extom(m), killjoy(m), firstEVA(f), bishopofsoul(m), Bluestarry(m), OMA4U(m), safarigirl(f), Ciela(f), Abosi31(m), Ezekielosahon(m), Ignyte(m), theSpark(m), writinganimal(m), Vikkyk10(f), RockyTeee(m), Hidentity(m), XeniaOnatopp, standd(f), Omolola1(f), priscasmart(f), 360prince(m), Kruzykidt(m), MidieMeliss(f), drcynthia(f), Dorisbest(f), ebiagtales, omoshelwa(f), Calismart(m), candy(f), handie(m), KingzPen(m), Flakkydagirl, 2scorehigh(m), D9ty7(m), ghostwritter(m), TemitopeDaniel(m), Bluemosquito(m), DanWrites(m), Slickest(m), ZUBY77(m), repogirl(f), rapmike(m), DaDevin(m), marioking(m), AudreyTimms(f), whitemosquito(f), daveP(m), ESIXLOVE, Queenxstar(f), stefikal(f), DOMAWOLEYE(m), Cuddlemii, DEllaluv(f), TiffanyJ(f), Divepen(m), Royver(m), Lucentbeauty(f), yemi2plus(m), Therock5555(m), senbonzakurakageyoshi, Neduzze5(m), princesa(f), chistar01(m), kayemjay(m), Sapphire86(f), MaziOmenuko, free2ryhme, alleviate2002us(m), adegwurulez(m), Clemzy16(m), frank317, Redmosquito(m), Mynd44, Uniquexty(f), FoxyRebirth(m), Elantracey(f), Dygeasy(m), noble4d(m), Ishilove, BukkyDan(f), glowingscenes(f), oyestephen(m), VanTee20(m), HumbledbYGrace, thedareafolabi(m), Ghyft(f), LarrySun(m), PrettySpicey(f), pasionate(m), Man4LordJesus, SammyHoe(m), ortopazz(m), noeloge

You are all welcomed to this thread.

I started this story before the great nairaland tsunami came wiping away all my work. Now i wanna rewrite it again.

Richard’s eyes gazed fixed at the television in the living room without blinking; he seemed to be interested with what was happening on the television. He was so glued to the TV that he became oblivious of his surrounding, looking at him one would think he was actually seeing something very important on the television. But what could be so interesting and captivating to a child who will clock seven years at the end of two weeks from now if not cartoon? Well “in life there are no wrong answers/choices and there are no right answers/choices” what seems good to another may seem wrong to the other. Richard shifted swiftly to different positions on the couch-like seat he sat (the seat is metallic in nature with torn foam on it, the foam has worn out because of advancement in age; the couch has lasted for more than three decades thereby losing all its comfort and balance) to gain balance and comfort as he gets more engrossed on the TV. Within a twinkling of an eye, drops of hot liquid gushed down his cheek, he never knew he was sorrowing not until he started having blurry vision; he touched his eyes to know the cause of the blurred vision and felt the pint of tears that has clogged in his eyes.

He pondered on why he was crying, moreover he has decided not to think about it again he thought to himself, but whenever he comes across this scenario whether real, fictitious, dream or in movies it quickly reminds him of the things he hated most.

The television which has an inscription on it that reads “PRESIDENT” (you need not be told it’s a black and white TV, which can only be converted to brown TV by the help of lucozade wrap) kept blaring in its highest volume because the volume control knob has damaged. It’s a soap opera from the stables of NTA; as if the devil sent the TV station they kept airing seamlessly the scenes which cause his aggravation.

He stood up went straight to the socket and unplugged the TV and flung its cable ruthlessly never cared if the cable got spoiled or not, whacked the TV and angrily entered his room.

To be continued soon…

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 11:41pm On Dec 20, 2014
Continued...

6:08am
Kpam kpam, kpam kpam… came the sounds of clapping hands from the living room where the entire family gathered for morning devotion, “glory honor, power majesty be unto God Amen… Hallelujah” that was Rita leading in songs, others followed; gradually the song faded out. There came a deep thick voice, where is Richard? He asked, he is sleeping inside replied Rita.
Sleeping? Rev. Nakuta retorted, Rita kept mute and watched Rev. Nakuta angrily breeze into his room with the ODM devotional booklet in his hand, seconds later; he came out with a demon chasing, heart wrecking and skin deforming cane, not just a cane but one which has won so much accolades for the great work it does all over the nation and has also gained national nomenclature as KOBOKO. With four strands looking like the Devil’s dada (dreadlocks), he rushed out with anger all over his face made straight to the room Richard was sleeping, immediately the wife interrupted "don’t kill my son for me ooh, its early to start flogging him."

Rev. Nakuta stopped, holding the door handle just as he was about to attack and unleash disaster on Richard, he turned to his wife, "you are the one teaching this children bad manners forgetting the fact that you are a pastors wife, well a snake must always birth a snake." The wife got pissed and quickly responded "and what is that supposed to mean?" "It means you cannot be better that your parents, that was how they trained you, but sorry I will not watch you train my children that way" Rev. Nakuta said, the wife responded with a sharp coarse voice, "you how did your own parents train you? To flog children on bed early in the morning? Mr. right home training!"

I will kill you! I will kill you! filtered the air, that was Richard fighting with another boy of his age from the same class, the boy landed a thunderous slap on Richard’s face that left the dent of his five fingers deep on his face.

leave me!, leave me! Richard yelled at the boys holding him, tears filled his eyes; he was fuming inside of him, his eyes as red as a lion that lost its tooth in a fight against a goat. Sani picked a stone and threw it at Richard it landed on his left arm, his team of companions yelled to hail him, this got Richard more angrier that he summoned strength and flung away his friends that has restrained him from fighting back, immediately, he rushed Sani who was also vivacious and ready for the unexpected. Sooner than expected the two boys grabbed each other in a tussle, the two rivalry companies watched keenly to see the outcome of the fight between the duo, before one could say jack robbinson Richard grabbed Sani who is lanky, looking like a dogonyaro tree planted by side of rivers of hot water, his head is of the same size as a free to air outdoor satellite dish which cleaved to his neck like a 0.5mm electric cable his legs looked like suya stick, this was the more reason why Richard couldn’t stand and watch Sani leave without taking his pound of flesh on him. Merely looking at him one would conclude he either has HIV manifesting in him or kwashiorkor has found a dwelling place in him, Richard immediately picked, levitated and landed him on the ground with a hard thud like goliath under David’s foot. Sani cried with a loud voice “LAILAHA ILALAHU… AWUZUBILAHI” Immediately Richard folded his fist, seeing this fist one would conclude he wants to drill through ZUMA ROCK, it looked neck breaking, teeth removing, eye blinding, skull cracking and brain sapping. He twisted his fist to and fro to unleash the deadly missile on the dish-like head of Sani, he lifted it to the atmosphere and launched attack before the fist could reach Sani’s face there came an earth quake on the earth realm, it was the striking effect of the prestigious KOBOKO that landed on his bare back, immediately Sani vanished including all the people that gathered, the whole place became null and void and darkness was upon the surface of the deep, Richard tried to put two and two together to understand what actually happened as he returned from the dream land when another demonic fiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwww landed on his bare back again, immediately out of trepidation he jumped out of the bed (did I say bed? Sorry foam that has undergone moullting, will be mistaken to be brown bread if not carefully observed), quite alright he knew there is only one source for this kind of koboko manifestation on his dear skin, in split seconds he regained full vision, seeing his father with the dreaded cane in his hand he fled to a corner of the room as if it will save him from the whipping. "Didn’t you hear songs going on?" Rev. Nakuta asked, "I didn’t hear it Richard responded curtly, "oya move to the parlor now idiot."
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
Next update coming soon...
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by chistar01(m): 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2014
This looks like a promising and interesting read.

*following*
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by LarrySun(m): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
Nice job. Waiting for more.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 1:22am On Dec 22, 2014
06:59pm
After the morning devotion…
“come here Richard” that was the voice of Rev. Nakuta calling Richard as he made to leave, immediately noxious scowl formed on Richard’s face as he never liked the presence of his father let alone having discussions with him. “What exactly is your problem? Who are you being angry with? God, me, your mother, Rita or yourself?” the father asked.

But the fact is he is angry with everything around him, he abhors his father so much. There is this lingering odium that has been burning inside of him, as a child he had watched people molest his mother publicly. He had seen his mother been ridiculed by group of persons that called themselves church members, his mother Hasia is the wife of Rev. Nakuta who is the resident Reverend of “OKUFIRE INTERNATIONAL CHURCH OF JESUS” she got married to Rev. Nakuta 8 years ago, it was the happiest day of her life.

She is finally getting married and to crown it all to a man of God, her wedding was the talk of the town. She danced until the sole of her shoes was worn out, people from far and near attended the ceremony, her friends, relations and well-wishers, to her, wedding was her prime desire, the zenith of achievement to all the grown up ladies in her home town.

Finally she arrived her husband’s home after her joyous wedding celebration with this particular gift she considered special because it was given to her by her bosom friend whom she had trust in and had shared her secrets with all her years as a spinster. Her friend Sophia gave her a frame that has her beautiful image em imprinted on it, she hung the frame in her parlor. This frame had some inscriptions behind it that Hasia didn’t take note of, if she did, she never cared to know what it is, probably her name or her wedding date might be what was scribbled there, what mattered most was the real image of hers directly imprinted on the frame like a DI printing machine printed it. All the same Sophia had been her childhood friend who could not hurt a fly. With joy and happiness, this frame was hung, every time she glances at it, the memories of her friend filled her mind and she giggles childishly.

On the 19 of august 1981 Richard arrived after so much push, pains and tears. Joy filtered the compound as humans, spirits, demons and other unseen beings gathered to celebrate, initiate and induct the child. The family of Rev. Nakuta was filled with gladness and the news of the birth went round the community as if it were the birth of the messiah just that three wise men lead by a star did not come visiting with gifts and he was born in a clinic instead of manger.

Hasia carried her baby to go lay him inside the room as the celebration had ended and everyone had dispersed to their various milieu. Hasia was passing the entrance leading to the room with her child, above the entrance was her frame hanging, something unknown to her fell and landed on her child. “Jesus” Hasia screamed almost flinging her child away “what is that?” Nakuta asked running towards his wife with flask and a basket filled with baby items in his hands “I don’t know what fell on our baby” “fell?” Nakuta asked as they both hurriedly searched for the object “yes” she replied, as they unwrapped the child, something that looked like a little beast unfolded “Jesus” Hasisa screamed almost flinging the child away for the second time. Rev Nakuta being a man held his peace and ordered his wife to be calm, he lifted the clothing on the child and saw a gigantic spider with cobweb all over its body on the child’s chest, “Jesus!” what is this? Hasia asked as if she doesn’t know what a spider is. Rev. Nakuta lifted the spider to discover a blood stain on their baby; he screamed “blood of Jesus” as if it was the blood of Jesus that was on the baby, poor man of God… Had he known!
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 1:25am On Dec 22, 2014
LarrySun and Chistar01 I sight the two of you, if the rest wont show face; the two of you are enough. It's not by number. I am seeing other persons too.... I see you! I see you too.

Better come comment.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Fatalveli(m): 9:49am On Dec 22, 2014
#followinq#
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:02am On Dec 22, 2014
**annoyed** U NEVER MENTIONED ME!!!!!
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:
**annoyed** U NEVER MENTIONED ME!!!!!

No vex my man.

Temitope Daniel.

I've mentioned you.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
Wow.....The Devils advocate?
Wil b wit u al d way so far u dnt disappoint in updatin. Wel done Dyoungstar.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
Ciela:
Wow.....The Devils advocate?
Wil b wit u al d way so far u dnt disappoint in updatin. Wel done Dyoungstar.

I see you dear.

I will try not to disappoint you guys.

Though I have stringent schedules.

Love you all...
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by vonn(f): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2014
Is this horror?....
I'm allergic to scary stuffs ooo.
Thanks for the VIP mention anyway.

*following*

Modified*

I've gone through the three updates so far.... Nice start...... Interesting.

But before you go far, I'll like to point out some things I observed:

The work needs more spacing.

Mind your punctuation.....(Especially your commas and fullstops)

Be careful with tenses.(they can be tricky a times)

While using dialogue, I think its better starting each person's statement on a new line....makes reading easier(or what do you think)

(I would have shown you areas that need corrections but I'm not good at picking and quoting particular set of words on NL)

Keep it up!
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by D9ty7(m): 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
I was serving a three days ban when you started this story. Though I got the mention, I know I can only comment when the ban is lifted.
And here I am today, a free man.
I am yet to read this piece, and I have no excuse for that, maybe my busy schedule caused it I don't know. But I know this story is gonna rock cos I have seen some great guys around here who won't read wack stories, TemitopeDaniel, Chistar01, LarrySun and Vonn. Give me one reason why I shouldn't join the train. You have none I suppose.
We gonna see this to the end, but if it scary, am afraid, I will run away.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by IdeeEsperanza(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
Following.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by ritababe(f): 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2014
***sit and cross my leg***
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
Updating...
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
[b] "Wele, wele, manhundra, manhundra!

Zukutum, zukutum sama, sama.

Lahi kalarabasonda!"

Came a distant warble.

"We have come this far and must not fail on this mission, whatsoever it will take to see the success of this mission shall be provided without hesitation.

Rukevwe! Your duty so far has been quite successful, but more effort is needed.

We must not fail on this mission.

I repeat.

We must not fail on this mission.

Therefore I betroth you to him, you must be with him always! Come rain come shine.

Your reward is always undoubtedly available.

Zuga, you must make sure he has all the powers he needs for manifestation.

Tonight, we shall start all the initiation proceedings on him."

At this point Richard woke up, he was dreaming.
His heart pants and beats like the Zulu festival drums.

He could no longer sleep, he kept vigil for about 15 minutes; in the gravest silence of the night, he heard the voices again. It was the voice of a child judging by the tone, he would be assumed to be 10 years of age.

"Masankatama, lukumoko zegrengede." The incantations came again, he listened carefully.

"Richard! I know you can hear us, you can't see us because your blood has not been blended for this reason also; whatsoever you hear from us shall be wiped off your memory at the dawn of the day.

You have to come to a certain understanding before you'll be fully initiated.

Now come"

The leader pointed at Rukevwe and pointed a position for her to stand.

She stood at the position.

"Now command your husband to be to come with you and speak to him what you would want him to know and do."

Rukevwe: "Richard, come along."

Richard: quietly stands and moves towards the door, opened it and went outside.

As he walked outside his image appeared in the sanctuary before all the members therein.

"Uncloth yourself" Rukevwe ordered and unclothed too.

Richard immediately removed his clothes.

Rukevwe: today you are my betrothed, you are free to have affairs with anyone outside here until we get married but I must approve of them before it works.

We shall be together anywhere anytime, you shall not and will never live without me. I am your love forever and ever.

Now, kneel down!"

Richard knelt down and Rukevwe moved closer to him and covered his face with her woman tool.

Did you hear the door creek? Nakuta asked his wife Hasia who was fast asleep.

Which door? Please let me rest,you've been humping me over 3 hours ago and you won't let me rest; please am not ready for any round again.

That door creaked, somebody went out, I am telling you and you are talking gibberish. He walked sauntered out and entered the parlor, looked around didn't see anyone; he made to return to his room but on a second thought went for the door and found it unlocked.

He quietly opened it and peered outside, he saw an image squating outside and making movements like one who is rehearsing for a dance concert. [/b]

Battery dying...

Will update more when I charge my phone.

Hope you guys will make do with this... please pardon me for the short update.

Thanks all

I see you all, and I see your presence. I am highly gladdened.

ritababe:
***sit and cross my leg***

IdeeEsperanza:
Following.

D9ty7:
I was serving a three days ban when you started this story. Though I got the mention, I know I can only comment when the ban is lifted.

I see you.

vonn:
Is this horror?....
I'm allergic to scary stuffs ooo.
Thanks for the VIP mention anyway.
*following*

My baby I see you too.

Sipping coffee with colanut near sambisa forest taking fresh air.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Nancydearie(f): 6:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
*Following*
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by vonn(f): 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2014
D9ty7:
I am yet to read this piece, and I have no excuse for that, maybe my busy schedule caused it I don't know. But I know this story is gonna rock cos I have seen some great niggas around here who won't read wack stories, TemitopeDaniel, Chistar01, LarrySun and Vonn. Give me one reason why I shouldn't join the train. You have none I suppose.
We gonna see this to the end, but if it scary, am afraid, I will run away.
Boo, lady would have been better for me oo
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by D9ty7(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2014
vonn:

will change it immediately.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by donPhill(m): 7:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
dyoungstar u did nt invite me... *sighs*
Anyways.....following like mad
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by chistar01(m): 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
vonn:

LOL grin
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Hauneg(f): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2014
Dyoungstar:
Jennimma(f), Savigne(f), sigmundfreud(m), BlackStallion, Youngsage, mitchie58(f), Spaxon(f), Hauneg(f), Suzie0(f), am0s(m), ashbal5683(f), vonn(f), Daronyk, berbs113(f), vickertony(m), Emperortj93(m), AbuMikey, Dyoungstar(m), ALAYORMII, gabazin080, firestar(f), zyzxx(m), chibwike(m), toykathy, Divepen(m), KelvinGraphics(m), Simitrendy(m), Ormorlehwah(f), kokolet007(f), IAmXcessiz(m), kennosman(m), Juliedora79(f), ekenzify(m), cgayor, Blackeard(m), krugar07(m), Obinnau(m), arck1, sukachia(m), ElCuajo(m), IamDebola(m), realsamxtra(m), Iamditwo(m), nicholausian(m), nineville(m), Peterken05(m), adonisvg(m), Armstrong57(m), ttime(m), HelioPrimus(m), Chimaritoponcho, illicit(m), maishot(m), debetmx(m), Davidsonical(m), dyn4casie(m), Rayvene(f), missterious(f), Taiye4Christ(m), quasimodo23(m), jaryeh(m), Cheriepet, kemsi2010, Aliciakeys(f), starboiA1(m), emsheddy(m), ARareGem(f), Nomski0(f), eyezik3(m), nitlad, emmyspark007(m), Ayorh4you(m), jayloyexten(m), Osisor(m), OMA4U(m), 360prince(m), Jodekss(m), Fehmy25s(m), immortalvoices(m), Joshthefirst(m), timpaker(m), Wealth2mighty(f), tigar007(m), kingphilip(m), slimfredo(m), princedegreat(m), goldwaters(f), may01(f), Xyge(m), bank2k4real(m), Affable0709, ayd91(m), frank317, glowingscenes(f), repogirl(f), DEllaluv(f), teetee92(m), osadhordy(m), skono(m), MyneWhite1(f), Burger01(m), underage(f), Kensco(f), kennikazi(m), Therock5555(m), Andrecuteness(m), Emeraldz(f), kpolli(m), Ghozye(f), laykhorn(m), Rajosh(m), Tovot, Laxy009(m), teewai3(m), misterjosh(m), Ifyx(m), Activity77, Aliyeous(m), HumbledbYGrace, iamlincoln01(m), Wesslier(m), Doyensky, emmabest2000(m), dsypha(m), DNA1(f), faithgokz(f), Candis009(f), tspun(m), Vdollars(m), AmiableJay(m), emmadiva(f), trueruby(f), opeano(m), chistar01(m), gurilahoria(m), Acecube(m), Petraman(m), Jossylard2(m), Bilany(f), mesther96(f), plus7(m), naziediamond(f), tijehi(f), Alicapapaya(f), AyoPMP, Iceprincehkn(m), bjennifer(f), stephano100(m), niphaemy(f), Jesse4mu(m), losprince(m), MAXBERT(m), debayun(m), nelxsantos(m), missvirgorick(f), Rockcalvary(m), olamitunde(m), Osocan(m), buccal(m), BlesinE(f), omobajohn58(m), PBeni(m), Joebeck(f), VanTee20(m), ibroxy(m), AMYpurple(f), Smhart1(f), nazzyglad(f), obicentlis, crave4stan, Ollyfad(f), FoxyUltimate(m), daik(m), kwhiz(m), Danhumprey, Neduzze5(m), otilexy(m), sergiozlatan, hakindeledaniel(m), Yungbitz(m), ITbomb(m)

Please accept my mention if I didn't mention you earlier.

More mentions to come after.
A good piece is what I won't miss for anything in the world and this,surely is good.Thanks for the mention

4 Likes

Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by zyzxx(m): 11:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Present sir
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by sigmundfreud(m): 12:26am On Dec 23, 2014
Thanks for the invite.. smiley
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by immortalvoices(m): 3:56am On Dec 23, 2014
Thanks for the mention...I am definitely here with you brother
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by teewai3(m): 6:04am On Dec 23, 2014
following....
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2014

Continued... For your breakfast....

Who is that?"

He spoke out.

"What are you doing there?"

There was no response,

He went inside and collected flashlight and came outside, flashed the light it didn't lit; he tried and tried it gave no response.

He turn around to get another touch when the one in his hand lit, he shocked and pointed it to his target and it went off before it could get to him. He decided to check his children in their room; he quietly closed the door and locked it, and headed straight to the children's room and saw only his daughter Rita lying on the mat, he became alerted and quickly scanned the room; but couldn't find his son.

Immediately he ran into his room and woke his wife who joined him as he collected his cutlass the only weapon he had from under the bed.

Dear, something strange is happening, I don't know what exactly, but our son is not in this house as I speak to you.

"What is happening?" the wife questioned with worries and anxiety all over her, jumping out of the bed unclad.

"What sort of human being are you? I just told you your son is missing from his room, I saw someone outside on his knees doing what I don't know you're still asking me irritating questions."

He moved with vigor and opened the door, he was shocked and almost ran back into the parlor when he saw a figure standing by the door, he flashed his light this time it responded and he saw Richard standing faced down.

Jesus!

Hasia screamed and ran to grab her son.

They brought him in and questioned him, he didn't reply and he didn't even look them in the eye. The mother was worried and was almost yelling at him.

"Where are your clothes Richard?"

"What happened to you?"

"Who were you with outside there?"

All their efforts was fruitless as he didn't utter any word.

"I think he went to urinate" Hasia said in conclusion since he cannot be outside at that time of the night doing nothing.

Is that why he would go out alone without telling someone by this time of the night?

But what about his clothes what happened to them? Where are they?

As they spoke a gentle knock came on the door, they were startled.

Who is there?

The both of them unanimously asked. There was no response.

Who is there?

Rev. Nakuta asked again, still no response; he decided to check out the environment.
As he opened the door, Richard's clothes flew in from nowhere followed by a soft giggle of children's voices.

Jesus!

They both shouted, Nakuta quickly shut the door and ran into their room.

The wife grabbed her son and ran after him.

"Why are you running? I thought you are man of God and you are running?"

She asked

"Because I am a man of God I shouldn't take cover anymore right? Are you not a woman of God? Why did you run?"

My daughter the wife cried, go and get my daughter for me she demanded.

We need to pray the pastor said., lets pray, they started praying in the parlor; the wife ran into the room and collected what looked like olive oil but they called it anointing oil. At this point the wife ran and woke Rita up to join them in prayers, they prayed and prayed for more than an hour and half before they finally poured anointing oil on their bodies and the clothes and decided to burn them in the morning.

They retired into their room with their children not wanting to risk anything.

On the other side of the floor of the room sparsely laid the clothes and under wears of Rev. Mrs. Nakuta. The children knew their father had gone on a baby manufacture exercise before the interruption.

It was morning, prayers had been said and last nights issue was vaguely treated as the man of God and his wife believed that only muttering words to an unknown being called God that lives high above has solved all the problems.

But the wife was not satisfied, her mood said it all. She was not comfortable with last nights event, How did those clothes flew into the house? Who flung them? These were the questions that were left unanswered believing God would write another letter to his apostles to unravel the mystery.

Maybe it would be called 2nd acts of the apostle.

Richard had gone to school like every human being, he was wondering if what happened last night was real or film trick. Was he actually sucking that pu.ssy?

He still could not believe himself, he was lost deep in thoughts; wondering what his life was all about, why was he born? Why was he seeing things? Why was always appearing in different places at the same time, is he ubiquitous? What gave him these abilities? Is every other person like that? If they were why did he see just few persons in his vision last night?

Who were those people? Where were they from?

He tried to remember all that happened but couldn't, the pictures of the initiation kept lingering in his memories; flashing back like lightning. He tried to fix them together to make meaning but couldn't.

Everyone had gone for break he was seated alone in the classroom just reminiscing.
A hand tapped him at the back and he was startled out of his reminisce and followed the direction of the touch.

"What are you doing here alone?" Asked the gentle female voice.
He said nothing only starring at the structure before him.

"I am having difficulty solving this homework, as a matter of fact I don't understand the homework." She placed the book before him, it was a primary science book; she sat with him .
"My lesson teacher asked me to find out about this and the tribe it belonged to, the name and it's function." She said as she flipped through the pages to open the exact page of her homework.

He has never said a word, he only stared at her and her book. She was wondering if he was comfortable with her presence at all.

"This is it!" She said.

Something caught his attention as he stared at the book, it was a man in a masquerade costume. He was concerned about the head of the masquerade, he has seen it somewhere. He tried to remember but couldn't.

"Do you know what it is? Do you know the answer?"

Aminat asked seeing the way he was looking at the image like he owned it and lost it and is searching for it.

He was observing the image closely when their teacher entered the classroom and saw the two of them together.

"What are the two of you doing there? Won't you go for break? Oya move, go for break now."

Aminat quickly packed her book and left calling Richard to go with her but he was not interested in anything they were saying his mind is not at rest, there are so many unsolved mysteries in his young mind clamoring for understanding and his young spirit is seeking for expression.

"Am I not talking to you? Get out of the class now!" teacher Tosin shouted.

Richard was Just starring at her, this got her pissed; she picked her cane and went for Richard.

"Richard come let's go!" Aminat screamed, but he was not willing to go anywhere.

Tosin was angry and decided she was going to deal with Richard her way today, Aminat watched to see what would transpire.
Richard lay his head on the desk not concerned with anything anyone is saying or doing.

Tosin got to him and lashed him on the back with her cane, he didn't move or respond to the effect of the cane. She flogged him again and again but he didn't respond; she became worried and confused. For the first time in two days Richard spoke, "are you tired?"

Tosin was shocked the more on hearing this, she was afraid but tried to pretend she was in control; now the pupils has started returning to class.

"I will payback at my own time" watch out...

Are you alright?

You are talking to me like that?

Come out here and kneel down she spoke with confidence because she needs to be in charge of her pupils, moreover why would she be scared of that rat just because he didn't feel pained when she flogged him.

To be continued...

1 Like

Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Nostradamus: 1:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
bros this story dey do me strong thing,u re the bomb bro
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Mira why would you call Vonn your baby Don't ruin my christmas mood please, its not easy to concentrate on this beautiful piece with you being all friendly to HER!

cheesy

Are you writing on future or past or present tense?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All The Lies About Blogging Incomes / Yoruba Textbooks: Alawiye, Etc, Share Them Here / Do You Want To Learn How To Write Stories? Let's Start Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.