Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,075 members, 7,957,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:38 AM

..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? (9033 Views)

Abducted Muslim Children Forcefully Converted To Christianity In Edo Idp Camp. / "Why Are There So Many Denominations?" / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by amakufrancis(m): 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
damosky12:

You got that?
not clear oh

whats the difference between Religion and Christianity?
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by ayobase(m): 6:22pm On Dec 21, 2014
Alexk2:

thanks for that bro...may God help us.

Amen.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Alexk2(m): 7:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
BestNaija post=29078322][size=28pt]Narrow is the way that leads to life, and very few find it.
#WHATDOESTHEBIBLEREALLYTEACH?[/size]

I believe i tried to explain what the bible say.....do you have a contrary view?
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by achorladey: 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
It is only when they know these varying denominations even within the denominations is a work of the flesh because the Bible does not support divisions
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2014
AMEN!

lionduke:
I believe in one Catholic church, the communion of saints, the resuration of the body, and life ever lasting.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by damosky12(m): 11:02pm On Dec 21, 2014
amakufrancis:
not clear oh

whats the difference between Religion and Christianity?
Christianity isn't a life style or a body of rules but a life that not only influences one but manifest itself on the physical life and existence of a man. Religion is man's idea or perception of how to reach diety.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by EzeeYFB(m): 11:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
Alexk2:
..So many
denominations; a blessing of a curse to Christianity?

For a long time i've been thinking seriously about this very question.
looking through the bible, i find out that the early believers never had
different churches for different group of believers....you'll only read
about the 'church at ephesus, @ corinth, @ Sardis, philipi,..e.t.c
which are only necessary because of distance/geographical locatns but
all are still under same leadership(the apostles and elders).
In I Corintians chapter 3, Apostle Paul warned the corithians when
issues of who to follow wanted to cause division among the believers; He
called this an act of canality.

Here we are with too many denominations with different
doctrines/traditions with some contradicting each other. I know there
are advantages to be derived in all these but is the disadvantages not
too much these days?
In John 17, Jesus prays for unity repeatedly and i strongly believe, it
is because of the future He saw then.

what is your say?...do you believe it is more of a problem than
blessing?....
air your view pls.!
ephesian 4:5 speak about 1 Faith,n d question comes to mind,how church did Jesus Christ establish?how many should we have?how many do we have now?why these many?who's the truth?
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Alexk2(m): 9:42am On Dec 22, 2014
EzeeYFB; ephesian 4:5 speak about 1 Faith,n d
question comes to mind,how church did Jesus Christ establish?how many
should we have?how many do we have now?why these many?who's the
truth?

that verse answer you first two ?s...how many we are now having and why is the problem we are talking abt here but the truth is, Jesus isnt happy with the trend.

the issue isnt abt how many but the division the numbers are creating. diversity is beautiful but division is evil and satan's strategy to limit the power of the church and destroy/discourage what we can acheive in our togetherness.
Re: ..so Many Denominations; A Blessing Or A Curse To Christianity? by Kingmee: 3:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
denomination cant take anybody to heaven, only Jesus Christ can.....we can be of help to each other if we stop thinking abt 'my church', 'my pastor'...there is therefore no descrimination btw jews or gentiles, niether should there be btw baptist church and deeper life....as long as He or She is a believer in Christ; datz my own brother and sister for real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm A New Atheist / Catholic Church To Launch TV Station In Abuja / I Left Jehovah's Witnesses After 28 Years - Gordon Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.