Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:05 AM

Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! (660 Views)

Obasanjo’s Book "My Watch" About Atiku / Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book / Obasanjo’s Book Out, Declares President Jonathan Incapable Of Governing Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! by seunrebirth(m): 4:47am On Dec 22, 2014
Naija no dey carry last at all... and so i was like seriously? pirated copies of former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s controversial autobiography titled ‘My Watch’ now on Lagos streets (Maryland and Opebi areas to be precise) sold for as low as N7,000 ONLY? lols... Na wa o

Mean while, the original copy of that very book which has three volumes, costs about N15, 000 while the pirated copy, which has two volumes, costs less than half the price and comes in a white cover as opposed to the original’s yellow and brown colour.

I even had chance to speak with one of the road guys seling it during traffic, acting as if i wanted to buy it. He said, “My friend, you know this book is illegal now and we are even taking a huge risk selling it. The controversy in the pages of the book and the controversy that it has continued to generate in society have made it a bestseller.

“I usually sell it between N11,000 and N7,000 depending on the negotiating power of the customer.”
When asked where he usually got the books from, he said, “You want to spoil my market? Of course I can’t tell you.”
According to punch: Obasanjo’s book, which centres on his life in the military, as a democratic president and after office, became a legal issue shortly before its publication when the Chairman, Organisation and Mobilisation Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party in the South-West, Buruji Kashamu, took the matter to court in an attempt to prevent Obasanjo from launching the book.

Source: http://www.hallanaijablog.com/2014/12/pirated-copies-of-obasanjos-book-sells.html

Hmm! Would you advice your friends or relatives to quickly purchase their own copy b4 its too late? Now that its cheap.. lols.

Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! by temitemi1(m): 4:53am On Dec 22, 2014
I see am for inside hold up for maryland too grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! by seunrebirth(m): 4:58am On Dec 22, 2014
grin grin grin OH! Really?
temitemi1:
I see am for inside hold up for maryland too grin grin grin
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! by madridguy(m): 5:48am On Dec 22, 2014
Good for the self acclaimed oracle of Owu kingdom. He should stop painting the present government black for his own personal interest. His their any corrupt leader like him. Abi Old age don make you forgot how heavily you bribe all the lawmaker for implementation of any law. It is your regime that a lawmaker said even blood money will never bring a return like politics. Another lawmaker said his tired of money don't even know what to use it for again. Obasanjo, you owns every Nigerian an apology for dragging us back, bacause you have the opportunity to transform this Nation for better but instead of that you sold out every Nigeria property and rendered millions useless.
So baba Ota it is better you look for somewhere and sit down.
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! by kayboy4y(m): 6:03am On Dec 22, 2014
Aba boys at work. Naija no dey carry last.
Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! by PerfumeRepublik: 6:18am On Dec 22, 2014
Why should Lies cost this much?

1 Like

Re: Pirated Copies Of Obasanjo’s Book Now For Sale At N7,000 ONLY! by ukukaegbu(m): 7:01am On Dec 22, 2014
I don't need to buy it. I already know the whole content through nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

Corrupt LASTMA On Badagry Expressway With PIX / Nigerians Fantasy Of Change Through Buhari/apc: Part 1 (corruption). / Lagos PDP Picks Mrs Abdulkareem As Agbaje’s Runing Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.