Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,210 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) (5391 Views)

Red Devils FOREVER / Have U Seen Or Read? / Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Or Read John Irving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by vonn(f): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Mira why would you call Vonn your baby Don't ruin my christmas mood please, its not easy to concentrate on this beautiful piece with you being all friendly to HER!

cheesy

Are you writing on future or past or present tense?

Lol....
HBG, I can feel u turning green already.

tongue

1 Like

Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by MightyFortress: 7:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
Interesting...
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2014
Update coming soon...
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 11:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
←****★****★******★****☆*****☆°→

Continued...

"I said come out here Richard, are you deaf?" Tosin spoke again with high pitched voice. Richard paid deaf ears to her commands, this got Tosin angry and she decided to pay the little lad a visit where he was seated.

"I can see you have grown wings! You now have the manhood to disobey my orders right?" On mentioning this the whole class was filled with laughter.

Quiet!

"What is making you grasshoppers to laugh?"

Immediately the whole class kept mute, teacher Tosin is one person the pupils fear a lot because she's so mean and wicked; for this reason the pupil in primary 5 nicknamed her PEPPERMINT when she first arrived the school.

"Go and kneel down in front of the class now"

"For what?" Richard demanded, he might be a small boy but he knows his rights and don't like people infringing on them even at his tender age. He had never been afraid of anyone all his life, he believes people are not to be treated with utmost respect let alone fear them; he had seen quite a lot of molestation and assault, he had resolved never to fear or hold anybody to high esteem. Everyone had better respected themselves else he would not hesitate to vent out his venomous anger on such a person.

Right now Tosin is biting more than she can chew.

"Teacher! I am not kneeling down anywhere unless you tell me what I've done to deserve that punishment."

Tosin wondered at the little boy and his comments, she had never seen anyone of such age challenge her like that; Yea it's a challenge because right now she felt like she had been rubbed shit all over her. This is unscrupulous she thought.

Now follow me, Tosin ordered.

Richard reluctantly followed her and they went to the school field;

"you see this?" She asked.

"This is your punishment you'll clear this field before you return to my class, if it takes you the whole term to clear it, that's your problem."

She left immediately for class.

Richard stood watching helplessly,
"This woman actually thinks I will clear this field? She is a joker, I didn't come to school to clear field" he was talking to himself when a voice from behind spoke.

"Go to your class, I'll handle this"

Richard was surprised and thanked the man.

"But sir, I was going to clear this field not in my life"

"Don't worry, go to your class" the old man repeated.

Richard thanked him once again and headed to the class, he had gone few meters away then decided to ask the man who he was since it was his first time of seeing the man; he returned to the field and saw everywhere neatly cleared but the man was missing his mind wondered on how fast a human being could be to clear all the grass in less than 2 minutes.

Is this possible? what kind of energy could have done this? He was thinking but all his thought ended Just like any other child's thought would end.

He decided to look for the man that did the work and ask him how able he was to do that work with such a speed that must supersede that of light, he searched and asked the security men around but no one seemed to know the identity of this strange man nor had seen him. After a futile search he went back to class.

The teacher was teaching English language (sentence construction) when Richard entered.

"What are you looking for here?" She asked.

Have you finished your punishment?

"You punishment has finished."

What!

How? When?

Barely ten minutes you have finished what?

Before I close my eyes and open them you had better gone back to continue that punishment.

As she was talking Richard had gone to seat on his desk ignoring her rants.

Richard are you stupid? Have you gone nuts?

If I am stupid and have gone nuts, it means you were stupid and nuts all along because you are teaching me whatever I know. Richard replied.

This got Tosin totally mad, she fumed out of the class to go check the field she had assigned the naughty lad to clear, now he would know the stuff she's made of. She thought to herself as she walked towards the field.

But Why am I actually going to check the field when I know fully well that that lazy idiot can never in his life clear 1/1000 fraction of that field, am i not being stupid as he said by going to check? Well let me be sure first and have enough evidence to beat the living daylight out of him.

Jesus! Tosin shouted.

She was surprised and was not sure if her eyes were seeing well.
She went to a teacher who was coming from the direction of the staff room and asked her to check if anything was covering her eyes.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
Nd I pity this teacher shaa
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by DrSage(m): 2:17pm On Dec 24, 2014
Dyoungstar,ur last update got me rotfl cheesy ,patiently waiting for ur next update

1 Like

Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by VanTee20(m): 7:06pm On Dec 24, 2014
You're doing a great job sir.

Following. . .

1 Like

Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 11:43pm On Dec 24, 2014
★★★★★★★★★★★★
Continued...

Tosin returned to class perplexed, she waited till the closing bell was rang.

"Richard, wait behind for me."

Richard wondered what it could be this time around, everybody had already started going home; why would this troublesome woman ask him to wait.

"Can you explain what happened today?" Tosin asked.

"What happened?" Richard asked.

"How did those grass got cleared? You and I Eve heaves knows that you can never in this life clear those grasses in ten years let alone in a day. Tell me what happened."

"Nothing happened, the same way you saw it that was how I saw it too." Richards reply came curtly.

"You don't want me to take this report to the principal, do you?" Tosin.

"That is if he doesn't know before you" Richard.

"Okay, don't be afraid of me, I won't harm you. I want us to talk like friends not teacher and pupil again.

What did you do to those grasses out there?" Tosin.

"Aunty, I want to go, my parents would be worried if I didn't return with others" Richard.

"Won't you answer my question?" Tosin.

"I don't have any answer other than I don't know what happened" Richard replied and picked his bag and left.

Tosin was worried, she doesn't know whether to be angry or afraid.
"That boy is evil. How can that sort of thing happen on earth? What law controls that?

I must find out what what actually happened but I must be very careful. Little wonder why he behaves the way he does."

===========================
Father, you promised not to abandon me, you said you will always be with me, you sent me on this missionary work. You said you know all things and that the thoughts you have for me are for good and not evil, how then is my family in this mess? I don't understand my children anymore, my sons behaves as if he is possessed by an evil spirit.

Lord save me from this shame... Rev. Nakuta was seriously praying to God for a lasting solution to the problem he didn't know how it came to exist. It was a Wednesday and the midweek service of his church, he is preparing for the evenings service.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Richard was returning home alone, he started hearing echoes from afar; some little children voices started speaking to him, he couldn't comprehend it but he was sure something wants to happen because it's not his first time experiencing those voices, they are familiar and whenever the voices comes something strange happens to him.

He was walking and suddenly the road transformed, he saw himself in a totally new environment with roads channeled everywhere; he doesn't know where to follow until a female voice spoke to him.

"Go to your left and walk down straight, he obeyed the voice and followed the direction; he walked until he met with a river, the voice came again.

"Remove your shoes and step into the river"

He quickly obeyed and stepped into the river and immediately vanished.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Suddenly he appeared in a confinement without anybody in it, he looked around to understand where he was but nothing made sense to him; he remembered he had been here before or he had seen this place somewhere before, he couldn't figure it out. He looked around again and something caught his attention, it was the same image he had seen in Aminat's text book... he wondered if this could be Aminat's residence; who lives in this kind of environment where everywhere was covered with red and human skulls and some deistic items hung on the wall.

He made to move around and see other parts of the house since no one has noticed him, he had no fear in him, he believed nothing can happen to him unless he had done wrong to such a thing or one.

"Stop there!" Came a male child voice.

He froze without a second thought, the courage in him failed as he started sweating like a fountain of sweat was in him. He turned to behold who had spoken to him but saw the house void, the sweating increased tremendously. He started quaking, then it dawned on him that what seemed like joke is actually a serious case.

"Step into this circle" the voice ordered.

He was reluctant to obey the voice.

"Step into the circle immediately"
the voice spoke again, this time it was harsh and dreadful.

He fearfully stepped into the circle.

Masunga, masunkrakataya. The voice echoed.

Welewele welewele. The members responded.

Richard jumped out of the circle and ran towards the door frantically, panting; looking for escape route.

Hahahahahahahaha!

The voice laughed.

"You think you can escape today? You parents made you escape the other night, today you will never escape us.

Zuga get him" he ordered.

He was surprised when he heard the command, who could the Zuga be? How many people are in here?

He was still wondering at the door when a force pulled him by the hand and dragged him to the center circle as he tried to resist the force.

"Rukvwe go intimate with him." The voice said.

Richard was in the circle not willing to resist any force anymore, he just waited and watched to see what would happen and how everything would end.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by donPhill(m): 5:52am On Dec 25, 2014
merry christmas DYOUNGSTAR and my fellow nlanders
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 7:25am On Dec 25, 2014
donPhill:

Wishing you all the best brother. Love you all.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
OMG!!!

Dyoungstar!!!

I never knew I had been in the dark all these while....

Well, well, well, brother. Not to worry. I've got ur back like a hunch and no devil's advocate is ever breaking us apart...

I salute others reading this thread. You sabi better things.

Thanks for the mention dearest. A thousand Muuuuuuuuuuah!!!

1 Like

Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2014
omoshelwa:
OMG!!!
Dyoungstar!!!
I never knew I had been in the dark all these while....
Well, well, well, brother. Not to worry. I've got ur back like a hunch and no devil's advocate is ever breaking us apart...
I salute others reading this thread. You sabi better things.
Thanks for the mention dearest. A thousand Muuuuuuuuuuah!!!
donPhill:
donPhill:
VanTee20:
You're doing a great job sir.
Following. . .
HumbledbYGrace:
Mira why would you call Vonn your baby Don't ruin my christmas mood please, its not easy to concentrate on this beautiful piece with you being all friendly to HER!
cheesy
Are you writing on future or past or present tense?
Nd I pity this teacher shaa

HumbledbYGrace darling, you already know what. We are getting married next year, no demon can put asunder.

omoshelwa, I got you you thanks a lot; I'll see you behind the scene.

DrSage, nobody and VanTee, i am on a strong grip... i will bring you more interesting updates ahead.

Thanks to you all for following.

Just that i am not seeing the comments, it might retar.d my updating frequently.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by vonn(f): 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
HumbledbYGrace darling, you already know what. We are getting married next year, no demon can put asunder. [/quote]

Dyoungstar
Me??

Under my very nose!!!!
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by dame29: 8:21pm On Dec 26, 2014
I'm new here. I was pass but this piece is quite interesting , I'm seriously following! *take d front seat and cross my leg* pls let it Flow
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by donPhill(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2014
dyoungstar where re u D flame is dying, come and light it up
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2014
donPhill:
dyoungstar where re u D flame is dying, come and light it up

Please pardon me, I have series of programs to anchor this period, I'll be updating on Monday.

Sorry for keeping you all.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by VanTee20(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
Dyoungstar:

Please pardon me, I have series of programs to anchor this period, I'll be updating on Monday.

Sorry for keeping you all.

*Waiting. . .
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by illicit(m): 8:41am On Dec 27, 2014
Nice job, op
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
Did I actually abandon this story?

Like seriously? shocked

Am coming back soon... grin
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by ttime(m): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2014
Duly foLloWin...
ds s gonna b fuN... *Thumbs Up*
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by ttime(m): 6:22pm On Dec 31, 2014
Gr8 job here.
##folowin#
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Emzypaz(m): 8:02pm On Dec 31, 2014
Its the end of the year and we have decided to have an award for one Literature-lander who has done a lot this year. That person whose stories have influenced you, that person whose comments have made a positive change.
VOTE FOR THE LITERATURE SECTION PERSON OF THE YEAR; https://www.nairaland.com/2067377/literature-section-person-year-award#29364922.
Voting ends 10pm tonight and results would be announced by 11:59pm.
Do you think Dyoungstar has kept you entertained this 2014? Why not vote for him now?
DY, is there a writer who stands out among his peers or a reader whose comments have kept you going? Vote for him,her.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Guys and babes abeg make una forgive me ooo, I travelled, where I travel go electricity na hot cake; I'll update as soon as I am back from my travel biko nu, ema binu, ku yi hankuri, ε fa βθsθκθ.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 8:13pm On Jan 01, 2015
This thread so far has garnered 1013 views yet only few comments are seen.

For this reason I will like to take a break and focus on my business, since Nairaland doesn't pay or foot my bills.

I have to channel my energy, time and data to some other important things, since the only payment writers receive for writing for free on NL is not deposited here.

Thanks.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by donPhill(m): 11:42pm On Jan 01, 2015
dyoungstar no start oo...u know say we wey comment de refresh d page always and each refresh generates a view...come update oo
we few dat re here re willing to stay till d end...

Biko nu, ka yi hankuri, e joor, ...
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 11:33am On Jan 02, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2071461/letter-january-first-short-story

Checkout my short story on the link above.

donPhill:
dyoungstar no start oo...u know say we wey comment de refresh d page always and each refresh generates a view...come update oo
we few dat re here re willing to stay till d end...
Biko nu, ka yi hankuri, e joor, ...

I will update at my leisure time.
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by ODUMAIYE(f): 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2015
u no try o
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Dyoungstar: 8:20pm On Jan 03, 2015
ODUMAIYE:
u no try o

Why?
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by ODUMAIYE(f): 10:41am On Jan 04, 2015
Dyoungstar:

Why?
please update
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Nobody: 11:02am On Jan 04, 2015
Following even without been invited, the bosses re here! D9ty7 in the building!
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Nobody: 11:09am On Jan 08, 2015
Dyoungstar haba, cum nd update na
Re: The Devils Advocate- The 666 (I Am Not Responsible For Whatever You See Or Read) by Calmdove(f): 8:54pm On Jan 09, 2015
You av a great story here.. I av been seeing the story on the literature thread 4 sumtime now, but d title makes me afraid *lolz* but i summon courage to read dis writeup but to my gr8tes surprise d story is superb!! Pls dyoungstar we are waiting 4 d update

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Want To Learn How To Write Stories? Let's Start Here. / Yoruba Textbooks: Alawiye, Etc, Share Them Here / Broken Seal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.