Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,114 members, 7,957,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:23 AM

..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? (9035 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by justcallbuki(f): 7:07am On Dec 21, 2014
it had been a blessing
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Bitojoe(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Indeed, the children of Yahweh are such an ignorant bunch.

i bind you sonoflucifer in the name of Jesus.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:09am On Dec 21, 2014
Bad
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by braintext(m): 7:10am On Dec 21, 2014
[quote author=sonOfLucifer post=29068088][/quote]
[size=18pt]The Church of Jesus Christ Dominates cheesy [/size]
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:10am On Dec 21, 2014
sonOfLucifer:

Indeed, the children of Yahweh are such an ignorant bunch.
You tickle me.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Godfullsam(m): 7:14am On Dec 21, 2014
It is a blessing because, with so many denominations the gospel of Christ is spreading all over the world and to all creatures.
It is a problem because, different denominations preach different doctrines which breed confusion among christians.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by hassymo5(m): 7:15am On Dec 21, 2014
A problem ,,
Right now a girl I intend to marry her parent won't allow us because of diff church baground...

Churches are now condeming themselves..this church is wrong, that church is right. allow God to judge ..

So many GENERAL overseer..A title most men of God are after..

People now Worshipping Men instead of God...

I can go on and on....

1 Like

Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by greatnow: 7:15am On Dec 21, 2014
grin
ayobase:

God is dynamic
. As in he can change from one state to the other? Maybe from solid to liquid and to gas and then back to solid
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Youngzedd(m): 7:17am On Dec 21, 2014
Sincerely speaking, the matter heavy for mouth.

I got tired of everything and that was why I created this thread for an insight.

TRUE RELIGION: How Sure Are You? - Read details >> https://www.nairaland.com/2021978/true-religion-how-sure
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Dahjhi: 7:19am On Dec 21, 2014
amakufrancis:
About to kick religion aside

advice needed
WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT MY BROTHER, MY LAST SIGGY WAS """ CAN WE JUST LET RELIGION BE AND LETS CLASS OURSELVES INTO ONLY TWO? ITS EITHER YOU ARE GOOD OR BAD" SIMPLE...

2 Likes

Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by damosky12(m): 7:20am On Dec 21, 2014
amakufrancis:
About to kick religion aside

advice needed
I advice you to go ahead. Kick religion aside and accept Jesus. Jesus is the only way to the father. He is the truth. Thats why knowing Him is knowing truth. Everything you need for a glorious life is hidden in Him.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by slap1(m): 7:22am On Dec 21, 2014
A house divided...
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by amakufrancis(m): 7:31am On Dec 21, 2014
Dahjhi:
WE ARE IN THE SAME BOAT MY BROTHER, MY LAST SIGGY WAS """ CAN WE JUST LET RELIGION BE AND LETS CLASS OURSELVES INTO ONLY TWO? ITS EITHER YOU ARE GOOD OR BAD" SIMPLE...
yes bro, at least everyone knows whats Bad and whats equally good.

2 Likes

Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by amakufrancis(m): 7:33am On Dec 21, 2014
damosky12:

I advice you to go ahead. Kick religion aside and accept Jesus. Jesus is the only way to the father. He is the truth. Thats why knowing Him is knowing truth. Everything you need for a glorious life is hidden in Him.

Noted bro, but how can i kick Religion (Christianity) is Jesus Christ not a Christian?
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 21, 2014
amakufrancis:

Noted bro, but how can i kick Religion (Christianity) is Jesus Christ not a Christian?
Jesus is not a christian... He is the one true son of God.. We live like He did... Hence Christianity is not a religion rather its lifestyle.....
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by lasunray(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2014
Let's learn from Turkey. The Christendom should not make the same mistake Turkey made.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by slimmax: 7:45am On Dec 21, 2014
lionduke:
I believe in one Catholic church, the communion of saints, the resuration of the body, and life ever lasting.
But you dont believe in christ, Why is dat missing from your statement?
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by damosky12(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2014
amakufrancis:

True christianity is not a religion but the divine life of God made available to man through relationship. Accepting Jesus isn't religion but recieving that divine life..
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by NewSpiritMan: 7:50am On Dec 21, 2014
Christianity can't be cursed. Organisations can. You are either for Christ or for your fellow man. There is only one Church. The churches are just deceiving themselves.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by miembamish(m): 7:51am On Dec 21, 2014
slimmax:

If u believe inde Catholic church, it therefore means u believe in Christ Jesus..

Koz de Church itself believes in Christ
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by akoaki(m): 7:52am On Dec 21, 2014
The society allowed it because of our ignorance of what God desires from us. I wish we had many indusries and agricultural enterprises as many as these fraudulent churches and there will be less poverty in this country. As i am typing this post, 2 churches on my street have started harassing the residents with the noise from their mounted loud speakers.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by iamord(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Vivipop:
It's a massive problem, one that questions the genuineness of the christian faith.
wise talk girl!!! You have said it all!!
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Sammyblaq(m): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2014
A very big problem.
Coming to terms of marriage they casted it all. Am sowie to mention the churches(the likes of DL, AG, JW, et al) that segregates themselves off from other denomination. As christians we believe in 1 God but they abide to a different doctrine all together. tooo bad!
I dont even condemn inter-religious marriage talkless of intra-religious marriage.
My jigga is been affected by this way of churching o
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by iamord(m): 8:04am On Dec 21, 2014
kazmanbanjoko:
What type of denomination? Is it mathematical or spiritual.
dry
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by lionduke(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2014
slimmax:

Am old enough to know what I believe in. face your lane
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by cold(m): 8:36am On Dec 21, 2014
When you guys get your mode of worship right,then we might just consider taking your god seriously.

3 Likes

Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Anthrophile(m): 8:39am On Dec 21, 2014
It is a curse ! Which is eligible for heaven & which is not by virtue of their church tenets? some churches are so biased & provincial that they see you as unclean if u are not their church member. A vibrant friend who is also a young pastor is being seriously pressured by his pastorate to break his 3 years relationship. Why? the mother of the lady he is dating also pastors in another church and she is insisting he cross carpet to her church as a pastor before he will be allowed to marry her daughter.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by tevinsolt: 8:40am On Dec 21, 2014
Denomination is not what's taking you to heaven.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 21, 2014
We have more evil in churches than anywhere else these days and they all know where they get there powers from which is not necessarily Christ that is why you'll have 10 churches on the same street .....
The Antichrist has taken on the cloak of G.O,Pastors and all what's not ,may our eyes be opened to see the truth............
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by sunnyt1(m): 8:53am On Dec 21, 2014
Its a serious problem

Why is it hard for christians to go to any God believing church, like the ones close to their houses but would rather spend loads of money transporting themselves to some church across town?

Arent we serving the same GOD?
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by lonelydora: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2014
herald9:
The number of churches will continue multiplying in Nigeria as long as pastors are graduating from theological schools and people are getting imaginary callings.

Of course it can't be a curse if there's is money to be made.

Some didnt get call but flashing.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by herald9: 9:14am On Dec 21, 2014
lonelydora:

Some didnt get call but flashing.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook / How To Be The Apostle Paul Of Our Generation / Catholic Church To Launch TV Station In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.