Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. (5279 Views)

Jonathan Lacked Will Power To Fight Corruption – Edwin Clark / Ministerial List: Why Buhari Holds On To 15 Other Nominees / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by lacasa: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

I keep saying it that ignorance is tooooooo bad. Where is Buhari's manifesto for his 2015 presidential election? Where is his economic blueprint and magic wand Let him empirically tell us exactly where we are now using verifiable data and where he is taking us to if elected and how GEJ transformation agenda is a micro extract of PDP manifesto. Where is that of Buhari We need to weigh it using standard gauge. By the way, this your utopian APC manifesto is simply unrealistic. I don't have time to xray it here and now. It is full of utopian and unrealistic academic write up. Why has they not achieved those their listed agenda(mission) in the APC states??.?. Or is it only feasible to them at federal level? They wanted devolution of power what was their stand on it at the national confab which they grudgingly attended without any clear cut agenda??

That's the problem wt the average minded nigerian like yourself.

You askedd and it was given, but now, it is utopian, it is not feasible, it is not transformational.

It is evidently clear u r not intersted in wat APC and buhari are willing to offer, u r only interested in defending an undefendable and dying transformation agenda with no stock.

Even in the eyes of God there are those beyond redemption and you are chief amongst them in Nigeria.

So,. #GMB15

Either embrace the change or get out of the way Shikenan!
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by sufido123: 6:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ask IBB what he knows about Buhari

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
chemali:

What do you say about the report released last week despite the "transformation"

Now bro, common sense a times isn't common...no offence plzz....Now, take note of the population of those countries mentioned as against that of Nigeria...weigh it against our resources via per capita income.....
Let me draw an analogy to help you here...if I give 5k as business capital to your family of 50 men to share and work with...and same 5k to another family of 10 men to use for same purpose within same time frame ceteris paribus...who will have more disposal income in the short run among them? But in the long run which family do you think will come out better, stronger, fulfilled and formidable Have you wondered why they still group China and India in world's countries with high rate of poverty?? Population bro....do not wish yourself evil to win election(to have campaign points)...do not be a pessimist or harbinger of bad news##word##

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2014
lacasa:

That's the problem wt the average minded nigerian like yourself.

You askedd and it was given, but now, it is utopian, it is not feasible, it is not transformational.

It is evidently clear u r not intersted in wat APC and buhari are willing to offer, u r only interested in defending an undefendable and dying transformation agenda with no stock.

Even in the eyes of God there are those beyond redemption and you are chief amongst them in Nigeria.

So,. #GMB15

Either embrace the change or get out of the way Shikenan!

An advice bro...##Donot take the name of the Lord your God in vain## Be careful to avoid blasphemy...
I asked for a copy of; "BUHARI'S ECONOMIC BLUEPRINT AND MAGIC WAND" for the Nigeria he dreams to rule and not for APC's academic compilation of utopian and unfeasible theories...Note the difference and comply accordingly...As Buhari dreams to rule nigeria, hasn't he compiled his action plans or guiding document based on verifiable data on our current state and empirical plans on how to lead us to promised land?where is such document? or is he coming to do trial and error??... I am waiting plzzzzzzzz....get me such document.....do you still remember Oby Ezekwesili's comment on that unrealistic document and its carriers during APC inauguration?

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by chemali: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Now bro, common sense a times isn't common...no offence plzz....Now, take note of the population of those countries mentioned as against that of Nigeria...weigh it against our resources via per capita income.....
Let me draw an analogy to help you here...if I give 5k as business capital to your family of 50 men to share and work with...and same 5k to another family of 10 men to use for same purpose within same time frame ceteris paribus...who will have more disposal income in the short run among them? But in the long run which family do you think will come out better, stronger, fulfilled and formidable Have you wondered why they still group China and India in world's countries with high rate of poverty?? Population bro....do not wish yourself evil to win election(to have campaign points)...do not be a pessimist or harbinger of bad news##word##

I won't dignify you with a response anymore. When comparisons are made, it's not done in absolute terms. Use your brains next time.
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by gists: 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Let me draw an analogy to help you here...if I give 5k as business capital to your family of 50 men to share and work with...[size=14pt]and same[/size] 5k to another family of 10 men to use for same purpose within same time frame ceteris paribus...who will have more disposal income in the short run among them? But in the long run which family do you think will come out better, stronger, fulfilled and formidable Have you wondered why they still group China and India in world's countries with high rate of poverty?? Population bro....do not wish yourself evil to win election(to have campaign points)...do not be a pessimist or harbinger of bad news##word##

Bro sorry to bust your bubbles. But I am extremely disappointed that you suggest countries like Botswana, Niger, Benin, Mali etc have the same amount of resources as Nigeria. While I agree that population is a challenge, please don't use that as excuse for our backwardness. India that you mentioned just launched their heaviest rocket into space! We got independence in the same year from the same colonial master.
We have FAAARRRR more resources and income (your same 5k to two families does not apply at all) than those "smaller countries".
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:06pm On Dec 21, 2014
chemali:

That's a brazen lie. PTF was known for its transparency. Tell us about Sure-P and how they scam jobless graduates? Tell us more about the oil subsidy and kerosene subsidy scam. Tell us more about stella Oduah and Diezani?

I have an issue with you...I ask one question based on the topic of this thread...instead of providing answer, you jump board into another unrelated issue...Is Jonathan same as Buhari Is buhari same as odua, diezani etc or you wanna derail? is it buhari now against ministers?
Back to topic;
Tell me how and why buhari's one million naira with no other means of income never finishes...and he keeps contesting for presidency every quarter?...
From where will you get funds for his 2014/2015 campaigns? is it still the one million or will governors use another state fund to campaign for St. Buhari...who wants to rid you of corruption but takes other people's money to campaign? is it that the end must justify the means Willy nilly....??

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:16pm On Dec 21, 2014
chemali:

I won't dignify you with a response anymore. When comparisons are made, it's not done in absolute terms. Use your brains next time.

I hope you haven't lost appetite for dinner...Lolz...
Kindly explain the basis under which you will leave Nigeria for those other countries grouped with nigeria as according to you the report is an evidence that the transformation agenda isn't working or practicable or isn't reflecting in the lives of citizens??
Even without any statistical data, I already know that the economic situation of both my extended and nuclear family keeps improving yearly notwithstanding we have no politicians in the family##majorly technocrats and business men and women##...
We are transforming gradually bro...lolz

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by gists: 7:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
I have said it before and I will repeat it again. Our problem is not gej. Our problem did not start with gej. He is just a crazy a$$hole compounding our problems.

gists:

Par your last sentence - You are right, and i have always said this myself. The pdp and gej did not start religious divide in Nigeria. So in fairness, let no body accuse gej of bringing religious divide to this country. But, what we accuse gej for is that under this administration, the religious polarity in Nigeria has been pronounced to a whole new level that it has never been before. Similarly, pdp/gej did not bring insurgents to Nigeria, but under the present a$$holes occuping aso rock, insurgents has planted a flag on our country. Nigerian Army has never been the strongest in the world, but under this useless government, we see Nigerian army running away from war front (for the 1st time in history) to Cameroon and shamefully surrender their arms to show they meant no harm simply because they have been delibrately under equipped and funded. The list goes on and on. I am sure many unbiased and enlightened people can add and explain more.
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2014
gists:

Bro sorry to bust your bubbles. But I am extremely disappointed that you suggest countries like Botswana, Niger, Benin, Mali etc have the same amount of resources as Nigeria. While I agree that population is a challenge, please don't use that as excuse for our backwardness. India that you mentioned just launched their heaviest rocket into space! We got independence in the same year from the same colonial master.
We have FAAARRRR more resources and income (your same 5k to two families does not apply at all) than those "smaller countries".

Fine bro...don't grapple with straws joor...give 2k to the smaller family and 5k to bigger family...does it make sense to you now which family do you think will come out stronger in the long run....
Check world's index on poverty in India, China and Nigeria as against those with less population density and landmass...
I am not making an excuse for several years of decadence in our leadership... but under GEJ are we moving on or making head way? Of course yes.....
Is buhari having a magic wand for automatic reversal of all these years of decadence which he contributed to in the 80's? Absolutely NOOOOOOOOO....
Buhari is no messiah to do quick fix to our challenge...
Note that Nigeria's challenge has no quick fix...it must involve a meticulous and consistent policy formulation and constructive action...

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by major466(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2014
The idea that Buhari will fight corruption, when he himself is buried in the midst of corruption is a fairly tale.
Excellent article.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by gists: 8:28pm On Dec 21, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Fine bro...don't grapple with straws joor...give 2k to the smaller family and 5k to bigger family...does it make sense to you now which family do you think will come out stronger in the long run....
Check world's index on poverty in India, China and Nigeria as against those with less population density and landmass...
I am not making an excuse for several years of decadence in our leadership... but under GEJ are we moving on or making head way? Of course yes.....
Is buhari having a magic wand for automatic reversal of all these years of decadence which he contributed to in the 80's? Absolutely NOOOOOOOOO....
Buhari is no messiah to do quick fix to our challenge...
Note that Nigeria's challenge has no quick fix...it must involve a meticulous and consistent policy formulation and constructive action...

I am not sure I understand your logic here.

To start with I am tempted to say that if you combine the resources of many (if not all) of those small African countries (Mali et al), Nigeria still beats them hands down. So I still don't quite agree with 5k:2k. Nigeria is RICH my brother.

Also China, India as at the last time I checked are far better than us on most if not all indices. They are at least 7 and 8 times more than us in population and have far more land mass. So we can't argue we are not prosperous because of our population/land mass. Infact it is actually a blessing as it means there is market for commerce. Otherwise, how do you explain how US is richer than Nigeria even when US is at least 2 our population and have a landmass of about the size of west africa.

Surely, GMB cannot solve all our problems. Anybody saying that is just not serious. But the ones that are most serious without which there cannot be true growth he can fix or put us on a good stead to fixing i.e insecurity and corruption. These two nightmare are the fertilizer of gej administration. Who cares about being the biggest economy or auto revolution when farmers are killed on their way to the farm and the president is seen dining with accused sponsors of terrorist (no sponsor or any high profile arrest so far after 10000s of lives are lost). Who cares about the fraudulent electricity reforms (with no improvement if not even worse state) when billions grow wings and disappears only to resurface on donation for the presidential campaign.

We want a clamp down on insecurity and a brave/sincere fight against corruption. Without these two all our supposed agains will be on paper only just like we have woken up to the reality of how poor Nigerians are even though the country is the biggest economy in Africa.

#GNB2015
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2014
gists:
I have said it before and I will repeat it again. Our problem is not gej. Our problem did not start with gej. He is just a crazy a$$hole compounding our problems.

I love your seeming unbiased post but you are still an a$$hole for not having respect for your leaders...
Now, can you without prejudice again study and analyse the religious card, security challenge and ill-equipped army armoury that's facing us...
How did the religious card issue come on high
Did GEJ advise christians to vote only christains NO
Did BUhari advise moslems to vote only moslems YES
Did GEJ encourage murder of Moslems NO
Did BUhari encourage murder of christians YES!!! when he encouraged sharia system in Nigeria and threatened for make Nigeria ungovernable... anarchists under that umbrella unleashed mayhem on innocent Nigerians...(its an open secret that GEJ cannot directly move against GMB today no matter his crime...why the opposition will cry witch hunting and northerners will cry victimization). Why didn't emir sanusi speak out the way he is doing now when boko haram was mainly
concentrating on killing christians remember the time of St. Theresa madala etc...it is now affecting all...
On security; why would a state governor not forge a common front with FG but for the sake of politics leave his state(he is chief security officer notwithstanding emergency rule...all state fund go to him as well as day to day state activities) and rush to London to castigate FG and shift blames...It is this distrust that complicated the tragedy of chibok...
Quote me anywhere; boko haram no matter what the army & FG do today can NEVER end till the northerners say; "enough is enough". Boko haram is still standing and gaining strength today simply because of LOCAL SUPPORT, LOCAL SYMPATHY & LOCAL INTELLIGENCE...Mind you; The same people who say that you are decimating the north by fighting and killing boko haram members; are same people crying wolf that you are allowing boko haram to kill them...how do you reconcile these?
Buying security equipment isn't like buying cheese balls or buying fish at oyingbo market...lots of protocols and processes(not an excuse). But remember, which leader gradually depleted and disarmed our army and armoury. Our armoury is down to nothing for years running... Can you re-equip them overnight?? NO...Are their sabotage Yes...so many players with so many hidden and ulterior motives on the international scene...
Are there room for improvements Yes...
Are we on the right track Yes...
Are their quick fixes to these challenges NO...
If anyone or BUHARI says he can stop them overnight.There are two possibilities in that assertion.(1)It is either he is the problem hence he will change his ways or (2) He has, breeds and knows the problem, hence can always call them in at his own time...
Which one is Buhari if he can fix all these challenges overnight?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
gists:

I am not sure I understand your logic here.

To start with I am tempted to say that if you combine the resources of many (if not all) of those small African countries (Mali et al), Nigeria still beats them hands down. So I still don't quite agree with 5k:2k. Nigeria is RICH my brother.

Also China, India as at the last time I checked are far better than us on most if not all indices. They are at least 7 and 8 times more than us in population and have far more land mass. So we can't argue we are not prosperous because of our population/land mass. Infact it is actually a blessing as it means there is market for commerce. Otherwise, how do you explain how US is richer than Nigeria even when US is at least 2 our population and have a landmass of about the size of west africa.

Surely, GMB cannot solve all our problems. Anybody saying that is just not serious. But the ones that are most serious without which there cannot be true growth he can fix or put us on a good stead to fixing i.e insecurity and corruption. These two nightmare are the fertilizer of gej administration. Who cares about being the biggest economy or auto revolution when farmers are killed on their way to the farm and the president is seen dining with accused sponsors of terrorist (no sponsor or any high profile arrest so far after 10000s of lives are lost). Who cares about the fraudulent electricity reforms (with no improvement if not even worse state) when billions grow wings and disappears only to resurface on donation for the presidential campaign.

We want a clamp down on insecurity and a brave/sincere fight against corruption. Without these two all our supposed agains will be on paper only just like we have woken up to the reality of how poor Nigerians are even though the country is the biggest economy in Africa.

#GNB2015

Good for you...but the core of my topic is that your BUHAri CANNOT & WILL NOT fight that corruption which is the only item in his manifesto albeit incomplete, because he is yet to explain the methodology to employ in this seeming fight...Is he going to employ angels as his soldiers or Nigerians in that fight of corruption?? How will he do it?
What is your take on the points raised above as it concerns Buhari
Insecurity... I have written something before about this... Our army was strategically disarmed over the years and men on ground had no much training... COSMETIC soldiers were employed(they're cosmetic soldiers because they never forsaw boko haram coming hence came into the army through the back door for the fame and money). Now, with boko haram, they desert war fronts and run home with phantom excuses...Mind you; soldiers are supposed to be diehards...remember Biafra war story where men fought bare hand, with sticks and dane guns...and they withstood Nigerian army for 30months##bravery you may say##...I am not advocating that they go and commit suicide with boko haram...equipment alone is not the problem but also, the personnel...See other issues in my other quote of you to avoid repetition...
Buhari has no magic wand to stop and can not even fight corruption when he is surrounded by corruption and corrupt entities...and he is also enjoying corrupt money from their campaign funds to him which are state funds...or can he ever jail jagaban...who just gave him a VP who do you think will have the loyalty of that VP jagaban or buhari...so wake up bro...thank you

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by olu77(m): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Sincerely, what do you need from this regime that they aren't addressing presently? What change does Buhari represent Change to parochialism Has he acquired any new ideas or is he planning to use 1984 solutions on a 2014 challenges That's disaster for sure...What's his roadmap to a better Nigeria Let him present it for all to see if he had any, which I doubt. I will provide you security, employment, food etc HOW How will he do it

We have insecurity at its peak and as far as the president is concerned there is no corruption. The president did some good works but protecting, embracing and even rewarding corrupt people is the problem with his style of leadership. No one can resolve the major problems of this nation without tackling corruption. We need a leader that will strengten the judiciary to independently work. Suppose Buhari is the sponsor of bokoharam and he is walking around free instead of cooling of in the prison, who is to blame? Our prison are full of people who stole because of hunger while armed robbers and mighty looters of our resources are being celebrated everyday by thesame government that should do the needful.
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2014
olu77:

We have insecurity at its peak and as far as the president is concerned there is no corruption. The president did some good works but protecting, embracing and even rewarding corrupt people is the problem with his style of leadership. No one can resolve the major problems of this nation without tackling corruption. We need a leader that will strengten the judiciary to independently work.

Insecurity thrives with local support and sympathy...if all stakeholders in the north without playing politics decides that boko haram will go; you see the magic within 48hours...##quote me##
Let me educate you a little on fighting corruption from my little understanding of the Nigerian problem. Corruption has eaten deep into the fabric of Nigerian system. If you fight it with "muscle", your government will be sabotaged and the economy will collapse like a pack of cards on your head. Even your citizens will not believe your story when you tell them of your innocence.
Now, imagine what's happening with oil sector. Same people who said you shouldn't remove subsidy are the ones saying that you steal through subsidy.##what an irony##. They used the poor man that needs fuel only for his tiger generator and kymco motorcycle to protest as against the rich man(maybe an oil importer or marketer) who powers his generator for his filling station business with fuel which has been subsidized for him initially. Now, he gains twice. What does the poor man who shout corruption gain? nothing...
If you decide as government to move against importers of oil with force they stop importing(wahala). Touch marketers, they park up(wahala). Touch regulatory agency they go on strike(wahala). What do you do? You have to strategically keep managing them and slowly take that poisoned feeding bottle(corruption) from them...It takes dedication and consistency...Do you think if Diezani & co are not getting it right that the opposition would have spared her forget the unfounded blackmails and allegations... it takes systematic effort to reawaken a dead system...do you think those who gained from the old system will spare you if you don't thread cautiously... Its a powerful cabal with international backing...they will blackmail you...threaten you...make attempts on your life...etc...just a consistent effort is needed and I believe GEJ is getting it right albeit slowly...forget the lies and propaganda bro...
Judiciary is already completely autonomous... no story about that...

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by gists: 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
Ok. Its late, I have work to do tomorrow. I need a fresh head in the morning. But I will try to give respond your last post.

Whynotthetruth:

I love your seeming unbiased post but you are still an a$$hole for not having respect for your leaders...

First you are even a far much bigger a$$hole for your insult on me. Did I attack you? I called gej your brainless father an a$$hole not you and you pounced on me. What for if I may ask? Bush, Obama, OBJ, Yar'Adua were all insulted you did not defend them, But you will rather sell your soul in defence of the inept mor0ns occupying aso rock who thinks common stealing is not corruption.

Now to your issues:

Whynotthetruth:

How did the religious card issue come on high
Did GEJ advise christians to vote only christains NO
Having broken a gentleman agreement he had with pdp, gej went further to start pushing for 7yr term right from the begining. Knowing he up against some major power brokers, he decided to go spiritual by giving it religious coloration. Making it look like the northern muslims hate him - a southern christian.
Jonathan, Seeking 7-Year Tenure, Meets TB Joshua And Attends Redeemed Church Holy Ghost Congress
http://saharareporters.com/2010/12/19/jonathan-seeking-7-year-tenure-meets-tb-joshua-and-attends-redeemed-church-holy-ghost
They say action speaks louder than voice. With this gej tell nigerian christians to rally behind him. But before you say what is wrong in kneeling down at the holy ghost congress, ask yourself is gej the 1st and only christian president in nigeria? Is he more christlike than obj, gowon, ironsi? whether you accept it or not, this action galvanised a lot of christian sentiments against muslim north and the reslut was clear in 2011 election. DO I need to tell you about how the highly respected office of the CAN president has been politicized and brought to ridicle under this administration? What will you say if you were a muslim to find out the private jet of the CAN president is involved in the transfer of over $9m of cash to buy weapons from Israeli men! You may wish it away as non-relevant but to many muslims especially in the north the president is using the CAN office to wage war against them.

Whynotthetruth:

Did BUhari encourage murder of christians YES!!! when he encouraged sharia system in Nigeria and threatened for make Nigeria ungovernable...
You said it yourself. Ignorance kills more than AIDS. Where in the world (not just Nigeria) is Sharia meant to kill christians. Not even in Saudi Arabia or any arab state. Where have you heard christians are being killed just because the country runs solely on sharia? I remember OBJ's response to Sharia when it started (yes it came to public knowledge during OBJ tenure). "Real Sharia will survive and political Sharia will die a natural death" That is how a real leader should behave. Was OBJ not a christian from the south? Did the political Sharia not die a natural death during obj's tenure? Having said this, I cannot even confirm if GMB actually encouraged sharia as there was no record he did this when he was the commander of the supreme military council. He had all the powers and his deputy and some members of the supreme council were also muslims. Nothing was in his way but the history book did not say he had any plan for sharia. Now even if GMB encouraged sharia, it is in no way suggestive of encouraging murder of any group or religion.

I see you are among those brainwashed that Buhari was the one that threatened to make nigeria ungovernable. The challenge has been thrown at you guys to PRODUCE ANY KIND OF EVIDENCE -BE IT NEWSPAPER, YOUTUBE VIDEO, RADIO RECORDING ETC where Buhari made that statement. The person that made that statement is one Lawan Kaita or whatever his name is. He was and he is still a PDP member probably still dining with gej.

Whynotthetruth:

(its an open secret that GEJ cannot directly move against GMB today no matter his crime...why the opposition will cry witch hunting and northerners will cry victimization)

This is why this country still remains like this. I have asked this question from your fellow gej TANoids. They usually keep quiet and run away. I hope you will sincerely answer this question:

If you are the President, you command all the security and intelligent outfits of this country. You are running for 2nd term but your biggest opposition is confirmed guilty of terrorist acts. You have all the facts from all the security and intelligent outfits (which are all under your control). You know that you will get maximum support from SW, SS and SE if you can arrest this guy and present bulletproofed evidence.
WHY ON EARTH WILL YOU NOT GET HIM/THEM ARRESTED WITH ALL THE RESOURCES AND EVIDENCE AT YOUR DISPOSAL?
YOU WILL GET MAXIMUM SUPPORT FROM CHRISTIANS AND UNBIASED MUSLIMS, FROM ALL REGIONS AND YOUR 2ND TERM BID WILL BE A PIECE OF CAKE. It just doesn't make sense that you are the president and your biggest opposition is guilty of terrorist acts and all you can say is "they will shout witch-hunting".

IN A SANE WORLD IT IS CALLED THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF INCOMPETENCE - PERIOD!!

Whynotthetruth:

why would a state governor not forge a common front with FG but for the sake of politics leave his state(he is chief security officer notwithstanding emergency rule.. all state fund go to him as well as day to day state activities) and rush to London to castigate FG and shift blames...It is this distrust that complicated the tragedy of chibok...

Seriously, at this point, I wanted to just stop responding as it is now obvious how ignorant you are. In a state of emergency the governor is powerless. By right the governor should have even been removed! But gej needed someone to keep blaming that is why he left the governor in the office. Was the army deployed by the governor? The army and all the country's security apparatus report altimately report to the the presidency not the state gov.

Again TANoid blaming everything and everybody and never admitting failure. So it is the uncooperative state governor whose authorty was undermined complicated the Chbok girls issue. I guess it was his lack of cooperation that made FG to refute the story for several weeks before they even admitted the girls were truly kidnapped. It is still his lack of cooperation that made their release (whether by negotiation or full military action) impossible for 8 months.

Whynotthetruth:

Quote me anywhere; boko haram no matter what the army & FG do today can NEVER end till the northerners say; "enough is enough". Boko haram is still standing and gaining strength today simply because of LOCAL SUPPORT, LOCAL SYMPATHY & LOCAL INTELLIGENCE...

Another blunder. I am sure you were proud of Israel when it launched attack on Palestine. Why did you not advocate Palestine should say enough is enough with Hamas? Responsible government world over will not wait for any group to protect the lives of its citizens. You are indirectly saying gej is incompetent to provide security and that its the northerners say no more fighting. As much as I disliked OBJ, you guys are making him look like a saint. How did OBJ handle insecurity?
BTW where are the locals that have sympathy for boko haram? The locals that BH kills at random indiscriminately. The locals that their emir had to run for his life and only returned a few days ago? GEJ is just incompetent PERIOD!

Whynotthetruth:

Buying security equipment isn't like buying cheese balls or buying fish at oyingbo market...lots of protocols and processes(not an excuse). But remember, which leader gradually depleted and disarmed our army and armoury. Our armoury is down to nothing for years running... Can you re-equip them overnight?? NO...Are their sabotage Yes...so many players with so many hidden and ulterior motives on the international scene...
Maybe you have forgotten that gej has been in power for 6 years out of our 16yrs of democracy. The budget for security had always been huge (sometime as high as 25% of the entire county's budget) how come you are still saying our arsenal is still empty after 6yrs of gej rule. Yes we may not be able to tackle major powerhouse in Africa, but for BH to get nigerian army running after trillions of dollars on security year after year under gej speaks volume of how corrupt this administation is.

Whynotthetruth:

Are there room for improvements Yes...
Are we on the right track Yes...
NO!! We are not on the right track. This is the delusion that you guys are giving gej and you are not helping him. How can we be on the right track when the sponsors are still on the loose? No major arrest after over 10000 lives lost and still counting. If you have a tap leaking in your house, will you not block the leak before you start mopping the floor? GEJ is mopping the floor when the sponsors are still bank-rolling terrorists. BTW I am just assuming (just to give gej the benefit of the doubt) that FG does not have a hand in sponsoring BH. How can he be contesting election and your enemies (be it in pdp or apc) are frustrating you. The least you can so is get them arrested and show the world the evidence that they are sponsoring BH.

Whynotthetruth:

Are their quick fixes to these challenges NO...
If anyone or BUHARI says he can stop them overnight.There are two possibilities in that assertion.(1)It is either he is the problem hence he will change his ways or (2) He has, breeds and knows the problem, hence can always call them in at his own time...
Which one is Buhari if he can fix all these challenges overnight?

There are always short term solutions as well as long term goals. Get the sponsors arrested on the short term. My primary school boy knows you don't mop the floor when the leaking pipe has not been blocked. GBM knows this and it doesn't mean he is a sponsor.

#GMB2015
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by ayindejimmy(m): 10:55pm On Dec 21, 2014
Whynotthetruth:
The APC presidential candidate; Alhaji Muhammad Buhari, to me would have been appreciated more by my kind, if he remained an elder statesman, and kingmaker than positioning himself in the front burner of politics.
He may end up according to my calculations ruining the integrity and respect he enjoys from some Nigerians hitherto now. His supporters believe that he is the messiah to rescue Nigeria. But in truth, history shows that he won't dare confront the menace of corruption. Why

1) Politics all over the world is undertaken with money; which Buhari is telling us that he doesn't have. This implicitly means he will depend on others(APC governors & stakeholders) to sponsor and bankroll his campaign. This is corruption already. How? The cash these governors will use to sponsor him are state funds and not Buhari's fund or the governor's personal fund. Isn't it corruption already? How will he fight them later??.

2) For Buhari to have before now, publicly exonerated the Abacha's of corruption means he is going to repeat the event of first time in office where he practiced selective prosecution. How Remember, after his coup d'etat, he kept Shagari under house arrest and jailed his deputy; Ekwueme. Why Is the "boy" more corrupt than "his boss"?

3) Will Buhari after being sponsored by the likes of Jagaban turn around and prosecute him Impossible. He won't have that moral right.

4) Remember, the case of 53 suitcases linked to an emir. If he never prosecuted those then; how will he now? I heard he blamed Atiku(the then controller general of custom) for that. Is it Atiku that was the head of state?? is it Atiku that will prosecute the emir?

5)Buhari may not have enriched himself as PTF boss, but his cronies did. Most staff of PTF under him did. So is same scenario not going to play out if elected again

Thank You...Ichie B.

All these are hypothesis that lacked solid foundation. Didn't you see the people donating billions for Gej? Where did they get all that? And how do they intend to get it back. Let's concern ourselves with what's already happening. Some people had already milked us into inflation and our president is in collaboration.
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2014
ayindejimmy:

All these are hypothesis that lacked solid foundation. Didn't you see the people donating billions for Gej? Where did they get all that? And how do they intend to get it back. Let's concern ourselves with what's already happening. Some people had already milked us into inflation and our president is in collaboration.

Pick them one after the other and prove to me how and what makes them hypothetical... Are they not issues we have been confronted with as we speak...Anyway, enjoy your dream while it lasts...

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by chigoizie7(m): 11:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
Whynotthetruth:
The APC presidential candidate; Alhaji Muhammad Buhari, to me would have been appreciated more by my kind, if he remained an elder statesman, and kingmaker than positioning himself in the front burner of politics.
He may end up according to my calculations ruining the integrity and respect he enjoys from some Nigerians hitherto now. His supporters believe that he is the messiah to rescue Nigeria. But in truth, history shows that he won't dare confront the menace of corruption. Why

1) Politics all over the world is undertaken with money; which Buhari is telling us that he doesn't have. This implicitly means he will depend on others(APC governors & stakeholders) to sponsor and bankroll his campaign. This is corruption already. How? The cash these governors will use to sponsor him are state funds and not Buhari's fund or the governor's personal fund. Isn't it corruption already? How will he fight them later??.

2) For Buhari to have before now, publicly exonerated the Abacha's of corruption means he is going to repeat the event of first time in office where he practiced selective prosecution. How Remember, after his coup d'etat, he kept Shagari under house arrest and jailed his deputy; Ekwueme. Why Is the "boy" more corrupt than "his boss"?

3) Will Buhari after being sponsored by the likes of Jagaban turn around and prosecute him Impossible. He won't have that moral right.

4) Remember, the case of 53 suitcases linked to an emir. If he never prosecuted those then; how will he now? I heard he blamed Atiku(the then controller general of custom) for that. Is it Atiku that was the head of state?? is it Atiku that will prosecute the emir?

5)Buhari may not have enriched himself as PTF boss, but his cronies did. Most staff of PTF under him did. So is same scenario not going to play out if elected again

Thank You...Ichie B.

this is a game of 50/50 many people will vote for buhari not because buhari is better than GEJ but because there is no alternative to GEF except GMB, as for me? na all those money wey dem raise for the dinner my eye de shoook, cos i no even get voters card.
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:49pm On Dec 21, 2014
gists...
I actually wanted to respond to your long epistle of inanities but on a second thought...is better I ignore you since you have chosen to ignore the truth and stand facts on its head...
It is actually disheartening when you see folks like you; who blinded by sentiments refuse to see reason and they keep grappling with straws...
Mind you; give me whatever name that pleases you and pour insults and invectives on me but it still doesn't change the fact that you are fighting a lost battle...
I will be proud to have him as a dad bro...he is a man of uncommon destiny...
Keep dreaming bro...GMB till you wake up!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:51pm On Dec 21, 2014
chigoizie7:

this is a game of 50/50 many people will vote for buhari not because buhari is better than GEJ but because there is no alternative to GEF except GMB, as for me? na all those money wey dem raise for the dinner my eye de shoook, cos i no even get voters card.

lolz...you are not serious joor...biko jee gbatakwa voters card...o di ezigbo mkpa...dalu

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by gists: 5:49am On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:
gists...
I actually wanted to respond to your long epistle of inanities but on a second thought...is better I ignore you since you have chosen to ignore the truth and stand facts on its head...
It is actually disheartening when you see folks like you; who blinded by sentiments refuse to see reason and they keep grappling with straws...
Mind you; give me whatever name that pleases you and pour insults and invectives on me but it still doesn't change the fact that you are fighting a lost battle...
I will be proud to have him as a dad bro...he is a man of uncommon destiny...
Keep dreaming bro...GMB till you wake up!!!

hahaah A section-by-section response to your posts with facts suddenly become epistle.
And very typical of TANoids you ran away from the very same question none of your folks has ever been brave enough to answere. But just maybe you didn't go through the "epistle", I will repeat it again:

Scenario:
1) If you are the President, you command all the security and intelligent outfits of this country.
2) You are running for 2nd term but your biggest opposition is confirmed guilty of terrorist acts.
3) You have all the facts from all the security and intelligent outfits (which are all under your control).
4) You know that you will get maximum support from SW, SS and SE if you can arrest this guy and present bulletproofed evidence.
5) YOU WILL GET MAXIMUM SUPPORT FROM CHRISTIANS AND UNBIASED MUSLIMS, FROM ALL REGIONS ESPECIALLY IN SW, SS & SE AND YOUR 2ND TERM BID WILL BE A PIECE OF CAKE.

Now giving the above scenarios, if the bolded part of item two is really true as you are trying to make us believe, then here is the question:

[size=14pt]WHY ON EARTH WILL YOU NOT GET HIM/THEM ARRESTED WITH ALL THE RESOURCES AND EVIDENCE AT YOUR DISPOSAL?[/size]

It just doesn't make sense that you are the president and your biggest opposition is guilty of terrorist acts and all you can say is "they will shout witch-hunting".
I repeat: IN A SANE WORLD IT IS CALLED THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF INCOMPETENCE - PERIOD!!

But then, I don't expect you to have a rational/sensible explanation because there is none! You people are just being sentimental because he put Azikwe in his name and he is christian from the south.
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by jamace(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2014
chemali:

That's a brazen lie. PTF was known for its transparency. Tell us about Sure-P and how they scam jobless graduates? Tell us more about the oil subsidy and kerosene subsidy scam. Tell us more about stella Oduah and Diezani?
https://www.nairaland.com/1580013/derivation-deprivation-ii-ill-gotten-wealth
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:18pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Thank You...Ichie B.

if you wan catch monkey...what do you do?

Selective persecution is waaaayyy better than no persecution at all,i'll take it anyday,when its pdp's turn,if they like they should not selectively persecute(show of incompetence)
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Truth be told, you have no well founded evidence to support this claim of yours other than sentiments and your emotional attachment to GMB...Yes, because since the advent of this GMB presidential dream, he has NEVER for once declared his plans(constructive, verifiable and empirical) plans on how he hopes to do it better than GEJ...His campaign manifesto so far is based simply on insulting GEJ and stocking the embers of sentiments of his lowly life...Remember, his declaration where he quoted false figures and subsequent PDP redress and challenge to him... So how do you know he has better plans than GEJ Or are you a mind reader?
what more do you want as evidence,ppl were jailed/house arrested /whipped/firing squadded so we know for a fact it will not be business as usual.

How many months before oduah was removed or for chibok girls to be acknowleged,diezani still reigns supreme and pej still an embarrassment to an entire race
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Sincerely, what do you need from this regime that they aren't addressing presently? What change does Buhari represent Change to parochialism Has he acquired any new ideas or is he planning to use 1984 solutions on a 2014 challenges That's disaster for sure...What's his roadmap to a better Nigeria Let him present it for all to see if he had any, which I doubt. I will provide you security, employment, food etc HOW How will he do it
umm lets see...security,prosperity,integrity?

Gmb will bring integrity which will shore up prosperity which will even out security
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:25pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

umm lets see...security,prosperity,integrity?

Gmb will bring integrity which will shore up prosperity which will even out security cos truth be told even the ordinary cassava bread i never see
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:27pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Bro, I will appreciate that we use our heads(brains cum logic) here not our hearts(emotions). Plz don't use insulting words. Now, is PHCN still existing in Nigeria Don't show yourself as an ignoramus. I am disappointed by the ignorance of most of us. Can you kindly tell me how Buhari's campaign will be funded and by who please Remember, Buhari has already said he has at least a million in his account, which you know isn't enough to campaign even in a single state. So who and how will he make up the deficits?
where has logic ever beat sentiment in a political contest. Man is not rational,never was,never will be,at least not in mob mode
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Issues about Buhari's economic policies of 1984 has been handled in another thread where datolee exposed the lies, inadequacies and untruths about that. Why not ask barcanista his experience in that thread. So I wouldn't go back to argue on that.
Wow, who said those indices are traceable to buhari? did he invent those ideas? was he the one that told GEJ to implement those ideas If his economic blueprint as you said has been exhausted by GEj team, it then means he has NOTHING again to offer?? His grandsons need him more...Since, you brought chronological age into this, Which developed or progressive country in the world today has a leader above 60/65
yep his grandsons need him to step up and secure their future instead of hiding behind age or his grandsons.thats how you know a man and not a coward
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

Issues about Buhari's economic policies of 1984 has been handled in another thread where datolee exposed the lies, inadequacies and untruths about that. Why not ask barcanista his experience in that thread. So I wouldn't go back to argue on that.
Wow, who said those indices are traceable to buhari? did he invent those ideas? was he the one that told GEJ to implement those ideas If his economic blueprint as you said has been exhausted by GEj team, it then means he has NOTHING again to offer?? His grandsons need him more...Since, you brought chronological age into this, Which developed or progressive country in the world today has a leader above 60/65
yep his grandsons need him to step up and secure their future instead of hiding behind age or his grandsons.thats how you know a man and not a coward. He's standing up for what he believes inwanti corruption,same as you are standing for corruption
Re: Why Buhari Will & Can Not Fight Corruption. by mikolo80: 1:33pm On Dec 22, 2014
Whynotthetruth:

yep his grandsons need him to step up and secure their future instead of hiding behind age or his grandsons.thats how you know a man and not a coward. He's standing up for what he believes in, anti corruption,no matter what you throw at him,same as you are standing for corruption no matter how much suffer you suffer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Davido With Tinubu, At Apc Rally. / Have These States Gone Into Extinct? / Policemen And OPC Members Clash In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.