Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest (15441 Views)

Why Do Some Set Of Persons Think They Owns Mr & Mrs Nairaland Contest / Essay Contest On Divorce For Africans / Handwriting Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 22, 2014

Background:

BabyOsisi offered a $100 prize for 250 words from unemployed youths on Nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/2025751/aunty-babyosisis-token-christmas-gift

A number of other Nairalanders were moved by her generosity and donated money to increase the prize amount. The contest was expanded to include all students and recent graduates on Nairaland: https://www.nairaland.com/2029138/babyosisi-christmas-essay-contest

The 4 winning entries and the top 8 entries were announced on December 19th:
CFCfan:
The top 8 are as follows:

[b]1. Area: Sexual Violence
Sharing the Shame: Confronting Sexual Violence in Nigeria – 99.5%
https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas/8#29027124
CONGRATULATIONS. You have won 50% of the total prize money which is N49,972!

2. Area: Economics
EXTERNAL DEBT: A Blessing or Cankerworm to the Nigerian Economy? – 97.5%
https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas/1#28882443
Congratulations!! You have won N29,983.

3. Area: Education: English Language
Towards a Result-Oriented Teaching of English language in Nigerian Schools- 96.5%
https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas/2#28885966
Congrats to you! You've won N19,989.

4. Area: Education
THE PITIABLE CONDITION OF TEACHING PROFESSION IN NIGERIA AND THE WAY OUT- 94% (675 words).
Average score for subject (adherence to topic, originality, feasibility)+ avg score for organization= 63.5
https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas#28861067
Congratulations! You've won N3,500 in mobile airtime.

5. Area: Public Health
HEALTHCARE FINANCING: A PRACTICAL NIGERIAN MODEL- 94% (680 words). Average score for subject (adherence to topic, originality, feasibility) + avg score for organization= 60.5
https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas#28861294

6. Area: Elections
CURBING ELECTORAL MALPRACTICES AND DEFICIENCIES IN NIGERIA - 93.5%
https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas/8#29026438

7. Area: Education
EDUCATION SYSTEM IN NIGERIA - 92.5%
https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas/8#29027212

8. Area: Corruption in Nigeria
ESSAY ON CORRUPTION - 91%
https://www.nairaland.com/2029165/official-submission-thread-babyosisi-christmas/1#28879651
[/b]

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by cococandy(f): 2:08am On Dec 22, 2014
Great job

3 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 22, 2014
We were overwhelmed by the words of support we received. A very special thanks to the following posters for encouraging us to make this contest a success.
InvertedHammer:
/
All these criteria for $100.

You harsh o!

God forbid you have to hire someone for a permanent position, you will demand an arm and a leg. cool cool cool

And you had the effrontery to call it a Gift.

\
Dreyl:
Lol $100 not even $10000.
UniqueGem:
Lol!! So much for a mere $100.
What hurts me is that at the end, they'll treat my entry and many others the same way etisalat treated my entry in the flash fiction competition. Naija will never change.
#SheActuallyCallsItAnXmasGift, I call it MOCKERY.
ZUBY77:
I am not. I want this rubbish off front page. This is a campaign.

I m giving out many bags of rice and cash this Christmas and expect nothing in return. That's the meaning of gift.

Not demanding for essays and certificates and oath of unemployment from a million people just to give one person 100 dollars. Not even in naira.
This is an insult to Nigeria.
niceeric:
But can't this insult be taken off frontpage?......MODs!!!!!!!!
niceeric:
I tire ooo my brother.......to giv a meagre 18k na him wahala full d criteria so??
Akalia:
What's $100, it's far too small an amount. Mtchew.
Davvymavvy:
Naxo unemployed youths poor reach? on top how much, u go pass tru all dz wahala. Nawa o. Whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well, if u want to give something to a GRADUATE, abeg, mk it kul. I lik d initiative, kudos to u but 18k wears dz toga of poverty on the part of ur subjects
UniqueGem:
Them beg you before? Because of #18,300 somebody wants to form boss over thousands.
sunnshyn:
Some people should certainly not be in power...kai!! People will SUFFER!!

Even criteria for international scholarships no reach like this...

It's christmas, give cos you want to not because people deserve it or have to compete for it....

Competition ko, complexion ni!

Msheewwww!!
fireforfire:
d requirement be like oil company own.
Chaiii niaja don hear am.
E no go beta for poverty
niceeric:
if women were to be in power ehn?......Nigeria for don hear am!!!

Dis thread shock me no be small ooo
pressplay55:
i might not have $100 now.....
In as much as your $100 does not worth my stress....
I dont settle for less when i can get the best!
Pocket your small change, the beggars in your street, needs it more.
Bunsky:
Madam abeg keep your money,all dis wahala b'cos of 18k.
You wan show us sai na dollar you dey spend abi?

And you call dis xmas gift?
Take your money to orphanage home or old woman in villa.
Davvymavvy:
Cox of 18k?,,e no go better for poverty
onlyme07:
It's a good idea that lots of rich folks on NL can emulate but my instincts tells me, you want to mock unemployed graduates in Nigeria.

Just forget about it,I will advise folks not to participate due to your ulterior motive. God has already blessed them above your "gift" and will provide for those who need "$100" for christmas.. Amen

After demanding that the mods remove the contest from the front page and succeeding:
sunnshyn:
God bless you my brother!! I am solidly with you on your campaign..I really can't stand egocentric people with such mind set...
niceeric:

a very big one bro!!!!!....i knew we av sensible mods who can distinguish between real givers and people who would do anything for show off

Tokunbohkinibig:
Why all these selection criteria for mere $100 Babyosisi? God punish poverty and foolishness at ur own part. Haba!!!! Thank God u r not in a position to give scholarship to Nigerians oooo, the condition wey you go attach to ur scholarship go fit break someone back u know. I beg go reduce those conditions to only number 1- You must reside in Nigeria. If you refuse to do what I have just suggested, I ll disrespect or discredit your thread by giving this $100 to unemployed graduate here right now without any condition attach to it
Tokunbohkinibig:
Point of correction, your thread actually got me upset and embarrassed but I am calmed now though. But honestly speaking, It pisses me off instead of motivating me. I am not motivated by a mere $100. However, I ll create my own thread any moment from now with $
Uncle, you forgot to open your giveaway thread. Just a friendly reminder.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 22, 2014
Good job guys
Loving the thread

3 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:41am On Dec 22, 2014
The encouragement went on for pages and pages. I didn't realize how supportive Nairalanders could be to one another. It was a touching thing to see.

ugoonuoha:
My brother I completely agree with you.
I'm not a frequent commentator on here, but this has got me so riled up. Important points:
1. OP is incorrigible! Even though, her verification methods has been shown to be ineffective, she's still head strong about it.
2. Criterion is too much. Totally unnecessary.
3. OP is being public about her "gift", which means she's already got her reward [Jesus].

PS - I would have been eligible for this "contest", however, I can't belittle myself for $100
UniqueGem:
Mr and Mrs Nairaland competition was neither tagged with a PRIZE nor a GIFT. It was prolly conducted at a participants risk. No Cert was demanded, no confidential info was demanded too. Though i term it(Mr & Mrs Nl) a worthless venture. But still, everything was at a participants discretion. You can't call something i worked hard to get a GIFT. Asking me to write an essay is like asking me to come for a job interview. Asking me to upload my cert is like asking me to come for the interview with my CV. Then at the end of the month, u dare call my HARD EARNED salary ($100) a GIFT. Are you high on some cheap weed or something?
eunisam:
b4nko? Keep it.even 0 level cert is more valueable to your $100. No insult meant.
InvertedHammer:
/

Who dash monkey? You do all these no mean say you go get the money o!

100+ people put in all the effort, write their life story, send Certificates, etc. and na only 1 person go win. Abi you forget?

Some people are just wicked.

Babyosisi, e no go better for u

\
UniqueGem:
Madam. I have just 2 problems with Babyoshi.
1. She's asking people to leave their certs at the mercy of millions.
2. She calls it a gift when the people in question are actually working for it.
See in life, nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. Don't discomfort people just to comfort yourself.
BTW: i am not unemployed, i'm not employed and i am not searching for a job.
One more thing, instead of yawning here, leave your account details, i'll send you a christmas gift in the next 1hr. You sound hungry and desperately in need of one.
mobuch:
i would have called u a big fool., but u are lucky am in a good mood; it is stupid and childish to advertise your good deeds or good works in public, if u wanna do good, do it in secret, and god will reward u in secret; but since u have decided to act like a notice me, then your reward from god is already quantified by the number of likes u have received on your 1st post... bumcum
Whobedatte:
don't blame her oo. Blame the wicked, unscrupulous rulers we have @ the helms of affairs who have made life unbearable for the average nigerian causing incessant hardship&false hope. If not, Weytin be 100$? Ehn en.? I hate people who seek self gratification.

On the thread of the new incarnation of the contest
Idumuose44:
What is this attention seeking thread doing on the FP?

smh for NL
phoinix:
Crap again, 45k ain't shit either for all that prerequisite listed above.
Erection:
Anyone who participates in this shiit is a broke ass #Nigga.. ?? What is #95k ?? Babymama, You disgust me.
willibounce1:
Don't be deceived niqqar. Nothing reasonable can come out from that popular tribal bigot. I'm sure they have plans to use people's certificate to mock them later on on this thread. E be like say U just enter NL. Ppl wey know them know say them bi amosu!
fabiano09:
Like a $100 is anything to go by,i already see this ish flopping,the judges are questionable,berem? this must b a bad joke,even the organizer is a heartless bigot who thinks in black n white,i doubt if any respectable nairalander will participate,except their hungry cohorts.
ferdimako:
It would have been on how to make those living abroad to come back and help Nigeria.
^^^ I was struck by the irony of this comment. I asked him, but he assured me that he was not joking.

Jchi9876:
I tire oooooo.
Think say as people see $$$$ them go piss for body! !!!! I go do my own competition for all these Nigerians whey dey America make dem post their immigration story, pay stubs and degrees or certifications gotten in yankee(they can block their names) i go give N50,000 to the winner! !!!!!
I was honored by this member in particular, who devoted his entire night for hours that day to communicating his ideas for the contest directly into my mentions so I wouldn't accidentally miss them. I regret that I wasn't able to reply to him a single time.
Here are about 10% of them:
Jchi9876:

You go wait taya for Missmeiya
Jchi9876:

Lol @ broke Meiya
Jchi9876:

And she come old on top. . .
Jchi9876:

She got talent bin a comedienne than a judge lol
He was so dedicated, he lurked in the viewing section at every stage of the contest. I'm very thankful for his enthusiastic support.
Jchi9876:
Three essays since Dec 2?
Unfortunately, this was the only comment he made during the contest, and made no remarks upon the concluding, though I again saw him in the viewing section when the winners were announced.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 2:45am On Dec 22, 2014
To the contestants who were frustrated by the short amount of time they were given to complete their submission because the the contest thread was only on the front page for a brief time, and to those that missed the deadline altogether, you can direct your queries to the posters mentioned above.

To use their words:
sunnshyn:
That's why Nigeria is this way cos we all stay on the fence and watch and then do nothing. When we see what's wrong or what we do not support, the proper thing is to SPEAK OUT AGAINST IT!!

In truth, Nigerians have a habit of not speaking out against people trying to accomplish something. We have that reputation of not insulting or criticizing or even praying for misfortune, as a few did to babyosisi in the original thread. We don't do that. We should tear each other down more often, if we want to see a better Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:12am On Dec 22, 2014
I made this thread to honor the winners of babyosisi's essay contest. I quoted as many of them as I could, though there were more. Please, give them your applause.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 3:58am On Dec 22, 2014
I didn't know you were also a comedienne

5 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 22, 2014
Present
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 5:15am On Dec 22, 2014
Congratulations to all the winners. You have all made us proud. Indeed, through your stellar contributions, Nigeria and Nigerians can only continue to get better. May the Good Lord support you as you supported us, and may those blessings be returned double measure unto you. May the light of Jesus continue to shine through you.

3 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by frakapotala: 11:13am On Dec 22, 2014
ASIWAJU OF THE MASSES
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 22, 2014
Congrats to the winners! Xmas money don show

3 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by shadelek(m): 11:15am On Dec 22, 2014
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by 100Cents: 11:16am On Dec 22, 2014
What nonsense is this ?

What is BABYOSISI ?
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2014
unrepentant bigot
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by shaboti: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2014
God bless you babyosisi

2 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by seedorfg(m): 11:18am On Dec 22, 2014
IRANU
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by shaboti: 11:18am On Dec 22, 2014
kaya09:
unrepentant bigot
shut your dirty mouth, dullard. You that is not a bigot what have u done to help others ? angry

3 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by MizMyColi(f): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2014
Yaaaayyyyyyyyyy cheesy

Lemme goan look well

2 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by AriDsexy(f): 11:19am On Dec 22, 2014
And I've bn following ds thread from day one

Congrats to the winners.

It will go a long way in adding one or two things to ur christmas shopping.

3 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Descartes: 11:19am On Dec 22, 2014
Democracy in action wink

2 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Beennkumar(m): 11:21am On Dec 22, 2014
Those comments though. grin

Well done, babyosisi.

4 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Joshuadon: 11:25am On Dec 22, 2014
Congrate to the winners....... kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by MizMyColi(f): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2014
This has been taking off FP sad sad
@MissMeiya, me thinks you shouldn't have quoted those hate comments and criticisms.

You should have just left them to posterity.

2 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 22, 2014
musKeeto:
Congratulations to all the winners. You have all made us proud. Indeed, through your stellar contributions, Nigeria and Nigerians can only continue to get better. May the Good Lord support you as you supported us, and may those blessings be returned double measure unto you. May the light of Jesus continue to shine through you.
Smh.
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 22, 2014
shaboti:
shut your dirty mouth. You that is not a bigot what have u done to help others ? angry
hey çùnt,y do u tink it has been yanked frm d frontpage almost immediately
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2014
MizMyColi:
This has been taking off FP sad sad
@MissMeiya, me thinks you shouldn't have quoted those hate comments and criticisms.

You should have just left them to posterity.

No, I wanted to congratulate them. And everyone who thinks like them. They deserve the recognition.

6 Likes

Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Douglasxl: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2014
Where are the winners?
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 22, 2014
Douglasxl:
Where are the winners?
the winners arr still d same persons dt organized d competition,can u accept a gift frm a questionable character?? Babyosisi is an asssholeee,berem u all knw,what shocked me is missmeiya 's participation cuz she aint lyk dem,dunno y she tainted her name
Re: Winners Of The Babyosisi Christmas Essay Contest by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 22, 2014
kaya09:

the winners arr still d same persons dt organized d competition,can u accept a gift frm a questionable character?? Babyosisi is an asssholeee,berem u all knw,what shocked me is missmeiya 's participation cuz she aint lyk dem,dunno y she tainted her name

If it shocked you, perhaps you should have set your mind to figuring out why.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Was The Biggest Challenge You Overcame This Year? / Shocking Video: See Baby Born With One Eye In Israel / Narrate Your Funny Nightmares If You Ever Had Them.must View!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.